Russian Army collapsing - the unsurprising failure of a police-state

Moonbox

17 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Soon to be frozen Frog Legs @ Borodino

“One unidentified Russian soldier who posted an account of the retreat described one unit throwing away its uniforms while heaping blame on those in Russia rationalising the retreat.

“Hey everyone, guys, I’m alive,” the soldier said, his face visibly tired against the backdrop of a night sky.

“What can I say? Everything I’ve been saying has happened. Those trying to find justification for this, comparing it with Borodino [the bloody battle during Napoleon’s invasion of Russia] or anything else can, you can tell them to go f—k themselves. Those who think everything will be fine next, tell them to go f—k themselves.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/11/reports-of-wounded-soldiers-being-abandoned-as-russia-retreats-from-kherson-city

?

28 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I'm not even going to look this up. If I'm wrong I want to be corrected. But wasn't Borodino the one where Napoleon lured the enemy onto the ice then fired canons through it?

If so, I'm not sure I get the connection.

No.  Borodino was a large pitched battle, ending in a pyrrhic victory for Napoleon over the Russian army, prior to their capturing Moscow.  The Russian army withdrew, scorched the earth behind them, and then the Grande Armée starved and froze in their hundreds of thousands.  In the subsequent retreat back to France, almost none of them made it back.  This was the end of Napoleon's Empire, aside from a brief resurgence that ended at Waterloo.  It is a major plot point in Tolstoy's War and Peace.  

I think DoP wants to draw parallels to this in Ukraine or...something, except in this case Russia appears to be France and he doesn't realize that.  

Edited by Moonbox
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I'm not even going to look this up. If I'm wrong I want to be corrected. But wasn't Borodino the one where Napoleon lured the enemy onto the ice then fired canons through it?

If so, I'm not sure I get the connection.

At Borodino, Napoleon and Russia fought a bloody battle which Napoleon technically won but at heavy cost. The Russians made an orderly tactical retreat but Napoleon did not pursue them because he falsely believed they were more organized and stronger than they actually were. The Russians scorched the earth as they withdrew and surrendered Moscow to the French.  However by withdrawing the Russians were able to reconstitute their forces while Napoleons battered army found itself extended beyond supply lines and stranded in Moscow with very little food and supplies and realized they had been lured into a trap. Napoleon tried to break out of Moscow and withdraw closer to his supply lines but the Russians attacked them in the open and defeated them decisively in a number of engagements.

What DOP(e) is trying to suggest is that the Russians are losing in purpose as part of a bigger plan. To be fair, the Ukrainians have publicly said over the last several days that they mindful of the potential that the retreat could be a trap but so far it appears legit. 

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Moonbox said:

You asked me to provide a list of sacked Russian generals to support my thesis of widespread Russian failure.  I did so, but you unsurprisingly had no comment on it.  Why?  Because you know it's true.  As a response, you launched into a boring broken-record ramble of conspiracy slogans.  

Care to comment on Kharkiv Oblast?  

How's the Bakhmut offensive going?

What's the word on Kherson city?  

Russia has lost or fired how many generals so far?  

How's the War in Ukraine going???

image.jpeg.d2ba0a7837b58efc56ebc29a6536a36a.jpeg

Generals come and generals go. No big deal. But of course you got all those names listed above from your American media liars, right? Not a great source for honest news. I am pretty sure that if Zelensky were also losing generals, the lying American media would not say a thing about it.

If Nazi Zelensky were winning the war why then does the fascist keep asking for more help from America and Europe? The Nazi keeps getting his ass kicked and so he runs to America and Europe for help. Why is America now sending troops into Ukraine if Nazi Zelensky is winning the war?  

I think that the war in Ukraine is still going well for Putin. Putin's soldiers have not left Ukraine yet. Putin must be still winning or it is even Steven for now. Anyway, get lost with your you know all, and others know nothing bullshit. ?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

The only major city to be captured by Russia is now liberated and Russia retreats again. The Ukrainians seem to have some healthy skepticism about whether its a false retreat and whether they might be walking into a trap but so far so good  

The hoards of cheering civilians dancing in the streets and hugging and kissing Ukrainian troops will tell you everything you need to know about the Putin apologists ridiculous claims that they wanted to be annexed by Russia  

Ukraine troops enter centre of Kherson as Russians retreat in chaos

Locals raise Ukrainian flags around Svoboda Square, as wounded Russian soldiers reportedly abandoned

The scenes unfolded at the end of an emotionally charged 24 hours in which Russian forces pulled back from the city – the only major city Moscow had managed to take in almost nine months of war – in disarray and Ukrainian forces advanced through the suburbs to the historic heart of Kherson.

For Russia, the liberation of Kherson marked the latest, and most serious, of a string of battlefield defeats amid widely circulated images of Russian infantry hurrying to escape over a soon-to be-destroyed pontoon over the Dnipro River in the morning mist, as Russia’s defence ministry said it had withdrawn about 30,000 troops.

The retreat comes just six weeks after the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, had announced the annexation of Kherson and three other regions at a high-profile ceremony in Moscow.

As Ukrainian armour and columns of infantry closed on Kherson throughout Friday morning they were cheered by flag-waving civilians in the towns, villages and suburbs of Kherson they had liberated.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/11/reports-of-wounded-soldiers-being-abandoned-as-russia-retreats-from-kherson-city

So, the elections in the Donbass were not all for real then and that those Russian speaking people in the Donbass never actually voted to leave Ukraine? Geez, that is not what I heard. As a matter of fact the people in the Donbass region did decide to leave Ukraine because of Nazi Zelensky who hated their Russian speaking guts. Those people are much better off now. 

I believe that you may be watching too many old movie like videos making it appear as though the Ukranian people are happy like shit that they are once again saved by their Nazi hero. No one can be sure as to what they are seeing on TV anymore because we all should know by now that the American media can lie like a trooper. ?

• Confused 1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:21 AM, Moonbox said:

What part of it signals that he's winning?  Is it the first Russian draft since WW2?  The loss of total loss of Kharkiv oblast and the ongoing retreat from Kherson?  Does the importing of Iranian garbage-tech paint an encouraging picture of Russian weapon stockpiles, or their ability to manufacture replacements?  

Being able to show you what I'm saying is true is all that matters.  Your impotent rhetoric is irrelevant.  ?

I don't know how many have been sacked.  I do know of the following, which includes 8 top generals and the the overall commander of the Ukrainian theatre being replaced...TWICE.  

1. Gen. Aleksandr Vladimirovich Dvornikov - overall commander of Russian forces in Ukraine - replaced by:

2. Gennady Zhidko - who was subsequently replaced by Sergey Surovkin (place your bets on how long he lasts everyone)

3. Lieutenant General Serhiy Kisel, commander of the 1st guards tank army - replaced for failure at Kharkiv

4. Igor Vladimirovich Osipov - Admiral of the Black Sea fleet, replaced following the sinking of the Moskva

5.  Aleksandr Chaiko - commander of the eastern military district - replaced by Rustam Muradov

6.  Andrey Serdyukov, commander of Russia's airborne forces - stripped of posts following the faceplant at the Hostomel airfield early in the war

7.  Dmitry Bulgakov - Deputy Minister of Defense and head of Russian army logistics, replaced by Mikhail Misintsev

8. Alexander Lapin - commander of central military district - replaced

?

If your world-view is based on the delusion that everything the MSM says is a lie, what you've convinced yourself of is that anything you don't want to hear isn't true.  You don't have to believe the MSM on the above though.  You can get this info from you're super-reliable Russian sources! 

Unless you're prepared to argue that Russia hasn't replaced its top commander in Ukraine twice (along with heavy turnover elsewhere), why don't you tell us how this sort of leadership turnover is a sign of Russian military success?  ?

Are you on the ground over there and are seeing all that is going on in Ukraine? Or are you just going by what your lefty liberal American media is telling you? 

And I still do not know as to why the hell do you give a shit about what is going on in Ukraine anyway? Any reason for all of your concern about Ukraine? Just asking.

Well, over to you, man on the ground, Moonbeam. ?

6 hours ago, taxme said:

Are you on the ground over there and are seeing all that is going on in Ukraine? Or are you just going by what your lefty liberal American media is telling you?

What are you specifically contesting?  Bleating “durr MSM fake news” like a zombie isn’t an argument.  You can create a whole new fantasy world for yourself with that all-purpose delusion?

Which generals that I listed have not been sacked?  Which regions that Ukrainians have recaptured are you arguing that this is not so?  You’re not actually contesting any of these facts, so I guess you just dump them in that chasm of denial you’ve dug and just keep powering forward in ignorance?  

7 hours ago, athos said:

Bad news for Anglo-Khazarian NAZI bots from competent US colonel

Actually EVERYTHING changes in 4 weeks. This is Putin's calm before the storm.

Sorry guys.

Yeah in 4 weeks, the Russian Army will have some more Iranian trash to lob at Ukrainian cities, and their ineptly led and poorly equipped soldiers will hate their lives more than they already do.  In 4 weeks, poverty-plagued Russia will be even poorer and more isolated, and Putin’s propaganda drones will still be spinning another month of failure as anything but.  that video was a joke.  “Okay you pesky Ukrainians.  NOW we’re going to start getting serious!  We are going to make BIG ATTACK!  Are you scared!?  I bet you’re scared!” 

See you in December, where nothing will have improved for Russia ?

Edited by Moonbox

23 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

What DOP(e) is trying to suggest is that the Russians are losing in purpose as part of a bigger plan. To be fair, the Ukrainians have publicly said over the last several days that they mindful of the potential that the retreat could be a trap but so far it appears legit. 

Is he now?

:lol:

Gosh, it's cold out when one is living in a trench in a wind swept pasture. 

16 hours ago, Moonbox said:

What are you specifically contesting?  Bleating “durr MSM fake news” like a zombie isn’t an argument.  You can create a whole new fantasy world for yourself with that all-purpose delusion?

Which generals that I listed have not been sacked?  Which regions that Ukrainians have recaptured are you arguing that this is not so?  You’re not actually contesting any of these facts, so I guess you just dump them in that chasm of denial you’ve dug and just keep powering forward in ignorance?  

I will ask you once again. Why do you give a shit as to what is going on in Ukraine anyway?  Come on, man, talk to me. ?

16 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Yeah in 4 weeks, the Russian Army will have some more Iranian trash to lob at Ukrainian cities, and their ineptly led and poorly equipped soldiers will hate their lives more than they already do.  In 4 weeks, poverty-plagued Russia will be even poorer and more isolated, and Putin’s propaganda drones will still be spinning another month of failure as anything but.  that video was a joke.  “Okay you pesky Ukrainians.  NOW we’re going to start getting serious!  We are going to make BIG ATTACK!  Are you scared!?  I bet you’re scared!” 

See you in December, where nothing will have improved for Russia ?

Or maybe nothing will have improved for Nazi Zelensky in December. Who knows, maybe the Russians will be celebrating Christmas in December after Ukraine falls. Hey, we never know, eh?  You are a Nazi supporting joke. Just saying. 

17 hours ago, Moonbox said:

So, why do you care about what is going on in Ukraine anyway? Come on, man, talk to me. 

I care about what's going on in a lot places in the world.  I care about Ukraine because Putin's a criminal and a tyrant and the world would be much better off without him.  I wish him and his supporters failure in all of their endeavors.

Now that I answered your question, let's loop back to mine and see if you're willing to do anything but change the subject 

Which generals that I listed have not been sacked?  

Which regions that Ukrainians have recaptured are you arguing that Russia still holds?  

What is telling you that the war (sorry, special operation ?) is going well for Russia?

In other news the Putin fans must be loving the new Russian snuff film circulating on the internet where Wagner Mercenaries execute one of their former team members ISIS-style with a sledgehammer to the head. The murdered man had been a Wagner mercenary and had defected to the Ukraine earlier in the year after the Ukrainians captured him in combat. He was recently abducted off the street in Kyiv.  

But remember the Putin apologists want to believe these are the good guys. 

Edited by BeaverFever

9 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

In other news the Putin fans must be loving the new Russian snuff film circulating on the internet where Wagner Mercenaries execute one of their former team members ISIS-style with a sledgehammer to the head. The murdered man had been a Wagner mercenary and had defected to the Ukraine earlier in the year after the Ukrainians captured him in combat. He was recently abducted off the street in Kyiv.  

But remember the Putin apologists want to believe these are the good guys. 

What "Putin apologists" might you be-a babblin' about, Beavey?