US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

23 hours ago, Aristides said:

Women are breeders, they don't count.  Demanding others be brave and make sacrifices when you can be at no risk yourself is pretty weak.

Oh, so you’re an idiot.  Your daddy WWII blah blah blah.  Good for you.

21 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Oh, so you’re an idiot.  Your daddy WWII blah blah blah.  Good for you.

Another male chauvinist who thinks he has the right to rule women. 

I was just pointing out that the US was over two years late to the party. I had nothing to do with what my dad did, I wasn't even born and neither was that American idiot who made that ignorant post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Another male chauvinist who thinks he has the right to rule women. 

I was just pointing out that the US was over two years late to the party. I had nothing to do with what my dad did, I wasn't even born and neither was that American idiot who made that ignorant post.

No I don’t think I have the right to rule women.  We are are ruled by laws.  No murder, for instance, and for some reason that’s where it gets complicated.

1 minute ago, sharkman said:

No I don’t think I have the right to rule women.  We are are ruled by laws.  No murder, for instance, and for some reason that’s where it gets complicated.

If men make laws that only impact women, they are trying to rule women. 

I'm tired of idiots who say a woman who is financially, physically  or emotionally not able to look after a child properly, aborting a 12 week old foetus is the same as murdering her next door neighbour who has a wife and four kids.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Aristides said:

If men make laws that only impact women, they are trying to rule women. 

I'm tired of idiots who say a woman who is financially, physically  or emotionally not able to look after a child properly, aborting a 12 week old foetus is the same as murdering her next door neighbour who has a wife and four kids.

How is it not? A lifes a life

9 hours ago, Faramir said:

She and others REFUSE to answer the basic question as to when does abortion become murder?  They resort to insulting men as a gender.  

She operates right out of the Marxist, and Fascist, playbooks: Ignore the topic and smear the messenger.

8 hours ago, Aristides said:

That post reaches a new high in ignorance

Every one of your posts are 100% ignorant. You don't even understand the issue. You don't even know what the issue is.

The issue is Human Rights, and the most fundamental of those rights the Right to Life, and that abortion violates Human Rights.

All you do s blah blah blah about women and control and other stupidities.

10 hours ago, West said:

So that's how you measure the importance of a life?

Yes. Life is what you do in life and who loves you. What you leave in the hearts of others is all that is left of you when you are gone and the only worthwhile thing you actually accomplished while you were alive.

7 hours ago, Great American said:

Every one of your posts are 100% ignorant. You don't even understand the issue. You don't even know what the issue is.

The issue is Human Rights, and the most fundamental of those rights the Right to Life, and that abortion violates Human Rights.

All you do s blah blah blah about women and control and other stupidities.

So why don’t you recognize the right of women to determine their own lives? 

It takes two to make a baby you idiot.

Edited by Aristides

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Yes. Life is what you do in life and who loves you. What you leave in the hearts of others is all that is left of you when you are gone and the only worthwhile thing you actually accomplished while you were alive.

I find that this is bordering on psychopathic. The inconvenience of raising a child you created is more important than the life itself. Very sad

10 hours ago, sharkman said:

On the other hand, some women need to be ‘ruled’, and those are just the facts.  Whining about men making the laws, that really is a slave mentality.  

Time to grow yourself up.

Making laws for others that don’t apply to you is a slaver mentality.

14 hours ago, West said:

I mean fair enough but there's also the flip side of that which is sex selective abortions or screening for things like Down Syndrome then aborting. I would think there's some moral discussion there, no?

Yes, there are and should be.

I don't know about sex specific abortions in Canada, but I do know a couple with a Down's baby who were not even offered the opportunity, in fact the doctor kind of gave them hell for being disappointed.  Not that that was a bad thing.  It snapped them out of the disappointment.  He is a healthy and fun-loving and well-loved 17 year old now.

Edited by Goddess

31 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't know about sex specific abortions in Canada, but I do know a couple with a Down's baby who were not even offered the opportunity, in fact the doctor kind of gave them hell for being disappointed.  Not that that was a bad thing.  It snapped them out of the disappointment.  He is a healthy and fun-loving and well-loved 17 year old now.

We are likely on the same page. To me the medical issues would be no different than a paramedic having to choose between who to save when they roll up to a car wreck. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aristides said:

That post reaches a new high in ignorance. You equate people with a lifetime of experience, friends and family who love and depend on them with a two month old foetus. 

So if your newborn baby died you would be less crushed than if your 90 year grandpa did?

12 hours ago, Aristides said:

How many dependants, friends and relatives does a 12 week old foetus have?

35 minutes ago, Goddess said:

So you are not a TOTAL ghoul?

1 minute ago, Goddess said:

No, but I think you are.  You want women with ectopic pregnancies in which the embedded embryo cannot survive, to die for no reason.

Nowhere did I ever say that.  YOU jumped to that conclusion.  You detoured the conversation as you usually do.  When do you think a woman can abort a baby until?  And I am not talking about an ectopic pregnancy.

For those who have religious reasons for opposing all abortion, consider this:

If Jesus did not have the authority while on earth to enforce legislation against certain things, what makes you think YOU have that authority?

By all means, give your opinion and give your best reasonings for what you believe - but in the end, the choices and consequences are not yours.

If you think that God will punish YOU in a burning hell for not forcing others to abide by your wishes, I question the God you worship.