Conservative Leadership September 10th

13 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

So far he's said he's pro-energy and pro-pipeline.  That's so...Liberal of him....

We both know there are liberals that are pro pipelines out there....Justin says he is pro pipelines, i mean he bought one right...How can a Liberal become a blue con over night...I don't think it is possible, the two are on opposite sides of the spectrum, would you believe Justin if he said he was going to run as a blue con...He is a politician , there fore actor, maybe not a good one at this point... like i said lets wait and see, maybe your right maybe he is the next Con leader, , but forgive me if I'm doubtful. 

Edited by Army Guy

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

We both know there are liberals that are pro pipelines out there....Justin says he is pro pipelines, i mean he bought one right...How can a Liberal become a blue con over night...I don't think it is possible, the two are on opposite sides of the spectrum,

and here, again, is the thinking that dooms the CPC to loser-ville.  Everyone who's voted CPC is completely opposite of everyone who's voted Liberal. 

If you can't see the problem with that, there's really nothing else to say to you.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

and here, again, is the thinking that dooms the CPC to loser-ville.  Everyone who's voted CPC is completely opposite of everyone who's voted Liberal. 

If you can't see the problem with that, there's really nothing else to say to you.   

Then....u should be happy?

5 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Not sure where your going with this, But yes, Conservatives are completely opposite of liberal voters 100 % with a huge divide between, bordering on dislike really, hate is to strong a word.... other than being Canadians and liking beer and hockey what do you think they have in common? you think they share the same moral values ? they disagree on most topics, shit they can't even talk to each other...and the sides are not getting closer, they are drifting a light speed apart...

Do i see a problem with that, i see lots of problems...and right now neither side is going to fix them, This country is to divided to the point where neither side really wants to talk to the other... And the center, "my opinion" they are not sure what side to hang out with, and are waiting for all sides to offer them a better package...

11 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Not sure where your going with this, But yes, Conservatives are completely opposite of liberal voters 100 % with a huge divide between, bordering on dislike really, hate is to strong a word....

Where I'm going with this is that your attitude sucks.  This is the dictionary definition of polarization - us vs them.  It's a thoughtless, immature and utterly unproductive way of thinking and will achieve nothing but more division.  There is a wide spectrum of political attitudes in Canada, from the furthest left to the furthest right and everything in between.  The notion that these fall into two camps of "conservatives" or  "liberals" and that they're 100% different is frankly stupid, and that should be self-evident.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Moonbox said:

The Conservative Party isn't a fringe group.  The yahoos on the furthest right side of it are.  

The only reason that the CPC wins the popular vote is that because it has hyper-concentrated support in rural areas and in the West (other than BC).  It does miserably in urban areas.  

Even then, the furthest-right of the party isn't even popular outside of Alberta/Sask/Man.  The old Reform Party faceplanted everywhere in Canada outside of the West, and that's what it can continue to expect under Pierre Poilievre, the new incarnation of Preston Manning.  

Listen to yourself: you're saying that Pierre Poilievre is so far to one side of the political spectrum that he doesn't appeal to enough voters, so you think he can't beat sockboy?

Sockboy is the most extreme politician we've ever had, by far. He's unbelievably shallow, he's ethically challenged, he's a hate monger, he dresses up like a clown, he lies about stupid things like water bottles, he used indigenous people as a prop for two years and then went to Tofino on their one day, and literally no one takes him seriously as a man or as a leader. He had to use the emergencies act before he even tried saying one thing to the Freedom Convoy.

He literally froze people's bank accounts and had them trampled and beaten by police instead of just having a conversation about his own policy of force-vaxing people. That's by far the most fringe thing that any politician anywhere in the world did in the last year.

• Like 2

Nothing that Trudeau has done over the years has dampened support from his fan base. He has little use for ethics, he will not hesitate to insult and disparage anyone that dares to disagree with him. Blackface is perfectly fine too. I don't know if there's any line he won't cross to reach his goals. He is so fortunate to have the full support of the MSM to cover up his mistakes both past and present. What have I left out? Oh yes, groping a female reporter and the non disclosure agreement with a former female student that may be lurking in the shadows. Nothing to see here, move along.

Poilievre is the current front runner and he and everyone else running for the leadership is going to face a barrage of attacks from the media.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the popularity of Trudeau doesn’t reflect well on Canadians who have clearly bought into the nice hair and smooth words.  Style over substance is the theme for Canada these days.  We need to push back on nonsensical stories.  Fear of climate  change is now running our economy into the ground with hyperinflation. How much has actual climate change altered your existence where you live?  How much is hyperinflation impacting your family now?  The elites are insulated from the impacts.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

19 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I know right there is tons and tons of people that switch between con and liberal  each election lol. 

I don't think either of them can win the party leadership, but they have 6 months to sort it out I guess.  Preston Manning 2.0 Pierre Poilievre will do a great job getting everyone who was already going to vote CPC to vote CPC again.  He'll maybe even take votes away from the PPC.  It'll just be sad watching him strike out completely in Quebec, the Maritimes, most of BC and all of urban Ontario (so like half of the country's seats ?). 

57 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I don't think either of them can win the party leadership, but they have 6 months to sort it out I guess.  Preston Manning 2.0 Pierre Poilievre will do a great job getting everyone who was already going to vote CPC to vote CPC again.  He'll maybe even take votes away from the PPC.  It'll just be sad watching him strike out completely in Quebec, the Maritimes, most of BC and all of urban Ontario (so like half of the country's seats ?). 

I’d rather the Conservatives be conservatives and keep you, Jack9000, eyeball, and the other commie nutters in the Liberal Party.  We’ll just wait until your mismanagement of the country becomes so painfully obvious that the public finally realizes they’ve fallen off a cliff and only a counter-movement can bring them back.  Why poison the well?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’d rather the Conservatives be conservatives and keep you, Jack9000, eyeball, and the other commie nutters in the Liberal Party.  

Exactly.

After seeing all of the things that leftists supported over the past few years, I'm definitely in no rush to be associated with them.  

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’d rather the Conservatives be conservatives and keep you, Jack9000, eyeball, and the other commie nutters in the Liberal Party.  

All or nothing!  Agree with me on everything or you're a commie nutter!  

7 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

We’ll just wait until your mismanagement of the country becomes so painfully obvious that the public finally realizes they’ve fallen off a cliff and only a counter-movement can bring them back.  Why poison the well?

I've voted Conservative...like 90% of the time.  I've also been a Trudeau hater for as long as I could vote.  Like I said before, you can search me on this forum and find posts about me complaining about him back when he originally elected as an MP.  That's what makes this sort of ranting so unbelievably retarded.  If believing the conspiracy theories, yelling moronic rhetoric about commies and fascists and just generally being an ignorant fool is the pre-requisite for being part of the CPC, you'll have a pretty small tent!  Good luck in the election....

Shaq.jpg

Edited by Moonbox

32 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

All or nothing!  Agree with me on everything or you're a commie nutter!  

I've voted Conservative...like 90% of the time.  I've also been a Trudeau hater for as long as I could vote.  Like I said before, you can search me on this forum and find posts about me complaining about him back when he originally elected as an MP.  That's what makes this sort of ranting so unbelievably retarded.  If believing the conspiracy theories, yelling moronic rhetoric about commies and fascists and just generally being an ignorant fool is the pre-requisite for being part of the CPC, you'll have a pretty small tent!  Good luck in the election....

Shaq.jpg

Stay out of the tent

18 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

I know right there is tons and tons of people that switch between con and liberal  each election lol. 

that's because the Liberals and Conservatives are basically identical

meanwhile we have fools like Moonbox who think the CPC never compromises and is too far to the right to win

when they are further left than they've ever been and losing

only the far left thinks there is some big difference between the CPC and LPC

so pandering to them when they will never vote for the CPC no matter how far left they go is asinine

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

The purpose of a political party is to win elections. That is the sole purpose. It is not to impose some silly ideology in the mistaken idea that a single philosophical idea holds the solution to all problems. People will support a candidate that is competant, confident and astute. Lewis and Poilievre are tied into ideology. The road to defeating the grits is to win over as many voters who voted Liberal in the last election. We do that by offering them competant, intelligent candidates who will focus on solving problems rather than trying to impose their ideology. They have to inspire the voters' confidence. I can't decide whether I will support Mr. Charest or Mr. Brown in the leadership.

Edited by Queenmandy85

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The purpose of a political party is to win elections. That is the sole purpose. It is not to impose some silly ideology in the mistaken idea that a single philosophical idea holds the solution to all problems. People will support a candidate that is competant, confident and astute. Lewis and Poilievre are tied into ideology. The road to defeating the grits is to win over as many voters who voted Liberal in the last election. We do that by offering them competant, intelligent candidates who will focus on solving problems rather than trying to impose their ideology. They have to inspire the voters' confidence.

It is not the fear of climate change that will ruin the economy. It is climate change itself. You seem to think the effects are instantaneous. The real effects will start to have an impact on future generations and the impact will be catastrophic. The earth has been warmer in the past, but the speed at which we are adding greenhouse gases is much faster than in the past. The normal processes that mitigate the effects are unable to respond. On occasion, we have had events such as this so we can see the impact of sudden climate change. In the 4th century, Europe suddenly cooled. The result was the western Roman Empire collapsed and Europe entered the dark ages that took centuries to recover. That was a minor event triggered by volcanic activity.

The key to mitigating the effects is to reduce carbon emissions and population. We need to transition off fossil fuels. Petroleum and coal are integral to modern technology, but not as fuel. We need to start transitioning to nuclear and solar power globally, until we can make thorium and fusion viable. That is where you will see the world's economy blossom.

Anyway, coffee rush is over and I can't decide whether I will support Mr. Charest or Mr. Brown in the leadership.

I think the climate change scare is mostly overblown BS that is the new excuse for government overreach and exploitation.  It’s going to make people poorer and strip away human and constitutional rights.  Don’t tread on me.

I won’t support any government that maintains that oppressive narrative, Liberal or Conservative.  I hope the Conservatives counter this narrative. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think the climate change scare is mostly overblown BS that is the new excuse for government overreach and exploitation.  Don’t tread on me.  

I deleted that segment of my post as it was pure thread drift. However, I think you may have a case for litigation against your physics teacher for negligence if (s)he let you pass with that clear lack of understanding of the properties of carbon dioxide and methane. 

To the moderators, I apologize for the thread drift.