Tamara Lich to Receive George Jonas Freedom Award, Our Hate-Mongering PM will be Furious

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If the MSM manages to insert Charest into the leadership of the CPC

Yes a good example. Liberal, Conservative I lost count of his transitions who cares you can change them like gloves, the important part is: to rule. Without any checks, accountability or indeed, responsibility. And that never changes.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  That is why I asked.  Thank you for answering and good for you for backing up your convictions.

2.  Ok.

3. Again, you put words in my mouth.  Of course I would take action against a dictatorship.

Here's a hint, based on how I just responded to you:

1. You said you didn't think there should be a 'fight'.
2. I thought... that's weird - he seems to think we are in a dictatorship so why would Nationalist be so complacent
3. I took 2 minutes to search your posts for 'dictatorship' 'Trudeau is' and so on and found that in fact you have NOT stated that we are in a dictatorship, although perhaps on a path to oe.
4. Having educated myself as to your position, I replied to 1. and 2. to acknowledge that your points made sense to me.

My two cents.  Have a great day and thank you for posting on MapleLeafWeb

MapleLeafWeb?

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Only?

"The federal gov't only stripped the basic right to buy food from 206 political opponents, most of whom committed no crimes..."

Yup, only.

Responded to the post "Yeah and even donors accounts were frozen. "  and your statement "the bank accounts of dissidents were frozen by our fascist gov"

Some of you guys make it sound like everyone at the protests had accounts frozen when in fact it was only a few.

More likely more people got frozen noses than frozen accounts LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

People's accounts were frozen for giving small donations to the Freedom Convoy. That's not a crime at all. 

Rebel News reporters often end up on the ground for getting too close to Trudeau, and by "too close" I mean 5x as far away as other reporters. It's not a crime for Rebel News reporters to cover the PM. 

This country doesn't resemble a free democracy and people like you are encouraging its downfall. 

I disagree.   I think the frozen accounts were only of big donors who were supporting something illegal such as blockading the border or the illegal occupation of downtown Ottawa.  Any small donors who had their accounts frozen were likely unfrozen soon after.  The government only took this measure of freezing certain accounts because they had to stop the illegal activities that were going on and restore order.  Law and order is a government's main function.

As for the Rebel News reporters being assaulted or interfered with, I don't agree with that. 

If the government did not take action to stop anarchists and illegal blockades, occupations, you would have a downfall of government and end up with a dictatorship like in the many other countries.  Special interest groups like the so-called Freedom Convoy are anarchists and cannot be allowed to take over this country.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

when in fact it was only a few.

What kind of an argument is "a few"? How many is "a few"? How many violations is enough for the right to remain only on paper? But of course, as many as they wouldn't care to notice. Putin started with "a few", then only a few more. And look where it got him.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, myata said:

What kind of an argument is "a few"? How many is "a few"? How many violations is enough for the right to remain only on paper? But of course, as many as they wouldn't care to notice. Putin started with "a few", then only a few more. And look where it got him.

No argument at all. 

A few, in this instance is 206, out of the many thousands or maybe even tens of thousands that that participated and/or donated to the 2 funds so yes, a few.

Putin has nothing to do with this. You keep bringing up Putin and it is just plain stupid, pointless, showing single mindedness and it is more than getting old.

Edited by ExFlyer

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

No argument at all. 

A few, in this instance is 206, out of the many thousands or maybe even tens of thousands that that participated and/or donated to the 2 funds so yes, a few.

Putin has nothing to do with this. You keep bringing up Putin and it is just plain stupid, pointless, showing single mindedness and it is more than getting old.

So its OK for the government to target my bank account because of a Go Fund Me I donated too?  That's a little orwellian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

So its OK for the government to target my bank account because of a Go Fund Me I donated too?  That's a little orwellian.

Did I or anyone say that?

My response was to someone that wanted to know if 206 is a few and, it is, considering the scale of participation and people that donated (and they are not necessary the same).

You have no idea who had their accounts frozen or for what reasons. Your reasoning is Orwellian (by the pure definition of the phrase).

Edited by ExFlyer

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

I think the frozen accounts were only of big donors 

Smaller donators also had their accounts frozen.

the illegal occupation of downtown Ottawa. 

You should stop saying this. It was ruled a legal protest.

Freedom Convoy Truckers Were Right - Judge Rules Protest Legal - City Of Ottawa To Be Sued - The Washington Standard

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

No argument at all. 

A few, in this instance is 206

Your saying so is either ignorant or plain wrong. It's two hundred and six, until ruled otherwise by an independent and competent court (do we have one left?) violations of rights of citizens.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

Quoted:

Wilson also clarified that the Freedom Convoy protest was not illegal at any point, even though Prime Minister Trudeau called it illegal, and big media went along with it.

In fact, an Ontario superior court judge sided with the convoy. When an injunction against honking horns was declared, the court also stated that “provided the terms of this Order are complied with, the defendants and other persons remain at liberty to engage in a peaceful, lawful and safe protest.”

Yes we should be very worried with the direction the country is taking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myata said:

Your saying so is either ignorant or plain wrong. It's two hundred and six, until ruled otherwise by an independent and competent court (do we have one left?) violations of rights of citizens.

Yeah, perspective, ..... 206 out of tens of thousands and like I said, you do not know why or who just blowing a horn.

Don't fall off your pedestal LOL

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Yup, only.

Responded to the post "Yeah and even donors accounts were frozen. "  and your statement "the bank accounts of dissidents were frozen by our fascist gov"

Some of you guys make it sound like everyone at the protests had accounts frozen when in fact it was only a few.

More likely more people got frozen noses than frozen accounts LOL

It doesn't matter that it happened to less than 500 people. 

The fact is that it was a deplorable tactic which undermined confidence in our banking system and it never should have been used for political reasons.

Who else has done something that serious for no other reason than protecting their own political crimes aside from Trudeau and the Nazis?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

I disagree.   I think the frozen accounts were only of big donors who were supporting something illegal such as blockading the border or the illegal occupation of downtown Ottawa. 

No, they weren't. People had their accounts frozen for donations as small as $100. 

Does it matter?

Foreigners donated tens of millions of dollars to the Trudeau Foundation while he was involved in scandals against our country. I'm pretty sure he sill has access to his accounts. 

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

Freedom Convoy Truckers Were Right - Judge Rules Protest Legal - City Of Ottawa To Be Sued - The Washington Standard

No I think it was illegal.  They were illegally honking horns, blocking the streets, harassing people, shutting down businesses.  Hundreds of tickets were issued for illegality, and many people were charged for offenses.  Some were charged with criminal offenses.  Nobody in their right mind would say it was "legal".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

No I think it was illegal.  They were illegally honking horns, blocking the streets, harassing people, shutting down businesses. 

Dude, people weren't harassed at all and neither were businesses. Those are all lies by our msm that were debunked.

The only interruption to local businesses was at the discretion of the local and federal government.

Hundreds of tickets were issued for illegality, and many people were charged for offenses.  Some were charged with criminal offenses.  Nobody in their right mind would say it was "legal".

We've heard all the nonsense from CBC, CTV etc about all the awful activity at the Freedom Convoy protests and how peaceful the BLM protests were, we're just not buying it.

You can say it 'til the cows come home but I'm not going full-retard with you. 

Pretty much every minute of the Freedom Convoy was surrunded by our MSM, desperate to catch them on something.... Do you have any evidence of the illegal activity, or is it just your own esteemed opinion? Do you have a cite with some video evidence? 

The story about the flaming dogshit, PLANTED BY SOME VILE TRUCKERS!, in the apartment building was a bust, there's not much other video evidence that I'm aware of. 

Your post sucked blackbird. It was really atrocious and repugnant based on the level of accusations and the complete lack of evidence. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Dude, people weren't harassed at all and neither were businesses. Those are all lies by our msm that were debunked.

The only interruption to local businesses was at the discretion of the local and federal government.

We've heard all the nonsense from CBC, CTV etc about all the awful activity at the Freedom Convoy protests and how peaceful the BLM protests were, we're just not buying it.

You can say it 'til the cows come home but I'm not going full-retard with you. 

Pretty much every minute of the Freedom Convoy was surrunded by our MSM, desperate to catch them on something.... Do you have any evidence of the illegal activity, or is it just your own esteemed opinion? Do you have a cite with some video evidence? 

The story about the flaming dogshit, PLANTED BY SOME VILE TRUCKERS!, in the apartment building was a bust, there's not much other video evidence that I'm aware of. 

Your post sucked blackbird. It was really atrocious and repugnant based on the level of accusations and the complete lack of evidence. 

We have disagreed all along and will continue to disagree.  I just don't agree with the whole idea that a gang of semi trucks, RVs, motorhomes, can go into the middle of a city and block the streets off, forcing businesses to close, and thousands of people party around, set up camping and occuping the streets for weeks on end.  The whole thing is anarchy.  However, you have a completely different view of the world that doesn't make sense to me.  If they did that on your street or shut down your business so you lost thousands of dollars for weeks on end, you might think differently.  Most Canadians were repulsed by the occupation because it is repulsive.  We will not agree so let's just agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

We have disagreed all along and will continue to disagree.  I just don't agree with the whole idea that a gang of semi trucks, RVs, motorhomes, can go into the middle of a city and block the streets off, forcing businesses to close, and thousands of people party around, set up camping and occuping the streets for weeks on end.  The whole thing is anarchy.  However, you have a completely different view of the world that doesn't make sense to me.  If they did that on your street or shut down your business so you lost thousands of dollars for weeks on end, you might think differently.  Most Canadians were repulsed by the occupation because it is repulsive.  We will not agree so let's just agree to disagree.

In fairness the Trudeau government is also anarchy. Anything goes now

15 hours ago, Goddess said:

In fact, the Judge said "“provided the terms of this Order are complied with, the defendants and other persons remain at liberty to engage in a peaceful, lawful and safe protest.”"

Meaning, if they behaved, they can continue with the protest. Key words are "peaceful, lawful and safe".  Nowhere did the judge say anything about the legality of the protest, only they can carry on "provided the terms of this order are complied with".

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/freedom-convoy-truckers-were-right-judge-rules-protest-legal-city-of-ottawa-to-be-sued/?msclkid=861d9b5ad16511ecb625b2e88a84735c

6 hours ago, West said:

In fairness the Trudeau government is also anarchy.

American declaration of independence. Unaccountable, undemocratic in essence mode of governance always runs into legitimacy problems at some point no matter formal claims and decorations. The facts are there; the detachment of the political outfit from the reality of the country is large, growing and untenable. Many, majority still have a way of not caring. But that can change very quickly. And the debt has its limits too.

15 hours ago, blackbird said:

Hundreds of tickets were issued for illegality, and many people were charged for offenses.

What the media didn't tell you was that the hundreds of offenses were mostly called in by the TRUCKERS because people were slashing their tires and cutting gas and brake lines on their trucks.

11 hours ago, blackbird said:

They weren't there for no reason. They were there for the best reason of all - to stand up for their bodily autonomy.

You're upset by people who were in the streets fighting for the rights to their own veins. You don't have a leg to stand on.