Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state

Moonbox

3 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you remind me of head cheese.

You see, I am an uncircumcised man. And if I miss a shower, under my foreskin, I sometimes get this pasty white, foul smelling material.  If this happens, I immediately need to wash the "head cheese" under the foreskin of my penis to keep it clean.

You remind me of head cheese, since I have a urge to shower, and wash my genitalia when I read your posts.

I think that you need to wash your dink again. My computer always starts to smell very foul when i read your replies. Pee-u stinky. ?

Edited by taxme

47 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Was it really?

Maybe they just moved that way to draw the Ukrainian army north so that they could gain ground in the south more easily. They sure gave that ground up in a hurry, and they never sought to reclaim it...

Yes it was, that 35 mile long column of stalled Russian armoured vehicles was aimed directly at Kyiv. The second largest attack was on Kharkiv. Obviously they thought of they could take the capital it would be game over. Too bad, so sad for you comrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Yes it was, that 35 mile long column of stalled Russian armoured vehicles was aimed directly at Kyiv. The second largest attack was on Kharkiv. Obviously they thought of they could take the capital it would be game over. Too bad, so sad for you comrade.

It's a common military strategy to pretend that you're attacking one place and then attack another. By pointing their troops at Kyiv the Russians forced the Ukrainians to go all out in defence of their capital, making the south a much softer target. 

The Russians really care about Crimea and southern Ukraine. That's where all the fighting is. Bakhmut especially. When this war is over, one side or the other will be making a movie about that place. 

57 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's a common military strategy to pretend that you're attacking one place and then attack another. By pointing their troops at Kyiv the Russians forced the Ukrainians to go all out in defence of their capital, making the south a much softer target. 

The Russians really care about Crimea and southern Ukraine. That's where all the fighting is. Bakhmut especially. When this war is over, one side or the other will be making a movie about that place. 

You don't "pretend" with the largest part of your army. Putin's plan was to take the capital and put his own puppet in charge. You are an id-iot to think otherwise. To bad, so sad comrade. It didn't work out  and now Vlad the Destroyer is mired in the worst conflict since WW2 and having to fight it with WW1 tactics. Maybe a great Mafia Don but not much of a military strategist.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aristides said:

You don't "pretend" with the largest part of your army. Putin's plan was to take the capital and put his own puppet in charge. You are an id-iot to think otherwise. To bad, so sad comrade. It didn't work out  and now Vlad the Destroyer is mired in the worst conflict since WW2 and having to fight it with WW1 tactics. Maybe a great Mafia Don but not much of a military strategist.

The Russians can "pretend" with that many troops because they have that many troops to pretend with. The whole point is to make the places that you need to attack as easy as possible. 

I don't honestly know what Russia's actual plan for Ukraine is. An outright takeover is way more than the world will tolerate, and I don't really know what his final plan for the south is but it looks like they want to hold everything south of the Dnipro river and as far east as Kherson indefinitely. 

Russian tech doesn't match the American tech that the Ukrainians are deploying, so it's tough sledding for the Russians, but the Russian army is still holding 500km of coastline and 100,000 sq km of Ukrainian land, plus Crimea. 

The Ukrainians have dead soldiers, dead civilians, flattened cities, and they've lost a ton of waterfront property with that "Sochi" climate that the Russians love so much. The Ukrainians clearly haven't profited from this, aside from the monetary gains of people like Zelenski, who clearly aren't doing this for the good of the people. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The Russians can "pretend" with that many troops because they have that many troops to pretend with. The whole point is to make the places that you need to attack as easy as possible. 

The only thing that's pretend is the idea that Kiev wasn't their primary objective in the first place.  This was a large-scale combined-arms offensive meant to knock out Ukrainian leadership and command and control, American-style.  Russia's army is run by cronies and made up of peasant soldiers, however, so it was a humiliating failure in which they took enormous losses.  

You don't paradrop your most elite airborne divisions 100 km behind enemy lines for a feint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2023 at 6:57 PM, WestCanMan said:

lol.  Now that is unintentionally hilarious.

On 11/29/2023 at 10:05 AM, WestCanMan said:

The Ukrainians clearly haven't profited from this, aside from the monetary gains of people like Zelenski, who clearly aren't doing this for the good of the people. 

For the last time, it's Zelenskyy, not Zelenski.  Why do you insist on spelling his name wrong?  You seem like the type of person who would have attempted to justify the Germany invasion of Poland in 1939.

Edited by DUI_Offender

On 11/28/2023 at 7:25 PM, Aristides said:

As far as I can tell by the timeline, it looks like Russia decided to pull back from Kiev as part of the peace deal that was being ratified...until fcking Boris the US sock puppet showed up.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

As far as I can tell by the timeline, it looks like Russia decided to pull back from Kiev as part of the peace deal that was being ratified...until fcking Boris the US sock puppet showed up.

Sure they did. Fantasy land. The only kind of peace Ukraine wants is for Russia to get out of their country.

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Sure they did. Fantasy land. The only kind of peace Ukraine wants is for Russia to get out of their country.

Well that ain'-a-gonna happen any time soon. And who are you to speak for Ukrainians? About half of the population left alive and inside Ukraine still, want a peace deal now. That number is growing quickly.

What's always been "Fantasy land", is that Ukraine had any chance of beating the Russian forces out of the eastern provinces and Crimea. That's just a fact that you're going to have to learn to cope with.

5 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

lol.  Now that is unintentionally hilarious.

Hey stupid, here's a brief history lesson for you.

For the first part of WWI, the machine gun was used exclusively for "withering fire". Makes sense, you point it at a bunch of enemies and kill as many as you can.

Our own Gen Currie had an equally, or even more effective way of using it. 

At that time the Germans and allies had their troops spread out guarding many miles of trenches, and they had a good chunk of their army in reserve, behind the lines, to bolster the point of an attack wherever, whenever it happened.

Currie would do a feint, draw in the Germans' reserve units, and then he'd attack somewhere else. The machine guns would be used solely to prevent the reserve troops from getting from the spot of the feint to the place where the actual attack was. "Suppressing fire". They'd just point at an area that they didn't want the Germans to go through and keep them hemmed in.  

If you weren't an id10t, then what I said would make sense to you. 

The point of feinting towards Ukraine is quite a basic strategy. The Ukrainians have no choice at that point but overcommit to the defence of their capitol, because it if it's lost the game is over. It's just like in chess if you put pressure on the king. Defence of the pawn chains & whatnot is put on hold. 

Get it?

5 hours ago, DUI_Offender said:

For the last time, it's Zelenskyy, not Zelenski.  Why do you insist on spelling his name wrong?  You seem like the type of person who would have attempted to justify the Germany invasion of Poland in 1939.

Spell Moamar Khadafi genius. Muamar Ghadafi. Or with a double-d. Double m's. Etc...

You're literally translating squiggles to English. 

Zelensky's name doesn't come from the English alphabet, it's from the Cyrillic alphabet. Зверенення Володимира Зеленського

It doesn't end in oo. 

ScreenShot2023-12-04at11_02_28AM.png.6032c25673f035efb37f9edbf99a2713.pngScreenShot2023-12-04at11_03_30AM.thumb.png.d895a70718127515e091992f3e9f26be.png

Go whine about the spelling of Zelenski's name to someone who cares. I really don't. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Hey stupid, here's a brief history lesson for you.

For the first part of WWI, the machine gun was used exclusively for "withering fire". Makes sense, you point it at a bunch of enemies and kill as many as you can.

Our own Gen Currie had an equally, or even more effective way of using it. 

At that time the Germans and allies had their troops spread out guarding many miles of trenches, and they had a good chunk of their army in reserve, behind the lines, to bolster the point of an attack wherever, whenever it happened.

Currie would do a feint, draw in the Germans' reserve units, and then he'd attack somewhere else. The machine guns would be used solely to prevent the reserve troops from getting from the spot of the feint to the place where the actual attack was. "Suppressing fire". They'd just point at an area that they didn't want the Germans to go through and keep them hemmed in.  

If you weren't an id10t, then what I said would make sense to you. 

The point of feinting towards Ukraine is quite a basic strategy. The Ukrainians have no choice at that point but overcommit to the defence of their capitol, because it if it's lost the game is over. It's just like in chess if you put pressure on the king. Defence of the pawn chains & whatnot is put on hold. 

Get it?

I can't believe you spent all that time typing out a post that has nothing to do with the Russia-Ukraine war, or at least the reality of the conflict.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Well that ain'-a-gonna happen any time soon. And who are you to speak for Ukrainians? About half of the population left alive and inside Ukraine still, want a peace deal now. That number is growing quickly.

Actually, 99.9% of the population that was living in Ukraine at the beginning of 2022 is alive. The amount of casualties experienced by Ukraine is estimated at 150,000-200,000 with roughly 40,000-50,000 fatalities. 

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

What's always been "Fantasy land", is that Ukraine had any chance of beating the Russian forces out of the eastern provinces and Crimea. That's just a fact that you're going to have to learn to cope with.

Afghanistan did it in the 80s, and the Afghan resistance is not even close to the Ukrainian army in might. In fact, the number of Russian casualties in the Ukraine is 3-4 times more in just 21 months than they had in 10 years in their occupation of Afghanistan.

Edited by DUI_Offender

10 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

I can't believe you spent all that time typing out a post that has nothing to do with the Russia-Ukraine war, or at least the reality of the conflict.

Then we're i, agreement, because I totally believe you when you say that you don't understand what that has to do with anything. 

Actually, 99.9% of the population that was living in Ukraine at the beginning of 2022 is alive. The amount of casualties experienced by Ukraine is estimated at 150,000-200,000 with roughly 40,000-50,000 fatalities. 

Afghanistan did it in the 80s, and the Afghan resistance is not even close to the Ukrainian army in might. In fact, the number of Russian casualties in the Ukraine is 3-4 times more in just 21 months than they had in 10 years in their occupation of Afghanistan.

Giggle...you're funny.

The Ukraine is running out of cannon folder. 

LOL

Where do you come up with this garbage?  Did you just write the first thing that pops into your head?

From Wiki...

"Ahead of the 29 March meeting Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan stated that Ukraine was ready to agree to 4 out of Russia’s 6 demands.[65] He claimed Ukraine was prepared to renounce NATO membership and to make Russian Ukraine's second official language.[65] According to Erdoğan Ukraine was not prepared to recognise the Russian occupation of Crimea or parts of Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts.[65] Ukraine proposed adopting a neutral status in exchange for security guarantees along the lines of NATO Article 5. The proposals also included a 15-year consultation period on the status of Russian-annexed Crimea and return of all Russian forces to their pre-invasion positions.[27] Russia's Ministry of Defense announced "drastic reduction of military activity" on the Kyiv and Chernihiv fronts, which, Russian presidential aide Vladimir Medinsky clarified, was not tantamount to a ceasefire

In a televised meeting with military bloggers on 13 June 2023 the Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed that Russia and Ukraine had come on that day to "a good agreement on how to resolve the current situation by peaceful means" but then the Ukrainians "threw it away" after the withdrawal of Russian troops from Kyiv"

When did Boris show up in Kiev?

That's right...April of '22.

Edited by Nationalist

33 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

In a televised meeting with military bloggers on 13 June 2023 the Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed that Russia and Ukraine had come on that day to "a good agreement on how to resolve the current situation by peaceful means" but then the Ukrainians "threw it away" after the withdrawal of Russian troops from Kyiv"

Strange how you accept Putin's word as gospel....

15 minutes ago, DUI_Offender said:

There were 43.7 million Ukrainians at the beginning of 2022.  Of those, 150,000-200,000 are casualties. That is roughly 0.3% of the population.  I guess mathematics was not your strong subject.

I guess sociology was not yours? Nor diplomacy.