Pierre Poilievre, “man of the people “ LOL

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Sure this was my fault.?

Right, because that's what people said :)

But it IS your fault for still voting for him after that. He did the crime, it was well known, it wasn't "maybe' or  " i think he did" but you still voted for him.

So MOAR transparency isn't going to help, is it.  You'll just make excuses and vote for him anyway.  All more transparency would to would be to make the rest of us with a brain even MORE frustrated that we have to live in a country with people who complain about transparency  and then let the bad guy off the hook!

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

But it IS your fault for still voting for him 

You have no more evidence of me voting for Trudeau than you have of Trudeau committing a crime. So in the absense of knowing you make shit up.

Your case rests on everyone trusting that you're not a lying sack 'o' shit.

Like Trudeau you have to prove it.

On 7/21/2023 at 12:15 PM, eyeball said:

Okay so PP can draw attention to things that are broken and to himself.

He needs to draw attention to his fixes and solutions.  All he's really said is that everything is broken because everything is woke. A do-over doesn't add much to that.

He has been talking a lot about solutions , you and many others just have not been listening...

On 7/21/2023 at 1:34 PM, BeaverFever said:

Don’t those low income deadbeats know that when PP slashes their public programs and benefits, and helps employers make them work harder,  longer and more dangerously for less money, they will  build character and learn valuable life lessons? Stupid Lebensunwertes Leben. 

This is nothing more than fear mongering...What public programs, benefits has he publicly said he is going to cancel? Perhaps ALL Canadians should realize that this nation has more than a trillion dollars in debt... and there will come a time when we all need to look at all the social programs we have and question which ones do we really need...

And while your being honest lets talk about what the Liberals have done for the average Canadian, tell us how Canadians have more money in their pockets under his leadership... Liberals have been responsible for poor fiscal policies, that have lead to higher prices across the entire board of products and services...

If we as a nation can let Justin play out his life long dreams... , we can afford to give someone else a chance at the reigns surely could not do any worse.. $hit my sons pet hamster might have been able to do a better job, with half the amount of scandals or huge costs out of each Canadians pocket book.

You may have extra money to burn so Justin can continue to play PM, but i am near my limits and it is time for a change...perhaps you need to take a look at why your support a man that is by far Canada's worst PM in history, we should ALL be looking for the next guy, or girl...anyone, from any party...

Everyone knows including Liberals that Justin is not the man for the job, you cant run a country on hair and socks...

Edited by Army Guy

12 hours ago, August1991 said:

What about Justin Trudeau....

He certainly has more work experience outside of being a politician than PP does.  So, if being a “drama teacher” is a bad thing, Conservatives must hate that PP has zero work experience.  

Except, they only have a problem when it’s Trudeau…

46 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

He certainly has more work experience outside of being a politician than PP does.

Wouldn't business experience be more valuable?

Understanding a business needs, essentially puts you in a position where you must understand your employees, in order to be successful. 

Also, he didn't grow up rich. So this would make him more in touch with his constituents, than a Trudeau who was born into wealth and into politics.

It's lazy. One should debate on competence levels.

Trudeau's track record shows he is highly incompetent. 

PP and his wife, are self made. 

Understanding what it takes to pull oneself up, socially is far more valuable an asset.

Trudeau relied on his looks. 

Poilievre has had to rely on his results.

As a manager, in PP I see someone far more articulate and grounded. Something Trudeau is trying to deflect.

He answers directly to questions, and I haven't seen him duck and dodge. Refreshing, considering his job will eventually being answering to his national constituents.

While Trudeau is charming and opportunistic like PP, he has shown himself at being incredibly out of touch, and afraid of speaking unless it was seemingly pre written for him.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

You have no more evidence of me voting for Trudeau than you have of Trudeau committing a crime. So in the absense of knowing you make shit up.

He's already admitted to the crime, so i guess that means you voted for him :)   Thanks for confirming!

So basically as i said - you don't really believe in accountability.  ANd more of it wouldn't do any good.

You'll find excuses to support trudeau no matter what he does.

The problem with our democracy isn't the system - it's the people

23 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

So basically as i said - you don't really believe in accountability.  ANd more of it wouldn't do any good.

This is what lickspittle partisans always say. They whine the live long day about corruption and when presented with measures to address it they back away and say it can't be done.

The honest lickspittles at least try to admit that some corruption is necessary and that our country would be impossible to govern without it. But not the hard boiled partisans. They admit nothing and ALWAYS blame, accuse and above all else project their bullshit on everyone else.

43 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

listen harder, there is a thing called goggle, you should try it.

He's going to revisit the Magna Carta?

Fishermen tried this decades ago when Ottawa dismantled and privatized our fisheries according to the prescriptions of the IMF and World Bank.

As I recall you basically laughed your ass off.

So how is PP going to make this into a policy or campaign promise?

.....The Magna Carta...Bwahahaha!

Edited by eyeball

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

He's going to revisit the Magna Carta?

DIdn't he tell you to learn to listen?  LOL - he did not say in the slightest that he's going to do anything at all with the magna carta. What he said is that there is a duty which extends all the way back to the magna carta for people to pass on and secure the future generations rights and liberties and to NOT allow a king or ruler to run off with them.

And that's true. And justin without a doubt is trying to reduce people's rights and concentrate that power in the state. And we do have a duty to protect against that and pass on our freedoms to future kids.

Sorry if people having rights and freedoms is inconvenient or something :)

Imagine if PP said he was going rebuild Canada into the 1st post natural state? I cant believe that recieved so little attention. One of the few promises he's trying to keep.

8 minutes ago, PIK said:

Imagine if PP said he was going rebuild Canada into the 1st post natural state? I cant believe that recieved so little attention. One of the few promises he's trying to keep.

All he needs to do to make a post-national state, is wreck the country.

40 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It may be small but it looks pretty decent. Certainly not a shack. That "shack" would go for $2 million in Vancouver.

The point, is you should not be shelling out 500k in the market she is in. You should not be shelling out 2, 400 to rent a one bedroom, in Toronto.

These aren't rates that gradually increased. You're talking about price jumps, that put so many out of the capacity to afford shelter.

Why is nobody wanting to talk about this? This proves his point.

Most Canadians aren't worried about LGBTQ+ issues. Dental care. They're worried about food on table, and roof over table. They're worried about how prices of groceries have shot up, and their salaries remained relatively stable.

If Trudeau ignores the "people", he is giving them a voice through PP, regardless of his genuine intent.

Hillary Clinton dismissed the threat that was Donald Trump.

PP is far more "presidential" and "professional" than he is, making him a better threat.

22 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

The point, is you should not be shelling out 500k in the market she is in. You should not be shelling out 2, 400 to rent a one bedroom, in Toronto.

These aren't rates that gradually increased. You're talking about price jumps, that put so many out of the capacity to afford shelter.

Why is nobody wanting to talk about this? This proves his point.

Most Canadians aren't worried about LGBTQ+ issues. Dental care. They're worried about food on table, and roof over table. They're worried about how prices of groceries have shot up, and their salaries remained relatively stable.

If Trudeau ignores the "people", he is giving them a voice through PP, regardless of his genuine intent.

Hillary Clinton dismissed the threat that was Donald Trump.

PP is far more "presidential" and "professional" than he is, making him a better threat.

Prices and rents are insane. No one needs PP to tell them that, they already know. What's he going to do about it?

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

DIdn't he tell you to learn to listen?  LOL - he did not say in the slightest that he's going to do anything at all with the magna carta. What he said is that there is a duty which extends all the way back to the magna carta for people to pass on and secure the future generations rights and liberties and to NOT allow a king or ruler to run off with them.

Isn't that what Stephan Harper's Accountability Act was supposed to do? How on Earth did such a dilletantish drama teacher with a banana in his pocket get around it?

Where was PP when this so called Act was cooked up?

Like I said, how does PP turn this ancient duty he's yacking about into a policy that actually does what it's says?

The Magna Carta? ? 

He's another goddamn dilletant FFS!

Edited by eyeball

13 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

He's given detailed plans on what he plans to do about it.

You could disagree with his solutions, that's fair--but to say he didn't put forth a plan, is ridiculous.

Yes, politicizing the Bank of Canada. To what, artificial low interest rates, that's a big reason we are in this mess.  Somehow force cities to provide housing by withholding infrastructure spending. Doesn't sound like much of a plan to me.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It may be small but it looks pretty decent. Certainly not a shack. That "shack" would go for $2 million in Vancouver.

If you asked for 2 million dollars worth of real estate in Vancouver they'd ask if you'd like it wrapped to take with you.

• Haha 1