Trudeau says intelligence shows India was behind slaying of Sikh leader in Surrey, B.C.

CdnFox

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sikh-nijjar-india-canada-trudeau-modi-1.6974607

We'll see if the CBC's  sources were correct.

I really don't see Trudeau doing what he did without some pretty strong evidence. I just can't see an upside for him if he doesn't. Whether bringing it up in Parliament was the right way to go is debatable. Maybe Modi's response when he confronted him personally at the G20 had a lot to do with it. We don't know what went on between them.

4 hours ago, betsy said:

Why?

Where's your evidence that Modi did.

Modi, the PM who was on an US terrorist watch list and banned from flying to the US?

The PM of the government who suddenly acts very suspiciously since Canada came forward publicly with the allegations?

7 hours ago, betsy said:

I don't think anyone is saying that!

Westcanman is absolutely saying that.

THIS IS THE POINT:   at the end of the day - if we're going to hurt ECONOMIC ties, let alone a friendly relation with a long-time ally - we need more than just an accusation!

THAT'S THE ISSUE!

Well that might be YOUR issue, and sure - that's entirely valid. No argument.

ESPECIALLY SO, when relations are shaky already in the first place.  Everyone knows MODI doesn't like Trudeau................. for meddling with the farmers' protest! 

well that and the whole 'inviting the guy who tried to kill you to dinner' thing back in the day probably didn't help.

Trudeau should've really walked on eggshells around this murder. 

There's a couple of ways he could have handled it -  this was probably the worst.

Utmost diplomacy is what any responsible leader would do, mindful of the economic repercussions at a time when CANADIANS are facing such financial crisis!

This is a guy who rather than meet with his own people and work things out declared the emergency act on them and seized the bank accounts of those who had the gall to agree with them. I think hoping for world class diplomatic skills might be a bit of a reach

I don't know what you and I are arguing about!

I dunno - i'm sure we can find something if you like.  I find your use of Ariel font offensive - discuss.

The assassination of the Sikh leader in Surrey is absolutely deplorable and should be investigated and those responsible brought to justice.

The fact also remains that Trudeau and Liberals/NDP have been and are turning a blind eye to Khalistan extremism in Canada for decades.  Liberals and NDP operate on the principle of supporting voting blocks regardless of what it means.  This is a huge weakness in the party system of government.

It is also the reason Trudeau supports huge numbers of third world immigration and is the reason he support LGBTQ and opposes parental rights.  It's all about supporting voting blocks.

19 hours ago, CdnFox said:

But you don't. You cited a wiki page that claimed that someone claimed that without providing a cite, and frankly it's just not credible.

And this has already been demonstrated. Bringing it up the first time is understandable, it's just dishonest at this point.  And you can' even address the other facts like how he was never charged, free to come and go from india for most of the time (they know he visited but did nothing), and in fact the org wasn't even considered a terrorist org till after he was dead.

Honestly - having watched you argue for rights on the vax issue i'm disappointed to see you throw those morals on the trash heap in 2 seconds when it suits you.  Obviously you realize that, you can't even face that fact.

Oh well.  There's not many who really stand by what they believe these days.  If it helps you get through your day and live with yourself to lie about this guy and celebrate the loss of sovereignty then you do you i guess.

And I cited a quote from the World Sikh Organization. 

Sorry but their opinion matters way more then yours does. 

"Leader of the KTF". 

MicDrop.thumb.png.970aa71a45613092a944b430b247e0c5.png

10 hours ago, betsy said:

Spin it as you wish.  

But, according to Global News, he was on Interpol List.  India's media calls it, "RED CORNER  NOTICE."

I looked it up, what it means.

https://www.interpol.int/How-we-work/Notices/Red-Noti

IS that a fact.  Well they knew where he was in Canada at all times - so if that was true WHY WASN"T HE ARRESTED AS REQUIRED BY INTERPOL ACCORDING TO YOU.

You're doing the spinning.  He wasn't the leader of any terror org as you claimed.  there wasn't an arrest warrant for him and we know this because he was in public all the tie and wasn't arrested - the RCMP even visited him to tell him to wear a vest, not to arrest him.

The only thing that seems to be confirmed in any way is that he once met with some of the leaders of that org. So he MAY have played a role, but you can't say he was a 'known terrorist leader' or the like, if you do you're being dishonest

We DO know that he was a major embarrassment to India politically,  so we don't need motive beyond that point to see why they might have wanted him  dead.

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

And I cited a quote from the World Sikh Organization. 

Sorry but their opinion matters way more then yours does.

Their opinon matters far less.  Sorry. They're motivated by political reasons and have zero ability to investigate. which means they don't know any more than the general public but have every reason to lie about it.

And we all know when you pull the meme's out you know you've lost :)

Again - if the evidence was so overwhelming why didn't the arrest him. Why wasn't the org declared a terrrorist org till after he was dead.     Why do none of the police or official documents PRIOR to inda being accused refer to him as a leader of that group?

Can't answer that?  yeah - thought not.

Boom yourself.

7 hours ago, Aristides said:

US ambassador confirms some of the intelligence on Indian government involvement came from 5 Eyes partners.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/shared-intelligence-from-five-eyes-informed-trudeau-s-india-allegation-u-s-ambassador-1.6574265

My fd, you already posted a few sources already. They all reported a similar "stuff." I believe no one cares (at least me) who gave some info to whom. It is because I think no one gave a smoking gun to Canada yet. So, we all want to know how JT or his minions came up with the conclusion that India was behind the slaying of the Sikh leader in Surrey,

At this stage many Canadians are denying Indian involvement more indignantly than the Indian government itself is managing which says something. The signals from New Delhi are ambiguous, along the lines of ‘prove we did it and if you do we don’t care’ that we’ve often heard from other countries over the years. As regards evidence, I hope everybody knows we are not going to get a signed and notarized confession from the assassins any time soon. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

6 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Their opinon matters far less.  Sorry. They're motivated by political reasons and have zero ability to investigate. which means they don't know any more than the general public but have every reason to lie about it.

And we all know when you pull the meme's out you know you've lost :)

Again - if the evidence was so overwhelming why didn't the arrest him. Why wasn't the org declared a terrrorist org till after he was dead.     Why do none of the police or official documents PRIOR to inda being accused refer to him as a leader of that group?

Can't answer that?  yeah - thought not.

Boom yourself.

You're bleeding credibility like a mofo here bro.

The guy is either "THE" leader of the KTF or "A" leader of the KTF and it's not worth dithering over.

In any event, IT'S NOT A LIE TO CALL NIJJAR THE LEADER OF THE KTF. Get over it. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

You're bleeding credibility like a mofo here bro.

Oh bullshit. IF anyone's losing credibility it's the guy who's willing to toss our rights like they were nothing if he thinks he doesn't like the person who's rights were violated. To be honest it's disappointing to see.

As to the whole leadership thing  - you have zero credibility. You haven't posted a single source that's credible.

Here's a fun couple of reads:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-man-accused-terrorist-training-camp-1.3612078

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66860510

India wants to discredit the man and makes accusations they can't provide any proof for.  Canada and the mounties investigate allegations and find NO credible evidence, no arrests, no charges and in fact they take the time to warn him when they learn india is looking to have him killed.

Ujal dosanj, whom i've met many times and know to be an honest man,  calls him a 'small fry' and doesn't think he's involved in terrorism and he's the kind of guy who'd have nothing to do with someone who was.  He speaks out AGAINST vilolence.  India makes insane claims like the guy is smuggling weapons and ammo in a paraglider. 

The guy obviously picked political fights with lots of people and was an abrasive pr*ck but it's pretty clear he was not into violence, spoke out against it frequently, and that india just wanted him discredited.

India is playing you for a fool and making you their b*tch. You're dancing to the tune they're playing like a puppet.  Don't fall for it.  If india killed this guy it had nothing to do with terrorism, it had everything to do with him shaming them and causing trouble back home.

Take your blinders off and don't sell out your own country to foreign powers like that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taxesanddeath said:

My fd, you already posted a few sources already. They all reported a similar "stuff." I believe no one cares (at least me) who gave some info to whom. It is because I think no one gave a smoking gun to Canada yet. So, we all want to know how JT or his minions came up with the conclusion that India was behind the slaying of the Sikh leader in Surrey,

This wasn't "stuff" it was confirmation from the US ambassador that some of the intelligence that led to Trudeau's statement came from 5 Eyes partners. not JT's ass.

5 hours ago, taxesanddeath said:

I’m not sure how concrete you expect the evidence to be if we didn’t apprehend the assassins themselves. The Indian govt isn’t really making the noises of a horribly defamed party at this stage. Why not give Canada, our country, the benefit of the doubt and forget JT is at the helm for a second? 

There’s our own failure to curb violent Sikh extremism over the years (which, thankfully, is much less serious in India than it was) and then there’s a bigger issue - an emerging superpower lurching towards an institutionalized form of hysterical Hindu bigotry. The second threatens any South Asian critic of Modi in our country: Christian, Muslim, Dalit, secular Hindu, you name it. Like our chubby friend in China, this boy sees dissent anywhere as something he must stamp out. Let’s at least be clear about that.

• Thanks 1

While you certainly don’t have to agree with him, Ujjal Dosanjh should always be listened to on issues relating to the Indian subcontinent. He paid a serious personal price, almost his life, for criticizing Sikh extremism in Canada and has just written a novel that features India’s original sin, casteism, in England.

https://thewire.in/books/the-obstinacy-of-caste-followed-sikh-immigrants-to-britain-too

• Thanks 1

Well here's some fun:

https://www.samaa.tv/208731302-indian-politician-threatens-to-nuke-canada-on-live-show

Indian politician threatens to nuke Canada on live show

With current developments, it is certain to say that things are heating up between the two nations.

As a fallout of it, a politician threatened to nuke Canada during a live talk show on Indian national TV channel.

The video posted on X has since made rounds on different social media platforms.

"This issue must reach its logical end after escalation .. it should not be left in the middle .. Mr Trudeau What are you? .. Today 10 of our submarines will go from Hindustan and nuke you Canada .. What is your place?" the Indian politician said in the video.

But - it's ok right because we don't mind India killing canadians as long as they're people we don't like, and they're bound to get at least ONE person that might be a terrorist probably.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Aristides said:

The evidence isn’t mine and apparently some of it came from one of our 5 Eyes partners. I just think comparing freezing a bank account in Canada  to assassination on foreign soil. is ridiculous.

@QuebecOverCanada

Who is this other 5-eyes?

Unless the particular 5 eyes partners who gave the intel come forward to corroborate that claim. 

As far as I know, no one has.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

@QuebecOverCanada

Who is this other 5-eyes?

Unless the particular 5 eyes partners who gave the intel come forward to corroborate that claim. 

As far as I know, no one has.

Good god, this is intelligence sharing, don’t you think it would be confidential? Do you blab what is told to you in confidence to the whole world? 

Releasing the source would at the very least, require the permission of that source. Who knows what assets of theirs could be compromised by making it public. 

You don’t take the word of the US ambassador just because you don’t feel like it?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Aristides said:

Good god, this is intelligence sharing, don’t you think it would be confidential? Do you blab what is told to you in confidence to the whole world? 

Releasing the source would at the very least, require the permission of that source. Who knows what assets of theirs could be compromised by making it public. 

You don’t take the word of the US ambassador just because you don’t feel like it?

This reminds me very much of the whole "weapons of mass destruction' claims that bush made.  "Saddam has nukes - but we can't give you the proof you just have to trust us".

But he didn't. It turned out to be a lie.

If you can't provide evidence, then you shouldn't be making the accusation.

19 hours ago, Aristides said:

This wasn't "stuff" it was confirmation from the US ambassador that some of the intelligence that led to Trudeau's statement came from 5 Eyes partners. not JT's ass.

You missed my pt. intelligence, stuff or not. We have no idea what makes JT or his minions came up with the conclusion

17 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I’m not sure how concrete you expect the evidence to be if we didn’t apprehend the assassins themselves. The Indian govt isn’t really making the noises of a horribly defamed party at this stage. Why not give Canada, our country, the benefit of the doubt and forget JT is at the helm for a second? 

I trust Canada, but not JT. C'mon, did he blow his own "trumpet" after he said he confronted Xi Jinping at the Gxx summit when Global Mail reported the news of the election's influence but later said there was no China influence in elections?

By the way, assassins is one thing, saying another country behind it is another thing.