The NDP/Liberal Dictatorship

The morality of today’s so called left isn’t Christian or even humanist.  They’re stripping constitutional rights from people and focusing on policies like having the right to an abortion up to the date of full-term delivery and entering people who are biologically male into women’s athletic competitions in the name of trans rights.  Of course they are winning the competitions to the detriment of women, but trans rights supersede women’s rights.

Individual rights are suppressed, including medical discretion and freedom of movement because health and safety are now defined for us entirely by the state without respect to the advice of our doctors or personal interests.

Our government ignores history and wonders what could possibly have caused an invasion in Europe.  We have a military that can’t defend the country because it’s so underfunded.

Even though we have a severe government borrowing and spending problem that has caused high inflation and is crippling poor and working people financially, we’re going to pile on more debt to pay for additional programs for certain groups. This is being done without a mandate from voters.

Peaceful protesters are denigrated and their rights are suppressed.

Our government is so ideologically bent on supporting a climate change crusade organized by an international body that they’re adding punishing carbon taxes on already high fuel prices.

Their scuttling of energy projects has added to inflation and made whole countries beholden to dictators.

How “Christian” or moral is this?  Are these policies helping or hurting more people?

Edited by Zeitgeist

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Our government is so ideologically bent on supporting a climate change crusade organized by an international body that they’re adding punishing carbon taxes on already high fuel prices.

Their scuttling of energy projects has added to inflation and made whole countries beholden to dictators.

A very very interesting study on "green" "sustainable" energy

41 Inconvenient Truths on the "New Energy Economy"

https://fee.org/articles/41-inconvenient-truths-on-the-new-energy-economy/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well... the left is on the bring of achieving dental care and pharmacare programs for the poor in Canada.  

Does that seem like 'destroying people's morality' as you put it ?

Or does it seem like ... you know ... caring for the poor ?

WWJD ?

Entitlement on the backs of the producers and taxpayers is now a big thing in Canada and promoted by the liberals and left.  Yes, it is a form of stealing and Marxism.  NDP: " make the rich pay their fair share".  Actually it will be everyone who pays but they don't tell you that.  Meanwhile, investors who create jobs and wealth will go elsewhere  and Canada will sink further into debt.

We do live in a kind of Liberal-NDP dictatorship.  When did Canadians vote for these expensive, multi billion dollar, social programs being pushed by the NDP and supported now by the Liberals?  When were these programs put before the voters as campaign promises in the last election?  Only about 30 or 33% of voters supported the Liberals, and about half that supported the NDP.  Yet here we are with these parties planning to implement these expensive social (ist) programs.  This is not democracy.  Trudeau loves to talk about democracy as if he really believes that it exists.  Of course what we have is far preferable to Communism.  But claiming we are a pure democracy is a stretch.  I would say we are somewhere in between democracy and dictatorship by the liberal oligarchy, which is a liberal Borg run from the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal elites.  A minority government should never be trying to bring in major new spending programs without the overwhelming will of the people.  There is also the Biblical principle of not stealing from taxpayers and respecting private property that should not be ignored.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dialamah said:

When was the last time you were beaten with no legal recourse?  Last time you were raped and could do nothing because you were his property?  Last time you weren't allowed money, were fed just enough to keep you alive, had your children taken from you.  Never?  That's what I figured. 

Slavery sn't a government you happen to dislike. 

Yes, I understand that you have zero concern for what is happening to Canadian democracy.

That's okay.

Some of us will continue fighting for it - for you and your children and grandchildren.

And you will continue to mock and belittle them.

We accept people like you.  No one expects any thanks from you or your children or grandchildren, ever.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blackbird said:

We do live in a kind of Liberal-NDP dictatorship.  When did Canadians vote for these expensive, multi billion dollar, social programs being pushed by the NDP and supported now by the Liberals?  When were these programs put before the voters as campaign promises in the last election?  Only about 30 or 33% of voters supported the Liberals, and about half that supported the NDP. 

That's not really how the system works.  You don't vote for individual issues.  You vote for a representative and a platform.  Obviously the NDP voters are for these social programs, and presumably enough of the Liberal constituency is on-board with compromising and avoiding another election.  

21 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Of course what we have is far preferable to Communism.  But claiming we are a pure democracy is a stretch.  I would say we are somewhere in between democracy and dictatorship by the liberal oligarchy, which is a liberal Borg run from the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal elites. 

This is really, really silly stuff.  It's the same crap that the left-leaning whiners said back when Harper was in power.  The fact that your preferred party is lame-duck opposition doesn't mean dictatorship. 

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

The morality of today’s so called left isn’t Christian or even humanist.  They’re stripping constitutional rights from people and focusing on policies like having the right to an abortion up to the date of full-term delivery and entering people who are biologically male into women’s athletic competitions in the name of trans rights.  Of course they are winning the competitions to the detriment of women, but trans rights supersede women’s rights.

The thing is the right is no better. They think they are but they get it just as wrong and that's why they keep losing elections in Canada. Not allowing trans females to compete at the recreational or fun league level with females is going too far. Same with trying to ban abortions way before a woman can realistically know they are pregnant. 

I don't think trans females who have gone through puberty before transitioning (which is most today) should be eligible to compete at the elite professional level. Objectively hormones don't undo the growth advantage of male puberty. But it's a complex issue as generally that sort of thing like 'when you started' is considered private medical information.

12 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That's not really how the system works.  You don't vote for individual issues.  You vote for a representative and a platform.  Obviously the NDP voters are for these social programs, and presumably enough of the Liberal constituency is on-board with compromising and avoiding another election.  

This is really, really silly stuff.  It's the same crap that the left-leaning whiners said back when Harper was in power.  The fact that your preferred party is lame-duck opposition doesn't mean dictatorship. 

You’re so out of touch with what many Canadians and most of the international community think about this absurd hypocritical elitist quasi-dictatorship.  You keep rationalizing their behaviour and calling everyone who criticizes them a conspiracy theorist.  Go back to knitting instead of running cover for bad government.  I hope at the very least you’re getting paid for it, either by the Libs or China.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nexii said:

The thing is the right is no better. They think they are but they get it just as wrong and that's why they keep losing elections in Canada. Not allowing trans females to compete at the recreational or fun league level with females is going too far. Same with trying to ban abortions way before a woman can realistically know they are pregnant. 

I don't think trans females who have gone through puberty before transitioning (which is most today) should be eligible to compete at the elite professional level. Objectively hormones don't undo the growth advantage of male puberty. But it's a complex issue as generally that sort of thing like 'when you started' is considered private medical information.

I agree with your reasonable positions on these issues, but our government goes far left of those.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

Dictatorship? How silly.

If good policy comes out of this is time will only tell , but calling it a dictatorship just shows your lack of understanding of the basic workings of Westminster parliamentary governments.

This is what happens when political philosophies are based on partisan buffoonery and ignorance instead of demonstrable facts.

21 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re so out of touch with what many Canadians and most of the international community think about this absurd hypocritical elitist quasi-dictatorship.

Out of touch with "many" Canadians?  Most Canadians are out-of-touch with you guys.  You're living in a massive coping fantasy world.  

Trudeau is a joke and he's a laughing-stock in the international community, but nobody serious views him as a dictator.  It's just the conspiracy clowns and every country has its own brand.  

You keep rationalizing their behaviour and calling everyone who criticizes them a conspiracy theorist.

Lots of people criticize the government and I have nothing to say about them.  I criticize the government.  I've hated the Trudeau brand long before you ever joined this forum,  goof.  It's the conspiracy theorists I criticize - their incoherent rambling and over-emotional hyperbole.  

Go back to knitting instead of running cover for bad government.  I hope at the very least you’re getting paid for it, either by the Libs or China.  

Stuff like this - it's the same banal garbage over and over again and I barely read it now:

"Something something China/Communism/Fascism/Liberals/MSM blah blah blah."

eye-roll-annoyed.gif

Edited by Moonbox

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

We do live in a kind of Liberal-NDP dictatorship.  When did Canadians vote for these expensive, multi billion dollar, social programs being pushed by the NDP and supported now by the Liberals?  When were these programs put before the voters as campaign promises in the last election?  Only about 30 or 33% of voters supported the Liberals, and about half that supported the NDP.  Yet here we are with these parties planning to implement these expensive social (ist) programs.  This is not democracy.  Trudeau loves to talk about democracy as if he really believes that it exists.  Of course what we have is far preferable to Communism.  But claiming we are a pure democracy is a stretch.  I would say we are somewhere in between democracy and dictatorship by the liberal oligarchy, which is a liberal Borg run from the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal elites.  A minority government should never be trying to bring in major new spending programs without the overwhelming will of the people.  There is also the Biblical principle of not stealing from taxpayers and respecting private property that should not be ignored.

We voted for these programs last election. They were on the platforms and plans of both Liberal and NDP.

No sense whining now, we voted them in and looks like we will have them until 2025. By then, Canadians will have forgotten all this and will vote Liberal again because the Conservatives will have shot themselves in the foot again.

23 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Out of touch with "many" Canadians?  Most Canadians are out-of-touch with you guys.  You're living in a massive coping fantasy world.  

Trudeau is a joke and he's a laughing-stock in the international community, but nobody serious views him as a dictator.  It's just the conspiracy clowns and every country has its own brand.  

Lots of people criticize the government and I have nothing to say about them.  I criticize the government.  I've hated the Trudeau brand long before you ever joined this forum,  goof.  It's the conspiracy theorists I criticize - their incoherent rambling and over-emotional hyperbole.  

Stuff like this - it's the same banal garbage over and over again and I barely read it now:

"Something something China/Communism/Fascism/Liberals/MSM blah blah blah."

eye-roll-annoyed.gif

You’re new to this forum as far as I can tell.  You’re free to support dictatorship, but don’t pretend to support democratic principles.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think the so called left are literally destroying people’s morality and mental health right now.  We could even have a Third World War because of it.  Too much blatant disregard for values that were well understood to be important for many thousands of years.  Democracy and the world are in a mess now because the world is too far left.  People are lost.  

So do something about it.  Sure doesn't look like Putin is willing to put up with the left anymore.

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re new to this forum as far as I can tell.  You’re free to support dictatorship, but don’t pretend to support democratic principles.  

I've been posting here since 2008.  You can look me up my posts and see I was a Harper supporter back in the day.  You can even find posts from me back when Justin first became an MP warning that he'd eventually be Prime Minister and that his father was our worst PM ever. 

Your silly clowning about dictatorship is just another coping mechanism.  Unable to articulate your points, you fall back on emotional hyperbole and conspiracy copypasta.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Hang on...

You don't vote for individual issues.  You vote for a representative and a platform.

YOU vote for whatever reason you think is right, correct, sits well with your conscience. And in Canada...still...YOU are FREE to vote that way. However...YOU can not tell others why or how they should vote in Canada...still. Until Pixey-Dust and his side-kick change that, 'dem's da rules'.

Obviously the NDP voters are for these social programs, and presumably enough of the Liberal constituency is on-board with compromising and avoiding another election. 

This is true. My question is, 'Why are all those Canadians on-board with self-destructive edicts?' Is it just a desire to maintain power? A love for Pixey's cute stockings? An adoration of Singh's pink turban? Fear of reprisal in this current fear-driven social structure we've let fester? Or is it spite and hatred of anything that smacks of 'The Evil Right'? I think that answer is rather important.

Lame to YOU.

Yes the Conservative Party is a lame-duck bunch of spineless twits...for the most part. More interested in power and social standing, than they are in Canada and Canadians.

Dictatorship? Not yet...but YOU might be well advised to pay attention to what so many are saying. YOU might not want to belittle and accuse as "conspiracy theories" so quickly. These are "warnings" that YOU...ME...and ZEITGEIST should take seriously.

Because...well simply put...

"We stand on guard for thee"

Edited by Nationalist

58 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

We voted for these programs last election. They were on the platforms and plans of both Liberal and NDP.

No sense whining now, we voted them in and looks like we will have them until 2025. By then, Canadians will have forgotten all this and will vote Liberal again because the Conservatives will have shot themselves in the foot again.

No, Canadians did not vote for these programs.  Only a minority voted for Liberals and NDP.

31 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Dictatorship? Not yet...but YOU might be well advised to pay attention to what so many are saying. YOU might not want to belittle and accuse as "conspiracy theories" so quickly. These are "warnings" that YOU...ME...and ZEITGEIST should take seriously.

I'm going to belittle people when they say dumb shit that makes no sense.  

I'm more than willing to have a long conversation about the Emergencies Act and the gross overreach that it was.  I'm all on board to roast Justin Trudeau. 

I just don't have any interest in humoring angry bed-wetters parroting QAnon style trash.  

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I'm going to belittle people when they say dumb shit that makes no sense.  

I'm more than willing to have a long conversation about the Emergencies Act and the gross overreach that it was.  I'm all on board to roast Justin Trudeau. 

I just don't have any interest in humoring angry bed-wetters parroting QAnon style trash.  

You see the abuses of Pixey and his government. You dislike them and don't think he should be PM.

Is there a natural progression toward dictatorship in this country? Well...actually...yes there is. It started by being told what words we could no longer say. It moved to literal assault on any who disagree with this new orthodoxy. An orthodoxy...BTW...that continuously get shown to be false and perfectly willing to outright lie, on order to push the orthodoxy. Is this "QAnon" stuff? While I'm pretty sure the Qanon folks realize this too...its hardly a theory anymore.

I would say the real "bed-wetters" are the ones who consistently howl about things that are found to be...untrue.

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

You see the abuses of Pixey and his government. You dislike them and don't think he should be PM.

I saw the Emergencies Act as an abuse and I wish Trudeau wasn't PM.  Yes.  

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Is there a natural progression toward dictatorship in this country? Well...actually...yes there is. It started by being told what words we could no longer say. It moved to literal assault on any who disagree with this new orthodoxy.

A literal assault?  Come on.  If you want to make an adult argument then let's hear it, but if you can't write three sentences without derailing into hyperbole, nobody's going to listen to you.  

33 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I saw the Emergencies Act as an abuse and I wish Trudeau wasn't PM.  Yes.  

A literal assault?  Come on.  If you want to make an adult argument then let's hear it, but if you can't write three sentences without derailing into hyperbole, nobody's going to listen to you.  

Many (most) people think our PM acts like a dictator.  Not hyperbole at all.  Yes there was literal assault multiple times.  Accept reality.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1