Jump to content

War In Ukraine


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Speaking of the Ukranian biolabs story it's kind of sneaky what the leftist panels  of quote-unquote "experts" and their anchor, message controllers are doing there.

They can't actually say the biolabs story is untrue because there are government officials on video acknowledging they exist. Tucker will show that video to you and they hate Tucker so what they'll do rather than try to sell the lie American backed biolabs don't exist in the Ukraine is they'll divert off to some fringe conspiracy theory claims. They'll pepper these with names a gullible will accept of unidentifiable, fringe baddies with their favorite, out there bogey men like the now almost mythical "Q Anon" or the undefinable "far right." Then they'll slip in some comment about how Tucker is making an issue of bio labs. Then Presto Changeo, Tucker, Fox and anybody that ever watched either or identifies right is a far right conspiracy theorist (most likely Q Anon - whatever that is) telling you Fauci is creating the next pandemic in the Ukraine for Putin as a false flag attack on the free west or something like that.

Ok, so in the space of a week, another “conspiracy theory” comes true, eh?  So 25-30 US Bio Labs in Ukraine.  The US is getting pretty disgusting.

On top of that, Pelosi, Romney, Kerry and (formerly)Biden all have/had children working as execs in energy companies in Ukraine.  The US is up to its neck in Ukraine.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Russia's ambassador to UN Vassily Nebenzia at the UN Security Council session: The Ukrainian army is preparing a provocation with the use of chemical weapons supplied by US in order to accuse Russia. Kiev uses phosphorus ammunition and cluster bombs.

1200px-Vasily_Nebenzya_(2020-02-03).jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm not some leftist CTVtard who gets all my info from one source and disregards everything else.

But in your world, MSM is all the same source. Which it's not. Fox News will frequently report similar facts to CNN. 

Quote

But here you are, still trotting out CTV/CNN talking points after they got caught lying about every topic known to man.  

Such hyperbole is unrealistic. You need to work on your narrative devices comrade. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Boges said:

But in your world, MSM is all the same source. Which it's not. Fox News will frequently report similar facts to CNN. 

85% of the MSM here propagates the same false narratives. Don't pretend that's not a serious issue.

Quote

Such hyperbole is unrealistic. You need to work on your narrative devices comrade. 

Then name a major topic that they didn't lie about or propagate false narratives. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boges said:

What narrative is that pray tell? 

You know the one I'm starting to see the MSM "experts" not so much push for as prepare the ground for?

A no-fly zone. Possibly even a ground war.

Yeah...I know. Never going to happen, right? So why to these "experts" seem to be kind of checking out how much they can get away with endorsing as far as an increased western military presence? If I'm right the call will start to get more clear as the war continues along. Hope I'm wrong though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, sharkman said:

Ok, so in the space of a week, another “conspiracy theory” comes true, eh?  So 25-30 US Bio Labs in Ukraine.  The US is getting pretty disgusting.

On top of that, Pelosi, Romney, Kerry and (formerly)Biden all have/had children working as execs in energy companies in Ukraine.  The US is up to its neck in Ukraine.  

Yup.  The uni-party all receiving their graft.  Remember Hunter and Joe got some good payouts from the Ukraine.  Globalist shills.  Also they are aligned with Zuckergerg at Facebook.  And Soros is also behind Zelensky.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

85% of the MSM here propagates the same false narratives. Don't pretend that's not a serious issue.

Who determined that it's 85%?  Can you please show us the studies and peer-reviewed papers that determined this including the data they collected/analysed?

Thanks.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Who determined that it's 85%?  Can you please show us the studies and peer-reviewed papers that determined this including the data they collected/analysed?

Thanks.

Oh cut the crap. That makes as much sense as asking you for hard evidence his obvious seat of the pants estimate is incorrect.

85% doesn't have to be 100% accurate to paint the picture of his opinion. You know it's an opinion. You just want to be all smarmy and smug and posture as superior. You'd be surprised how many of us know that. I'll say 85%. But no I don't have any peer reviewed literature determining that. Why don't you pretend it matters so we can have a laugh.

And yes, there is a narrative. It's existence is well established. 

Anybody with a functioning BS detector knows there's a narrative. It's all the time ringing like crazy. Registering at 85% on mine, if you're interested. 

Trust in the media and its narratives is at an all time low. I can give you surveys on that if you want.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Oh cut the crap. That makes as much sense as asking you for hard evidence his obvious seat of the pants estimate is incorrect.

85% doesn't have to be 100% accurate to paint the picture of his opinion. You know it's an opinion. You just want to be all smarmy and smug and posture as superior. You'd be surprised how many of us know that. I'll say 85%. But no I don't have any peer reviewed literature determining that. Why don't you pretend it matters so we can have a laugh.

And yes, there is a narrative. It's existence is well established. 

Anybody with a functioning BS detector knows there's a narrative. It's all the time ringing like crazy. Registering at 85% on mine, if you're interested. 

Trust in the media and its narratives is at an all time low. I can give you surveys on that if you want.

The left often get riled up over what is obvious hyperbole.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the Russians shoot 30 cruise missiles,

just to take out a platoon of 35 soldiers

no wonder they are losing this war so badly

1) The first casualty of war is truth

2) Approximately 5% of what we hear/what Russian citizens hear is true, 95% of it is false, and even the people on the ground don't know as much about what's happening as CNN/CTV claim to know. Just remember that 25-30 bio-research labs is a lot more than 'an emphatic zero'. Maybe 25 is really 14 with 11 bio-labs that actually no longer have any military capacity at all.

3) We don't actually know what hard targets were hit, and which of those were destroyed, temporarily offline, out of service for weeks or months, etc.

4) We don't know how many soldiers were actually killed

5) We don't know the effect that those strikes had on Ukraine - maybe they hit some targets that the Ukrainians thought that the Russians didn't know about

I really hope Zelenski gets taken out because it really simplifies things, but I'm guessing that he'll be stateside for the rest of the war now. He may be living in exile already for all we know. He's certainly not going back to Kyiv anytime soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Faramir said:

The left often get riled up over what is obvious hyperbole.  

Can you imagine living your life as a leftist, and trying to keep pretending that conservatives are always just telling the truth about the future, but that everything that they say is a lie now?  

"Yeah, conservatives have been saying that for a while now, but it wasn't true when they first said it. It only became true when CNN said it. Like the bio-labs for example. Those weren't there at the beginning of the war, they were just built after the Russians attacked or something. Really quickly."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

85% doesn't have to be 100% accurate to paint the picture of his opinion. You know it's an opinion. You just want to be all smarmy and smug and posture as superior.

When the smartest guy on the internet who claims 100% infallibility 100% of the time he should put up or shut up.

But if you're saying he simply pulls his opinions out of his ass then who am I to argue? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

1) The first casualty of war is truth

2) Approximately 5% of what we hear/what Russian citizens hear is true, 95% of it is false, and even the people on the ground don't know as much about what's happening as CNN/CTV claim to know. Just remember that 25-30 bio-research labs is a lot more than 'an emphatic zero'. Maybe 25 is really 14 with 11 bio-labs that actually no longer have any military capacity at all.

3) We don't actually know what hard targets were hit, and which of those were destroyed, temporarily offline, out of service for weeks or months, etc.

4) We don't know how many soldiers were actually killed

5) We don't know the effect that those strikes had on Ukraine - maybe they hit some targets that the Ukrainians thought that the Russians didn't know about

I really hope Zelenski gets taken out because it really simplifies things, but I'm guessing that he'll be stateside for the rest of the war now. He may be living in exile already for all we know. He's certainly not going back to Kyiv anytime soon. 

what, dude ?

you're like a conspiracy theory salad,  tossing yourself around a bowl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, eyeball said:

But if you're saying he simply pulls his opinions out of his ass then who am I to argue? 

No. I said he expressed an opinion. Just like you do. 

The phrase "Out your butt" means it lacks any reason or fact-base. You know like your contention obvious hyperbole requires peer-review.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

what, dude ?

you're like a conspiracy theory salad,  tossing yourself around a bowl

Dude you literally just quoted a news source's figures verbatim as if it was gospel truth. 

The Russian/Ukrainian/American military and press corps' primary job when reporting from the front lines is to keep up morale within the army and to build/maintain consensus among the citizens. 

In most instances we'd want our media to tell the truth, for instance regarding Trump & Trudeau's scandals, but i the instance of a war I think we all expect a certain level of propaganda. 

In every war there's gonna be a 'big lie'. 

In the Iraq war it was "They have WMDs."

So far in this war it's "We don't have WMDs." Hopefully that's our biggest one, but I'm expecting to hear about "an errant Russian cruise mille landing in Poland" any day now.

Congress has a war boner, and we keep hearing about how thick the Russians' glasses are. "They keep bumping into things... This will be easy... Home by Christmas..." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, eyeball said:

When the smartest guy on the internet

?

Quote

who claims 100% infallibility 100% of the time he should put up or shut up.

Who determined that it's 100% and 100%? Was it you [thanks] or can you please show us the studies and peer-reviewed papers that determined this including the data they collected/analysed?

Quote

But if you're saying he simply pulls his opinions out of his ass then who am I to argue? 

You haven't made a salient point here in weeks so you figured that your best chance to actually land something was to try to pin me down to the actual percentage of bullshit on CTV/CBC/CNN/Global within 5% lol. 

I was hoping that you were joking but you really meant it. That's some seriously weak shit bro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

You haven't made a salient point here in weeks so...

It's not my fault it takes that long to sink in.

Quote

you figured that your best chance to actually land something was to try to pin me down to the actual percentage of bullshit on CTV/CBC/CNN/Global within 5% lol.

No I'm simply underscoring that like virtually everything else you say it's just a bunch of unsubstantiated hooey.

I guess that's still sinking in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's not my fault it takes that long to sink in.

It's your fault that you have to withdraw from every debate we have when you finally realize that you're in a completely untenable position and words like hooey aren't getting you anywhere.

Quote

No I'm simply underscoring that like virtually everything else you say it's just a bunch of unsubstantiated hooey.

Awwww, if only you could just prove that once. DANG!

Here's a suggestion: maybe try some actual facts with legitimate cites for once instead of unsubstantiated accusations?

It works for me. 

In fact, earlier today a poster on this very site referred to me as "the smartest guy on the internet". I bookmarked it for daily reference:

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

the smartest guy on the internet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

It's your fault that you have to withdraw from every debate we have when you finally realize that you're in a completely untenable position and words like hooey aren't getting you anywhere.

Yep, you're a brick wall alright.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

You know the one I'm starting to see the MSM "experts" not so much push for as prepare the ground for?

A no-fly zone. Possibly even a ground war.

Yeah...I know. Never going to happen, right? So why to these "experts" seem to be kind of checking out how much they can get away with endorsing as far as an increased western military presence? If I'm right the call will start to get more clear as the war continues along. Hope I'm wrong though.

I think there's some definite public appetite for a Western Military presence. 

Germany is leading the charge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,752
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Dorai
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Venandi earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Proficient
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...