US Supreme Court strikes down Roe V. Wade

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

For those who have religious reasons for opposing all abortion, consider this:

If Jesus did not have the authority while on earth to enforce legislation against certain things, what makes you think YOU have that authority?

By all means, give your opinion and give your best reasonings for what you believe - but in the end, the choices and consequences are not yours.

If you think that God will punish YOU in a burning hell for not forcing others to abide by your wishes, I question the God you worship.

OMG well I assume you are NOT a Christian, so your screed is just noise.

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I think that is a decision that should be made between a woman and her doctor.

I don't think it's anybody else's business.  Certainly not yours.

Really, well I think if a woman and a doctor decide to "abort" a baby say at 8 months they should be punished for murder. Why you think murder is OK I can't quite tell.

37 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Really, well I think if a woman and a doctor decide to "abort" a baby say at 8 months they should be punished for murder. Why you think murder is OK I can't quite tell.

This is extremely rare and requires special circumstances, such as non-viability of the infant and/or death of the mother.

34 minutes ago, Goddess said:

There are no abortions after 2 years.  Human gestation is 9 months.

Killing a 2 year old is murder, by all accounts.

But we've already established you can terminate a pregnancy if you determine it's too much work

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

Canadian doctors cannot perform an abortion after 24 weeks unless the woman’s life is in imminent danger.

21 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Canadian doctors cannot perform an abortion after 24 weeks unless the woman’s life is in imminent danger.

And that's the same or similar to what many of the states on the left's shit list want. 

So one gets the feeling you're pro life on the time limit thing at least, then. Good for you.

Or do you oppose Canadian law?

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

And that's the same or similar to what many of the states on the left's shit list want. 

So one gets the feeling you're pro life on the time limit thing at least, then. Good for you.

Or do you oppose Canadian law?

It is not Canadian law, it was an ethical decision made by the college of physicians and surgeons. I have never been in favour of late term abortions and they are rare. That is not an excuse to take away almost or all access to abortion.

5 hours ago, Faramir said:

So if your newborn baby died you would be less crushed than if your 90 year grandpa did?

We lost a twin boy to SIDS at 2 months and both my parents died in their nineties. I do know the difference and I don't need you to preach to me.

16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It is not Canadian law, it was an ethical decision made by the college of physicians and surgeons. I have never been in favour of late term abortions and they are rare. That is not an excuse to take away almost or all access to abortion.

Aborting because of Downs? Yeah or nay? 

Sex selective abortion? Yay or nay. 

If the gay gene ever becomes testable, abortion because your child will be gay? Yay or nay

1 minute ago, West said:

Aborting because of Downs? Yeah or nay? 

Sex selective abortion? Yay or nay. 

If the gay gene ever becomes testable, abortion because your child will be gay? Yay or nay

I don't believe in any of them but it isn't my call. Or yours.

4 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It appears to be more a regional decision of a province's providers:

Depending on a person’s location, they may have to travel out of province or out of country to access abortion beyond 12 weeks. On Prince Edward Island, for example, abortion is only available until 12 weeks gestation. In Nova Scotia, until 16 weeks, and in New Brunswick, only until 14 weeks or 16 weeks (if you can pay for the procedure out-of-pocket). In Yukon and Nunavut, the gestational limit is 13 weeks.

While abortions after 20 weeks are statistically very rare (<2.5% of all abortions), there are people in Canada who require abortion beyond 20 weeks for serious and important reasons. There are only three service locations in Canada that offer abortion up to 23 weeks and 6 days (one in British Columbia, one in Southern Ontario, and one in Quebec). No providers in Canada offer abortion care beyond 23 weeks and 6 days

https://www.actioncanadashr.org/resources/factsheets-guidelines/2019-09-19-access-glance-abortion-services-canada#:~:text=No providers in Canada offer,or support from their governments

However, ultimately it can be pretty much the same thing the Alito draft proposes. Different regions (in America it will be the states) make the decision.

34 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I'm still glad you're pro-choice on time limits but you remind me of that old joke...you know the one.

This guy asks his date, "Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?"

And she says, "For a million bucks? Hell yeah."

So he asks, "Would you do it for 50?"

Naturally she gets upset and says, "What kind of girl do you think I am?"

To which he replies, "We've established that. We're just trying to settle on the price."

I think it's 15 weeks in Florida and a lot of Europe has 12 as the end point for an abortion.

Abortionly speaking you tell me you're pro life at "late term." The foetus can be viable outside the womb at 20 weeks, so I'm guessing your price would be around there. I used to be there but now I'm no baby killing after the first term.

Edited by Infidel Dog

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It is a societal issue but not a legal issue.

Societal issues become legal issues. 

For instance we used to make similar arguments about slaves. "Not fully human". Therefore very little recourse if you were to kill them or severely injure them

When I worked in medical, I had to arrange a couple of abortions.  There was one that would not have been my choice, but but it was her's, so I treated her with the same kindness and respect as I did with all patients.

God will not punish you for disagreeing with someone else's choice.  We each stand on our own before any deity.

25 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I'm still glad you're pro-choice on time limits but you remind me of that old joke...you know the one.

This guy asks his date, "Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?"

And she says, "For a million bucks? Hell yeah."

So he asks, "Would you do it for 50?"

Naturally she gets upset and says, "What kind of girl do you think I am?"

To which he replies, "We've established that. We're just trying to settle on the price."

I think it's 15 weeks in Florida and a lot of Europe has 12 as the end point for an abortion.

Abortionly speaking you tell me you're pro life at "late term." The foetus can be viable outside the womb at 20 weeks, so I'm guessing your price would be around there. I used to be there but now I'm no baby killing after the first term.

First trimester is 12 weeks so we know your price.