When will we ever see an Heritage Day for white British/Europeans.

30 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Christians,  Rome and the Church of England. White. 

Christians aren't white - did you know that first nations make up the highest per capita percent of catholics for example? Catholics and christian are everywhere. Thats just a racist comment.

Rome isn't really white, and the church of england doesn't represent Europeans that aren't' Christians. I'm not christian,  but i am white so it doesn't have crap all to do with me.  Did you think there were no jews in europe for example?

Your comments are just ridiculous and bigoted. None of it represents being white.

And you obviously are afraid to answer the questions posed to you so it's pretty obvoius you're know you're wrong and are simply hiding behind racism and bigotry.

44 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Christians aren't white - did you know that first nations make up the highest per capita percent of catholics for example? Catholics and christian are everywhere. Thats just a racist comment.

Rome isn't really white, and the church of england doesn't represent Europeans that aren't' Christians. I'm not christian,  but i am white so it doesn't have crap all to do with me.  Did you think there were no jews in europe for example?

Your comments are just ridiculous and bigoted. None of it represents being white.

And you obviously are afraid to answer the questions posed to you so it's pretty obvoius you're know you're wrong and are simply hiding behind racism and bigotry.

The Christian Churches that were part of the colonization of North America sure were. Who ran the residential schools.

Catholicism, Protestantism and Orthodoxy are all products of white European cultures. Christianity throughout the world is largely a result of missionaries from those churches.

The Catholicism that dominates South, Central America, Mexico and Philippines were a result of Spanish and Portuguese colonization.

Edited by Aristides

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The Christian Churches that were part of the colonization of North America sure were. Who ran the residential schools.

And you think white people attended the residential schools'?

Catholicism, Protestantism and Orthodoxy are all products of white European cultures. Christianity throughout the world is largely a result of missionaries from those churches.

And?  Not all white people are religous, so it's not a 'white people' thing.  If you were doing a white history month you might mention it as some white people who had an influence on the world but i'm not a christian, how do they represent my history? They don't.

The Catholicism that dominates South, Central America and Philippines were a result of Spanish and Portuguese colonization.

Sure - spanish aren't white btw.

https://www.reference.com/world-view/spaniards-considered-white-hispanic-c961afd97bc25b68

Kinda shot yourself in the foot with that one.

So - none of that is about being 'white'.  ALL of that is about something else, even if white people participated.

Got any more or was that it?

On 5/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, taxme said:

So, my question is? When will we ever get to see an Heritage Day for the white British and Europeans. After all, were we not here first(sans Native Indians)and settled and built up this once great British European country. Do we not need to be also seen as the other people of color as just as important as those mentioned above? 

You can pick a day and celebrate it as a Day of Shame for the white Canadians.

Maybe the Reconciliation day is a good Day of Shame ?

Just now, cougar said:

You can pick a day and celebrate it as a Day of Shame for the white Canadians.

White Canadians have nothing to be ashamed of. Sorry.

Just now, cougar said:

Maybe the Reconciliation day is a good Day of Shame ?

You feel the first nations have a lot to be ashamed of?

Historically that may be true to a degree, slavery, human trafficking,  certainly genocide on the west coast, but i don't see why dwelling on it would be helpful. They don't do that stuff anymore.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

White Canadians have nothing to be ashamed of. Sorry.

Considering that they were the ones and probably still are the ones pulling the strings on this continent they will have to take responsibility for many things that happened.

- the structure and general disintegration of our society

- the lack of culture

- genocides in the past and even now

- destruction of the North American environment

4 hours ago, herbie said:

Nobody gives a shit that you're white. When nobody gives a shit that you're black, brown, yellow or red or what's between your legs the world will be a better place.

Do you give a shit if you are eating a banana, orange, mango, pineapple or a real piece of shit?

I bet you do.

So , no the day you are waiting for is never going to come as even you have no idea what you are asking for.

38 minutes ago, cougar said:

Considering that they were the ones and probably still are the ones pulling the strings on this continent they will have to take responsibility for many things that happened.

"they" are dead.  There's no 'taking responsibility'. That's the kind of thing the libs tell first nations to make them feel like they care when they don't. (thanks for the donations!)

The people who are alive today can look at how they can make things better. Or they can choose not to. Thats true regardless of skin colour.

- the structure and general disintegration of our society

Largely due to pandering to special interests and 'intersectionality'.  the strucuture itself works well but it does require the people to be responsible and do their job to hold govt accountable, and that hasn't been happening.

- the lack of culture

There is a massive amount of culture - go out once in a while.

- genocides in the past and even now

No genocides have happened.  Again - thats the kind of thing liberals tell first nations they believe in to make them feel better. And the first nations actually did commit genocides.  Entire nations were wiped out cpmpletely and their language and heritage gone entirely along with most of their people, except for the slaves. And women of course - who were treated as tradable chattel like a horse.

- destruction of the North American environment

How is that a 'white' thing? The first nations are every bit as guilty, and frankly so is every other skin colour living in canada.

Swing and misses on all counts.  Sounds just a tad racist to be honest. 

4 hours ago, cougar said:

Stop the phony white shaming and bull.  If you want to play the victim, or want to blame white people for things that happened back in history, you need mental health and spiritual counseling.  Try your local Protestant church for help.  The Romanist church can't help; they need help themselves.

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 3:38 PM, taxme said:

Days for Native Indians, Sikhs, Asians, Blacks, gays and whoever will come next.

Really? You celebrate all of those days?  Do you dress up in costume?

Honestly the “how come there’s no white history month “ type complaints are so juvenile and idi*tic I know I’m not supposed to respond to dumb threads like these but it’s so hard to not ridicule stup1dity  

Go start a thread complaining about why there are no battered husband shelters or why men don’t have tampon dispensers in their public washrooms while you’re at it. 

Edited by BeaverFever

7 hours ago, cougar said:

Do you give a shit if you are eating a banana, orange, mango, pineapple or a real piece of shit?

I bet you do.

So , no the day you are waiting for is never going to come as even you have no idea what you are asking for.

Ahhh - so you're just a racist.  Got it.

Whites have nothing to be ashamed of. Sorry.  And all your attitude does is give rise and power to the white supremacist orgs out there.

With the possible exception of the chinese in some areas, white people have done more, achieved more, explored more, built more, invented more, conquored more, freed more and lifted more out of poverty than any other race by light years. It's a proud heratige that we should be doubling down on and seeing what we can do even greater and better in the future. We can learn from the past and do even greater things.

Sorry if that doesnt match with your prejudice. But basically we're great :)

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Really? You celebrate all of those days?  Do you dress up in costume?

Justin does.  He can be our 'token white' for those days :)

Honestly the “how come there’s no white history month “ type complaints are so juvenile and idi*tic I know I’m not supposed to respond to dumb threads like these but it’s so hard to not ridicule stup1dity  

Leftists usually try to dismiss the idea that way, but its just hypocrisy on their part.  And it completely ruins their narrative if white people are given equal footing as black people or Asian people or Hispanics etc.

Here's a hint kiddo - if it's childish and !diotic  for whites, then its' just as childish and !diotic for the rest of the races.

Go start a thread complaining about why there are no battered husband shelters

Funny story there.  there's actually a big need for that. Men are abused even more than women by all studies, and many don't know how to deal with it and want to get away from it without fighting back but have no where to go.

A guy opened a men's shelter like that in Canda and there was a lot of need for it. However - women's groups hounded him and harassed him night and day because they were worried federal funds for women's shelters might start going to men's shelters. In the end it got so bad he killed himself for that reason.

OF course - he was just a disposable white male that we're all supposed to hate according to your type so no biggie right?

11 hours ago, CdnFox said:

And you think white people attended the residential schools'?

Who put native kids in residential schools and who ran them?

And?  Not all white people are religous, so it's not a 'white people' thing.  If you were doing a white history month you might mention it as some white people who had an influence on the world but i'm not a christian, how do they represent my history? They don't.

So what? The Christian religion is definitely a European thing, particularly when it comes to the Americas.

Sure - spanish aren't white btw.

https://www.reference.com/world-view/spaniards-considered-white-hispanic-c961afd97bc25b68

Kinda shot yourself in the foot with that one.

So - none of that is about being 'white'.  ALL of that is about something else, even if white people participated.

Got any more or was that it?

All people from Spain are considered Hispanic. However, they may be part of any race, including white.

Kind of like Canada, or do you consider non white Canadians not real Canadians?

33 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Who put native kids in residential schools and who ran them?

First nations and churches, respectively.

The schools were at the first nations request. And they were completely optional till the 20's. A little fact that often gets glossed over. John A was required by the king to honor an agreement where the first nations demanded access to education, and the churches had been providing education already for ages,  so he just said 'if a first nations person wants education and they show up at your school we'll pay for it. ".

But nobody made them go. And it wasn't john a's idea to spend money on educating native people.

So what? The Christian religion is definitely a European thing, particularly when it comes to the Americas.

So what?  Its' every bit as much of a native thing since before canada was born.  And not all europeans are religious. It's a ridiculous argument.  It doesn't represent all white people or even all europeans in the slgihtest. As i noted - what about jews?

Kind of like Canada, or do you consider non white Canadians not real Canadians?

Oh you ADMIT it now! Wow just a post or two ago you were claiming that ALL of Canada and everything wrong about it were the exclusive domain of WHITE people :)

I take it you realized how  !diotic your position was.  Canada is not just 'white' people and never was.

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

First nations and churches, respectively.

The schools were at the first nations request. And they were completely optional till the 20's. A little fact that often gets glossed over. John A was required by the king to honor an agreement where the first nations demanded access to education, and the churches had been providing education already for ages,  so he just said 'if a first nations person wants education and they show up at your school we'll pay for it. ".

But nobody made them go. And it wasn't john a's idea to spend money on educating native people.

So what?  Its' every bit as much of a native thing since before canada was born.  And not all europeans are religious. It's a ridiculous argument.  It doesn't represent all white people or even all europeans in the slgihtest. As i noted - what about jews?

Oh you ADMIT it now! Wow just a post or two ago you were claiming that ALL of Canada and everything wrong about it were the exclusive domain of WHITE people :)

I take it you realized how  !diotic your position was.  Canada is not just 'white' people and never was.

An amendment to the Indian Act in 1894, under Prime Minister Mackenzie Bowell, made attendance at day schools, industrial schools, or residential schools compulsory for First Nations children. 

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

An amendment to the Indian Act in 1894, under Prime Minister Mackenzie Bowell, made attendance at day schools, industrial schools, or residential schools compulsory for First Nations children. 

Yeah -sorry that wiki entry is both wrong and pretty bloody bias if you read it. It's got some other glaring inaccuracies and 'creative interpretations' as well.  I guess that's why you didn't link to it.

In fact it wasn't till much later that it became actually compulsory.

1920 - Duncan Campbell Scott, Deputy Superintendent of Indian Affairs, makes residential school attendance compulsory for children between the ages of 7 and 15.

https://nctr.ca/exhibits/residential-school-timeline/

That's when it became mandatory. Before then it was optional.  And originally it was  not even particularly desired. Macdonald wasn't keen on spending the money. Which is why he got the church to do it.

I get you want everything to be 'whitey's' fault - but no.

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah -sorry that wiki entry is both wrong and pretty bloody bias if you read it. It's got some other glaring inaccuracies and 'creative interpretations' as well.  I guess that's why you didn't link to it.

In fact it wasn't till much later that it became actually compulsory.

1920 - Duncan Campbell Scott, Deputy Superintendent of Indian Affairs, makes residential school attendance compulsory for children between the ages of 7 and 15.

https://nctr.ca/exhibits/residential-school-timeline/

That's when it became mandatory. Before then it was optional.  And originally it was  not even particularly desired. Macdonald wasn't keen on spending the money. Which is why he got the church to do it.

I get you want everything to be 'whitey's' fault - but no.

Residential schools were invented by whiteys and were run by whiteys.

17 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Residential schools were invented by whiteys and were run by whiteys.

Residential schools were required by the first nations and optional for them, so they chose to use them.

Sorry - like most racism, yours doesn't stand up to the facts.

2 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

Why would you want to celebrate being any race or ethnicity?

British is not a race

British is simply a system of governance in defence of the Enlightenment itself

so for example, Gandhi was British

Gandhi was born in the British Empire

Gandhi went to British law school

and when Gandhi staged his revolt

he was invoking the British rule of law against the rule of the Raj

the George Washington of India

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Americana Antifa said:

Why would you want to celebrate being any race or ethnicity?

just a postscript on Gandhi

he was assassinated

but by whom & why ?

he was assassinated by the Hindu Nationalists

because Gandhi was too British for them

the Hindu Nationalists did not want the rule of law

they wanted a Hindu theocracy