US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

2 hours ago, Aristides said:

Canadian doctors cannot perform an abortion after 24 weeks unless the woman’s life is in imminent danger.

There are a lot of different reasons could be child's health, a mother's health, they don't have to be imminent, it could be there might be a risk to either life. the Canadian health agency just says it must be an important reason they don't go into specifics.

19 minutes ago, West said:

Societal issues become legal issues. 

For instance we used to make similar arguments about slaves. "Not fully human". Therefore very little recourse if you were to kill them or severely injure them

But they are fully human, capable of living with no assistance. Women also used to be property and denied the vote. 

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Let's clarify something, is this about rights or religion because there is little about rights when it comes to religion.

Our nation was built on both, as are our morals and values, laws, etc.

2 minutes ago, Aristides said:

First trimester is 12 weeks so we know your price.

Yeah I'm in line with countries in Europe, right now. I think most of them are 12 weeks.

I keep going down the more I study though. I'll be in line with Texas soon. Texas has the heartbeat law. Remember that one?

"The Law prohibits abortions in Texas after the detection of the child’s heartbeat, which is currently 6 weeks gestation"

I don't think a lot of people answering polls pro or against killing Roe understand how confusing it's going to be if it comes to pass. States will all have different laws.

People who think they're firm on what's right at this time will change their minds when they get to know all the details.

Here's an example of that:

3 hours ago, Aristides said:

Two days into what?

2 days after the pee stick turns blue would be my guess.

He gave her 2 days to make up her mind.

And you want to give her 20 weeks. 

Many in Europe give them 12.  On Prince Edward Island they don't want you killing babies after 12 weeks either. Texas gives them 6. Florida gives them 15.

Different strokes, I guess but depending on which state you were in you might all be content with Alito's bill. He just wants to let the states decide.

Not sure what you're unhappy with. Is it that you want everybody to think like you and give them a full 20 weeks to get the abortion done?

Edited by Infidel Dog

18 hours ago, Aristides said:

So why don’t you recognize the right of women to determine their own lives? 

See what I mean? You literally do not understand the issue. It has nothing to do with determining your own life. It has to do with YOU CANNOT COMMIT MURDER, AND ABORTION IS MURDER.

You keep talking about YOUR life and you are ignoring the fundamental human rights of the child that you want to be able to murder. How blind are you.

I am sorry if you do not like the fact that you were born a woman, but we all are constrained by our natures. If you happen to get pregnant then murdering the child is not an option. Sorry. You may think I am lucky being a man and I that don't ever have to face that issue, but I have plenty of issues of my own being a man that I have to face that you will never face. That's part of life. Welcome to the human race. You ae part of it whether you like it or not. And being part of it means that we do not murder each other. Get it?

1538671896_Civil_rights_begin_in_the_wom

large_images.jpg

Edited by Great American

10 hours ago, Aristides said:

It's a new born because the women decided to have it. Her decision. Did I really have to explain that?

This argument is asinine. 

"It's her decision because it's her body. Now shut up and take the vaccine."

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Some States are jailing women for having miscarriages.

Felons can't vote.

This one in Oklahoma got four years even though she lost the baby in a hospital. Apparently there have been many  Looks like Margaret Atwood wasn't far wrong.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59214544

Guess this mob thinks drug addiction should be a criminal offence as well. Hope they don't know any or have any in their family.

Edited by Aristides

I believe what’s happening in the US is a new understanding of how precious life is.  This nonsense that Elizabeth Warren quotes, saying 68% of Americans wanting abortions to stay legal is wildly inaccurate propaganda.

And women have the same right to control their bodies as men.  But, the baby in the womb is not their body.  They are starting to realize this.  
Over 60 million abortions have occurred in the US since 1972.  It’s been a curse on that country, but hopefully the curse will be lifted soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

I believe what’s happening in the US is a new understanding of how precious life is.  This nonsense that Elizabeth Warren quotes, saying 68% of Americans wanting abortions to stay legal is wildly inaccurate propaganda.

And women have the same right to control their bodies as men.  But, the baby in the womb is not their body.  They are starting to realize this.  
Over 60 million abortions have occurred in the US since 1972.  It’s been a curse on that country, but hopefully the curse will be lifted soon.

I hope so as well.

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Maybe if they had maternity leave and universal healthcare and assistance for single moms they wouldn't have to fight for forced pregnancy and birth?

• Thanks 3

If you are against the notion of individual bodily autonomy for women in order to keep children alive, how do you feel about men then being forced to donate body organs and bone marrow transplants? Like the government can force you to donate a kidney because a child needs one.  you can live fine with only one kidney, you know. Or maybe you have a rare blood type so every time a bone marrow transplant of that type is needed, you have to donate.  Or is it just women whose bodies can be used to nurture and save children's lives?

Even dead bodies cannot be harvested for their organs without the person's previous consent.

Weird that corpses have more rights than women.

Edited by Goddess

Roe vs. Wade was argued on the basis of individual bodily autonomy.

Be careful what you wish for.  If it is struck down, then other cases based on bodily autonomy could also be struck down - such as Griswold vs. Connecticut and McFall vs. Shimp, and you could be forced to donate your own body organs against your will.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Personally, I think the wives, daughters and mistresses of rich men will still be able to access safe abortions whether they are legal or not.

The way you baby-killers hold on so tightly to the ability to murder children like you are the Grim Reaper himself is frightening in its evil