SHOCKER - Poilievre goes super-WOKE !

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well the smart move would be to unlock resources and energy supply, create a national reserve (Norwegian style pension trust fund for all citizens and bank of energy for domestic use), build pipelines for domestic use and energy exports, deregulate housing development along with resource development, scrap carbon taxes, get out of UNDRIP and climate agreements, ban government involvement in the WEF and other private jet gatherings of international elites, and add rights to the Charter, including on property and privacy protection. I’d love to see all attempts by our government to control internet speech ended, as well as a reduction of regulation by CRTC, that kind of thing.

We don’t have to peg the dollar to gold, but building reserves of precious metals over time is probably wise in case faire currency can’t be backstopped through Libor currency swaps.  This is over the heads of most people.  Basically, increase freedom and opportunity is the message.  

Pollyanna

we're talking about Canada here

governance is sclerotic at this juncture

moreover, Canada is not in control of its own destiny

only the Americans could save us

and they can't even save themselves

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Pollyanna

we're talking about Canada here

governance is sclerotic at this juncture

moreover, Canada is not in control of its own destiny

only the Americans could save us

and they can't even save themselves

You may be right, but we have to do what we can domestically.  We can’t rely on a foreign power to save us, especially one as compromised as Biden’s America.  China is far worse and the UN and Europe are basket cases. Making Canada strong and free won’t be easy, but the potential is there.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

You may be right, but we have to do what we can domestically.  We can’t rely on a foreign power to save us, especially one as compromised as Biden’s America.  China is far worse and the UN and Europe are basket cases. Making Canada strong and free won’t be easy, but the potential is there.  

Canadians are going to get what they've always wanted

America is going to get her comeuppance

unfortunately for Canadians,

they are chained to the Americans being dragged down with them

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadians are going to get what they've always wanted

America is going to get her comeuppance

unfortunately for Canadians,

they are chained to the Americans being dragged down with them

There’s only so much we can do, but we can do a lot.  Part of me thinks it’s all directed by the Cabal anyway, but we do have policy choices and if we don’t believe in self-efficacy, might as well pleasure seek until death.  I have to believe that hard work pays off, we can help each other, community has value, and we can basically trust people to do positive things that we freely choose.  If governments don’t support those basics — freedom, opportunity, family, community, caring values — then our problems really are intractable because those are fundamental to a healthy society.

24 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I have to believe that hard work pays off, we can help each other, community has value, and we can basically trust people to do positive things that we freely choose.  If governments don’t support those basics — freedom, opportunity, family, community, caring values — then our problems really are intractable because those are fundamental to a healthy society.

you are fundamentally good

the light shines through you

thus why I enjoy your company so much

your relentless spirit is an inspiration

you are truly one of the best Canadians I have ever had the pleasure to know

Dileas

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you are fundamentally good

the light shines through you

thus why I enjoy your company so much

your relentless spirit is an inspiration

you are truly one of the best Canadians I have ever had the pleasure to know

Dileas

The feeling is mutual.  We bonded when the chips were down in February, 2022.  You see true character in times of crisis.  

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

The feeling is mutual.  We bonded when the chips were down in February, 2022.  You see true character in times of crisis.  

with failing hands, they passed the torch to us

at the going down of the sun and in the morning, we remember them

thus we have no choice, but to follow our grandfathers & great grandfathers over the top

Bydand

7 hours ago, betsy said:

Don't you get it?   This is desperation for all of us.....no matter what stripes.  Look at how politicians are getting all sorts of threats, all the different kinds of violence around us!    This isn't like it used to be anymore.

GET THIS:  THERE IS NO COHESION AMONG US.  NO UNITY. 

Divide and conquer.  TRUDEAU had succeeded in sowing and nurturing DIVISION.  We are starting to reap the fruit of it.

On top of that - he's triggered the looney tunes!

We are moving fast towards  unchartered territories.

We've practically been at each other's throats for decades now.

Did Trudeau use a time machine to go back and undermine our unity?

Apparently he's also personally responsible for inflation and probably even COVID.

Get a grip.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

We've practically been at each other's throats for decades now.

Did Trudeau use a time machine to go back and undermine our unity?

Apparently he's also personally responsible for inflation and probably even COVID.

Get a grip.

Lol - they'd all mishandled Covid - EXCEPT TRUMP! 

They'd demonized Trump when he wouldn't want to shut down businesses and didn't want to order everyone to stay at home!  What are they saying now about the mental health of people because of the shut downs? 

Look how they ended up doing exactly what Trump was doing in the first place!

Lol - of course Trudeau is responsible for the inflation!  Shutting down businesses - many have not recovered and gone bankrupt!    All those who'd spent so much - like Biden - are dealing with the inflation they'd escalated!

Edited by betsy

10 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes - after the risk had subsided and the US lost twice as many per capita than Canada thanks to Dear Leader's smart brain...

See?  No lockdowns!  Fatal to the economy!

Biden’s Omicron Plan: Testing and Vaccines, Not Lockdowns

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-bidens-omicron-plan-testing-and-vaccines-not-lockdowns

Edited by betsy

On 9/16/2022 at 6:16 AM, Michael Hardner said:

5) I still don't get the connection between 'woke' and 'lazy'.  The wokest people I know work in restaurants and the film industry - and those are lines of work where you work hard physically

The wokest politicians are people like AOC and the squad who beg for help with their student loans while everyone else on earth pays off their business loans, car loans, mtgs, etc.

The wokest people are the welfare bums who burn, loot and riot with impunity because they have no jobs to lose if they get caught. 

The wokest people are fat with blue or pink hair, they have nose rings and facial tattoos, etc. 

You can spot woke people from a mile away, they're typically gross. 

6) I don't think they support MSM as much as you think they do. 

I think it's more of a case where they support the MSM more than they think they do.

Reality is that M Brown wasn't a gentle giant at all: he was an angry loser criminal. When wokists took to the streets "in support of M Brown" they were really just being CNN toadies by supporting their bullshit narrative.

I don't think they support the police any more than conservatives are against the police.

The police and the FBI are entirely different things: police fight crime in their communities and the FBI are political operators like the KGB who see fighting crime as a prop to boost their credibility.

Wokists love the FBI because wokists don't care about laws either and they also live and breathe for the Dems. 

Conservatives don't hate police at all, but we do hate activists with badges. 

7) No... fascism oppresses minority groups... and LGBTQ2S have lived through suffering in ways that you and I haven't... scorn and physical attacks

1) FYI not all LGBTQ people are leftists or wokists, they're 2 separate groups. I'll agree that where the two groups mix, you do get some of the most militant, idiotic wokists. 

2) Wokists are generally naive and stupid people, and they've been sucked into this pseudovax BS hard. They completely lack empathy for the vax-injured, they just can't let go of the SJW status that they get from shouting down "anti-vaxxers". 

8 ) Do you know any in real life ?  Honest question.  If you only get impressions from media then that doesn't count.

Yes, I meet wokists all the time. One of our daughters has a masters degree, she's spent enough time on campus to be indoctrinated to the point where she often says things that she knows to be false. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1.The wokest politicians are people like AOC and the squad who beg for help with their student loans while everyone else on earth pays off their business loans, car loans, mtgs, etc.

2. The wokest people are the welfare bums who burn, loot and riot with impunity because they have no jobs to lose if they get caught. 

3. The wokest people are fat with blue or pink hair, they have nose rings and facial tattoos, etc. 

You can spot woke people from a mile away, they're typically gross. 

1.  Loan forgiveness is a problem for many - I get it.  But it's not "laziness"
2. I think this is a guess at best.  
3. I'll just stop there... this is your guesswork based on a media stereotype... still don't know why nose rings means "lazy" either.  Sounds like you don't like the stereotype and want to associate bad things with them.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Harper didn't have a left bone in his body stop spewing bs and comments like a teenager 

So then, what did Harper really do all that much to try and fight liberalism? All Harper did while the PM was to knock off a few bucks from the CBC payroll. Harper should have abolished the CBC altogether while he had the chance to do so. A real and true conservative would have dumped that pro leftist liberal outfit tout suite. Only a politically incorrect non-woke conservative man like me would have the balls to make such a comment like I just did above. Would you? ?

17 hours ago, eyeball said:

Bullshit its all bullshit. More twaddle has been seriously expended about the threat of totalitarianism these last couple years then there was about Islam following 9/11. 

The reason for dispatching the twaddle should be obvious.

You guys are really starting to sound desperate.  Political desperation is just another step towards political violence.

If PP is serious about attracting serious voters he should start dispatching the totalitarian hooey so many of his followers engage in spreading.

Far too early to get desperate, at least 3 years to go if the coalition of dumb and dumber holds together.

Then you got nothing to worry about, relax grab some popcorn and watch the show, we still got 3/4 of the movie to watch. lots of shit is still going to happen between then and now, much more twaddle as you put it to come. ... who knows maybe another conservative convention, nobody knows, unless you're afraid of them?  

26 minutes ago, taxme said:

So then, what did Harper really do all that much to try and fight liberalism? All Harper did while the PM was to knock off a few bucks from the CBC payroll. Harper should have abolished the CBC altogether while he had the chance to do so. A real and true conservative would have dumped that pro leftist liberal outfit tout suite. Only a politically incorrect non-woke conservative man like me would have the balls to make such a comment like I just did above. Would you? ?

CBC is government owned and far from a pro leftist liberal outfit I seen them attack liberals and I see them attack conservatives just because they don't act like rebel news or fox news WHICH ARE BOTH HEAVY RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVE PRO MEDIA.  doesn't mean they are pro liberal stop the bs

Edited by Jack9000
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

CBC is government owned and far from a pro leftist liberal outfit I seen them attack liberals and I see them attack conservatives just because they don't act like rebel news or fox news WHICH ARE BOTH HEAVY RIGHT WING CONSERVATIVE PRO MEDIA.  doesn't mean they are pro liberal stop the bs

The CBC is heavily subsidized by the taxpayer's of Canada. But we the taxpayer's have no say into how things will run at the CBC. When the CBC attacks the liberals, it is with easy and nice loving questions that will not make the liberals look bad, but only good. When the CBC ask questions of the conservatives, it is always with questions that will try and make the conservatives look bad. 

The liberals pretty much own and use the CBC for themselves to help the lieberals push their globalist Marxist programs and agendas on Canadians. The CBC would never dare to attack and mock the Marxist dicktator in Ottawa. They already know as to where their bread and butter comes from. So stop with the bullshit yourself, will you.  ?

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

The CBC is heavily subsidized by the taxpayer's of Canada. But we the taxpayer's have no say into how things will run at the CBC. When the CBC attacks the liberals, it is with easy and nice loving questions that will not make the liberals look bad, but only good. When the CBC ask questions of the conservatives, it is always with questions that will try and make the conservatives look bad. 

The liberals pretty much own and use the CBC for themselves to help the lieberals push their globalist Marxist programs and agendas on Canadians. The CBC would never dare to attack and mock the Marxist dicktator in Ottawa. They already know as to where their bread and butter comes from. So stop with the bullshit yourself, will you.  ?

More bs like usual from your posts.. the CBC is as close to neutral media as your gonna get in this country so don't even try pushing this nonsense lol. you calling the prime minister a marxist and "dicktator" proves how childish you really are and you are nothing more then another far right groupie on these forums.

Edited by Jack9000
  • Haha 1