Trucker's Convoy

West

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

Sorry, I don't speak Greek.

Every thread you participate in . . . . . ends up the same.

You just can't accept the fact that other folks question your belief that 2 + 2 = 7.

The truckers in Ottawa have an issue . . . . . your PM is hiding behind Mom's couch in his cardboard fort.  Wooden sword and in one of his many costumes . . . buccaneer perhaps?  Your PM has pissed-off a very large segment of this country and continues to do so with his inflammatory discriminatory statements.  He is a flop.  You can put all the sugar you want on a Turd . . . . but, at the end of the day you still have a Turd.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Maybe if people voted about stuff that actually mattered we'd be in a better position,

OK, this assumes that voting (correctly) is equivalent to the desirable result. Is it though? Is it a confirmed fact, a reasonable expectation or only an assumption? And if the latter, what is it substantiated by? Where, when was an example of an essential problem that was solved, effectively and hopefully at a reasonable cost, within a finite and reasonable time? In other words, do we, can we solve problems and deliver results, or talk, promise and spend? Very obviously, based on direct experience, these are not the same, and neither are the outcomes they produce.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

There have been weapons seized that were coming into the occupation in Ottawa.   There is also information from American intelligence and law enforcement that there are American actors involved in this.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Americans are starting a trucker convoy that will span the nation, starting in California, apparently.  So they are not only coming up here to help their Canadian cousins, and it has to be a proud moment for Canada on the world stage.  For people in several other nations are also starting convoys, copying what Canadians have done. We are leaders on the world stage in the fight against eroding freedoms. 

This is way bigger than your jaded views, one day you will look back on this and be thankful.

Edited by sharkman

It's no longer possible to take in seriously public officials not to mention some of the media. According to Ontario's top doctor "people are still scared and it will take time to get to coexistence with Covid". Yes just like than, seriously. It just so happened that they got scared probably what? despite valiant efforts of the enlightened and educated community to provide objective and rational information, and so now the effort will need to go into unscaring them. Yes, please keep the salary and benefits same, thank-you.

Is it serious? If this is a dumb game someone is playing, why and with who? Is there no record and no mirrors? Echo chamber, anyone? Why saying something else when obviously it should be: yes, there was no reasonable grounds and evidence for our arbitrary restrictions. Sure it was a clear case of an overreach by governments with no checks and no accountability. Of course we did it because we could and for as long as we could get away with it. And now something has changed (smell the air) and so we have to say something different.

But seriously, this is the third world right here. This is what  management of serious public matters is, looks and sounds like in the third world. Congrats to us, everybody. Yes, we did it.

Transport Minister Omar Alghabra is turning out to be a very sensible speaker.  He met with some truckers today and talked with them.  He explained to the media that he understands how Canadians are frustrated with the pandemic and all the health measures that have been taken to fight the pandemic.  Many Canadians have done their part to get vaccinated, and follow the health guidelines.  We don't know where this pandemic is going, but health care workers have been working overtime under unbearable conditions to help people who have been infected.  Thousands of people have had their surgeries put on hold.  Many have died.  Canadians need to hang in there.  We need to get through this and keep the health care system going.  Alghabra is turning out to be a remarkable leader.

Edited by blackbird

39 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Americans are starting a trucker convoy that will span the nation, starting in California, apparently.  So they are not only coming up here to help their Canadian cousins, and it has to be a proud moment for Canada on the world stage.  For people in several other nations are also starting convoys, copying what Canadians have done. We are leaders on the world stage in the fight against eroding freedoms. 

This is way bigger than your jaded views, one day you will look back on this and be thankful.

Yes, the protesters are a big group.  But don't forget there are 38 millions Canadians and I'm pretty sure they don't support extremist law-breakers or people who want to destroy our democratic system and eliminate the health measures to protect Canadians.

16 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Okay may be it is 2% i don't know but what I do know for sure is that it is not 35% percent to form a government to carry out the platform.

There is no such thing as converting gays to hetro. They are born with a different orientation like left handed people. It is like saying converting left handed people to become right handed. It is ridiculous. Anyone trying to convert gay people is a total and complete idiot.

No, I don;;t agree with that in the context that you have presented and if true then.t will be up to our elected MPs to vote down such bill.  Inciting violence and acts of violence or speech encouraging violence against muslims must be prohibited and punishable by law in a clear manner. Also attacks specifically targeting any group must be tried as hate crime  As an example, I can say it is stupid to make hated hijab mandatory however, I should be arrested and go to jail if I attack or insult those who choose wearing hijab or encourage hate against them.

No, children are born non - sexual.  It is a habit or CHOICE to bang the same sex.  It definitely is not an innate part of their genetics.  That is just the garbage that society that dreamed up so we can tolerate the sodomites.

16 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Okay may be it is 2% i don't know but what I do know for sure is that it is not 35% percent to form a government to carry out the platform.

There is no such thing as converting gays to hetro. They are born with a different orientation like left handed people. It is like saying converting left handed people to become right handed. It is ridiculous. Anyone trying to convert gay people is a total and complete idiot.

No, I don;;t agree with that in the context that you have presented and if true then.t will be up to our elected MPs to vote down such bill.  Inciting violence and acts of violence or speech encouraging violence against muslims must be prohibited and punishable by law in a clear manner. Also attacks specifically targeting any group must be tried as hate crime  As an example, I can say it is stupid to make hated hijab mandatory however, I should be arrested and go to jail if I attack or insult those who choose wearing hijab or encourage hate against them.

Am I allowed to go on Facebook and say Mohammed was a pedophile?  Should it be illegal to incite violence say against Christians?  You really think if I insult a muslim I should go to jail?  Wow

Edited by Faramir

14 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I didn't say it doesn't exist. I said those who believe in it are idiots. 

First off Indians don't wear scarf and scarf covers face but head but more importantly You don't address people like that. Who do you think you are to make a judgement on other people or trying to instruct them what to cover and what not to cover or classify and name them by their looks or nationality. How do you feel if they say to you hey white ***** take your pants off so that I can see your ass? Lighter sentence for emotional attacks like insults but a physical attack should definitely carry a jail sentence.

Wow what a scary fascist world you would create.  You want to sentence someone for being an idiot and making an opinion.  Must be a PRAVDA reader.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Faramir said:

No, children are born non - sexual.  It is a habit or CHOICE to bang the same sex.  It definitely is not an innate part of their genetics.  That is just the garbage that society that dreamed up so we can tolerate the sodomites.

This is totally false. Completely and totally false. You are so backward in your way of thinking. Science has proven past many years it is something one is born with.

22 minutes ago, Faramir said:

You really think if I insult a muslim I should go to jail?  Wow

If you carry out an emotional attack on a muslim like calling her names because she chooses to wear a hijab then it is as harmful and as hurtful as physical attack and yes you should be punished for it. You don't like it then don't do it but you have no right to make a judgement or take action on other people who may have  different beliefs or religions.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

This is totally false. Completely and totally false. You are so backward in your way of thinking. Science has proven past many years it is something one is born with.

Are you saying it is part of their DNA, your predestined to being gay ? I'd like to see that science ? And how does science explain all this gender issues we have, like take for example someone that is fluid or can't make up there minds...from one minute to another ? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Army Guy said:

Are you saying it is part of their DNA, your predestined to being gay ? I'd like to see that science ? And how does science explain all this gender issues we have, like take for example someone that is fluid or can't make up there minds...from one minute to another ? 

It is not a choice. They are born gay like those born left handed. A minority and minorities always suppressed by far right.

5 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

If you carry out an emotional attack on a muslim like calling her names because she chooses to wear a hijab then it is as harmful and as hurtful as physical attack and yes you should be punished for it. You don't like it then don't do it but you have no right to make a judgement or take action on other people who may have  different beliefs or religions.

Wow, scary.  So you think if I hurt someone's feeling I should do jail time.  Just wow.  I can't judge people's religion either?  Seriously?  I am totally fine with people slamming my religion.  Go for it.  I am not so insecure in my faith I can't handle it.

13 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Wow, scary.  So you think if I hurt someone's feeling I should do jail time.  Just wow.  I can't judge people's religion either?  Seriously?  I am totally fine with people slamming my religion.  Go for it.  I am not so insecure in my faith I can't handle it.

I am saying no one should be entitled to slam anyone else. What makes you entitled or gives you the right to do so or make a judgement that your way is better? There is a limit to your freedom in every democracy and that is as long as it doesn't infringe on other people's choice or rights or freedom. Same applies to Freedom convoy.

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Of course not, but vaccines are still essential to combat Covid.  If you believe otherwise then you are a potential hazard to yourself and others.  Please isolate yourself, just as I will isolate from you as such:

wn7FBWo.png

You just can not handle the fact. I am not anti or pro vaxx. Look at nhl in the last couple months, outbreak like there is no tmw.

We just need to know all the facts before we can make our own opinion.

1 minute ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I am saying no one should be entitled to slam anyone else. What makes you entitled or gives you the right to do so or make a judgement that your way is better? There is a limit to your freedom in every democracy and that is as long as it doesn't infringe on other people's choice or rights or freedom. Same applies to Freedom convoy.

The Charter of Rights:

Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:

• (a) freedom of conscience and religion;

• (b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;