US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

5 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Yes it is graphic. You still didn’t answer the question

No it not a fact. Does having curbside garbage pickup, police services  public sanitation and running water and public schools create a culture of dependence?  You really think expanding public education to pre-k tips the scales?  That’s so Idiotic 

Wrong again. You’re really showcasing your ignorance today. Those who succeed in those shitholes are people related to corrupt officials or who pay bribes or curry favour.  There is no meritocracy in those places. 

Of course. What you’re too utterly clueless to understand is that so would you. And so would your heroes like Trump. Nobody works their way up in those places, the social level that you’re born into is the one you die in. 

So the name Jimmy Jean-Louis means nothing to you?

Or Reginald Boulos?

Bye...

6 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

If you had gone to post secondary school you would understand  that one completely random guys paper doesn’t prove or disprove reality. 

I don't know, Beave. I would expect somebody as smart as you seem to think you are to have a better critique to a scientific polling study than you don't like what it says.

Actually it's too bad you won't read anything that seems to oppose the "Progressive" narrative. The back story behind that paper by Steven Andrew Jacobs, Phd is pretty fascinating.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/uchicago-scholar-proves-biologists-believe-life-begins-at-conception-it-took-five-years-and-cost-him-a-career/

Whatever...the fact remains. He polled thousands of biologists and got this:

Of the two “implicit questions” posed by Jacobs, which asked biologists to respond to the contention that the development of a mammalian organism begins at the moment of fertilization, around 90 percent of respondents answered in the affirmative. To the question that “fertilization marks the beginning of a human’s life,” fully three-quarters of respondents said yes.

Responses to the essay question “When Does Life Begin?” were also lopsided in favor of the pro-life position. While nearly 90 percent of “very pro-life” respondents answered that it begins at fertilization, still nearly three-quarters of “pro-choice” respondents answered the same. Around three-fifths of “very pro-choice” respondents felt the same.

Edited by Infidel Dog

12 hours ago, Oksanna said:

Well, as I always need to point out, then you have killed billions. And this will mean outright bans on abortion, or have you not met the insurrectionist party? "Up to the states" means "we want to remove this right."

You have killed women with this. Not your little magical spirits, REAL women will die because of this. No doubt about it.

How are real women going to die?  What’s a real women anyways?  Are there fake women?  Are you referring to trans women or something?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shady said:

How are real women going to die?  What’s a real women anyways?  Are there fake women?  Are you referring to trans women or something?

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/abortion

I mean blastocysts aren't people.

Never mind all the super intrusive things this opens the door to. Heck, blowjobs used to be illegal.

11 hours ago, West said:

You think people should be denied service because they disagree with you on a vaccine. Should someone be able to deny you service or a job over baby killing?

Why would they, as others have pointed out, abortions aren't contagious. Why do you keep bringing up this stupid connection?

Edited by Aristides

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Why would they, as others have pointed out, abortions aren't contagious. Why do you keep bringing up this stupid connection?

Kind of magical how so many more millions of babies have already died mangled in abortions than any will ever die from the Chi Com flu then.

No. I get it. The magic is in the word "contagious," right? The babies all still died though. At one time not many babies died. Then many millions more died. Same difference.

The Texas abortion law allows people to sue abortion providers. The Covid law you like tells people they can't work. or commune in public as others can.

Different forms of coercion but still coercion.

52 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Seriously? As you drill a hole through the brain of a fetus then rip apart it's limbs with a vacuum

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

For the last time, get it through your thick scull, you can't catch an abortion from another person.

But you are still killing an infant.. get that through your thick scull.. 

All this talking about "killing grandmothers" by taking in a concert or something... yet actual killing you dont care. 

12 minutes ago, West said:

But you are still killing an infant.. get that through your thick scull.. 

All this talking about "killing grandmothers" by taking in a concert or something... yet actual killing you dont care. 

Because when you completely make up a definition for 'killing an infant' then EVERYONE is killing infants, so it doesn't matter.

15 minutes ago, Oksanna said:

Because when you completely make up a definition for 'killing an infant' then EVERYONE is killing infants, so it doesn't matter.

So someone dies of natural causes and you are claiming that's "murder"?

6 minutes ago, West said:

So someone dies of natural causes and you are claiming that's "murder"?

You don't have a workable definition of 'murder' is what I'm saying, so sure, we can apparently call anything we want 'murder.' Step on a lego? Murder. Squish a bug? Murder. Whatever you want

8 minutes ago, Oksanna said:

You don't have a workable definition of 'murder' is what I'm saying 

No - it's the lack of a workable definition of a 'human being'.  At the very least, I would expect both sides to acknowledge the ambiguity of the case of a fertilized embryo and not use inflammatory rhetoric.

My expectations are rarely met, in life.

19 minutes ago, Oksanna said:

You don't have a workable definition of 'murder' is what I'm saying, so sure, we can apparently call anything we want 'murder.' Step on a lego? Murder. Squish a bug? Murder. Whatever you want

Someone giving someone else a flu bug was considered "murder" to you folks just a year ago

1 minute ago, West said:

Someone giving someone else a flu bug was considered "murder" to you folks just a year ago

Yeah, killing a living breathing human being with thoughts and dreams and relationships and emotions etc etc.. just because you are a coward is murder. Taking a handful of unthinking cells out of a body is just what humans do millions of times per day. It's far less murder than say eating a hamburger.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

No - it's the lack of a workable definition of a 'human being'.  At the very least, I would expect both sides to acknowledge the ambiguity of the case of a fertilized embryo and not use inflammatory rhetoric.

My expectations are rarely met, in life.

Nope, it's not all about the definition of human, there's a lot more going on even if we pretended a fertilized embryo were a person. I would not expect to acknowledge any kind of ambiguity though, whatever our definition of 'human' a fertilized embryo is not it. and I've long since gotten over any discussions of civility, we are long past that.

12 minutes ago, Oksanna said:

Yeah, killing a living breathing human being with thoughts and dreams and relationships and emotions etc etc.. just because you are a coward is murder. Taking a handful of unthinking cells out of a body is just what humans do millions of times per day. It's far less murder than say eating a hamburger.

Right.. dead cells. Not alive cells. 

10 minutes ago, Oksanna said:

Nope, it's not all about the definition of human, there's a lot more going on even if we pretended a fertilized embryo were a person. I would not expect to acknowledge any kind of ambiguity though, whatever our definition of 'human' a fertilized embryo is not it. and I've long since gotten over any discussions of civility, we are long past that.

The concept of "human" isn't a scientific one which is why "leave it to the science" is bordering on "psychopath"

Women across America will be impacted if the US Supreme Court repeals the landmark Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion. But some will struggle more than others. Women and girls of means living in the South and Midwest – where abortion is likely to be outlawed – will likely be able to travel to deep-blue states where the procedure will remain legal. That won’t be an option for women from lower socio-economic groups who can’t afford to travel across the country for the procedure. Women’s rights groups say that women of color will be most disadvantaged by the change. We take a look at the percent of annual abortions, by race, in the 13 states with trigger laws that would outlaw abortion if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

Capture.JPG

27 minutes ago, West said:

The concept of "human" isn't a scientific one which is why "leave it to the science" is bordering on "psychopath"

Not really. But, what's thousands of times worse is 'leaving' it up to magical superstitions. Because the consequences of criminalizing abortion are pretty limitless.

5 minutes ago, Oksanna said:

Not really. But, what's thousands of times worse is 'leaving' it up to magical superstitions. Because the consequences of criminalizing abortion are pretty limitless.

Maybe the right to your life should be left up to someone else? After all you are just a clump of cells aren't you?

Edited by West

17 hours ago, Oksanna said:

So, let me stop you right there. Are you trying to say you think contraceptives should be legal???

Did you read my post? Where did I mention that contraceptives should be legal or illegal...I thought you were a subject matter expert, I mean you are a female right, then you should know contraceptives are legal at least in Canada, thousands of different kinds, pick one, pick two, pick them all, just use them to prevent unwanted pregnancies or abortions. Why is that so difficult?