Trucker's Convoy

West

8 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

I don’t agree with the blockades but I wouldn’t say they are appalling. There are a small minority of those involved doing appalling things but that happens with most protests. One still has to prove that the people doing those things are actually with the convoy 

The blockade is appalling. BTW it was also appalling when FN groups blocked Rail routes

Like with any protest the people who doe the controversial shit are appalling. I think the real shit's going to happen in the next few days when these guys are forcibly removed. 

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You read the room. Here's what I read-

I like how the new CPC leader is on one hand photographed smiling among truck protesters, then releases a statement like "The truck convoy protesters voices have been heard. We hear you. Now it's time to go home."

- She speaky from both sides mouthy
- No idea what a protest is actually about
- In other words, just another political opportunist.
- Get lost...

Because she knows the majority of this country is actually horrified watching these pathetic people embarrass Canada. 

Edited by Boges

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. You read the room. Here's what I read-

2.. I like how the new CPC leader is on one hand photographed smiling among truck protesters, then releases a statement like "The truck convoy protesters voices have been heard. We hear you. Now it's time to go home."

3. Get lost...

1. Ok
2. Sounds like they have lost a major political ally
3. Ok - you don't like her ... but do you think things are going well ?

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

hospitalizations is not spread

it's hospitalizations

you don't even understand basic statistics

I never said hospitalization has the same meaning as spread.  You are being dishonest.

Lack of vaccination causes more spread and spread causes more hospitalization and increased hospitalization puts more pressure on our health care system and the health care providers.  It also denies people urgent heart and cancer surgeries and other procedures.

Vaccination reduces spread and hospitalizations.

1 hour ago, Accountability Now said:

Hospitalizations is not spread. You said vaccines reduce spread and now have flipped your story to hospitalizations. 

Your recent response shows that you are either completely ignorant to the differences or you are willfully lying which is a forum violation. Which is it?

Vaccinations and mandates reduce spread and reduce hospitalizations. 

6 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Lack of vaccination causes more spread and spread causes more hospitalization and increased hospitalization puts more pressure on our health care system and the health care providers.  It also denies people urgent heart and cancer surgeries and other procedures.

I don't actually think it prevents more spread with Omicron. Maybe if you're boosted, but how long is that going to last? 

The main goal of vaccination is to reduce severe illness. And it's done that. 

The spike in Hospitalization was due to the volume of people being infected. We already know almost half of the people Hospitalized weren't even there for COVID, they just tested positive. 

Edited by Boges
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Vaccinations and mandates reduce spread and reduce hospitalizations. 

There's no evidence it reduces spread and 75% of hospitalizations at this time are fully vaxxed... 

Some years the flu is worse than others. 

Edited by West

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

I don't actually think it prevents more spread with Omicron. Maybe if you're boosted, but how long is that going to last? 

The main goal of vaccination is to reduce severe illness. And it's done that. 

The spike in Hospitalization was due to the volume of people being infected. We already know almost half of the people Hospitalized weren't even there for COVID, they just tested positive. 

"

• Studies show that people vaccinated against COVID-19 are likely to be less contagious than non-vaccinated people.
  • This is because vaccinated people carry a viral load in their body that is overall lower than that of unvaccinated people; therefore, the virus cannot be transmitted as effectively.
  • A vaccinated person is also less likely to contract COVID in the first place.
  • Vaccination not only makes a person less contagious, but contagious for a shorter time, creating less spread of the virus through a highly vaccinated community."
  • COVID-19: How do vaccinations help stop the spread? | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)  
  • It always amazes me that people on here don't bother searching a reading a few sources.   Almost all health authorities agree on this.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

"

• Studies show that people vaccinated against COVID-19 are likely to be less contagious than non-vaccinated people.
  • This is because vaccinated people carry a viral load in their body that is overall lower than that of unvaccinated people; therefore, the virus cannot be transmitted as effectively.
  • A vaccinated person is also less likely to contract COVID in the first place.
  • Vaccination not only makes a person less contagious, but contagious for a shorter time, creating less spread of the virus through a highly vaccinated community."
  • COVID-19: How do vaccinations help stop the spread? | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)  
  • It always amazes me that people on here don't bother searching a reading a few sources.   Almost all health authorities agree on this.

Article is from November. Probably referencing Delta. 

Omicron has completely changed the game. 

Edited by Boges

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Ok
2. Sounds like they have lost a major political ally
3. Ok - you don't like her ... but do you think things are going well ?

I see people willing to give everything for something they obviously strongly believe in. They're literally putting their asses on the line here. While everyone else sits back and moans about government overreach, or condones it. The impasse will continue until something happens. But even if they do get cleared out, it's a statement and perhaps a welcome beginning or rebirth of political consciousness in otherwise sleepy Canada.

Go Truckers,

Bring on the hot-dog barbeques,

While political motherf*ckers

call for the riot police right on cue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It always amazes me that people on here don't bother searching a reading a few sources.   Almost all health authorities agree on this.

It always amazes me when people post shit that’s out of date. Your post is from Nov 23….well before Omicron. Things changed with Omicron. Maybe you should too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I don't debate with ignorance.  Try a search engine.  There are countless websites that say it reduces the spread.  

You are on a political forum. People are going to disagree with you. Grow some thicker skin you coward. 

They are using the same faulty logic as you are. I'm well aware of it. 

If it reduces spread then why the hell do we have skyrocketing case numbers and a proportionate case levels between vaccinated and unvaccinated? You have not answered that question jysr result to ad hominemd because you are pathetic

Edited by West

2 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

It always amazes me when people post shit that’s out of date. Your post is from Nov 23….well before Omicron. Things changed with Omicron. Maybe you should too

2 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

Omicron: Vaccinated are less likely to spread BA.2, study finds (cnbc.com)

Get educated..

6 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

It's also debatable if it actually stopped the spread with other variants. Plenty of breakthrough delta cases as well

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. I see people willing to give everything for something they obviously strongly believe in.
2. ..everyone else sits back and moans about government overreach, or condones it.
3. While political motherf*ckers call for the riot police right on cue.

1. Yes.  People react strongly to tribal bonding, in my experience.  The 9-11 terrorists are some other examples, albeit more extreme devotion to the cause.
2. Who is 'everyone' ?  Your ideology seems to assume that everyone is on your side, which is a big problem and if the Convoy people share it, then it could explain why they think they're so popular.
3. Meh... the 'truckers' demand a change in government based on 17% support of their vague cause.  What exactly is the principle here ?  I like popular uprisings, but principled ones.  This one is neither principled, popular nor realistic.

1 minute ago, West said:

It's also debatable if it actually stopped the spread with other variants. Plenty of breakthrough delta cases as well

That’s where they fall back to semantics saying it reduces spread, not stop. Again, their goal posts have moved so many times that the field is covered in holes 

3 minutes ago, Accountability Now said:

And how much BA2 is out there. LMFAO

The manipulation of statistics by fools like this blackbird fellow are astonishing  

The guy has no ability for critical thinking lol. 

Even if it's more transmissable, who cares? A very small number of people actually end up in hospital vaccinated or unvaccinated so to impose mass vaccination programs on a population then implement discrimination based on faulty logic is ridiculous

Sir, it is pointless to discuss with you.  You are on here to throw insults and not interested in learning anything.  Waste of time.

Look at you. 

I've given you studies on who ends up in hospital with Covid. It's the people with 4 comorbities and the elderly regardless of vaccine status. 

Are you going to actually acknowledge that fact? 

Edited by West

Omicron: Vaccinated are less likely to spread BA.2, study finds (cnbc.com)

Transmission rates among unvaccinated people were higher with BA.2 compared to BA.1, indicating unvaccinated people were carrying a higher viral load with BA.2. Although fully vaccinated people are more likely to catch BA.2 than the previous strain, they are less likely to spread it to others, researchers found.

People who received a booster were even less likely to transmit the virus than people who were fully vaccinated.

“This indicates that after a breakthrough infection, vaccination protects against further transmission, and more so for BA.2 than BA.1,” the scientists found.

The study also noted that the higher susceptibility to infection and greater transmissibility of BA.2 will likely result in more extensive spread of the virus among unvaccinated kids in schools and day care.    Unquote