Pierre Poilievre, “man of the people “ LOL

As a recap PP has never had a real job in his life, he’s been in politics his entire adult life.  I’m surprised he didn’t drag this girl out of her “shack” by her hair and say “look at this disgusting poor person don’t you just wanna punch her in the face?”

Niagara woman embarrassed: Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre calls her home a 'shack'

“It costs $550,000 Canadian for a tiny little shack,” Poilievre said at the news conference.

A Niagara woman was left feeling embarrassed after the leader of the Conservative party put her rental home under the spotlight, referring to it as a “shack.”

Pierre Poilievre was in Niagara Falls this week and held a press conference in which he commented on Canada’s housing market. In an effort to illustrate his point on how much housing prices have climbed under the Liberal government, he shared the address of a one-and-a-half storey house that’s been on the market for some time.

“It costs $550,000 Canadian for a tiny little shack,” Poilievre said at the news conference.

He even gave out the address for the home and urged people to look into it……

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/niagara-woman-embarrassed-conservative-leader-pierre-poilievre-calls-her-home-a-shack-185359951.html

Maybe shack was inappropriate. But she is shocked that house is still on the market, listing it at 500 000$?

Really?

He should have pointed out the square footage and acreage, and stayed away from insulting the home owner needlessly. 

But he is right on the basis that housing has become so expensive, that a house of that ridiculous size could go for half a million on the market.

She can be insulted all she wants. Nobody is jumping at the purchase opportunity which speaks volumes.

Leave it to opportunists to twist his words at this making him out of touch.

Actually, it makes him in touch. Housing prices must go down.

"I so hope this blows up in Poileivre's face to show how wildly out of touch he is with "common" people. A lot of people would love to live in a "shack" like this."

For 500 000$? Really?

He also called the person to personally apologize. His calling her house a shack, was incredibly inappropriate.

Him bringing attention to the housing crisis, is not. 

Spin it all you like.

He has shown in 24 hours, he is human, makes mistakes. Owns them, and is prepared to make his bed and lay in it.

Trudeau, runs, insults, gaslights and side steps.

Sorry, but this is a non story.

If this is all you have to make the guy look bad, you will make him a legend o_O

• Like 3

Okay so PP can draw attention to things that are broken and to himself.

He needs to draw attention to his fixes and solutions.  All he's really said is that everything is broken because everything is woke. A do-over doesn't add much to that.

• Like 3

The point is this Ottawa elite career politician who has never had to work a real job in his life used this poor woman as a political prop without her consent and he did so in a degrading and humiliating manner making her feel ashamed of her modest standard of living. He might as well have said “Look at this pathetic poor person and her disgusting shack!  And here’s her address!”

Some “man of the people” 

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

in a degrading and humiliating manner

Give me a break. She is selling that house for 500k. Nobody has bought it, and it's been on the market forever. 

Does she deserve humiliation?

Absolutely not, but she should get a clue. The house is not selling because nobody with the right mind, would consider shelling that kind of money for a house that small.

That's not her problem, which is why she should not have been dragged into this. Its a market issue. He should have focused on that, and avoiding the name dropping which would distract from the problem at hand.

36 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

“Look at this pathetic poor person and her disgusting shack!  And here’s her address!”

If you can be pathetic and poor and make 500k for selling a house, I think most Canadians would sign up, tomorrow. 

Also, the house is sized like a shack. Technically its the truth. He just should have kept that to himself.

49 minutes ago, eyeball said:

He needs to draw attention to his fixes and solutions.

This is the only thing keeping more people from wanting to vote for him.

I certainly will, no doubt about it as he is better than Trudeau simply based on his competence level. 

9 hours ago, RedDog said:

French name equals not likely. Canada needs to get away from this shit but can’t.

save Alberta 

We need leaders that aren't WEF stooges.  Hold fast, it's going to take more time but Canadians will start to realize that they've been had.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

He also called the person to personally apologize.

I bet after that call he sat around all day steaming over the fact he had to debase himself by apologizing to a Poor. Stupid voters.

Don’t those low income deadbeats know that when PP slashes their public programs and benefits, and helps employers make them work harder,  longer and more dangerously for less money, they will  build character and learn valuable life lessons? Stupid Lebensunwertes Leben. 

2 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

I bet after that call he sat around all day steaming over the fact he had to debase himself by apologizing to a Poor. Stupid voters.

Link?

5 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

they will  build character and learn valuable life lessons?

Or the ability to put food on their own table vs expect government hand outs.

13 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

As a recap PP has never had a real job in his life, he’s been in politics his entire adult life.  

That actually is  real job :)    

Part time drama teacher isn't a real job, but aide to a parliamentarian or being an MP actually is :)

It's like saying "Don't go to THAT doctor - he's been a doctor for his WHOLE CAREER so he's no good".

Niagara woman embarrassed: Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre calls her home a 'shack'

It is a shack. 

Sometimes lefties reaction to the truth is the same as vampire's reactions to a crucifix.

Edited by CdnFox

Not a bad little place. I grew up in worse. But your perspective does change when you live in different kinds of places. When I was twenty or thirty I would have thought this place was great. Now, given where I live, and my previous house, it's kind of small and old and needs some TLC. But it ain't no shack. But I suppose if you compare it to an eight-bedroom mini-mansion (Stornaway), it does look pretty cheap. Of course, that would be a pretty foolish point of comparison...

https://revelrealty.ca/listing/3047-saint-patrick-avenue-niagara-falls-ontario-l2j-2m7-25843894/

Edited by I am Groot

5 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Give me a break. She is selling that house for 500k. Nobody has bought it, and it's been on the market forever. 

Does she deserve humiliation?

Absolutely not, but she should get a clue. The house is not selling because nobody with the right mind, would consider shelling that kind of money for a house that small.

It is very unlikely she was the one who came up with the price. The realtor probably did. And this house would easily sell for twice that in Toronto.

8 hours ago, Perspektiv said:
"I so hope this blows up in Poileivre's face to show how wildly out of touch he is with "common" people. A lot of people would love to live in a "shack" like this."

What's the deal there?

Is it actually a CBC employee who's openly political or is that a joke account? 

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

It is very unlikely she was the one who came up with the price.

Thats the whole point. The fact a house that size can fetch 500 000$ is absolutely ridiculous. The fact the average rent in Toronto for a 1 bedroom flat is over 2, 400$, is ridiculous.

Creeping towards 2, 000$ in many other large cities or already well over the threshold. This is ridiculous. Not an ill timed statement by PP.

1 hour ago, I am Groot said:

And this house would easily sell for twice that in Toronto

Beyond laughable. That should be the focus. The more they show the house  the more they show he is correct in pointing it out.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

That actually is  real job

Politicians insinuating a job in the government isn't a job while working in the government is literally how you get your opposition voted in.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

It's like saying "Don't go to THAT doctor - he's been a doctor for his WHOLE CAREER so he's no good".

Yeah, I don't understand how telling someone they have done something their entire lives somehow makes them bad at it.

Now, if they pointed to incompetence, like PPs joke about Trudeau getting his office renovated, and having the doorknob put inside the office, now thats clever.

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Politicians insinuating a job in the government isn't a job while working in the government is literally how you get your opposition voted in.

LOL - right?   "ALL HE'S DONE IS WHAT I"M DOING RIGHT NOW AND GOD KNOWS THIS ISN"T WORK!!!!!"

Yeah, I don't understand how telling someone they have done something their entire lives somehow makes them bad at it.

It's a rather pathetic attempt to try to 'turn the tables' on what conservatives said about trudeau back in the day. He'd been a part time drama teacher and had a speaking career riding on the coattails of his father.  He'd never been in politics, he'd never been a lawyer, he'd never held a normal job. ANd they pointed out that being prime minister isn't an entry level position.

And they were right. He's been the very worst prime minister we have ever had by a mile demonstrably. Everything is worse under him.

But the idea that experience in the very job you're applying for doesn't count is just stupid. I don't think liberals understand how jobs work.

10 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

This is the only thing keeping more people from wanting to vote for him.

I certainly will, no doubt about it as he is better than Trudeau simply based on his competence level. 

Personalities have never meant much to me, I go more with where the pendulum and the tone of the times are and where I prefer the government to be in relation to that. I look at a politician's base of support to get a sense of what to expect but in any case I vote for the result that is likeliest to yield a minority.

I wouldn't trust anyone with the full power the job comes with. There's simply no process by which anyone can audit, validate and verify things in a way that ensures real transparency and accountability.

35 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I wouldn't trust anyone with the full power the job comes with.

This, we're in full agreement on.

I don't think too much conservative or liberal will be good for Canada. You need balance, and through it, you can advance a progressive agenda, all while avoiding having it go extreme.

58 minutes ago, eyeball said:

There's simply no process by which anyone can audit, validate and verify things in a way that ensures real transparency and accountability.

What good would it do?

Lets put this in perspective.  In less than 6 months after being elected trudeau committed an actual crime by accepting bribes from a lobbyist who was asking his gov't for things  Literally the worst case scenario you talk about.  And the public knew about it, and voted him back in anyway.  And he keeps having scandal, and people will still vote for him.

So... what the hell good would MORE accountability do? He already blatantly breaks the laws, sells influence, is corrupt as the day is long in full public view and the public doesn't hold him accountable.  What the hell would MOAR accountability achieve?

We don't need any more accountability from the gov't.  All we need is a public that will hold the gov't accountable.

54 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Lets put this in perspective.  In less than 6 months after being elected trudeau committed an actual crime by accepting bribes from a lobbyist who was asking his gov't for things

Prove it though. Unambiguously. Charge someone with that proof in hand.

54 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

We don't need any more accountability from the gov't.  All we need is a public that will hold the gov't accountable.

With what? The CBC? Lol! Not even close to what I have in mind.

I think I've laid out a family straightforward process involving tweaks to the existing Lobbying Act and borrowing a page or two from Robert's Rules of Order that would go a long way towards prevnting the SNC Lavalins of the world from trying to influence our government. Yes I admit I've also suggested body cams and ankle bracelets but that's just to underscore what monitoring is for, to prevent crime, not to mention how easy and penetrating monitoring can be.  I'd be willing to pay politicians lots for putting up with that sort of invasion of privacy.  At least as twice as much as they might expect from a bribe should do it.

OTOH there's nothing stopping any party from simply volunteering to open up all public business to the public as it's being conducted. We don't all have to attend these or even pay attention to the vast majority of them, that would be silly, all we need to know is that there will rarely ever be something going on that doesn't affect someone who will feel it prudent to be there - to provide a public presence and witness to the public's business.

But I get it, it's an idea that's up against far less radical ideas like changing the constitution, doing away with the Senate or separating Quebec/the West etc but it is what it is.

In any case partisans of all stripes seem to faint at or mock the thought of actual transparency. It's kind of hilarious actually. 

I know I know...there's only 40 million of us against 37 or so Cabinet members and a couple layers of deputy ministers so yeah, we simply don't stand a chance.

What we probably need to do is be more Zen-like about how were governed and learn to laugh at it.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Prove it though. Unambiguously. Charge someone with that proof in hand.

They dud , The ethics commissioner proved it and the police said it was definitely a crime, but that they didn't arrest him because it wasn't clear if the prime minister had the right to give himself permission to commit that crime or not.

There's nothing contentious here - he freely admits taking the benefit, the law is clear, it's been ruled on.

And that's as absolutely cut and dry as it gets .....   and what's your first reation? Derppppp - that's not enough evidence!!!!"

What you have proven is that your calls for transparancy and accountability are complete bullshit. Here you are with perfectly documented proof that's as clear as it's ever going to get and you're still making excuses.

The problem isn't the gov't or the system or transparency.  The problem is people like you,