Jump to content

US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

again, it's all about states rights

when states rights breakdown, that will be civil war again

so we are trying to stave off having to go to war

abortion is not the issue

 

Removing rights will stave of civil war?  Are you sure you don't mean oppression will stave off civil war.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Removing rights will stave of civil war?  Are you sure you don't mean oppression will stave off civil war.  

it's not a right

if you want it to be one

amend the constitution

otherwise you don't get to cram it down the states throats at the federal level

the only ones who support removing rights on this issue

is those who support infringing on the states 10th amendment rights

Edited by Yzermandius19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Removing rights will stave of civil war?  Are you sure you don't mean oppression will stave off civil war.  

it wasn't a right

it's not the in the 14th amendment and never was

hence why it has been up in the air since 1973

because the opponents knew it was going to collapse eventually

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dialamah said:

And the same States that will outlaw abortion will take the opportunity to eliminate even more rights.

If it's all about rights, can you explain why so many people are moving out of blue states? Going to red states in fact.

I would concede that it's not necessarily a good thing because these people are fleeing to get away from the bad policies they supported and will likely continue to support in red states. They  can't connect the dots.

Americans Fled Blue States for Red States in Massive Numbers in 2021, Census Finds (freebeacon.com)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Aristides said:

That's the American solution to everything. Ignore the reasons people do things and just put them in jail. Simplistic, lazy and stupid.

So, should we just let murderers out of jail, because we ignore the reasons people do things?  Seems to me that you're the one being simplistic, lazy, and stupid.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ironstone said:

If it's all about rights, can you explain why so many people are moving out of blue states? Going to red states in fact.

I would concede that it's not necessarily a good thing because these people are fleeing to get away from the bad policies they supported and will likely continue to support in red states. They  can't connect the dots.

Americans Fled Blue States for Red States in Massive Numbers in 2021, Census Finds (freebeacon.com)

Economic reasons.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

it's not a right

if you want it to be one

amend the constitution

otherwise you don't get to cram it down the states throats at the federal level

the only ones who support removing rights on this issue

is those who support infringing on the states 10th amendment rights

The court's decision is an infringement of the 14th Amendment, as  it violates women's right to privacy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ironstone said:

That's pretty vague. Do you suppose those "economic reasons" have anything to do with Democratic policies?

I don't know; however, I fully support the movement of liberal people to conservative areas.  The conservative gerrymandering effects will be mitigated, as more people move.  I see it as a win-win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

You are the one who admires them. You support packing a court on ideological basis, you support the attack on elections. You support a man like Trump who does all of those things.

OMG you just can't wake up from your stupid dream world.

The Dems are the ones who committed crimes and had the FBI commit crimes for them on their 4-year campaign to declare the 2016 election illegitimate. The Dems also cheated at the 2016 debates, having CNN give their candidate the questions beforehand. They also cheated to help Hillary win the Dem primary - their stooges in the DNC actually thought that they could choose their own candidate lol, - no so. So the fact of the matter remains that the Dems cheated before the election and then committed known crimes after the election to try to overturn it. 

Then the Dems had tens of thousands of ballots illegally stuffed into drop-boxes in the swing states in the 2020 election, and their MSM declared that the 2020 election was perfectly secure right on election night, before a winner was even known. Why would the cheaters who were so convinced that the 2016 election was stolen suddenly feel like "they knew" the 2020 election was completely free from controversy? Because they knew the fix was in. They knew that ballot boxes were being stuffed. They knew that there were trucks filled with Biden ballots rolling in from out of state in the middle of the night. And any talk about a lack of election integrity in 2020 is considered treasonous now.

Trump didn't actually do any of the BS that you're accusing him of. He appointed judges who follow the letter of the constitution. One of the even voted to support Roe V Wade.

I've never spent a moment supporting an attack on the election, you're lying again. I've never spent a moment supporting any rioting, unlike you. 

Quote

You are the one who would go along with the Nazi rise to power with your blind faith in your dear leader. 

Again, I know that it feels to you like Trump was somehow a fascist, even though he didn't adopt any fascist ways and means, but that's only because you were told to hate him. And FYI no one who ever told you to hate him actually gave legitimate reasons to think of him as a fascist.

Trump isn't the leader who created a gesundheitspass, froze the bank accounts of dissidents, spewed obvious lies/hate/fear-mongering on national TV, abused the power of the PMO to get money into the pockets of his mom and brother, created a law and then assumed control of the AG just to protect a criminal entity, sent the police to beat peaceful protesters after they had surrendered on their knees, had pastors jailed, etc. 

The only thing that you can say about Trump that even compares to Trudeau's hatemongering and fascism is "Trump called all immigrants animals", but that was just another case of the MSM and the Dems lying. 

You're actually a fascist at heart. You even support forcing people to take a fake vaccine that they wouldn't even need if it worked. You're the prototypical useful idiot/fascist supporter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I fully support the movement of liberal people to conservative areas.  The conservative gerrymandering effects will be mitigated, as more people move.  I see it as a win-win.

Liberal policy makes liberal cities unliveable, so the people who voted for their own destruction move to areas where people who are much smarter than them elected better politicians. 

The consolation is that not all leftists are dumb enough to remain loyal to the people who destroyed their cities, that's why Biden has the lowest approval rating ever. 

You may be able to ignore the catastrophes caused by leftist dolts in the USA so that you can belch propaganda & platitudes about leftist from Canada, but people in the US actually have to live in those cities. The crime and destruction matters to them. Eventually it gets too big to ignore.

Just imagine that you live in a pretty city and you like to drink coffee with a friend at a downtown cafe sometimes, but you can't anymore because it's no longer safe, or there's human feces all over the street, or because you don't like to see shops boarded up after looting that occurred when there wasn't even a riot, or because the police were defunded and they're no longer investigating rape cases against adults, or because robbing a store at gunpoint is no longer considered a felony so people just do it all the time now. Plus your kid's school feels like they can talk to your kid about maybe having a sex change, and you're legally banned from discouraging them. 

Not all leftists are too stupid to connect the dots. They know who appointed their DA. They know which politicians support violence and defunding the police. They know why there's massive inflation. They know better than to vote Dem/Lib again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone and everyone that is upset about Roe v Wade being overturned, what were you content  with? Even in California there were some limitations for abortions.

Were any limits reasonable to you? First trimester? Second? Did you want the limit right up to the moment of birth? Or perhaps even beyond that?

I ask this question because many opponents of this recent decision are making very strong claims like the US is going back to the dark ages and so on. It seems there are more restrictions on abortion in Europe as compared to the US yet it doesn't seem to be as contentious an issue over there.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I don't know; however, I fully support the movement of liberal people to conservative areas.  The conservative gerrymandering effects will be mitigated, as more people move.  I see it as a win-win.

You don't see the irony of people having to move because of bad policies they supported in their blue state?

Making it unaffordable and then spreading the misery by voting for progressives again in the red state? Ok got it.🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, West said:

All leftist drivel. 

Lots of disinformation out there in the New York Slimes. They also claimed the former president worked with Vladamir

 

 

One was the New York Post.

One was the BBC.

One was the Business Insider 

It doesn't matter what is linked that goes against your narrative and ignorance, you will just blow it off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ironstone said:

For anyone and everyone that is upset about Roe v Wade being overturned, what were you content  with? Even in California there were some limitations for abortions.

Were any limits reasonable to you? First trimester? Second? Did you want the limit right up to the moment of birth? Or perhaps even beyond that?

I ask this question because many opponents of this recent decision are making very strong claims like the US is going back to the dark ages and so on. It seems there are more restrictions on abortion in Europe as compared to the US yet it doesn't seem to be as contentious an issue over there.

 

I'd be content with viability, as long as the mother wasn't somehow endangered by carrying the baby to term.  Viability is considered to be around 24 weeks.

Virtually no woman is going to choose to abort a baby in the third trimester without very compelling reason.  

If you think that there isn't significant portion of Americans who want a theocracy, you haven't been paying attention.  They may not realize that's what they're rooting for, but when you have people declaring that the States is built on Christianity and that's its losing it's Christianity, and pushing for laws based on biblical principles, what else can you call it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

 

 

One was the New York Post.

One was the BBC.

One was the Business Insider 

It doesn't matter what is linked that goes against your narrative and ignorance, you will just blow it off.

Either way she wasn't imprisoned for "having a miscarriage"... she was imprisoned for taking illicit drugs causing the death of the child.

To suggest otherwise is being dishonest 

Edited by West
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ironstone said:

You don't see the irony of people having to move because of bad policies they supported in their blue state?

Making it unaffordable and then spreading the misery by voting for progressives again in the red state? Ok got it.🙄

I do see the irony.  But perhaps a more equal division between red and blue in any State would result in more balance between between progressive and conservative policies, and overall a better place to live for everyone.

But I think that's a pipe dream - political corruption and division is the name of the game now, and that's likely going to lead to some kind of disaster.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, West said:

Either way she wasn't imprisoned for "having a miscarriage"... she was imprisoned for taking illicit drugs causing the death of the child.

To suggest otherwise is being dishonest 

She sure as hell was, you don't get charged with manslaughter for taking drugs. Next thing you know a women will be charged with manslaughter if she has a miscarriage due to a vehicle accident where she was at fault or any other misadventure.

You are the one being dishonest.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...silliness and desperation.

If you don't like the US Constitution...YOU can move.

Geez if you could ever stop your mindless raving and let what you read sink through your dim, milk like perception, it would be perfectly obvious I'm NOT and American and would never want to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, West said:

Do you think the federal government should be involved in, say, city zoning?

Duh, are you comparing civil rights to zoning bylaws? Or endorsing the majority decisions of the smallest, most exclusive demographic that affects a larger one as 'democracy'?

Or just knee-jerk replying to the fist thing that pops into your mouth before what you read sinks thru the layer of diarrhea before it hits the brain?

Edited by herbie
forgot to include obligatory insults
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, herbie said:

Duh, are you comparing civil rights to zoning bylaws? Or endorsing the majority decisions of the smallest, most exclusive demographic as 'democracy'?

Or just knee-jerk replying to the fist thing that pops into your mouth before what you read sinks thru the layer of diarrhea before it hits the brain?

Murdering babies isn't a civil right. Suggesting otherwise shows you are void of a conscience. 

The point, which alludes you, is separation of powers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Aristides said:

She sure as hell was, you don't get charged with manslaughter for taking drugs. Next thing you know a women will be charged with manslaughter if she has a miscarriage due to a vehicle accident where she was at fault or any other misadventure.

You are the one being dishonest.

Would be the same if she was driving intoxicated causing death to a two year old or if she fed her child meth causing an overdose. 

Thank you now you get it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I'd be content with viability, as long as the mother wasn't somehow endangered by carrying the baby to term.  Viability is considered to be around 24 weeks.

Virtually no woman is going to choose to abort a baby in the third trimester without very compelling reason.  

If you think that there isn't significant portion of Americans who want a theocracy, you haven't been paying attention.  They may not realize that's what they're rooting for, but when you have people declaring that the States is built on Christianity and that's its losing it's Christianity, and pushing for laws based on biblical principles, what else can you call it.

This is what the Democrats were proposing.

Backlash builds after Dems vote to legalize abortion up to birth (msn.com)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Popular Now

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,350
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    TomT
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • Tony Hladun went up a rank
      Explorer
    • TomT earned a badge
      First Post
    • Contrarian went up a rank
      Veteran
    • ptif219 earned a badge
      First Post
    • waterman32 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...