US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

She says stupid things every night, so be warned.

She's conflating two separate topics, and saying something completely stupid, so she's just wrong. 

"Pro-life" is a well-known term which means that you're in favour of protecting the lives of the unborn once they've reached a certain stage of their gestation period.

Being in favour of health care doesn't mean that you wouldn't stab a baby in the head ten minutes before it's born.  Therefor it's not "pro-life", as we've come to understand that term.

She's being duplicitous and you're her stooge. 

Sort of, but not in the way that Dems would restrict guns. Dems aren't against criminals possessing guns at all, and those are the guns that take almost all of the lives lost every single year. The lives that would be saved by the Dems' version of gun control are a drop in the bucket.

It works for Saudi Arabia, because the people who fight for climate change aren't fighting against Saudi oil, they're fighting for Saudi Oil, and against North American oil production. Sebastien Vettel is a perfect example - he has a Saudi Oil co. as a sponsor and he rages against Alberta oil. 

Sebastien Vettel isn't pro-life, he's bought and paid for. 

The people who fly in private jets and then pontificate about climate change aren't pro-life, they're liars & hypocrites and you're their stooge. 

Which doctors? Did you know that in the US & Canada doctors can receive consideration from drug companies for prescriptions which they dole out and they don't have to disclose it to you?

For example, they can be receiving nice vacations to Caribbean Islands s that they can attend conferences about the benefits of Lipitor every year, as long as they give out enough prescriptions, and they can prescribe Lipitor to you without telling you about their vacays.

FYI not all doctors are in favour of the Pflacebo, they're just censured if they're skeptical about it.  

That's not a real thing. It's like if I said "Pinning kids down and torturing them until they accept the vax is pro-choice".

No one does that to kids. It's just a straw man argument.

Republicans are against stupid bullshit, so of course they're at odds with you & Chelsea.

Republicans are pro-sense.

It makes sense to allow abortions up to a certain period of gestation. Republicans are in favour of that, as they should be.

Republicans are against allowing abortions past a certain period of gestation. That makes sense

At both ends of each spectrum there are idiots. People who would force teens to have babies which are the product of rape are stupid and they should be disregarded. People who think that a woman should have the right to kill a perfectly healthy baby, at full term, the moment before birth are idiots, and they should be disregarded. 

The Republicans are at a healthy part of the bell curve, where common sense and human rights intersect. You can treat a healthy fetus like a tumour up until 15 weeks or some such. Then you need a very good reason to treat it like a tumour. 

Mainstream Dems are creating laws which say that the unborn have no human rights at any time during a pregnancy and that's sickening. A 9.5 month-old fetus isn't like a tumour in any way. They have dreams. They choose to drink more amniotic fluid if their mom eats something yummy, or less if their mom smokes or drinks alcohol. They're not tumours. They're humans inside of a womb. Chelsea Handler doesn't understand that. Chelsea Handler is a living abortion. 

States like Oklahoma, Louisiana and Utah are ensuring women have no rights at any time during a pregnancy.

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

No one does that to kids. It's just a straw man argument.

It's not.  No abortion means no abortion. 

It means an 11 yr old who is raped has to carry that baby and very likely die in childbirth.

It means women who are raped cannot get the morning after pill to prevent implantation of a potential embryo.

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

States like Oklahoma, Louisiana and Utah are ensuring women have no rights at any time during a pregnancy.

If that's true, it's retarded and it won't last.

It's almost political suicide to take such an idiotic stance so I really doubt it's that extreme. 

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It means an 11 yr old who is raped has to carry that baby and very likely die in childbirth.

It means women who are raped cannot get the morning after pill to prevent implantation of a potential embryo.

wrong

92% disagree with this position 

only 8% agree with that

and the 8% aren't taking over

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

No one worth listening to is there.

The people who would encourage you to believe that Republicans are there are liars. 

15 weeks is what's widely regarded as sensible. After 15 weeks there needs to be a better reason than "I changed my mind". 

I lost my job and my husband ran off with his cousin is a good reason. The baby has severe Down's syndrome and won't live 3 months is a good reason. There are good reasons and there are insufficient reasons for ending a human life. It gets tricky. It's a serious topic which deserves extremely serious consideration, and no liars should be allowed to have a voice. They just muddy the waters.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

She says stupid things every night, so be warned.

I can tell the difference. I judge stupid by what is said, no who said it.

She's conflating two separate topics, and saying something completely stupid, so she's just wrong. 

"Pro-life" is a well-known term which means that you're in favour of protecting the lives of the unborn once they've reached a certain stage of their gestation period.

Being in favour of health care doesn't mean that you wouldn't stab a baby in the head ten minutes before it's born.  Therefor it's not "pro-life", as we've come to understand that term.

Pro life is protecting all lives, not just picking and choosing. If you aren't prepared to protect all lives, don't call yourself pro life, because you aren't.

She's being duplicitous and you're her stooge. 

Sort of, but not in the way that Dems would restrict guns. Dems aren't against criminals possessing guns at all, and those are the guns that take almost all of the lives lost every single year. The lives that would be saved by the Dems' version of gun control are a drop in the bucket.

How? Real background checks and assault weapons bans? Making sure crazies don't get guns? Mass shootings have increased drastically since the assault weapons ban was lifted.

It works for Saudi Arabia, because the people who fight for climate change aren't fighting against Saudi oil, they're fighting for Saudi Oil, and against North American oil production. Sebastien Vettel is a perfect example - he has a Saudi Oil co. as a sponsor and he rages against Alberta oil. 

Sebastien Vettel isn't pro-life, he's bought and paid for. 

Vettel gets about 500K a year from endorsements, mostly from clothing companies, he gets nothing from oil companies. He makes about 16 million US with Aston Martin, 30 million plus bonuses when he was with Ferrari. His endorsement deals are peanuts compared to most pro athletes and that is intentional. Just because Aston Martin may have an oil company sponsor doesn't mean he does, nor does he get to tell Aston Martin who they do business with. He has been very critical of Saudi sports washing.

Which doctors? Did you know that in the US & Canada doctors can receive consideration from drug companies for prescriptions which they dole out and they don't have to disclose it to you?

Public health officials, They do not, nor are they allowed to.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

I can tell the difference. I judge stupid by what is said, no who said it.

Pro life is protecting all lives, not just picking and choosing. If you aren't prepared to protect all lives, don't call yourself pro life, because you aren't.

Now you're just lying. You know exactly what "pro-life" means and it has nothing to do with any of those other things. 

She's conflating issues, which is exactly what I said, and even so she's wrong anyways. If the Dems were pro-life they'd be pro-police and they wouldn't be letting criminals keep their guns. 

How? Real background checks and assault weapons bans? Making sure crazies don't get guns? Mass shootings have increased drastically since the assault weapons ban was lifted.

Rifles kill about 400 people a year in the US. Handguns kill 20X as many people. The Dems are adamant that the police can't disarm criminals. That's the exact opposite of "pro-life".

Vettel gets about 500K a year from endorsements, mostly from clothing companies, he gets nothing from oil companies. He makes about 16 million US with Aston Martin, 30 million plus bonuses when he was with Ferrari. His endorsement deals are peanuts compared to most pro athletes and that is intentional. Just because Aston Martin may have an oil company sponsor doesn't mean he does, nor does he get to tell Aston Martin who they do business with. He has been very critical of Saudi sports washing.

Aramco is all over his racing uniform. FYI that's a Saudi refinery.

https://www.aramco.com/#

The Aramco and Aston Martin Racing strategic partnership

Vettel is a Saudi oil shill who's lying about NA oil like a good little Saudi puppet.

It's laughable to see leftards shrugging off Trudeau's crimes, the Bidens' crimes, the connection between Saudi oil and the global warming anti-NA-oil initiatives, and 2020 election cheating and then put so much stock in Russian collusion and the Pflacebo. 

Aristedes: "Ok, there's a Saudi oil refinery logo on his racing gear but that doesn't mean that he's connected to them in any way. He's a global warming champion!" ?

Holy dumbfucks, Batman! F1 does NOTHING BUT BURN OIL!!!!!! It's their fucking JOB! The cars just go in circles burning hydrocarbons at a furious pace for 2+ hours, then they get loaded on trucks and planes which burn several times as much oil and go all across the globe. His sport is literally a shrine to burning fossil fuels. 

Then when he's not burning fossil fuels, he says "Get your fossil fuels from my sponsors, not their competitors." and you fall for it like the king of chumps. 

Public health officials, They do not, nor are they allowed to.

Oh gimme a break ffs. You said Drs: I quoted you. You're the one who was acting like Drs could always be trusted and they never have any ulterior motives. I proved you wrong, then you tried to switch the topic.

And FYI, public health officials are no better. Dr Fauci is arguably the biggest covid weasel in NA outside of Cuomo and Trudeau. 

He talked about vaccines and herd immunity all the time. He said that vaccinated people didn't need to worry about getting infected. They wouldn't get sick. They wouldn't get as sick. They would't go to hospital. They wouldn't end up in ICU. Then he said that he never said that the vaccines would get us to herd immunity. Then he said that they wouldn't die. Then it was, OK they die, but just the elderly and the ones with life-threatening medical conditions... Uh, that's the exact same as it always has been for the unvaccinated, but he would never acknowledge that before, he just pimped the fear as if it was equal for everyone. 

Are you honestly trying to tell me that Fauci isn't a fucking weasel? Are you honestly trying to tell me that Fauci isn't the biggest fucking weasel (not counting politicians) that we've ever seen on TV? 

Get your head out of your ass, Aristedes. Not for my sake, nor for this forum. Do it for yourself. Do it because it's the right thing to do. Stop being a fucking liar and weasel. You'll feel better instantly. 

The only adds I have ever seen Vettel do were a few Infinity adds when he drove for Red Bull. 

You are such an angry man. You should get some help.

Castrol has sponsored both the NFL and Australian Rugby Union. I guess all their players are shills for Castrol

Edited by Aristides

On 6/26/2022 at 11:59 PM, West said:

Do you think the federal government should be involved in, say, city zoning? 

The divide is philosophical differences. Republicans ironically are the one who believe choices are best made at the local/state level. 

Democrats want to rule from afar by dictating policy from Washington the people simply don't want

What a crock of shit.  And hypocritical. 

1) If what you say is true them why do you want “rule from afar” when it comes to guns then and are completely against local/state gun laws?

2) Constitutional Rights aren’t “rule from afar” they’re the opposite of being ruled

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 12:21 AM, West said:

You people are off your rocker. 

Kavanaugh et al are originalists. That was very clear in their hearings. 

Issues like abortion were decided at the state level for 150 years. Only until democrats couldn't actually pass anything did they start abusing the court. Thankfully this restores the basic fabric to the people

“Originalist” is a made up term meant to lend legitimacy to people who literally want to roll back rights to the 18th century when America was an agricultural society ruled exclusively by wealthy land-owning white male aristocrats, and a time women weren’t even considered people under the law. We supposedly only have rights literally as they were described and imagined by these ancient elites over 200 years ago 

Except for guns.. when it comes to the 2nd amendment all pretence of  that “originalist” bullshit conveniently goes right out the window and the sky’s the limit on creative interpretations and expanded application to modern weaponry. 

Edited by BeaverFever
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

No one worth listening to is there.

The people who would encourage you to believe that Republicans are there are liars. 

15 weeks is what's widely regarded as sensible. After 15 weeks there needs to be a better reason than "I changed my mind". 

I lost my job and my husband ran off with his cousin is a good reason. The baby has severe Down's syndrome and won't live 3 months is a good reason. There are good reasons and there are insufficient reasons for ending a human life. It gets tricky. It's a serious topic which deserves extremely serious consideration, and no liars should be allowed to have a voice. They just muddy the waters.

Many of your beloved states have already enacted near-total bans after 6 weeks which is before most women even know they’re pregnant.  Many are now pledging to do more.

They’ve also long practiced regulatory harassment of abortion clinics in order to make their operations impossible and put them out of business, many red states have only had 2 or 2 clinics in the entire state, and since the roe decision on Friday, already some states now have no operating clinics as they have been forced to close their doors perhaps permanently and take stock of their legal status

Nobody gets an abortion after 15 weeks because “I’ve changed my mind”…. Except maybe in red states where the Republican government  purposely make a timely abortion difficult-to-impossible 

On 6/26/2022 at 6:19 PM, ironstone said:

Aren't most of those states considered poor compared to the rest? Not the best health care in those states?

With abortion isn't the infant mortality rate 100%?

Yes with a few notable exceptions the poorest states are almost all red states and the most prosperous states are almost all blue states. Not a complete coincidence. But even in the wealthy places like Texas poverty rates  and health outcomes are abysmal. 

The point on the infant mortality rate is the hypocrisy of supposed pro-life states that provide such abysmal care to parents who are actually trying to have a baby. If they were really pro-life they wouldn’t have these horrible birth outcomes where they sneer at mother and child as freeloading moochers looking for a handout just because they want to have a healthy childbirth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Many of your beloved states have already enacted near-total bans after 6 weeks which is before most women even know they’re pregnant.  Many are now pledging to do more.

They’ve also long practiced regulatory harassment of abortion clinics in order to make their operations impossible and put them out of business, many red states have only had 2 or 2 clinics in the entire state, and since the roe decision on Friday, already some states now have no operating clinics as they have been forced to close their doors perhaps permanently and take stock of their legal status

Nobody gets an abortion after 15 weeks because “I’ve changed my mind”…. Except maybe in red states where the Republican government  purposely make a timely abortion difficult-to-impossible 

You need to include links with your "statements of fact". 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Aristides said:

not even any states banning all abortions

told you it was extremely unpopular

paranoia is a helluva drug

Edited by Yzermandius19

13 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

“Originalist” is a made up term meant to lend legitimacy to people who literally want to roll back rights to the 18th century when America was an agricultural society ruled exclusively by wealthy land-owning white male aristocrats, and a time women weren’t even considered people under the law. We supposedly only have rights literally as they were described and imagined by these ancient elites over 200 years ago 

Except for guns.. when it comes to the 2nd amendment all pretence of  that “originalist” bullshit conveniently goes right out the window and the sky’s the limit on creative interpretations and expanded application to modern weaponry. 

Think you are paranoid. Republicans ended slavery therefore I doubt they will impose it again. 

What I find from your ilk is you do not seem to understand, either through dishonesty or ignorance, the political system in the US. 

The constitution is set up in such a way that the basics are protected, such as your right not to be forced to forego your religion because it hurts peoples feelings, while allowing for legislation to be swayed by public opinion so long as it's not violating the Charter. As abortion is not found in the Charter, it's a matter for elections. 

1 minute ago, West said:

Think you are paranoid. Republicans ended slavery therefore I doubt they will impose it again. 

What I find from your ilk is you do not seem to understand, either through dishonesty or ignorance, the political system in the US. 

The constitution is set up in such a way that the basics are protected, such as your right not to be forced to forego your religion because it hurts peoples feelings, while allowing for legislation to be swayed by public opinion so long as it's not violating the Charter. As abortion is not found in the Charter, it's a matter for elections. 

you aren't exactly showing your expertise of the American political system by using the term Charter

protip

14 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

you aren't exactly showing your expertise of the American political system by using the term Charter

protip

Meh.. doesn't negate the point. 

The court system is being abused by the democrats as they can't get their perverted laws passed even while controlling all three branches of government

Edited by West

48 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

not even any states banning all abortions

told you it was extremely unpopular

paranoia is a helluva drug

Several are banning after 6 weeks, which is the same thing.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/26/oklahoma-implements-nations-most-restrictive-abortion-ban-kevin-stitt-roe/9939966002/

https://www.nola.com/news/healthcare_hospitals/article_ba416134-e8e7-11ec-b6e2-8f8cd0d27442.html

You're full of shit, as usual.

Edited by Aristides