Tamara Lich to Receive George Jonas Freedom Award, Our Hate-Mongering PM will be Furious

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/convoy-organizer-tamara-lich-given-george-jonas-freedom-award

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms is presenting Tamara Lich with the George Jonas Freedom Award on June 16th for her role in organizing the Freedom Convoy. 

Rex Murphy will be the keynote speaker.

Has anyone seen Trudeau comment on this? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very old news... good to see MSM being cited though.

Also I think Tamara isn't allowed back in Ontario - so my understanding is she won't be able to attend...

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/freedom-convoy-leader-tamara-lich-to-be-released-from-custody-1.5807941#:~:text=She may not return to,use it on her behalf.

I hadn’t heard she was up for an award, good for her.  A government that will seize bank accounts without court involvement of any kind, deserves to be opposed at every turn.

Trudeau has seen his last election win.

And Hardner, the worst kind of fool is the educated one.

1 hour ago, sharkman said:

I hadn’t heard she was up for an award, good for her.  A government that will seize bank accounts without court involvement of any kind, deserves to be opposed at every turn.

And Hardner, the worst kind of fool is the educated one.

Their accounts weren't seized, they were frozen. 

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

By multiple entities including various payment platforms that they were the users of.

Given the complaints I read online that truckers weren't getting paid, it's pretty understandable that they needed to verify IDs, and such.  Also banks are very aware that money laundering is very easy via charities like this.

It plays this way: 

I have a bunch of $$$ that I need laundered but fast.  I contact someone on the inside who holds the codes to the GoFundMe account and say - if I donate $100K, you cash it out and keep $10K for yourself and give $90K back to me.  Nobody needs to be the wiser - tell everyone it was an accounting error.

Hickety boo, patriotism wins again...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

That’s what you find objectionable about my post?  Not that the government stopped people from being able to access their funds, but that I used that wrong word?

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

-be-released-from-custody-1.5807941#:~:text=She may not return to,use it on her behalf.

Custody for what? For organizing a peaceful protest at the place of power? Wait, is it Nicaragua, or still Canada?

The only democracy game we're allowed to play here is useless pseudo-elections that change nothing don't mind the smiling head. Ergo, if it's trying to change anything (for real), it has to be in the custody.

Edited by myata

1 hour ago, myata said:

1. Custody for what? For organizing a peaceful protest at the place of power? 

2. The only democracy game we're allowed to play here is useless pseudo-elections that change nothing don't mind the smiling head. 

1. I guess you're just hearing about this? I don't know go Google what the charges are.

2. Armed insurrection is open for you to try.

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

"We will send our dumbest and our grossest to lead them..." - General Patton

"We will send our most supercilious imbecile to lead them..." - LPOC

And yet they will garner followers, not because they are smart or well-spoken, but because a malaise is with us.

And yet they will garner followers, not because they are smart or well-spoken, but because my arse is smarter than the average Torontonian.

"There's a malaise" Jimmy Carter

"There's not enuf uhh mayunnaise in my soks." - Justin Trudeau

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkman said:

I didn't even know about it until today, but the article that I cited was from April 27th. I'm pretty surprised that the news never got around to me. I wonder if there was a social media ban on it for a while.

2 hours ago, myata said:

Custody for what? For organizing a peaceful protest at the place of power? Wait, is it Nicaragua, or still Canada?

In order to be called a peaceful protest by the media you need to loot some stores, assault some innocent civilians & some cops, burn down some low-income housing, tear down some statues, chant about murdering police officers, and block roads & bridges. Our Freedom Convoy only checked 1 of the 6 main boxes (There are no part-marks for just hanging a sign off of a statue). 

I'm really glad that Tamara is being rewarded fo her hard work and her decency. Canadians should be really proud of what the convoy achieved. It is probably one of the largest & longest peaceful protests ever, over an extremely contentious issue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharkman said:

That’s what you find objectionable about my post?  Not that the government stopped people from being able to access their funds, but that I used that wrong word?

The Nazis also froze the bank accounts of their political opponents. It's quite an effective strategy, even if it does undermine confidence in your financial institutions and deters foreign investment. 

4 hours ago, sharkman said:

Seized means they took the money from their accounts. That never happened. 

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

TBH there's not much difference between "freezing" and "seizing" from a peon's pov. The money's there, then it's gone. 

Whether you "get your account seized and then get the money back" or you "get your account frozen and then unfrozen" it's the exact same thing, and it doesn't make a lick of difference to the federal gov't if they seize the assets of one Canadian. 

The main thing is that the government of Canada has started attacking their political enemies using the banking system. That means that the money that you work for isn't yours if you irk the PM.

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

No duh.  You’re going to have to up your game, because it’s much more serious than you are indicating by what you’re paying attention to.

Or not, it won’t stop what’s coming.

I have no problem if accounts of criminals blockading the border and illegally occupying Ottawa were frozen.  Wish they would give as much attention to the criminals who are committing illegal acts daily in cities in B.C. and being arrested and released right away countless times.  One guy smashed a store owner's window with a sledge hammer, was arrested, and sentenced to ONE DAY in prison and a year's probation.  Some of them have been arrested dozens and even hundreds of times and never spent any real time in prison.  What a farce!

The NDP in answer to mayors of cities in B.C.'s concerns, said they appointed someone to study the crime issue for four months.  There you have it.  The complete uselessness of the BC NDP.   I can almost guarantee that the BC NDP will not last past the next election.  Unfortunately that is not for several more long years of criminals ruining the life of law-abiding citizens.

You can see some of the light sentences given out for assault at this website:

Assault (Sentencing Cases) - Criminal Law Notebook (criminalnotebook.ca)

Edited by blackbird

3 hours ago, sharkman said:

No duh.  You’re going to have to up your game, because it’s much more serious than you are indicating by what you’re paying attention to.

Or not, it won’t stop what’s coming.

Really? What's coming in your tin hat world?

13 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

2. Armed insurrection is open for you to try.

Ahaha but of course, and how else in a democracy""? Putin and Chavez are applauding. Putin has 90% support, democratic and he had an "insurrection" too surprise. Try to beat that.

Edited by myata

20 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

"We will send our dumbest and our grossest to lead them..." - General Patton

And yet they will garner followers, not because they are smart or well-spoken, but because a malaise is with us.

"There's a malaise" Jimmy Carter

Yes Mike. And you're in the throughs of said malaise.

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

But this no laughing matter. Pointless quasi-election game that changes nothing whoever "wins" (because the whole point of the system is to allow no meaningful change) is the only token left separating you from them, now true, factual and patent. I would be worried (if I were you).

P.S. and even that is not a given: should a real genuine opponent emerge you could keep them away from fair competition via system barriers, outlandish claims and "charges" in a hand-run justice" system. I can have no confidence that you wouldn't because you have shown preparedness to do pretty much anything, if the right label (as defined by you) is assigned. And that would be already complete Putin, 100%. Congrats: you're almost there.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1