Question for Trudeau Haters....

2 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yes. Something is going on.When all is said and done, hopefully we'll be privy to the outcome.

Indoctrinated? In what? Team spirit? Look...Your kids will learn good life lessons. No Hockey Canada person is going to show up in your kid's change room and explain the seedy side of things to them. In fact, just to become a coach now, one has to take a course that involves all sorts of social directives. Nobody's poisoning any kid's mind with the crap you suggest.

The only thing "oozing" here, is your activist tendencies and natural over-reaction.

So what would you do if you found out about any measure of hazing on your team? Kick the player/s off the team even they're the ones with a "shot"? 

6 minutes ago, Boges said:

So what would you do if you found out about any measure of hazing on your team? Kick the player/s off the team even they're the ones with a "shot"? 

Funny you should ask...

Never seen hazing on a minor hockey team. But the players tend to move around a lot so...not happening.

But one of the kids I coached did get into a fight one game and in his anger he called the guy he was fighting with a nig**-bitch. I didn't hear it from the bench, but when I heard, I was suitabley grossed out and spoke with him about it. The league suspended him for the rest of the season, but let him play in the play-offs. He was one of our team's best forwards, but we did alright without him.

When he came back...he kept his hands to himself and his mouth clean. We won the league BTW...

Edited by Nationalist

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Yes. Something is going on.When all is said and done, hopefully we'll be privy to the outcome.

Indoctrinated? In what? Team spirit? Look...Your kids will learn good life lessons. No Hockey Canada person is going to show up in your kid's change room and explain the seedy side of things to them. In fact, just to become a coach now, one has to take a course that involves all sorts of social directives. Nobody's poisoning any kid's mind with the crap you suggest.

The only thing "oozing" here, is your activist tendencies and natural over-reaction.

But would you have suspended him. Maybe you didn't have the authority. 

My views are my views. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I've seen enough from hockey players I know to come to the conclusion it promotes a meat-head culture. 

The reason we're talking about it in this thread is because of JT. I think it's perfectly in the purview of the PM to comment on an organization that is heavily funded through Federal Dollars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

But would you have suspended him. Maybe you didn't have the authority. 

My views are my views. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I've seen enough from hockey players I know to come to the conclusion it promotes a meat-head culture. 

The reason we're talking about it in this thread is because of JT. I think it's perfectly in the purview of the PM to comment on an organization that is heavily funded through Federal Dollars. 

If the league hadn't, I would have benched him. BTW...when the team heard what he said, they were OK with the suspension too.

A meat-head culture...Gawd I really do feel sorry for your kids.

The PM can and will comment on all sorts of things. Most of which he has little to no idea about.

I would say that you and he have the same opinion of hockey.

6 hours ago, Boges said:

Ford came to the Centre. 

Ford actually supported reasonable COVID restrictions. O'Toole was celebrating the end of COVID with Kenney last Summer.

That was last summer. And I should point out that the communities LEAST in favour of mandates and lockdowns were the ethnic communities who populate the suburbs and exurbs of Toronto and Vancouver.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:48 PM, eyeball said:

Being an anti vaxxer is a much better indicator of abject ignorance.

It's just a coincidence that abject ignorance is also a hallmark of racism.

If that was the case the left must be dumb as posts...and racist as f###..

The Democratic Party’s History of Slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK – Social Justice Survival Guide

29 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Who currently supports things like the Confederate flag these days….  liberals or conservatives?

Today no parties supports the use of the confederate flag, it has been canceled like so many other things today, as it was high jacked by racist groups like the KKK, which at one time the majority of it's members were democratic...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It sounds like they're spending public money to protect those players' reputations though 

Not sure what your definition of "public money" is.

Players were named. Innocent or guilty, unproven and therefore, reputation tarnished regardless.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Boges said:

So your standard is what can be proven in court?

I don't think Sponsors share that same standard. 

There is already ample evidence that women were paid off. 

As should yours.

Sponsors have publicity to keep. Easiest to bail than wait to find out if the charges are valid.
Certainly there is evidence there were payouts but, were the claims valid?? Can a baseless accusation result an a cash payout?

Not defending anyone, just saying that without actual charges, proper investigations and ability for the accusted to defend themselves, it is hush money.

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Where did I mention the word “party”?

Who currently supports things like the Confederate flag these days….  liberals or conservatives?

I might be wrong but the above are 2 political parties in Canada

5 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Today no parties supports the use of the confederate flag, it has been canceled like so many other things today, as it was high jacked by racist groups like the KKK, which at one time the majority of it's members were democratic...

the flag that has been "cancelled" is not the Confederate flag

the flag most refer to as the "Confederate Flag" is not the flag of the Confederacy

the infamous colours in question

is the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia

although, the Battle Flag is in fact none other than the  Protestant Scots Irish St. Andrew's Cross

All right, Neither party supports this flag any more, as the flag has been canceled in all states, it was high jacked by racist parties, one set up and it's original members "democrats" and that is what todays cancel culture sees, so now it is gone.

The Original flag was a battle flag for Confederated troops.  

The Democratic Party’s History of Slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK – Social Justice Survival Guide

Edited by Army Guy

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

All right, Neither party supports this flag any more, as the flag has been canceled in all states, it was high jacked by racist parties, one set up and it's original members "democrats" and that is what todays cancel culture sees, so now it is gone.

The Original flag was a battle flag for Confederated troops.  

Where did I ask about parties?  Why do you keep twisting my question?

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

Where did I ask about parties?  Why do you keep twisting my question?

The flag has been highjacked by several racist groups, and cancel culture has canceled the battle flag for those reasons.

those Racist groups are democratic, unless you have proof other wise, or history is wrong so the answer to your question is this Liberals 

the Army of Northern Virginia, under command of Marse Robert,  adopted the St Andrew's Cross fest

hence it is known as the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia

in a British Army would say the "Colours" of the Army of Northern Virginia

but it proved so popular with the troops, that it was quickly adopted by the Army of Tennessee as well

one thing to understand, is that Canada was totally on the side of the Confederacy

Canada lived in fear of them Yankees ever since 1812

Canada was a sanctuary for the Confederates, throughout & after the Civil War

the intelligence service for the Confederate States Army was based in a hotel on Front Street in Toronto

after the war, many Confederates  fled to Canada

Jefferson Davis toured Canada after being released from prison, and was feted as a hero

because Canada is in fact the Confederacy which won the war and lived to tell the tale

that Glorious Union, which crushed Dixie under its heel, being Canada's oldest & only natural enemy

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Don't they get federal government funding?

A little bit but, it mostly comes from player and club fees and registrations and sponsors.

"Hockey Canada relies on government funding for six per cent of its annual budget, "

• Like 1