Are we witnessing the globalist hostile takeover of Canada by Justin Trudeau?

On 12/26/2023 at 2:41 PM, blackbird said:

97% of atmospheric CO2 is natural.  CO2 is an essential component of life. There is no proof that man is causing climate change.  So all the fear-mongering is just that, fear-mongering.  Nothing anyone can do to affect climate change.  But we have been hammered for years with the carbon taxes and it has done nothing for the climate.  It never will.  All it is doing is making Canadians poorer.  Man's contribution is 3% of the CO2 in the atmosphere.  All the efforts to reduce CO2 emission is not likely to change that 3% one iota.  There are 8 billion people on earth and hundreds of millions using fossil fuels for transportation, ships, aircraft, buses, automobiles, home heating, agriculture, etc.  It is fiction to think man can reduce his total CO2 emissions without seriously harming mankind.  And there still is no proof that man's tiny contribution is affecting the climate.

Either you will never understand what a carbon cycle is or just don't want to know.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Either you will never understand what a carbon cycle is or just don't want to know.

Never heard the term carbon cycle on the news and never read about it.  Sounds like something you think has some major importance.   Perhaps you mean the cycle of plants using carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen into the air.  Animals do the opposite.  They use oxygen and release carbon dioxide.  Is that the cycle you mean?

It has no relevance to the phony claim that man is causing climate change.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I feel like I'm kind of getting my butt kicked here and i can't remember why we were talking about this

Na. I'm simply spouting off my angle of things. I guess the more corrupt they are the more libertarian I get.

Conservative libertarian, that is.

;) 

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Doesn't the OP refer to the UN?

It's all there.

The op did refer to the UN, but not NATO or USMCA, and not in the same context as you implied. The emphasis here is clearly on the WEF and their influence, as well as China. In fact, the headline and OP are practically screaming that and if you had bothered to click the link, you would know that.

But it's highly likely that you didn't read that far to figure it out, stopped after the first few lines just as you are doing now.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I remember it well.

And yet misquoted it.

Right when Ontario was shutting big coal plants down.

not really.  Sorry. doesn't come close to accounting for it.

Which you're attributing to Harper's GST rebates. So where's the data and evidence for that?

Does it matter?  Are you back to a point where you'll be interested in reality again or are you still swimming in your leftist fantasies?

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

not really.  Sorry. doesn't come close to accounting for it.

You're the one who has the accounting to do. How many furnaces times how much efficiency equals how many Mt?

How hard can it be?

14 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Does it matter?  Are you back to a point where you'll be interested in reality again or are you still swimming in your leftist fantasies?

I'm staying focused on the unsupported claim you made. I'm guessing it's unsupported because it's unsupportable.

But maybe since I've told you how to support it now there's hope.

17 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

But it's highly likely that you didn't read that far to figure it out, stopped after the first few lines just as you are doing now.

Mea culpa.

But I still don't think I was wrong, nor do I think that I gave the post too little attention.

Edited by Michael Hardner
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Did you see what they did to us during Covid? I think that reveals their true motives. They are not on our side.

You mean they provided for their own constituants before bailing us out? Gee why don't we do that? 😁

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Because they became communist at that point, and thus our enemies. It's pretty simple, one just has to not forget history.

Gee, so you are saying the Soviet Union in WW2 wasn't our ally or are you saying they weren't communist?

Who cares if China is communist? Why does that make them our enemy? 

10 hours ago, Gaétan said:

The word says it GREEN: Things that don't make pollution

Where do you get the energy required to produce the hydrogen?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gaétan said:

From what ever is a green power source

So, nuclear power. Why, then, should we not just use the power from the nuclear reactor rather than using it to produce hydrogen. The production of hydrogen consumes a lot of energy. 

The advantage of nuclear power is we have enough uranium to bridge the gap until we can get thorium reactors up and running and the carbon footprint is low. You re-build and electrify the rail networks to replace tranpertation that uses fossil fuels. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eyeball said:

You're the one who has the accounting to do. How many furnaces times how much efficiency equals how many Mt?

No i don't. The numbers are already there.

During harper's time emissions went down. He definitely did take some actions and at the end of the day he can legit say he succeeded.  10 years after he won (ish) the emissions were still lower than when he took office despite a full economic recovery and increase in population and despite expansion of oil production.  He did very well.

Meanwhile justin made all kinds of promises, GUARANTEED!!!!! that the carbon tax would reduce emissions to the point he promised at paris, and emissions went up.  Dramatically.

Your hero Trudeau failed utterly despite promises and despite running the economy down with a useless tax he used to line his own pockets.  Yet here you are yet again trying to defend him and downplay anything  anyone else did.

Harper did very little and still did more than justin by far.

This topic is also supported by a newspaper article I just came across.

"Who uttered the scariest, most threatening words, anywhere in the world, in all of 2023?

Not Putin, not Kim Jong Un of North Korea, or some other unscrupulous dictator — it was Canada’s own Justin Trudeau."

LEDREW: Trudeau wants us to allow him to radically change Canada (msn.com)

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The numbers are already there.

No they're not because they don't exist for what you're talking about which is a direct line between lower emissions and Harper's policies and especially his GST rebates. Like I said it's a simple calculation, how many furnaces times how much efficiency should equal 7Mt of emissions. All you need are two numbers.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No they're not

Sure they are. I've posted them

I know i know - facts make you angry and then you lash out like somehow it's my fault.

Harper did more than trudeau did despite having done very little. Sorry your hero blew it. The liberals are no friend of the environment.

Fun fact - wasn't climate change but Mulroney did more for the environment that the previous trudeau or chretien as well when he fought acid rain.

Why is it the conservatives always seem to achieve more on the environmental front than the libs?  Sorry kid - you're voting for the wrong party.

On 12/26/2023 at 4:29 PM, herbie said:

So let's elect Tories who will do nothing.
You know, those guys who delivered FREE TRADE to get rid of "globalist" Liberals.

Canada's GDP per person is up 1% or so in the last 15 years. The US GDP per person is up about 14%

And yet, strangely, the US has reduced emissions by about 20% since 2005 while Canada is down a bare 8%

On 12/26/2023 at 11:19 PM, herbie said:

The Tories have never had a climate plan, or they would've revealed it.

So you're saying it's better to have a climate plan that doesn't work than to not have a climate plan?

On 12/27/2023 at 5:09 PM, TreeBeard said:

What new technology are you referring to?  (Please don’t say SMRs….  those are nowhere near to existing as an alternative;  they’re science fiction).  

So what? So is the Liberal party's climate reduction plan, it's plan for EVs, and it's pretense that it's going to achieve net zero. Or even the belief that it SHOULD.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Gee, so you are saying the Soviet Union in WW2 wasn't our ally or are you saying they weren't communist?

They were a convenient ally at the time, yes, but Churchill knew exactly what he was dealing with when he said he had to make a deal with the devil (Stalin).

Plus immediately after the war and having utilized the atom bomb on Japan, the US and UK  considered nuking the Soviets, afraid they might get too powerful. They literally debated annihilating them before the soviets could develop their own nukes.

https://canadiandimension.com/articles/view/from-1945-49-the-us-and-uk-planned-to-bomb-russia-into-the-stone-age#:~:text=Just weeks after the Second,with a massive nuclear strike.

"Just weeks after the Second World War was over and with Nazi Germany defeated, Soviet Russia’s allies, the United States and Great Britain, hastened to develop military plans aimed at dismantling the USSR and wiping out its cities with a massive nuclear strike."

You probably knew that. Just forgot in the moment of passionate debate...   ;) 

On 12/27/2023 at 5:09 PM, TreeBeard said:

to?  (Please don’t say SMRs….  those are nowhere near to existing as an alternative;  they’re science fiction).  

SMR's are not science fiction. They are just scaled-down pressurized water reactors. Think nuclear-sub reactor.

They do take time to approve and build. Canada has a plan to acquire two and start construction in the next few years. One will be at Chalk River, the other in New Brunswick. 

New Gen-4 reactors use advanced cooling and are still in development, but we are not getting one of those for now.

You might be getting mixed up with the Tokomak fusion project, which at this stage is certainly science fiction.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 12:04 PM, Army Guy said:

Lets be very real here, the majority of Canadians don't really give a rats ass about climate change if they have to pay for it...If they were concern the streets would be full of protesters chirping about our present failure of a climate plan...which has not produced any real results in the last 8 years...we have not meet ANY of our signed to inter national climate change objectives, and we wonder why we as a nation have a shit inter national reputation....this government and it's leftist voters are all talk no action....

So lets stop the climate change bullsh*t talk, altogether, everyone already knows what is going to happen if we do nothing....But we are content in this nation to do just that, (well atleast it is better than the conservatives plan) is the lefts battle cry, (thats reassuring)......the left has failed to do anything of any value....and we are not sure what the right is going to do...But i am sure it will produce more results than the left has...

Pierre Poilevre has said that if he is elected the PM of Canada in the next election he will have nothing to do with the WEF. Now, whether he means it or not we have to take his word for it and vote conservative in the next election.

Screw this so called climate change crisis. It is just another globalist big pharma covid #2 nonsense that people like suckers like you will one again fall for. Liberals like you will never learn from anything. There is no climate crisis to worry all that much about. It's all in your brain dead head of yours. The MSM pushes climate crisis every day which should mean by now, if you have some brain cells in your heads, that it is all just globalist propaganda to try and take more freedom away from you.

The globalist elite cabal will never practice what they preach. The globalist Marxist of Canada will never fly anywhere except on a private jet. Even when he goes on a personal holiday, the lying arse hole will never go economy on any regular ordinary passenger airplane for his vacation like you and i have to do. The turd is an elite member of the globalist elite cabal club or cult. 

The globalist Marxist dictator of Canada already knows that this climate change crisis is all just bullshit. The problem is, why can't dummies like you see that also? When someone buys an EV, they are buying into the global warming bullshit. 

Some people's kids? Disgusting indeed. 😀 

19 minutes ago, taxme said:

Just for my information. Who is the guy in the picture? 

Steven Guibeault minister of environment and climate change.