Evil Russian Empire invades defenseless Ukraine.

CITIZEN_2015

4 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Federal government warns Canadians against joining Russia to fight against Ukraine.

https://www.cp24.com/news/federal-government-warns-canadians-against-fighting-for-russia-in-ukraine-1.5804353

I must admit it never ever crossed my mind there may be Canadians anywhere who may even consider joining Russian invading forces who are intentionally killing defenseless women and children and occupying a sovereign country.

That said there are murderous people everywhere including Canada and could be among us Canadians as well who may enjoy hunting innocent defenseless people and kill them and it will bring them joy to see women and children shot dead or bombed into death. Those bastards who will take part in the crime against humanity MUST BE PUT ON TRIAL as taking part in committing war crimes and crimes against humanity and receive the maximum allowable sentence under Canadian law.

First off, Russia is no longer a signatory of the Geneva convention, and does not have to abide by any of its conventions... Besides the only members states to have been charged with any offenses under this act are the losers of the conflict. winners never go to court... And I'm pretty sure Russia is not going to lose this conflict... 

The west really does not have much room to throw stones here, unless it can be proved that it was done intentional, but and there is always a but if the commander has taken every precaution to minimize civilian deaths then those numbers are switched form dead civilians to collateral damage. Lobbing Artillery rounds into civilians areas is intentional targeting unless there was Ukrainian forces in the areas and the target is worth the action. 

Not making excuses for the Russians, just  interrupting the Geneva convention and the rules of war... In this case Russia has not signed on to the conventions according to Putin, and there not forced to abide by them, but he or any commander guilty of giving orders to attack civilian targets could be taken to the war crimes tribunal  and tried for war crimes.. that normally only happens if you lose, or travel to the rest of the world where those laws exist.  

mean while here in Canada, we have several cases that did not face anything or any charges...

You mean like we did for Omar and his family, or how about the dozens or so ISIS Canadians or their families.... Canada talks a good game but sucks at the execution of it all. 

The government has decided not to repatriate the Canadian citizens detained in Syria facing charges because they claim it is difficult to gather evidence that proves what the individuals did in Syria.

Human Rights Watch says none of the Canadians have been charged with crimes in Canada, nor have Syrian authorities brought them before a court.

Which is why some nations just put these names on a kill list and make them disappear. But here in Canada we give them 10 million dollars , give them schooling and set them and their terrorist families the good life...

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

That said we've both uttered or attributed some pretty heinous shit towards one another.

I'm more of a future guy. We've also been moving towards a much smaller thing - a pale blue dot perhaps. Certainly a better vision for the future instead of a struggle over who or what should dominate it, especially if it's just for history's sake. Nobody likes to be dominated and it's great to hear you acknowledge I'm not a warmonger.  That said, you better  promise to keep your filthy state off my back or I'll sic mine on you so fast...meh.  Back to back sounds more constructive. 

Born in the same place as everyone nonetheless - directly over the center of the pale blue dot. 

Well I'm sorry for that on my part. I'm trying to be more civil. Especially to you as we're really not that different. I accept your opinion on things these days. There are bigger things afoot. 

So here's to us...in the fishing boat together. Another beer?

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

an all out battle is in progress at Zaporizhzhya

home of the largest nuclear power plant in Europe

the mayor of the city reports that the nuclear power plant is on fire, after being hit by Russian artillery

Attacking a crucial nuclear energy producing centre is like attacking all of Europe. Let alone the possibility of another Chernobyl in the Ukraine.

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Attacking a crucial nuclear energy producing centre is like attacking all of Europe. Let alone the possibility of another Chernobyl in the Ukraine.

even putting aside the barbarous immorality of the Russian wanton destruction

the targeting of infrastructure, population centers & mass murdering of civilians

it doesn't even make any sense from a military point of view

tactically it is just inciting ever fiercer resistance

operationally it makes no sense to destroy the country you plan to occupy

and strategically it simply ensures that you will never have a stable peaceful end state

this is the effects of militarism

when you fight wars for their own sake alone

there's no clear path to a peaceful orderly end state

there's no clearly achievable strategic objective

the operations are irrationally counterproductive

and the tactical level is a chaotic fiasco

just going around blowing shit up and killing people for no particular reason

this is Russia suffering from Anomie

the urge to destroy the other is the urge to destroy oneself

this really feels like Russia is on a national suicide mission

most Russians are not protesting, most Russians seem to be joining in with the mass seppuku

mind you, the KGB is really put the squeeze on the home front

Russia is reportedly about declare martial law

young men are apparently fleeing to avoid conscription

they are passing a law which makes it illegal to call the "special military operation" a "war"

calling the war a "war" is punishable by up to 50 years in prison

a mother took her children to lay flowers at the Ukrainian embassy in Moscow

the children are ages 7,9 & 11

they were all arrested, the children put in jail separated from their mothers

Russia is going back to being the Soviet Union overnight

Ukrainian civilians finding abandoned Russian vehicles on the battlefield

undamaged, no casualties, just sitting in a farmers field, no Russian troops to be seen

Russian troops are just leaving their vehicles and walking away in this case it seems

they found a brand new Panstir S1 and set that one on fire

and they found a main battle tank, took that for a joyride

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

First off, Russia is no longer a signatory of the Geneva convention, and does not have to abide by any of its conventions... Besides the only members states to have been charged with any offenses under this act are the losers of the conflict. winners never go to court... And I'm pretty sure Russia is not going to lose this conflict... 

The west really does not have much room to throw stones here, unless it can be proved that it was done intentional, but and there is always a but if the commander has taken every precaution to minimize civilian deaths then those numbers are switched form dead civilians to collateral damage. Lobbing Artillery rounds into civilians areas is intentional targeting unless there was Ukrainian forces in the areas and the target is worth the action. 

Not making excuses for the Russians, just  interrupting the Geneva convention and the rules of war... In this case Russia has not signed on to the conventions according to Putin, and there not forced to abide by them, but he or any commander guilty of giving orders to attack civilian targets could be taken to the war crimes tribunal  and tried for war crimes.. that normally only happens if you lose, or travel to the rest of the world where those laws exist.  

mean while here in Canada, we have several cases that did not face anything or any charges...

You mean like we did for Omar and his family, or how about the dozens or so ISIS Canadians or their families.... Canada talks a good game but sucks at the execution of it all. 

Which is why some nations just put these names on a kill list and make them disappear. But here in Canada we give them 10 million dollars , give them schooling and set them and their terrorist families the good life...

If Putin is toppled in a coup as a result of many Russians including his closest circles being hit with sanctions or suffering too high Russian casualties in his imposed war game or Russian economy diving into blackhole, then he can be delivered to the West and hanged for war crimes or the next Russian regime may do so. That was what happened with their last Tsar when Russians suffering too much casualties at the front and the economy dived into recession in 1917. Those soldiers or commanders taken as POW can also be delivered to the West for prosecution as war criminals.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, DogOnPorch said:

Well I'm sorry for that on my part. I'm trying to be more civil. Especially to you as we're really not that different. I accept your opinion on things these days. There are bigger things afoot. 

So here's to us...in the fishing boat together. Another beer?

Beer? I'm dosing on edibles at the moment (at the behest of my poor suffering wife) for her and my effing back. I figured two was better than one so maybe two beers too.

Took 2 two couple...yup...Robax are kicking in 2 I think.

And yeah, I have a two regrets few so no hard feelings.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

It's like we're in a Godzilla movie or something.

Was Godzilla really the bad guy? That always was a little ambiguous wasn't it?

Edited by eyeball
OftenWrong's confusion.
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

If Putin is toppled in a coup as a result of many Russians including his closest circles being hit with sanctions or suffering too high Russian casualties in his imposed war game or Russian economy diving into blackhole, then he can be delivered to the West and hanged for war crimes or the next Russian regime may do so. That was what happened with their last Tsar when Russians suffering too much casualties at the front and the economy dived into recession in 1917. Those soldiers or commanders taken as POW can also be delivered to the West for prosecution as war criminals.

That is the only way Putin is going to fall,  from within Russia...and the west does not have a clue what the Russian people thinking right now...Russian Causalities are not high in terms of what is acceptable to the Russian high command...Yes the Russian economy is suffering but all these elites are worth billions, they'll still be eating caviar while regular Russians are eating table scrapes on a pig farm.

Unless you have direct proof of war crimes like photos, lots of eye witness how can you prosecute war criminals.. we can not even charge a terrorist for being a terrorist... 

11 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Consequences of not finishing a job

Bargained with the devil

War by half measures

Sowed the wind,

Reaped the whirlwind

Now the price must be paid

Now the real untermensche is revealed

this is like Russia swallowing a porcupine

even if they are able to occupy Ukraine

that ain't happening anytime soon

at the pace they are going, that will take months

but even if they get that done

zero chance they can control it

the ferocious insurgency is yet to come

• Like 1

Murderous Russian regime and Russian army are purposely targeting civilian residential areas and killing innocent defenseless Ukrainian civilians in order to break the nation's resistance against invading Russian army.

Murderous Putin and his entire army general must be condemned to war crimes in international courts so that they will be arrested for mass murder as soon as they leave Russia and this will also encourage dissident Russian army to stage a coup against these bastard killers. Hopefully Russians themselves would hang these bastards because there is no capital punishment in Western countries if they are caught there.

There is a difference between attacking a country in the hope of conquering it and annexing it to your territory and attacking a country in the hope of just defeating it at war.

If you only want to beat a country at war there are no restrictions how much you can destroy it. If you hope to conquer a country you don't want to conquer a pile of rubble, do you?

19 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Consequences of not finishing a job

Bargained with the devil

War by half measures

Sowed the wind,

Reaped the whirlwind

Now the price must be paid

Now the real untermensche is revealed

You mean the decision to not continue pushing all the way to Moscow after the fall of Hitler - coulda woulda shoulda?

7 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I can understand why NATO can't impose no fly zone but the West must do a much better job at arming Ukraine by defensive weapons like huge number of anti-tank missiles and air defense systems and tanks. It is not happening fast enough or at large enough quantities. 

I don't understand why we can't supply Ukraine with enough planes to try and enforce their own no-fly zone. I realize that's a tall order but...

In any case, seeing that Russian column stalled on the road to Kiev the way it is must drive anyone who flies a Warthog apoplectic. 

38 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I don't understand why we can't supply Ukraine with enough planes to try and enforce their own no-fly zone. I realize that's a tall order but...

In any case, seeing that Russian column stalled on the road to Kiev the way it is must drive anyone who flies a Warthog apoplectic. 

Yes the West should supply Ukraine with advanced planes if they have trained pilots to fly them and successfully go into dog fights with advanced Russian planes and shoot them down. Also supply of drones and plenty of them can help but supply of massive number of defensive equipment like anti tanks and anti planes helps too.

BUT most importantly supply of intelligence to Ukraine army. One example, accurate movement and location of Russian army and convoys for Ukrainians to hit and destroy.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

The son of the bitch is 70 years old (born in 1952). He will be dying soon of old age (average lifespan in Russia is under 75) so why the hell he is committing so much crimes against humanity for God's sake I don't understand. He will soon join and face the people he is killing. Putin son of the bitch.

Soon Putin will be shovelling coal in a very hot place but will he take the whole world with him?

However, even if things turn out fine Putin's successor will have some hell of convincing to do that he isn't Putin 2.0 and the western investments are more than welcome back to Russia. 

the Russians continue to hammer the Kiev suburb of Irpin with artillery, driving the population to flee

northwest of the city, creeping their way slowly around the objective at 15 kilometers away

this is where the Poles are failing to learn the lesson of their own history

to just sit back and let this come right up to the Polish border ?

because of some vague guarantees that America & Britain would defend you ?

this is how the Poles were annihilated in the Second World War

so if I was Poland, I would enter the war now, by moving into northwest Ukraine as a bulwark

I'd fly my F-16s in CAP over my forces, defy the Russians to take them on

if Russia can have a buffer zone, so can I

to hell with NATO