Jump to content

Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state


Moonbox

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

In November turkey withdrew from nato exercises. Turkey and Natoma are at odds over the Palestinians. Turkey is buying arms from Russia. The press is talking about expulsion. 

Looks like a divorce to me.

and yet they're negotiating the purchase of US fighter jets and Sweden's accession to NATO as we speak.  ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Complete Annihilation’: Five Russian Battalions Went Up In Smoke And Flames Trying To Surround Avdiivka

David AxeDec 15, 2023,
 

The Russian army has lost at least 211 armored vehicles trying, and so far failing, to surround and cut off the Ukrainian garrison in Avdiivka, just northwest of Russian-occupied Donetsk city in eastern Ukraine.

Ukrainian analysis group Frontelligence Insight scrutinized satellite imagery and verified all 211 wrecked and abandoned vehicles. Its tally aligns with a U.S. intelligence assessment, which concluded the Russians have lost 220 vehicles around Avdiivka—and 13,000 people, too.

Most of the losses occurred in the first month of the Avdiivka battle starting in early October. After a few weeks, desperate Russian commanders switched up their tactics, and sent in the infantry on foot.

The vehicle toll “surpasses Russian losses in any other single battle,” Frontelligence reported, “making it the most devastating battle for Russian forces in terms of vehicle losses.”

Losing at least 211 vehicles and 13,000 soldiers killed and wounded amounts to the “complete annihilation of five battalions,” according to Frontelligence. “This represents significant losses in both equipment and personnel, considering the achieved results.”

….

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2023/12/15/complete-annihilation-five-russian-battalions-went-up-in-smoke-and-flames-trying-to-surround-avdiivka/?sh=1524b8301542

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Nationalist said:

From your own link:

 

…Russian forces suffered as many 240,000 wounded and 50,000 killed. Wagner Group mercenaries likely suffered 40,000 wounded and 20,000 killed, the ministry said.

"The median of the estimate range is 320,000 total Russian combatant casualties," the ministry tweeted.

 

…Whatever the number, Ukrainian casualties have been dwarfed by Russia's.

"Russian forces may be suffering losses along the entire front in Ukraine at a rate close to the rate at which Russia is currently generating new forces," the Institute for the Study of War, a Washington-based think-tank, wrote this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

From your own link:

 

…Russian forces suffered as many 240,000 wounded and 50,000 killed. Wagner Group mercenaries likely suffered 40,000 wounded and 20,000 killed, the ministry said.

"The median of the estimate range is 320,000 total Russian combatant casualties," the ministry tweeted.

 

…Whatever the number, Ukrainian casualties have been dwarfed by Russia's.

"Russian forces may be suffering losses along the entire front in Ukraine at a rate close to the rate at which Russia is currently generating new forces," the Institute for the Study of War, a Washington-based think-tank, wrote this week.

And?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nationalist said:

And?

Can’t you read? They’ve been getting massacred. They’re not able to replace soldiers any faster than they’re losing them. 
 

Lol your response is typical of a dictator fanboi:

RUSSIAN GENERAL: - ”Mr Dictator we’ve lost 320,000 troops, they’re dying as fast as we can replace them!  We’ve lost 87% of our initial invasion force!”

PUTIN: - ”And?”

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Can’t you read? They’ve been getting massacred. They’re not able to replace soldiers any faster than they’re losing them. 
 

Lol your response is typical of a dictator fanboi:

RUSSIAN GENERAL: - ”Mr Dictator we’ve lost 320,000 troops, they’re dying as fast as we can replace them!  We’ve lost 87% of our initial invasion force!”

PUTIN: - ”And?”

Lol...Beave, any men of fighting age are either now dead or ran away. Now they're sending women and old men. Oh and...Zelinsky has internal issues and no money left to wage war.

https://www.newsweek.com/zelensky-showdown-star-general-zaluzhnyi-ukraine-tensions-russia-counteroffensive-1849576

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...Beave, any men of fighting age are either now dead or ran away. Now they're sending women and old men.

False, you Putin-sucker they are not running out of men of fighting age. Of course women have always been eligible to voluntarily serve as have men up to age 60 have been fighting the invasion since the beginning. What else are they going To do sit at home a wait for a Russian invader to come by and rape and kill them?

 

Once again: You don’t seem to be able to keep straight the fact that Russia is fighting a voluntary war of choice outside its borders while the Ukrainian people are fighting a necessary war of survival on their own land. Of course they’re going to fight, it’s fight or be enslaved by Putin, the world’s cruelest dictator. 

Edited by BeaverFever
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

False, you Putin-sucker they are not running out of men of fighting age. Of course women have always been eligible to voluntarily serve as have men up to age 60 have been fighting the invasion since the beginning. What else are they going To do sit at home a wait for a Russian invader to come by and rape and kill them?

 

Once again: You don’t seem to be able to keep straight the fact that Russia is fighting a voluntary war of choice outside its borders while the Ukrainian people are fighting a necessary war of survival on their own land. Of course they’re going to fight, it’s fight or be enslaved by Putin, the world’s cruelest dictator. 

Quote

“One of the soldiers said, ‘That hospital really likes this diagnosis, huh?’” recalled the man. “I could see they knew exactly what was going on, and it wasn’t the first time. But they were powerless to do anything, so waved me through,” he said.

The man, who asked for anonymity to discuss the matter, admitted that he had paid a $5,000 bribe to escape a potential draft into the Ukrainian army and service on the front lines in the war with Russia.

“I knew there was no way I would be able to sit in a trench, so I took my savings and contacted a ‘fixer’. Everyone knows where to find them. I paid in cash, they sent me to a hospital to do a spinal MRI; the hospital gave me a medical report claiming I had a major spinal defect, and with that I could get papers allowing me to leave the country. I had the feeling that, at every stage of the way, people knew what was happening and were getting a cut,” said the man.

The whole process took two weeks; the man was able to leave Ukraine and now lives elsewhere in Europe.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/15/bribes-and-hiding-at-home-the-ukrainian-men-trying-to-avoid-conscription

https://rumble.com/v30979w-ukrainian-soldiers-forcing-men-to-join-military-ukraine-military-is-despera.html

Do the men being kidnapped in this clip, look like volunteers to you?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nationalist said:

https://rumble.com/v30979w-ukrainian-soldiers-forcing-men-to-join-military-ukraine-military-is-despera.html

Do the men being kidnapped in this clip, look like volunteers to you?

 

LMAO you have no idea what that video is of, what country it’s in, or who the person who posted it really is.  Didn’t your parents ever teach you not to blindly believe strangers on the internet?  
 

Whatever the internet equivalent of “street smarts” is called these days, you ain’t got it. I swear,  you’re so gullible if you were a female you’d have been pregnant by 13 and had 6 kids with 6 different men before you were 20. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

LMAO you have no idea what that video is of, what country it’s in, or who the person who posted it really is.  Didn’t your parents ever teach you not to blindly believe strangers on the internet?  
 

Whatever the internet equivalent of “street smarts” is called these days, you ain’t got it. I swear,  you’re so gullible if you were a female you’d have been pregnant by 13 and had 6 kids with 6 different men before you were 20. 

Errr...they're speaking Ukrainian. 

Please try not being so blatantly stoopid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Errr...they're speaking Ukrainian. 

Please try not being so blatantly stoopid. 

They're speaking Ukrainian?  That's what's important to you with this video?  That it's a poor-quality compilation posted on Rumble and sourced from Telegram doesn't raise any questions?
 

Of course not.  It's inconceivable that the Russians would post misinformation in Ukraine in...Ukrainian I guess.  

12 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Whatever the internet equivalent of “street smarts” is called these days, you ain’t got it. I swear,  you’re so gullible if you were a female you’d have been pregnant by 13 and had 6 kids with 6 different men before you were 20. 

I'm afraid this isn't just a gullible problem.  This is a deeply, deeply unintelligent man.  

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

They're speaking Ukrainian?  That's what's important to you with this video?  That it's a poor-quality compilation posted on Rumble and sourced from Telegram doesn't raise any questions?
 

Of course not.  It's inconceivable that the Russians would post misinformation in Ukraine in...Ukrainian I guess.  

I'm afraid this isn't just a gullible problem.  This is a deeply, deeply unintelligent man.  

  

Lol...ur so predictably stoopid. 

'OH the Russians made the video and spoke Ukrainian. '

Unbelievable...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...ur so predictably stoopid. 

'OH the Russians made the video and spoke Ukrainian. '

Unbelievable...

We have no idea who made the video, other than that the algo fed it to you in your sad search for anything that might support your clownworld viewpoints.  We also know that you're too stupid to consider and filter the information you consume.  The only thing that matters is that it's telling you what you want to hear. 

Turkey is leaving NATO, right?  The Youtube/Rumble/Twitter video told you so!  ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Moonbox said:

We have no idea who made the video, other than that the algo fed it to you in your sad search for anything that might support your clownworld viewpoints.  We also know that you're too stupid to consider and filter the information you consume.  The only thing that matters is that it's telling you what you want to hear. 

Turkey is leaving NATO, right?  The Youtube/Rumble/Twitter video told you so!  ???

Watch and learn Jr.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2023 at 7:50 AM, Nationalist said:

Errr...they're speaking Ukrainian. 

Please try not being so blatantly stoopid. 

Even so it doesn’t prove anything. Could be Ukrainian police arresting a common criminal for all you know, you simple-minded sucker. 

On 12/21/2023 at 1:34 PM, Nationalist said:

Watch and learn Jr.

You’ve been saying that for almost two years now, this great Russian victory you keep promising will he here any day now just isn’t coming 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Even so it doesn’t prove anything. Could be Ukrainian police arresting a common criminal for all you know, you simple-minded sucker. 

You’ve been saying that for almost two years now, this great Russian victory you keep promising will he here any day now just isn’t coming 

Lol...so naive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2023 at 5:50 AM, Nationalist said:

Lol...so naive.

Yes you sure are, you fake news sucker!   Meanwhile back in rhe real world your supposed champion of freedom Putin just transferred his most vocal critic (whom he previously tried to poison) to a penal colony in the arctic circle. His crime was daring to run for election a few years ago. 
 

 Also happening in reality:

Russia's economy is paralyzed, and Putin's war machine survives on cannibalizing state-owned firms, Yale researchers say
 

Russia's economy is paralyzed, and its war machine survives on cannibalizing state-owned firms, according to two Yale researchers.

In an op-ed in Foreign Policy on Friday, Jeffrey Sonnenfeld and Steven Tian sought to push back on recent commentary that cast President Vladimir Putin as one of 2023's big winners amid signs of economic resilience.

But Western sanctions and the mass exodus of multinational companies from Russia that followed have inflicted huge costs on the nation's economy, they argued.

"We cannot fall into the trap of thinking that all is good for Putin, and we cannot jettison effective measures to pressure him," Sonnenfeld and Tian wrote, noting that transferring "worthless" expropriated assets from Western firms to Putin's cronies doesn't make Russia wealthier.
 

They also listed several other signs that Russia's economy has been reeling.

Since Russia's invasion of Ukraine in early 2022, at least 1 million Russians have fled to other other countries, including top tech talent. That's contributed to a labor shortage that's nearing 5 million workersand has stoked high inflation.

Meanwhile, $253 billion in private capital left Russia between February 2022 and June 2023, Sonnenfeld and Tian said, citing the Russian central bank's own data.

In addition, Russia has lost access to Western technology and expertise that its companies relied on, while foreign direct investment has nearly completely dried up.
 

Making matters worse are strict capital controls that have rendered Russian assets valued in rubles virtually worthless on global markets.

And sanctions that cut off Moscow from much of international finance have prevented Russian companies from issuing any new stock or any new bonds in a Western market.

"Russia, which never supplied any finished goods—industrial or consumer—to the global economy, is paralyzed," Sonnenfeld and Tian said. "It is not remotely an economic superpower, with virtually all of its raw materials easily substituted from elsewhere. The war machine is driven only by the cannibalization of now state-controlled enterprises."

Even the Kremlin is bracing for more pain ahead. On Monday, Russian central bank governor Elvira Nabiullina said she is expecting more sanctions in the future
 

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-economy-vladimir-putin-war-machine-ruble-ukraine-sanctions-oil-2023-12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2023 at 4:37 PM, BeaverFever said:

Yes you sure are, you fake news sucker!   Meanwhile back in rhe real world your supposed champion of freedom Putin just transferred his most vocal critic (whom he previously tried to poison) to a penal colony in the arctic circle. His crime was daring to run for election a few years ago. 
 

 Also happening in reality:

Russia's economy is paralyzed, and Putin's war machine survives on cannibalizing state-owned firms, Yale researchers say
 

Russia's economy is paralyzed, and its war machine survives on cannibalizing state-owned firms, according to two Yale researchers.

In an op-ed in Foreign Policy on Friday, Jeffrey Sonnenfeld and Steven Tian sought to push back on recent commentary that cast President Vladimir Putin as one of 2023's big winners amid signs of economic resilience.

But Western sanctions and the mass exodus of multinational companies from Russia that followed have inflicted huge costs on the nation's economy, they argued.

"We cannot fall into the trap of thinking that all is good for Putin, and we cannot jettison effective measures to pressure him," Sonnenfeld and Tian wrote, noting that transferring "worthless" expropriated assets from Western firms to Putin's cronies doesn't make Russia wealthier.
 

They also listed several other signs that Russia's economy has been reeling.

Since Russia's invasion of Ukraine in early 2022, at least 1 million Russians have fled to other other countries, including top tech talent. That's contributed to a labor shortage that's nearing 5 million workersand has stoked high inflation.

Meanwhile, $253 billion in private capital left Russia between February 2022 and June 2023, Sonnenfeld and Tian said, citing the Russian central bank's own data.

In addition, Russia has lost access to Western technology and expertise that its companies relied on, while foreign direct investment has nearly completely dried up.
 

Making matters worse are strict capital controls that have rendered Russian assets valued in rubles virtually worthless on global markets.

And sanctions that cut off Moscow from much of international finance have prevented Russian companies from issuing any new stock or any new bonds in a Western market.

"Russia, which never supplied any finished goods—industrial or consumer—to the global economy, is paralyzed," Sonnenfeld and Tian said. "It is not remotely an economic superpower, with virtually all of its raw materials easily substituted from elsewhere. The war machine is driven only by the cannibalization of now state-controlled enterprises."

Even the Kremlin is bracing for more pain ahead. On Monday, Russian central bank governor Elvira Nabiullina said she is expecting more sanctions in the future
 

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-economy-vladimir-putin-war-machine-ruble-ukraine-sanctions-oil-2023-12

Ur such a putz...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,742
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    CrazyCanuck89
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • DACHSHUND went up a rank
      Rookie
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      First Post
    • aru earned a badge
      First Post
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...