Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

It never ceases to amaze me how naive many people are on here.  People's hate for Trudeau and the health restrictions has blinded them to the fact that Canada is under seige by a mob including seditionists who want to overthrow our democratic system.  Arrests have already been made of people for conspiracy to commit murder.  We still don't know what the authorities may encounter in  removing the illegal Ottawa blockade-occupation.

Throwing around nonsense doesn't make you any more credible. 

1 minute ago, West said:

Throwing around nonsense doesn't make you any more credible. 

Blackbird doesn’t know that the arrests in Alberta over arms involved people who weren’t protesters.

Blackbird doesn’t seem to know that the Ambassador Bridge isn’t the only crossing in Windsor.

Blackbird’s Covid fears are looking increasingly overblown and don’t match reality.

Trudeau doesn’t even talk about Covid anymore because the mandates, restrictions, and Emergency Measures Act don’t have anything to do with Covid and it doesn’t take much inquiry to see the massive power grab that’s underway.   What’s more frightening is that he’s getting away with it so far.

Again though, if Canadians refuse to remove tyranny and restore constitutional rights, the country will be written off and the coming political swing in the US will have consequences for Canada.

Canadians, look outside your Liberal/CBC iron curtain at how Britain and the US are opening up.  See that these countries are strongholds of freedom.  Europe is weak and much of the world has fallen under the control of China-influenced international central planning.   That’s what’s really happening and digital vaccine passports, the outlawing of protests, and the seizure of bank accounts are our reality.  Canada is in serious crisis.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Blackbird doesn’t know that the arrests in Alberta over arms involved people who weren’t protesters.

Blackbird doesn’t seem to know that the Ambassador Bridge isn’t the only crossing in Windsor.

Blackbird’s Covid fears are looking increasingly overblown and don’t match reality.

Trudeau doesn’t even talk about Covid anymore because the mandates, restrictions, and Emergency Measures Act don’t have anything to do with Covid and it doesn’t take much inquiry to see the massive power grab that’s underway.   What’s more frightening is that he’s getting away with it so far.

Again though, if Canadians refuse to remove tyranny and restore constitutional rights, the country will be written off and the coming political swing in the US will have consequences for Canada.

Canadians, look outside your Liberal/CBC iron curtain at how Britain and the US are opening up.  See that these countries are strongholds of freedom.  Europe is weak and much of the world has fallen under the control of China-influenced international central planning.   That’s what’s really happening and digital vaccine passports, the outlawing of protests, and the seizure of bank accounts are our reality.  Canada is in serious crisis.

I think we have set the bar pretty high for tolerance of nonsense in this country. The fact that legacy media is calling this "sedition" for protesting on a bridge (my understanding is neither were fully shut down) and potentially slowing traffic at 2 of 1000+ ports of entry in Canada is telling. 

There's absolutely no need to be freezing people's bank accounts over a donation to a protest. It's just dictatorship type stuff

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

blackbird is already sick of all the winning

Yes, but it wouldn’t matter if it was Trump, DeSantis, or someone else, the Americans are done with government overreach.  We’re more compliant and docile in Canada, but the opposition to Trudeau’s diktats will only grow, even if people have to start using symbols to represent freedom to get past the censors.  Humanity has been here before, in the catacombs, in the Solidarity marches, and in the Peasants’ Revolt.   

20 minutes ago, West said:

I think we have set the bar pretty high for tolerance of nonsense in this country. The fact that legacy media is calling this "sedition" for protesting on a bridge (my understanding is neither were fully shut down) and potentially slowing traffic at 2 of 1000+ ports of entry in Canada is telling. 

There's absolutely no need to be freezing people's bank accounts over a donation to a protest. It's just dictatorship type stuff

The Ambassador Bridge was fully shut down.  Your understanding is wrong.  That was over $300M of trade per day that was being compromised.  

As far as donations go, the bigger issue (IMO) is when you have foreign money financing domestic unrest.  The numbers they posted on Monday showed over 50% of the names that were donating to the protest were American.  Thankfully that's not Chinese or Russian, but if you can't see the problem with at least that, then you're not really being reasonable.  

13 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

The Ambassador Bridge was fully shut down.  Your understanding is wrong.  That was over $300M of trade per day that was being compromised.  

As far as donations go, the bigger issue (IMO) is when you have foreign money financing domestic unrest.  The numbers they posted on Monday showed over 50% of the names that were donating to the protest were American.  Thankfully that's not Chinese or Russian, but if you can't see the problem with at least that, then you're not really being reasonable.  

How many ports of entry are in southern Ontario? While I'm sure it was inconvenient, that doesn't make it "sedition" lol. 

As for foreign money, you seem more concerned about someone in the states giving the convoy $20.00 than foreign multinational corps influencing political decisions in Canada. Very telling

Better brace yourself because what's coming next week, a national strike, is gonna cost more than $300 million a day

Edited by West

1 hour ago, West said:

Better brace yourself because what's coming next week, a national strike,

When ruling elites have fully detached themselves from the reality of the country (like with $185K plus allowances plus automatic annual rise), there's only so much of a human language they still understand or care too. That could be one of the words they could notice.

Edited by myata
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, West said:

How many ports of entry are in southern Ontario? While I'm sure it was inconvenient, that doesn't make it "sedition" lol. 

Don't know but there aren't really good alternatives to the Ambassador Bridge.  That's why the Gordie Howe Bridge project is so important.  The Ambassador Bridge already couldn't handle existing traffic and was a huge bottleneck in the supply chain, so when you close it down there aren't really valid alternatives.  

As for foreign money, you seem more concerned about someone in the states giving the convoy $20.00 than foreign multinational corps influencing political decisions in Canada. Very telling

I know it's hard to imagine, but I'm also concerned with corporate lobbying and influencing.  Croneyism is a general problem with all of our political parties.  I've often explained that we have a choice of getting screwed by our public sector unions or by our corporations depending on which party gets elected.  

Better brace yourself because what's coming next week, a national strike, is gonna cost more than $300 million a day

I think it's more likely that the existing protestors just keep protesting.  

9 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Don't know but there aren't really good alternatives to the Ambassador Bridge.  That's why the Gordie Howe Bridge project is so important.  The Ambassador Bridge already couldn't handle existing traffic and was a huge bottleneck in the supply chain, so when you close it down there aren't really valid alternatives.  

I know it's hard to imagine, but I'm also concerned with corporate lobbying and influencing.  Croneyism is a general problem with all of our political parties.  I've often explained that we have a choice of getting screwed by our public sector unions or by our corporations depending on which party gets elected.  

I think it's more likely that the existing protestors just keep protesting.  

The protest was organized by Canadians for Canadians. If people from other places decided to donate, that doesn't mean the protest itself is influenced by foreigners. Certainly not to the extent that Trudeau's government is. These people would've protested regardless. 

Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's inconvenient. I'm sure these people would rather be back to work and be free from government overreach. 

Edited by West

13 minutes ago, West said:

The protest was organized by Canadians for Canadians. If people from other places decided to donate, that doesn't mean the protest itself is influenced by foreigners.

That's exactly what it means.  It might not change the intent or message of the protest, but when foreign money is being used to support domestic protests, that's influencing Canadian politics at large and it's no bueno.  

13 minutes ago, West said:

Certainly not to the extent that Trudeau's government is. These people would've protested regardless. 

That's another issue altogether but one worth discussing I guess.  The SNC Lavalin affair was a pretty clear example of compromised ethics and that wasn't even a foreign corporation.  That doesn't make foreign funding for domestic protests any more acceptable, however.  

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Anyone can provide financial support to any protest anywhere.  Is this China?   Ever see the “bonds for Israel” signs on lawns in Forest Hill?  What do you think the Canadian aid for Ukraine is?  I’m glad Americans donated to the Freedom Convoy and the fact that the Canadian government is trying to freeze the assets illustrates continued attempts at fascist control. 

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

That's exactly what it means.  It might not change the intent or message of the protest, but when foreign money is being used to support domestic protests, that's influencing Canadian politics at large and it's no bueno.  

That's another issue altogether but one worth discussing I guess.  The SNC Lavalin affair was a pretty clear example of compromised ethics and that wasn't even a foreign corporation.  That doesn't make foreign funding for domestic protests any more acceptable, however.  

It's a distraction to try and discredit the protests. The border restrictions impact the US just as much as it impacts us. 

The point I'm making is our PM cries about "foreign influence" whenever it suits him. He's starting to sound like Hillary Clinton. Sends billions of tax dollars to arm Ukrainians and interfere in their political processes, but Canadians challenge their power then all the sudden its a war crime. Pretty pathetic when you think of it 

13 hours ago, Jack9000 said:

2/3rd of the country is against it dude lol..

dude, over 2/3 of the country supports their cause. If you ask them that there is no way out unless you march to JT's house, I believe most of them will support it. It is true because provinces start to drop their c19 policies like there is no tmw. They can read the room.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Anyone can provide financial support to any protest anywhere.  Is this China?   Ever see the “bonds for Israel” signs on lawns in Forest Hill?  What do you think the Canadian aid for Ukraine is?  I’m glad Americans donated to the Freedom Convoy and the fact that the Canadian government is trying to freeze the assets illustrates continued attempts at fascist control. 

Ironically it was a foreign company, general motors, who was likely the ones pushing for the Emergencies Act to be involved ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes that’s right.

the tyrant Trudeau is playing on these fears

the troops & cops are refusing to do his dirty work for him

so he is using the Emergencies Act because it empowers the government to commit crimes

this allows Trudeau to steal the truckers money to force them to submit

using the Communications Security Establishment, Five Eyes, the Canadian NSA

Trudeau is literally evil, satanic

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, West said:

The point I'm making is our PM cries about "foreign influence" whenever it suits him. He's starting to sound like Hillary Clinton. Sends billions of tax dollars to arm Ukrainians and interfere in their political processes, but Canadians challenge their power then all the sudden its a war crime. Pretty pathetic when you think of it 

There's no doubt Trudeau is a hypocrite, but two wrongs don't make a right.  If you can't see the problem with foreign funding for domestic protests, and your argument is, "but but but Trudeau!" then you're going to have a tough time being taken seriously. 

Regarding Ukraine, sending arms to an ally to help them deter outside military aggression is very different from funding domestic protests on their soil. Hopefully you can see that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

There's no doubt Trudeau is a hypocrite, but two wrongs don't make a right.  If you can't see the problem with foreign funding for domestic protests, and your argument is, "but but but Trudeau!" then you're going to have a tough time being taken seriously. 

Regarding Ukraine, sending arms to an ally to help them deter outside military aggression is very different from funding domestic protests on their soil. Hopefully you can see that.

Do you not think Pfizer and Moderna are influencing our public health policy through lobbying?

A bit more concerned about that than some old granny in the US buying a trucker food.

How so? Canadians fund foreign protests all the time ?. How many Canadians do you think sent money to fund BLM protests?

Edited by West
  • Like 1