Jump to content

US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade


Recommended Posts

They take a private vote as kind of a first draft, I think. That's what leaked.

So if it's just the 9 justices in the room. One of them must be the rat, right?

They say a leak like this has never happened before.

Edited by Infidel Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a "draft" people. Not the decision. 

However, by the guidance of the US Constitution, Roe V Wade is unconstitutional. That's not to say I am dead set against abortion. Just that constatutioally speaking...the decision belongs to the states.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It's a "draft" people. Not the decision. 

However, by the guidance of the US Constitution, Roe V Wade is unconstitutional. That's not to say I am dead set against abortion. Just that constatutioally speaking...the decision belongs to the states.

No it doesn't. Rights don't belong to the states, and the Roe is absolutely an interpretation of the constitution. It will be overturned based on the bible and in defiance of the constitution. It will result in the erosion of other rights as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, West said:

Good day for the rights of the unborn today and states rights. Roe Vs. Wade has been struck down making it up to the states to pass their own individual bills. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-overturn-roe-draft-leaked-draft-opinion-report

On another note, seems a leftist activist is trying to stir up violence by leaking this 

 

No use for the constitution or rights huh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Oksanna said:

No it doesn't. Rights don't belong to the states, and the Roe is absolutely an interpretation of the constitution. It will be overturned based on the bible and in defiance of the constitution. It will result in the erosion of other rights as well.

Supreme court appointments made on political beliefs is problematic, in Canada too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Oksanna said:

No it doesn't. Rights don't belong to the states, and the Roe is absolutely an interpretation of the constitution. It will be overturned based on the bible and in defiance of the constitution. It will result in the erosion of other rights as well.

Really? OK...show me where the US Constitution touches on abortion.

The fact is, abortions were very far and few between...if they existed at all...during the time of the Constitution. Thus as a topic that is not granted to the federal government, it goes to the states. Now...you can agree or disagree with the act of abortion, but the Constitution did not deal with it.

I don't see a way to make this decision without pissing off a huge swath of Americans. But for discussion's sake, lets say Roe V Wade is NOT overturned and the federal laws are made such that an abortion after the 3rd trimester becomes illegal. Then what? Would Libbies be satisfied? Probably not huh? No...states like California would break the law and allow on-demand at any time...even AFTER the birth...to kill the baby. Something I think they're already doing.

And then there's the question of "My body. My decision". Oh really? OK...its my body and I decide what vaccines go into it and what vaccines do not. Nobody can discriminate against me for that decision because...after all..."My body. My decision"...right?

No matter how this comes out, the leak has damaged the SCOTUS. Whoever is responsible, needs to be disbarred and tossed to the curb. And finally...my opinion.

I think abortion must be available to women who are raped, when the fetus is found to be seriously defective, or when the mother's life is in danger. I also think that abortions after 3 months should only happen in the most extreme cases. It would not bother me at all should that become law. However...as we've seen time and again...people will push the envelope to sickening points. Thus should Roe be upheald, I would like to see doctors and women who break the 3 month rule, charged and jailed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Oksanna said:

No it doesn't. Rights don't belong to the states, and the Roe is absolutely an interpretation of the constitution. It will be overturned based on the bible and in defiance of the constitution. It will result in the erosion of other rights as well.

Good news for you. If you still want to kill babies I'm sure the pervs in California will allow it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, West said:

The baby has a right to life

This is true. The question is, when is a gathering of cells...a baby? IMO, its at the end of the 3rd month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

This is true. The question is, when is a gathering of cells...a baby? IMO, its at the end of the 3rd month.

What would make the end of the third month the appropriate time to call a baby "human"? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, West said:

What would make the end of the third month the appropriate time to call a baby "human"? 

Response to external stimuli. Reports are vague but it appears the fetus reacts to things at about the 15th week. IMO...if its reacting to stimuli, it has awareness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

The US about to take a great leap into the 19th Century. Can't wait for the good old days of back alley abortions and coat hangers.

Complete nonsense.  All this does is allow states to decide how abortion is regulated, similar to guns.  Abortion law will NOT change at all in most states.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw an interesting polling stat on one of the cable stations.

Apparently gallup shows Americans support legalizing abortion in general 60 to 40.

But once you start separating it by trimester it flips. Something like 20% pro abortion, 80% against by the third trimester.

 

 

Edited by Infidel Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.  All this does is allow states to decide how abortion is regulated, similar to guns.  Abortion law will NOT change at all in most states.  

But in those that it will, mainly red states, what do you expect will happen?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

I saw an interesting polling stat on one of the cable stations.

Apparently gallup shows Americans support legalizing abortion in general 60 to 40.

But once you start separating it by trimester it flips. Something like 20% pro abortion, 80% against by the third trimester.

 

 

Yes Macleans did a similar poll for Canada years ago.  Basically Canadians said if a pregnancy makes their life hard in any way, they are for all out abortion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the U.S. Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade, it will only be correcting a self inflicted mistake, as unlimited access to abortion is most certainly not a constitutional right.    Even health care is not a constitutional right, not even in Canada.

As for the leak, suspect political motivations for mid-term elections....Democrats are sagging badly with Biden and need a rally cry.   Roe v. Wade was also leaked...so not a big surprise:

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/03/1096097236/roe-wade-original-ruling-leak

Canadian women will still have abortion access in U.S. states that legalize (e.g. New York).   Before tightened border access in the early 2000's, Canadians sought abortions in the U.S. by the thousands each year.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.  All this does is allow states to decide how abortion is regulated, similar to guns.  Abortion law will NOT change at all in most states.  

It's just men claiming dominion over women's bodies like they have for millennia. Texas abortion law is a perfect example, the law itself sets people against each other. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

It's just men claiming dominion over women's bodies like they have for millennia. Texas abortion law is a perfect example, the law itself sets people against each other. 

Not wanting little babies to be sucked out and mutilated by a doctor is about men using women?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

If the U.S. Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade, it will only be correcting a self inflicted mistake, as unlimited access to abortion is most certainly not a constitutional right.    Even health care is not a constitutional right, not even in Canada.

As for the leak, suspect political motivations for mid-term elections....Democrats are sagging badly with Biden and need a rally cry.   Roe v. Wade was also leaked...so not a big surprise:

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/03/1096097236/roe-wade-original-ruling-leak

Canadian women will still have abortion access in U.S. states that legalize (e.g. New York).   Before tightened border access in the early 2000's, Canadians sought abortions in the U.S. by the thousands each year.

 

The worst are the doctors.  They know better than anyone they are terminating a baby.  They are basically nothing more than contract killers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

Killing babies is about killing babies.

PJW introduces some sanity to that one with angry humor:

 

Says an asshole who will never have to face that decision. Make that a pair of assholes.

Edited by Aristides
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Faramir said:

The worst are the doctors.  They know better than anyone they are terminating a baby.  They are basically nothing more than contract killers.

 

True...and this is where abortion as an inalienable right in the U.S. begins to break down.   Health care professionals have enumerated rights that trump mandatory abortion services.

Pharma developed safer abortifacients and morning after pills to provide another option, but some pharmacists refuse to dispense.  Plan B is a prescription free "morning after" alternative.

Abortion and gun rights...it never gets old !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,352
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    whoshere
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • whoshere earned a badge
      First Post
    • TomT earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • TomT went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Tony Hladun went up a rank
      Explorer
    • TomT earned a badge
      First Post
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...