Should Hamas support rallies in Canada be stopped?

1 hour ago, taxme said:

The Palestinian people have been attacked and bombed by Israel for decades now.

That is misleading info.  Israel has had to fight Hamas and Hezbollah and other terrorists since the beginning.  They are only defending their right to exist.

U.S. security sources say Iran has been behind the terrorist attacks.  They deny Israel's right to exist.

You don't seem to understand that Islamic countries like Pakistan,  Iran, Afghanistan and others deny Israel's right to exist and oppose the west.  You are defending the Islamic cause on here.  They would love you.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, taxme said:

This is what will happen when a country like Canada with it's multicultural programs and agendas and diversity starts bringing in all kinds of different people of color from all over the world and they bring with them their various religions and cultures and traditions and heritages then what else can we expect. 

Peaceful demonstrations we don't like but don't hurt us?

And?

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

F**k you too.

That's another thing you can stop advocating for -  i'm flattered but not interested.

CBC has pundits on their program right now who don't understand the situation.  One pundit says there are large numbers of young people in Gaza who will be ready to replace Hamas.  That being the case, why is he even saying there has to be a peaceful solution when he should know that is impossible.  They are not interested in peace with Israel.  Fighting and dying is just part of the religion of peace.  Has been for 1,400 years.

Edited by blackbird

58 minutes ago, taxme said:

But you must agree that Israel has been showing itself to be somewhat colonial over the Palestinian people for decades now, right? 

I think that both sides argue it the way they see it and both sides are wrong and right at the same time. The Gaza gov't has EXPRESSLY STATED that  it's madate includes the destruction of Isreal and it's people.  Sorry - but if that's your opening position then you definitely DO DESERVE to have someone keep a boot on your neck

And that's not 'colonial'.  Colonial is just a perjorative people who can't really think for themselves use these days to suggest that a group they like is repressed unfairly whether it's true or not.  Don't use it (unless you fit into that category of course :)  )

If you are openly calling for the destruction of a neighbour country and you're SURPRISED that they choose to play an active role in limiting your ability to do so, then you're too stupid to have your own country in the first place.

I do not think that I would say that eyeball should be seen as a sick puppy.

Well between you and his mother that's two.

You can have empathy for palestine or it's people, you can feel Isreal could have done things differently. And you can make a reasoned argument to that effect whether i might agree or not

But - when you claim that celebrating the death of innocent people is perfectly normal and is a good thing because of "colonialism", then you are a sick puppy and that's being generous.  There were innocent young women and plenty of people who weren't even isreali or jewish who were killed and captured.  That is NOT OK,

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

No, they have no historic claim to any part of Germany.  

I'd say they had plenty good reason enough right then following the end of WW2, notwithstanding the fact so many of the were born there in Jewish communities that had been there for centuries.

But never mind it was just a thought. They could have come to Canada but we were to busy welcoming Nazi refugees.

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

But they do have a historic claim to the land of Israel.  Big difference.  

So did all the people whose lands they stole. This latest intifada didn't happen in a vacuum, Palestinians do have legitimate grievances. 

Palestine and it's people are in a situation with many parallels to Canada's First Nations. You don't see the UN recognizing First Nations either for example. Israelis are colonizers, they even refer to themselves as settlers.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised in the least to see you holding up ancient biblical history as if it were as important as something that happened yesterday. It contrasts starkly with the way you dismiss the ancient history's of Canada's First Nations as if it never happened.

Of course knowing you, the prospect that this is just another sign of the impending End Times probably has you in a delirious tizzy. Your agenda is pretty obvious.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Palestine and it's people are in a situation with many parallels to Canada's First Nations. You don't see the UN recognizing First Nations either for example. Israelis are colonizers, they even refer to themselves as settlers.

Wow. There's so much wrong there it isnt' funny.

First - the first nations absolutely were recognized by the UN.

Second - Treaties were signed and agreements made. And first nations currently have every single legal right any other canadian does and THEN some.

Third - most of the current first nations problems are a direct result of the actions of the first nations. Nobody's holding them back, they have access to money, education, law etc etc.  Those that claim that the bad behavior is all whitey's fault are simply childish.

There are NO parallels. Other than the one that says both of those groups bring heartache on themselves.

The palestinians have again and again chosen violence INSTEAD of making a life for themselves - and nothing justifies this latest round of violence.

Only one thing you can do with a rabid dog.

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

There are NO parallels. Other than the one that says both of those groups bring heartache on themselves.

Yes it's quite common to see the victims of colonization being blamed for not getting with the program isn't it?

They had apartheid and reservations, too. Territories they called them in the case of Palestinians.

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Yes it's quite common to see the victims of colonization being blamed for not getting with the program isn't it?

I've heard it before.

Also that settlers with their plush lives are "fed up" hearing about it.  After all those wars are in the past...

The insanity of taking a hard line rather than a political one should be pointed out.  We are one ldiot politician away from resuming the guerilla wars that happened in the 17th century in this region.

17 hours ago, blackbird said:

They are demonstrating in support of a terrorist organization which has committed crimes against humanity this weekend. Hamas has been declared a terrorist organization by the Canadian government. They broke into homes and at point blank shot families to death including older people and children.  This is a no-brainer.

I am not picking sides but, what is a "terrorist organization"? Is Russia? How many leaders of African nations are terrorists?

They broke into homes?? Where did you get actual factual information about that? Or was hearsay and accusations?

Were Israelis not considered terrorists in the beginning? History is always written buy the victors.

8 hours ago, eyeball said:

I'd say they had plenty good reason enough right then following the end of WW2, notwithstanding the fact so many of the were born there in Jewish communities that had been there for centuries.

But never mind it was just a thought. They could have come to Canada but we were to busy welcoming Nazi refugees.

So did all the people whose lands they stole. This latest intifada didn't happen in a vacuum, Palestinians do have legitimate grievances. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised in the least to see you holding up ancient biblical history as if it were as important as something that happened yesterday. It contrasts starkly with the way you dismiss the ancient history's of Canada's First Nations as if it never happened.

Of course knowing you, the prospect that this is just another sign of the impending End Times probably has you in a delirious tizzy. Your agenda is pretty obvious.

You and Michael are obviously just another anti-Semite.  The Jews have endured fifteen centuries of anti-Semitism throughout the world.  Read the book "God's First Love" by Friedrich Heer, Christians and Jews over two thousand years. Jews have been mass murdered for the past fifteen centuries.  The only hope for them in this situation has been the re-establishment of the Jewish state, which occurred in 1948.  

The Palestinians are not the same as aboriginal first nations. 

First Palestinian is not race or ethnic group.  There is not country called Palestine.  Palestine is a region over the middle east.  It was the name given to the area by the Romans at the time of the Roman Empire to spite the Jews and Israel.  Palestinians are simply Arabs.  The middle east is full of Arabs in surrounding countries.  They are no different than all the rest of the Arabs throughout the middle east.  They are almost all Muslims.  Their religion is the driving force to eliminate Israel.

Many are Islamic extremists and terrorists.  Many have no interest in peace.  They believe the Jews are infidels and need to be destroyed.  You don't seem to have any idea what is going on in the world.  They also oppose the west, particularly the U.S.

Edited by blackbird

16 hours ago, blackbird said:

That is misleading info.  Israel has had to fight Hamas and Hezbollah and other terrorists since the beginning.  They are only defending their right to exist.

U.S. security sources say Iran has been behind the terrorist attacks.  They deny Israel's right to exist.

You don't seem to understand that Islamic countries like Pakistan,  Iran, Afghanistan and others deny Israel's right to exist and oppose the west.  You are defending the Islamic cause on here.  They would love you.

You did not read what he said, which was "The Palestinian people have been attacked and bombed by Israel for decades now. ", not specifically Hamas.

Are you saying that Palestinians do not have a right to exist?

Are you insinuating Islamic peoples do not have a right to exist?

I think you forget that Israel was given and not won in battle or in conflict..

Not defending muslims or Islam or jews, just looking at the situation without bias. I care the same about all three (or think as little about all three which is more likely)

Edited by ExFlyer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You did not read what he said, which was "The Palestinian people have been attacked and bombed by Israel for decades now. ", not specifically Hamas.

You are a very mixed up person.  You have no idea of what is going on in the world or history.

Israel has been forced to attack the terrorists who hide among their own people.  The Islamic terrorists use the Gaza and West Bank as a base for their terrorist attacks against Israel.  Where have you had your head.  Better get it out of the sand.

27 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Are you saying that Palestinians do not have a right to exist?

Nobody is saying Palestinians (Arabs in the area) don't have a right to exist.  But they chose Hamas, a terrorist organization to be their government or somehow Hamas took control of Gaza as government.  As terrorists they probably just seized control.  Who would dare to oppose them?  They are strictly a terrorist organization and that is the sole reason for their existence.  The only interest is in destroying Israel.

I don't see any way that peace can be had in that area with a terrorist group whose only interest is in destroying Israel.  Terrorism and war against Israel is the only reason for their existence.  They have no other purpose.

Edited by blackbird

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

Europe's Jews should have been given a big piece of Germany in which to have their own state and European homeland.

Was there nobody at the time who gave that possibility any consideration whatsoever?

Ya, give them a state in the middle of the country that tried to exterminate them. That would do wonders for their sense of security.

Cyprus would be good. Isolated in the middle of the Med, nowhere to expand and make new enemies. It would still p--s off the locals so that would be the same.

Edited by Aristides

19 hours ago, blackbird said:

You are another badly misled commenter.  The land has belonged to Israel for several thousand years.  They have a right to exist there.  They were driven off the land long ago by invaders.  It is not an occupation.  It is their land.  But Muslims are trying to take it from them and have been at war off and on there for centuries.  Tens of millions of Muslims already control the countries surrounding Israel, but they are not satisfied.  They are not friends of the west.  Israel is the only democratic nation in the area and is a friend of the west.

I agree with you but Muslims believe it's their land. The land was given to the Jews by the British. 

Which God is correct? 

Because Israel is backed by the west, and more powerful than any of the surrounding countries combined, they're seen as oppressors. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You are a very mixed up person.  You have no idea of what is going on in the world or history.

Israel has been forced to attack the terrorists who hide among their own people.  The Islamic terrorists use the Gaza and West Bank as a base for their terrorist attacks against Israel.  Where have you had your head.  Better get it out of the sand.

I am far from mixed up. I am very aware of what is going on in the world and history.

Here is a little history for you https://www.history.com/topics/middle-east/history-of-israel

You seem to believe the Palestinians are not allowed to have a homeland. Should the UN give them a homeland as it did for the Jews?

I read exactly what is written.

Edited by ExFlyer

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Nobody is saying Palestinians (Arabs in the area) don't have a right to exist.  But they chose Hamas, a terrorist organization to be their government or somehow Hamas took control of Gaza as government.  As terrorists they probably just seized control.  Who would dare to oppose them?  They are strictly a terrorist organization and that is the sole reason for their existence.  The only interest is in destroying Israel.

I don't see any way that peace can be had in that area with a terrorist group whose only interest is in destroying Israel.  Terrorism and war against Israel is the only reason for their existence.  They have no other purpose.

Gaza is not all of the Palestinians in the region.

There has not been peace in the region since before 700 BC

https://www.history.com/topics/middle-east/history-of-israel

I do not give a rats a$$ about either side in this everlasting dispute.

Edited by ExFlyer

18 hours ago, eyeball said:

Europe's Jews should have been given a big piece of Germany in which to have their own state and European homeland.

Was there nobody at the time who gave that possibility any consideration whatsoever?

Most of the Jews were in the Middle East, either living there or having fled there. That includes a half million Jews expelled from surrounding Arab countries.

The idea that the Jews took the land from the 'native' Arabs is just ignorant. There was no country there, not in that entire region until the western powers of the time created them.

People like this are the enemies of civilization. And we've let them into our country.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Ya, give them a state in the middle of the country that tried to exterminate them. That would do wonders for their sense of security.

I wonder what it did to their sense of belonging anywhere when we turned them away in favour of Nazi refugees? We're as complicit as anyone for the plight of Jews today.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Cyprus would be good. Isolated in the middle of the Med, nowhere to expand and make new enemies. It would still p--s off the locals so that would be the same.

Is that why we didn't let them settle here? We didn't want them to expand and turn us into enemies? 

9 hours ago, eyeball said:

It's about as common as it is for people who've benefitted tremendously from exposure to another culture whining and crying about how they're not getting ENOUGH 'extra' benefit. In fact - that's about the only time it comes up so it's pretty much 1 to 1.

T

hey had apartheid and reservations, too. Territories they called them in the case of Palestinians.

Our first nations never had apartheid. And in Canada reservations mean "everyone including first nations have a right to use all the rest of the land, but on TOP of that right this land is ALSO set aside for the first nations exclusive use. You don't have to live there, but we can't without your say so".

Boo hoo, sounds terrible.  When do i get access to land where many of the laws dont' apply to me and i can do what i like?

16 minutes ago, eyeball said:

F**K you too.

Boy you sure are desperate to have sex with SOMEONE these days. What's the matter, can't get a  real date in your mommie's basement?

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

Most of the Jews were in the Middle East, either living there or having fled there. That includes a half million Jews expelled from surrounding Arab countries.

The idea that the Jews took the land from the 'native' Arabs is just ignorant. There was no country there, not in that entire region until the western powers of the time created them.

People like this are the enemies of civilization. And we've let them into our country.

But you see - in his mind if the jews didn't take the land from the palestinians then canada didn't "take" the land from the first nations because they're the same thing, so ideologically you HAVE to be wrong.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

You seem to believe the Palestinians are not allowed to have a homeland. Should the UN give them a homeland as it did for the Jews?

You don't understand that Palestinians are Arabs and Arabs have all the countries surrounding Israel.  Israel is a very tiny country and needs that land to defend themselves.  Arabs are mostly Muslims and believe Israel has no right to exist.  Wake up and learn the facts. 

Since so-called Palestinians are Arabs, why shouldn't they move to an Arab country and why don't the Arab countries like Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, etc. who have almost all of the land offer to take them in.  Why do they support them in terrorism against Israel?

You really have no clue do you.

53 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

The idea that the Jews took the land from the 'native' Arabs is just ignorant.

Palestinians aim to prove right of return with ancestral land titles

By creating a database of Palestinian land ownership, the Kushan Baladi initiative confronts Israel's claims over historic Palestine

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israel-palestine-land-titles-kushan-baladi-right-return

There was no country there, not in that entire region until the western powers of the time created them.

Bully for the western powers of the time.

One day there'll need to be a grand reconciliation of the entire planet's grievances.  We can invite Dr Oppenheimer to chair the meeting.