Conservative Leadership September 10th

11 minutes ago, West said:

There'll be no majorities with the Bloc's stranglehold in Quebec. 

Difficult but not impossible. I could see the Bloc forming a coalition with the CPC in a minority situation. Quebec has come back more to the center under CAQ. The Bloc also voted down the Emergency Act.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I no longer vote right or left. I vote for who can win enough power to combat climate change. I vote physics.

the government sucks at that

they just make the problem worse

and create additional problems worse than climate change

giving the government more power or money is almost never the answer

wise up

Edited by Yzermandius19

Raising the already high cost of living is no way to fight “climate change”.  New ways of building, growing, and producing energy and food can reduce greenhouse gas emissions somewhat, but more people equals more emissions generally.  Now, the population will decline as the Boomers die off.  Urban, educated people have fewer kids.  We are getting more urban and educated.  Emissions will abate naturally, probably dramatically from the mid-21st century.  Destroying people economically today through carbon taxes and reductions in secure oil and gas supply makes us more vulnerable to far greater oppression than the effects of climate change.  Ask Ukraine and Germany.  Ask single parents who make long commutes because they couldn’t afford homes near the city.

Cost of living, employment, and citizens’ rights must be the top priorities of government, not implementing punishing international central planning schemes to control the behaviour of populations and remove rights.  Trudeau and most of today’s Parliament consists of elitist ideologues who are out of touch with that challenges working people face every day, including the essential workers we used to call heroes.   

13 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Pierre is unelectable.  He's a populist ass-licker and will have absolutely no appeal outside of the conservative base. 
If folks want Trudeau in for another term, he's the path for that.  He'd perform no better than the Reform Party and would get no support outside of the West and more isolated/rural parts of the country.  

I would vote for a guy like Chong in a second.  He's always been level-headed and principled (lost a cabinet position for not towing the party line under Harper) and can appeal to the middle ground in a way that someone like Pierre the dweeb can't.  

Charest I think can win an election and can appeal to the middle-right as well, but I'm not sure he can win a leadership campaign as a former Quebec Liberal where too much of the Leadership contest depends on the West. 

If we want to actually get rid of Trudeau, we need pragmatism instead of dogmatism.  Pierre will be a non-starter for huge swathes of the country.    

Chong is who I want also he's the only one that would 100% make me vote conservative  for the first time in my life if he was the leader.  couple other's I would consider it like Brown or charest but not certain like chong.

Pierre  or the lady lewis are no go's for me.. would never get my support with what they stand for and would 100% vote liberal just to keep them out in a general election even though trudeau  hasn't been great.

Edited by Jack9000
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

That you don't see the glaring hypocrisy and the total lack of perspective in your comments is worrying to me.  

Really ?  This is % wise less than the NDP and Greens get for their ideas and bleeds from conservative support.  If you are a leftist you shouldn't be worried.  If you are a centrist, perhaps worry that the country is losing its centre.

3 hours ago, West said:

Then how did O'Toole lose? The guy was further to the left than the NDP on alot of issues and still lost

no he wasn't lol don't just start making stuff up lol. otoole was a center- right  leader.He was actually looking like he might win until about 3 weeks into it when he started flip flopping on things and it cost him.

3 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Chong is who I want also he's the only one that would 100% make me vote conservative.

I was surprised to hear Tommy Chong was still alive actually.  Is Cheech still around ?  He could run for VP too.

All kidding aside, Conservatives should look at the most L-LIBERAL-RED city in the country - Toronto - and their mayor who is unassailable in terms of support.  The dumb rhetoric from Albert-DUH (not a serious insult, but a reference to some posters on here who use phonetic spelling of provinces, configured as though they were uttered by a Down syndrome boy, as a clever assault on Easterners) that the east loves Trudeau is false.  Just because they vote for Trudeau, doesn't mean they love him.  

A Michelle Rempel or Tommy Chong would do well here.

1 minute ago, Jack9000 said:

no he wasn't lol don't just start making stuff up lol. otoole was a center- right  leader.He was actually looking like he might win until about 3 weeks into it when he started flip flopping on things and it cost him.

-Pro carbon tax

-Pro vaxx pass

-Pro homosexual

Fail to see how he's a conservative

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I was surprised to hear Tommy Chong was still alive actually.  Is Cheech still around ?  He could run for VP too.

All kidding aside, Conservatives should look at the most L-LIBERAL-RED city in the country - Toronto - and their mayor who is unassailable in terms of support.  The dumb rhetoric from Albert-DUH (not a serious insult, but a reference to some posters on here who use phonetic spelling of provinces, configured as though they were uttered by a Down syndrome boy, as a clever assault on Easterners) that the east loves Trudeau is false.  Just because they vote for Trudeau, doesn't mean they love him.  

A Michelle Rempel or Tommy Chong would do well here.

Rempel comes across as smart and probably would make a good leader.. her love for alberta makes me worry about how she would run the rest of the country though.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, West said:

-Pro carbon tax

-Pro vaxx pass

-Pro homosexual

Fail to see how he's a conservative

Lots of  conservatives are pro  Homosexual and pro environment these days it doesn't mean they arn't conservatives... jeeze. you arn't gonna win a election if you run as a anti gay anti environment  choice. the fact   someone being pro homosexual is being used against them in 2022 is embarrassing to be honest.

Edited by Jack9000

15 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Lots of  conservatives are pro  Homosexual and pro environment these days it doesn't mean they arn't conservatives... jeeze. you arn't gonna win a election if you run as a anti gay anti environment  choice. the fact   someone being pro homosexual is being used against them in 2022 is embarrassing to be honest.

So what's conservative about the man ?.. 

Conservatives are traditionally for lower taxes and less government involvement in their affairs not more. What's next you going to tell me that the censorship bills introduced by the Liberals are actually conservative? ?

Fake conservatives like Rempel and O'Toole should just run Liberal. Of course they'd lose their seats..

Edited by West

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Sorry - I think the World Economic Forum conspiracy theory was already debunked by a Conservative MP... move on.

Well I'm sorry, but you need to learn the difference between "debunked" and criticized. 

But yeah, a woman who traveled the world attending WEF conferences while telling us she had no interest in it told us there was nothing to see there.

You believing that, "debunks" the sum total of nothing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Rempel comes across as smart and probably would make a good leader.. her love for alberta makes me worry about how she would run the rest of the country though.

Well... it would maybe be for depressing to Canadians not to have someone who cares so much about Quebec in power.

18 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

She uses the same ridiculous lingo as the leftists ?. No thanks

You know what I'm interested in, right here, right now?

How progs and the prog Conservative hijack arm have such a great interest in telling us more conservative conservatives how we need to or can never vote.

Poilevre seems to be at the top of their anti list so he goes to the top of my Pro. They want Chong, Charest, mandate hypocrite Patrick Brown and the new prog-approved Michelle Rempel so scratch them.

So I'm liking Roman Baber and Leslyn Lewis.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, West said:

So what's conservative about the man ?.. 

Conservatives are traditionally for lower taxes and less government involvement in their affairs not more. What's next you going to tell me that the censorship bills introduced by the Liberals are actually conservative? ?

Fake conservatives like Rempel and O'Toole should just run Liberal. Of course they'd lose their seats..

you really are  a class act . so if someone running as a conservative  has a stance  as pro homosexual or   pro environment  they  are fakes? seriously? Rempel is far from a fake conservative lol I don't even like her that much but I am at least smart enough to understand she is a real conservative  .

Edited by Jack9000
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well... it would maybe be for depressing to Canadians not to have someone who cares so much about Quebec in power.

Lol  fair enough  I would be willing to give her a chance  like I said when she talks he comes across as smart and can discuss topics without sounding like a partisan hack like pierre polievre   she was  just 2 close to harper for my liking which is why I ain't sold on her.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

you really are  a class act . so if someone running as a conservative  has a stance  as pro homosexual or   pro environment  they  are fakes? seriously? Rempel is far from a fake conservative lol I don't even like her that much but I am at least smart enough to understand she is a real conservative  .

If someone advocates for more taxes and a vaccine passport or a $1000 a month testing option (that a former fake conservative rona ambrose is benefitting off of at least in the airports) because you refuse a vaccine, yes I seriously question whether or not that person is a conservative. 

Now if thats your position that's fine but don't brand yourself a conservative because you aren't. Of course if rempel ran as a Liberal in Alberta she'd lose.

Edited by West

44 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Sexuality shouldn’t be a central focus for government.  Provide the rights and move on.   Somehow touting support for all forms of sexual orientation is the hallmark of responsibility?   Sexual orientation should be neutral territory on the level of biological fact.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Sexuality shouldn’t be a central focus for government.  Provide the rights and move on.   Somehow touting support for all forms of sexual orientation is the hallmark of responsibility?   Sexual orientation should be neutral territory on the level of biological fact.  

The issue is moreso the militancy of the homosexual movement. If you wanna be gay go ahead but don't need to start teaching people about made up stuff like the million different pronouns and enforce it through compelled speech laws. 

Rempel et al support that nonsense therefore they are fake conservatives imo. Shouldn't need the government to compell speech.

1 hour ago, West said:

Go visit downtown Calgary 

What does that have to do with nuclear power?

What does that have to do with using up the resorces future generations will need to survive (coal and oil)?

I love downtown Calgary. 

So far, I support Jean Charest for leader.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

Little side-note:

When somebody tells you they're concerned about "environment"  they're talking about their newly defined issue of what they now call "Climate Change," which is more about how bad weather means we're all going to die at any moment from out of control catastrophic global warming - which you could also translate into bad weather.

Apparently bad weather never happened before Al and Greta. Oh, and those people telling us we need to make CAGW our priority aren't conservatives.

1 minute ago, West said:

The issue is moreso the militancy of the homosexual movement. If you wanna be gay go ahead but don't need to start teaching people about made up stuff like the million different pronouns and enforce it through compelled speech laws. 

Rempel et al support that nonsense therefore they are fake conservatives imo. Shouldn't need the government to compell speech.

It’s a one party system in Canada pretty much.  Maybe half the Conservative Party is conservative, but Canadians are taught that actual conservatives are racist-fringe-Nazi by blackface Trudeau and friends.  Media has conditioned the population to agree.