Conservative Leadership September 10th

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You’re wrong on the WEF and mainstream media.  WEF ideas are driving government policy to a significant extent.  Mainstream media portrayed the protesters negatively in keeping with government messaging.

Some bad snake oil they are selling ?.. quick if every country doesn't drive up the cost of living with carbon taxes and then let your government pay a Fortune 500 company to solve "climate change" we are all gonna diiiiieeeeee ?

If we don't lock down people's bank accounts for having unacceptable views Vladimir Putin is going to get you...

Edited by West

2 minutes ago, West said:

Some bad snake oil they are selling ?.. quick if every country doesn't drive up the cost of living with carbon taxes and then let your government pay a Fortune 500 company to solve "climate change" we are all gonna diiiiieeeeee ?

If we don't lock down people's bank accounts for having unacceptable views Vladimir Putin is going to get you...

“Safety” is often the excuse for oppression.  The French Revolution’s Committee of Public Safety brought the Reign of Terror.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

“Safety” is often the excuse for oppression.  The French Revolution’s Committee of Public Safety brought the Reign of Terror.  

We are still alive. All that cash people gave to Al Gore to rip around on his private jet to tell us we are all sinful and are going to die unless we give him more money to save the polar bears mustve worked

2 minutes ago, West said:

We are still alive. All that cash people gave to Al Gore to rip around on his private jet to tell us we are all sinful and are going to die unless we give him more money to save the polar bears mustve worked

I actually wanted Gore to win at the time. I just don’t believe in policies that crush people in the name of warding off a possible future threat that may or may not crush people. It’s like murdering people so they won’t get sick. We need to make life more affordable, not less.  Cutting off the energy that sustains humans is anti-human.  

18 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Pierre is unelectable.  He's a populist ass-licker and will have absolutely no appeal outside of the conservative base. 
If folks want Trudeau in for another term, he's the path for that.  He'd perform no better than the Reform Party and would get no support outside of the West and more isolated/rural parts of the country.  

I would vote for a guy like Chong in a second.  He's always been level-headed and principled (lost a cabinet position for not towing the party line under Harper) and can appeal to the middle ground in a way that someone like Pierre the dweeb can't.  

Charest I think can win an election and can appeal to the middle-right as well, but I'm not sure he can win a leadership campaign as a former Quebec Liberal where too much of the Leadership contest depends on the West. 

If we want to actually get rid of Trudeau, we need pragmatism instead of dogmatism.  Pierre will be a non-starter for huge swathes of the country.    

I think this country has moved pretty far to the left and most political parties are to the left. With the Conservatives it depends on who the leader is as to where they are on the political spectrum. Harper was a bit to the right and O'Toole wasn't much different from Trudeau. Maxime Bernier is on the right of the spectrum. 

If Poilievre want's to scrap the carbon tax and use our vast oil and gas reserves that is very pragmatic. Virtually nothing in the Liberal agenda is good for the country and the same can be said of the NDP.

The Liberals are too concerned about pushing the idiotic woke agenda down our throats. Sensitivity training, anti-racism this or that, dozens of genders and counting...the list goes on and on.

23 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I think this country has moved pretty far to the left and most political parties are to the left. With the Conservatives it depends on who the leader is as to where they are on the political spectrum. Harper was a bit to the right and O'Toole wasn't much different from Trudeau. Maxime Bernier is on the right of the spectrum. 

The spectrum is ever-evolving.  Canada is certainly more left than it was 30 years ago.  This is a cultural shift that will continue with demographic changes.  Harper was a pragmatic leader and understood the environment he found himself in.  He muzzled the inflammatory ideologues in the CPC and that's why he had longevity.  Poilievre doesn't have those instincts.   

If Poilievre want's to scrap the carbon tax and use our vast oil and gas reserves that is very pragmatic. Virtually nothing in the Liberal agenda is good for the country and the same can be said of the NDP.

A lot of Canadians can get behind pipelines and not self-flagellating over our oil and gas reserves.  Canada is uniquely stupid in that regard and I suspect there would be quite a few conservative candidates (and even some Liberals outside of Trudeau-style politicking) that could get behind supporting Alberta oil (myself included).  That's not all that Pierre is about, however, and his caustic, wormy history will be too much for the rest of Canada.  

The Liberals are too concerned about pushing the idiotic woke agenda down our throats. Sensitivity training, anti-racism this or that, dozens of genders and counting...the list goes on and on.

Whatever good arguments you might have about the Liberal tendency for bleeding-heart over-correctness is lost once you start parroting these slogans as scary concepts.  There's nothing wrong with sensitivity training, anti-racism or gender diversity in principle.  Sometimes they push it to absurdity but the all-or nothing rhetoric makes most people just tune you out.  

Edited by Moonbox

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

There's nothing wrong with sensitivity training, anti-racism or gender diversity in principle.  Sometimes they push it to absurdity but the all-or nothing rhetoric makes most people just tune you out.  

Yes there is. Race based Hiring is ridiculous.

57 minutes ago, West said:

Oh yes every country's leader just magically has all these ideas at the same time. If you say so ?

What's "magic" about governments around the world agreeing to stuff and coming to consensus?  This is a PERFECT example of your failure in critical thinking and reasoning.   Instead of entertaining the preposterous idea that human beings can actually find common cause over universally human issues, you see:

charly.jpg

Edited by Moonbox

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

What's "magic" about governments around the world agreeing to stuff and coming to consensus?  This is a PERFECT example of your failure in critical thinking and reasoning.   Instead of entertaining the preposterous idea that human beings can actually find common cause over universally human issues, you see:

charly.jpg

You sir are arguing something I'm not lol. I'm merely showing you how WEF/UN have penetrated Canada's cabinet and influence policy. 

As I've already said the degree to which this is concerning will depend on your views of said policy ie stakeholder capitalism, Agenda 2030, etc. 

Nothing "conspiratorial" about talking about foreign influence through channels ie the WEF

Edited by West

41 minutes ago, West said:

You sir are arguing something I'm not lol. I'm merely showing you how WEF/UN have penetrated Canada's cabinet and influence policy. 

No duh.  So what?  

41 minutes ago, West said:

As I've already said the degree to which this is concerning will depend on your views of said policy ie stakeholder capitalism, Agenda 2030, etc. 

Nothing "conspiratorial" about talking about foreign influence through channels ie the WEF

The degree to which you'd have us believe the WEF influences/controls/whatever you figure is what's questionable here, and the way you keep referring to Klaus Schwab as some sort of nefarious behind-the-scenes puppetmaster.  

50 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The spectrum is ever-evolving.  Canada is certainly more left than it was 30 years ago.  This is a cultural shift that will continue with demographic changes.  Harper was a pragmatic leader and understood the environment he found himself in.  He muzzled the inflammatory ideologues in the CPC and that's why he had longevity.  Poilievre doesn't have those instincts.   

A lot of Canadians can get behind pipelines and not self-flagellating over our oil and gas reserves.  Canada is uniquely stupid in that regard and I suspect there would be quite a few conservative candidates (and even some Liberals outside of Trudeau-style politicking) that could get behind supporting Alberta oil (myself included).  That's not all that Pierre is about, however, and his caustic, wormy history will be too much for the rest of Canada.  

Whatever good arguments you might have about the Liberal tendency for bleeding-heart over-correctness is lost once you start parroting these slogans as scary concepts.  There's nothing wrong with sensitivity training, anti-racism or gender diversity in principle.  Sometimes they push it to absurdity but the all-or nothing rhetoric makes most people just tune you out.  

Sensitivity training, race and gender diversity etc are far more important to the Liberals than having a sound economy along with a strong oil and gas sector. Promoting woke nonsense over basic common sense does not benefit the country. How high is the price of gas going to go? $2,$3 $4 per litre or more? Does anyone in the Liberal government care about record levels of inflation that Canadians have to deal with? That cost get's passed onto virtually everything. Affordable energy was one of the things that allowed us to have such a high standard of living.

I expect Trudeau will do nothing to tackle the rise of inflation and instead will continue with the politically correct nonsense and the endless selfies. He doesn't have a real plan , he's just an actor.

39 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

No duh.  So what?  

The degree to which you'd have us believe the WEF influences/controls/whatever you figure is what's questionable here, and the way you keep referring to Klaus Schwab as some sort of nefarious behind-the-scenes puppetmaster.  

Once again arguing something I'm not. ?

7 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

How is a transition to nuclear power destroying people economically? Selling off and burning our oil and coal will destroy future generations of Canadians.

Your right in the middle ground, the climate change folks and environmentalists have already blacked balled Nuclear power... and until they can come up with a energy source that can power a transport truck for very long distances we are stuck with fossil fuels...and until the planet gets hot enough to cook people, they won't be changing their minds any time soon...    

6 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Rempel comes across as smart and probably would make a good leader.. her love for alberta makes me worry about how she would run the rest of the country though.

worried about not getting your share of hand outs, or worried about Alberta getting a leg up in a industry that has been gutted like a fish...

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

worried about not getting your share of hand outs, or worried about Alberta getting a leg up in a industry that has been gutted like a fish...

that's a jerk way of wording it dude seriously.  I would pick her over pierre atleast a woman as leader may be the change this country needs tbh  .

5 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

So your solution to avoiding the greenhouse effect is rationing? Uranium is a bridge to thorium and, hopefully fusion. Your posts, if I understand you correctly, prioritized money over lives. We need to make small sacrifices now to save future generations.

Just a question, with gas prices going on 2 dollars a liter in some places and expected to go much higher, do you think voters are ready to keep the carbon taxes, or  dump that whole idea... something that works maybe..

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Pierre is about, however, and his caustic, wormy history will be too much for the rest of Canada. 

Thats a bold statement, considering everything Justin has done in the last 8 years, and yet he still has Canadians support some how...Why is it we can discount him , based on his performance in the Conservative government , he was after all on strings like everyone else...do we have hard examples of him in a major leadership role... and if not we are only guessing so far... i can honestly say I'm not a big fan of Pierre, but i do like some of his policies he has announced... and i'm sure we are not done hearing the same from different candidates

Justins all or nothing rhetoric has not been tuned out why is his message so different ?

19 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

that's a jerk way of wording it dude seriously.  I would pick her over pierre atleast a woman as leader may be the change this country needs tbh  .

You'll have to excuse my thought process,  the left tends to be more concerned over social programs than what is good for the country. And i agree i like her better than Pierre, but does she have what it takes to defeat Justin... Becasue right now i'd vote for a 3 legged green goffer, with one eye and no balls if i knew they could defeat Justin. 

what change do you think she can bring to this country, and what happened to your concern over he favoring Alberta. 

19 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

You'll have to excuse my thought process,  the left tends to be more concerned over social programs than what is good for the country. And i agree i like her better than Pierre, but does she have what it takes to defeat Justin... Becasue right now i'd vote for a 3 legged green goffer, with one eye and no balls if i knew they could defeat Justin. 

what change do you think she can bring to this country, and what happened to your concern over he favoring Alberta. 

Social programs are good in my opinion depending what it is and how much money of course   but anyway I didn't say I would vote for her  over trudeau it would depend on her campaign because i ain't happy with trudeau either  its more  like the devil you know then don't when it comes to him. However  if its him or pierre then yea its 100% trudeau for me  .I just meant  that I would have more faith in her  then pierre because she actually can talk on issues without turning into insults and acting like a child like he does at times. and I think  it may be time for a female PM   is all . People like Pierre  just rub me the wrong way the way he talks it's  trumpish lite doesn't work for me. Otoole  while I didn't vote for him I wouldn't of minded as pm  if he had won tbh  he didn't  scare me like  harper or  scheer (harper with a smile)  did.

Edited by Jack9000

6 hours ago, West said:

It's crazy how your money just isn't your own anymore. The world is f'd.

Kamala Harris can bail violent criminals out of jail and become the VPOTUS, but if a girl who works at Tim Horton's donates $50 to a peaceful protest she gets her bank accounts seized. 

You can have it all taken away if you are just born in the wrong country now. 

It's a disgrace. 

Yup, restrictions are replaced by forcing people into poverty.  Screw that.  Let’s unleash the power of the Canadian economy.  Eliminate carbon taxes and pump that oil.  Alberta in ascendancy.   This can be when Canada finally takes off economically, but the global woke-green fascists must go.  

13 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

Social programs are good in my opinion depending what it is and how much money of course   but anyway I didn't say I would vote for her  over trudeau it would depend on her campaign because i ain't happy with trudeau either  its more  like the devil you know then don't when it comes to him. However  if its him or pierre then yea its 100% trudeau for me  .I just meant  that I would have more faith in her  then pierre because she actually can talk on issues without turning into insults and acting like a child like he does at times. and I think  it may be time for a female PM   is all . People like Pierre  just rub me the wrong way the way he talks it's  trumpish lite doesn't work for me. Otoole  while I didn't vote for him I wouldn't of minded as pm  if he had won tbh  he didn't  scare me like  harper or  scheer (harper with a smile)  did.

There are social programs that we have we need in this country, like health care, welfare programs, etc but today we are funding social programs that do not benefit everyone, like child care that is being sought after, for one it only benefits people making less than 36, k a year and only opens a few thousand space up in each province, the cost 9 bil the first year and 3 to 4 bil each year after...money that could go into our health care which we all desperately need.

Lots of liberal voters are quoting the same thing "the devil you know", thats a cop out really, everyone knows exactly what or what he did not do while Justin was in office for 8 years, Knowing that and still supporting those actions surprises the shit of me, and in supporting him you have agreed to everything he has done, lied, deceived the public on numerous issues, SNC. gun control, firing of the justice minister, the list goes on for a long ways....And if those actions are ok with you, then in my opinion it shows poor character or judgement pick one or the fact that you blindly throw your vote to one party regardless of the candidate, and that is always good voting practices once again showing poor judgement or character. 

What scares you about any of the conservative candidates, if you don't mind me asking ?