Jump to content

Defying reason


myata

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, myata said:

This is actually a good question. The founding fathers thought that two party will keep each other sane, from going over the edge of sanity. But the reality turned out more complicated: under the strain of extreme partisanship, they can go there together, each its own way. Wokeism without any bounds of reason all love lgb++ whatever just because we said so is just as bad, irrational and overboard as trumpism. They do not at all prevent the leap, but on the contrary, feed and encourage each other.

They didn't, really. There's nothing that prescribes a two-party system--we could have more. They squabbled over a few things and fell into it factional opposition. With extraordinary foresight Washington saw what was happening and warned against political parties in his farewell address. Obviously, we didn't listen.  -- But to your earlier point, the parties have changed, formed and dissolved over time. Perhaps a unified Republican party has run its course. 

I continue to believe that proportional representation would do us a world of good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, myata said:

Look who's getting prepped up to get cozy with the Lying Clown, just in case. No principles; no integrity; no facts; everything is relative. Just let us get to the trough and it'll be good for you. We promised.

I hope you put your bib on before you said that - you seem to be foaming :)

Trump is a bazillion miles ahead in the nomination, and he's polling neck and neck with biden and actually getting a slight lead.  The statement i made is factual, not partisan. There is a very good chance he'll be the next president of the us.  Again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, myata said:

Switch to proportional system. Have a normal parliament where parties represent interests and challenges in the society. With 30 some real parties, there's no ground for extreme partisanship as new alliances formed regularly. The president will be an arbiter, not a polarizing figure.

What good would any of that do?

You'll still be sitting on your ass in your mommies basement unable to complete a coherent sentence and complaining about how our parties dont' reflect your personal preferences

"We have 30 parties now and i don't like any !!  What?  We need 40!!! Make it 100!!!  Because we can!!!!!  DERP!!!"

If you can't drive a car buying one that's a different colour won't help.  And if you CAN drive it doesnt' matter what the car looks like, you'll get where you're going.

What a drooling !diot

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

What good would any of that do?

One can choose what they like and stand for. Not that they are force fed, minimal and meaningless parody of chioce. Nooooo, how can it be anathema! Two-year old (mentally) will never get.

Edited by myata
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2023 at 4:26 AM, West said:

 

Tell me whos denying reason and basic intelligence

F4Vw_qAbMAItK9R.jpeg.jpg

Trump’s criminal behavior never helped him. 
He didn’t benefit from trying to overturn the election.  He didn’t benefit from whining about rigged elections. He didn’t benefit from taking classified documents. 
 

The man is a criminal, and a stupid one. He’s spent his life with so much money that he thinks laws are for other people and not him. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  What would you change about L&G rights ?  Seems like there's no more to be done there ?
2. Also climate change and the ozone layer.

1. Gay marriage would be gone; Pride month would be gone too. Anything that puts their weird behaviors in front of kids would be gone. They would be back in their clubs where they belong.  

2. Link it, please. Show me clips, articles, anything that shows conservatives crying about climate change/disaster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Deluge said:

1. Gay marriage would be gone; Pride month would be gone too. Anything that puts their weird behaviors in front of kids would be gone. They would be back in their clubs where they belong.  

2. Link it, please. Show me clips, articles, anything that shows conservatives crying about climate change/disaster.

1. Ok, problems with the jurisdiction but ok.

2. Start at 3:50.  The man Elizabeth May called the greenest PM speaks.

https://youtu.be/q_QpFQ1LGMs?si=5fjb9Dmct8bvdVJF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok, problems with the jurisdiction but ok.

2. Start at 3:50.  The man Elizabeth May called the greenest PM speaks.

https://youtu.be/q_QpFQ1LGMs?si=5fjb9Dmct8bvdVJF

1. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. That's what has happened with LGBTQ. It's out of the mainstream and back to their clubs - that is the only acceptable solution. 

2. Mulroney is not the voice of the majority, and I'm stunned that ANY conservative would parrot that claptrap - it makes them more of a Conservative In Name Only, or CINO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Deluge said:

1. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. That's what has happened with LGBTQ. It's out of the mainstream and back to their clubs - that is the only acceptable solution. 

2. Mulroney is not the voice of the majority, and I'm stunned that ANY conservative would parrot that claptrap - it makes them more of a Conservative In Name Only, or CINO. 

1. I'm conservative so I support freedom, not government shutting people down and preventing marriage because they don't like them.  The child molestation stuff is always trumped up.

2. Nevertheless I provided you with the link.  Thatcher and Nixon also cared about climate change and the environment respectively.

Enjoy your day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

What are they taking from you?

For example, suppressing meaningful discussion what is reasonable or not, accommodation; expelling students for rising legitimate questions; introducing some dangerous policies that can be seen as encouragement of irreversible treatments or those with high possibility of harm for underage children without consent of parents; turning of legitimate public discourse into an ideological war; individual attacks.

Generally I don't believe there's such thing as a good authoritarian government for any considerable, in historic terms, duration. Every government, whatever it says about its intents and values, without constant checks and control by the citizens always goes rotten. Not if but when. Only a matter of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

One can do that now .

Only in the two-year toy "politics" world.

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

The problem isn't that you can't stand for anything

Wrong, obviously. Nobody is obliged to play into a stupid game where you can only lose. You don't get to decide what one can and have to stand for; it's just not yours just can't get that you don't own the democracy; don't get to speak on its behalf; citizens do and they only. Democracy is so much more than a mindless ritual dance. Obviously. Only forgot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Capitalism failed. Lol...

Capitalism FAILS everytime someone who wants to work cannot get a job.

4 hours ago, Rebound said:

Trump’s criminal behavior never helped him. 
He didn’t benefit from trying to overturn the election.  He didn’t benefit from whining about rigged elections. He didn’t benefit from taking classified documents. 
 

The man is a criminal, and a stupid one. He’s spent his life with so much money that he thinks laws are for other people and not him. 

He didn't benefit politically, but he did raise a LOT OF MONEY (to pay his legal bills). ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, myata said:

For example, suppressing meaningful discussion what is reasonable or not, accommodation; expelling students for rising legitimate questions; introducing some dangerous policies that can be seen as encouragement of irreversible treatments or those with high possibility of harm for underage children without consent of parents; turning of legitimate public discourse into an ideological war; individual attacks.

Generally I don't believe there's such thing as a good authoritarian government for any considerable, in historic terms, duration. Every government, whatever it says about its intents and values, without constant checks and control by the citizens always goes rotten. Not if but when. Only a matter of time.

Gay people are doing all that? I don't think so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. I'm conservative so I support freedom, not government shutting people down and preventing marriage because they don't like them.  The child molestation stuff is always trumped up.

2. Nevertheless I provided you with the link.  Thatcher and Nixon also cared about climate change and the environment respectively.

Enjoy your day.

1. You're liberal because you can't stand the idea of marriage being JUST between man and woman. See, you hate traditional values. You hate traditional values because you're a liberal "progressive" who pretends to be a conservative - your intent is to deceive. In your mind, anything that doesn't feed into woke progressive values should be stamped out, and you feel that the only way to win people over to the Left is to pretend to be Right.  

2. That link is to someone on the fringe. No conservative in his right mind is going to lock hands with leftists in solidarity over climate change and the homosexual agenda. 

You too. 

Edited by Deluge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

What are they taking from you?

Time, space & tradition. Time & space in classrooms; time and space in libraries; time and space on the calendar (the entire month of June); tradition in marriage. 

The best and ONLY place for LGBTQ is within their own tiny communities, AWAY from the mainstream public. 

Edited by Deluge
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, robosmith said:

What's lunacy is a system that DEPENDS on people being jobless for the benefit of those who are extremely well off.

My my you do have a defeatist attitude. I made capitalism work for me. Guess I'm not just more clever than you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, myata said:

Only in the two-year toy "politics" world.

Wrong, obviously. Nobody is obliged to play into a stupid game where you can only lose. You don't get to decide what one can and have to stand for; it's just not yours just can't get that you don't own the democracy; don't get to speak on its behalf; citizens do and they only. Democracy is so much more than a mindless ritual dance. Obviously. Only forgot.

As expected.  THe words of a loser explaining why he's losing.

Go have your nap kid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

My my you do have a defeatist attitude. I made capitalism work for me. Guess I'm not just more clever than you.

Lets get real.  Capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty than any system ever anywhere.  And while robo-dolt doesn't recognize it, unlike communist or fealty systems  it is not possible for someone in capitalism to get very rich without making a bunch of other people around them wealthier to the point where the whole society's standard of living improves.

Yes - bill gates became insanely wealthy.  But he made THOUSANDS of 'microsoft millionaires" doing it and they made jobs for tens of thousands more directly employed at microsoft and then hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs indirectly.

And that's what happens.

Capitalism is the most successful economic model out there bar none - the others don't even come close.  Which is why socialists today want to incorporate it into their model - they want to have a "Free market" but they want it to be completely controlled by the state, so the state gets the benefit of a free market economy but the "benefits" of socialism which bleed the profits and direction off for it's own needs.

China is like that, some european countries are like that, etc etc.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,692
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Gator
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Gator went up a rank
      Contributor
    • Gator went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Fracnsis Moore earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Gator went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • admined earned a badge
      One Month Later
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...