Trucker's Convoy

West

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

What?  So only SAFE speech is protected by the Charter?  The purpose of the Charter is to protect all speech especially offensive speech.

You don't know anything about the Charter.  You refer to it but you may as well be talking about quantum physics for all your understanding of it.  

1 minute ago, Faramir said:

Ok genius why don't you enlighten me on what the charter says about free expression?  

I have no problem with the Charter and how it's applied.  If you have a legitimate complaint then explain it.  Be specific.    Just yelling CHARTER VIOLATION like a dope is meaningless.  

22 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You don't know anything about the Charter.  You refer to it but you may as well be talking about quantum physics for all your understanding of it.  

Brian Peckford helped write the charter and he's suing the government over the mandates.

He doesn't just know what the Charter is and what it says and how it applies.  He also knows the spirit in which it was written.

It was not written to establish how the Canadian people behave.  It was written to establish how the government was to behave towards the people of Canada.

And our government is in violation of much of it right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Brian Peckford helped write the charter and he's suing the government over the mandates.

He doesn't just know what the Charter is and what it says and how it applies.  He also knows the spirit in which it was written.

It was not written to establish how the Canadian people behave.  It was written to establish how the government was to behave towards the people of Canada.

Brian Peckford makes the same complaints many others have, and his will fail for the same reasons.  There will come a time where the weight of those complaints will outweigh the severity of the public health situation, but until then he's just yelling like everyone else. 

As for the gravitas he carries regarding the Charter, he was a bit-player from a small province with absolutely no background in Law.  He was a highschool teacher before getting into politics, so his understanding of Constitutional Law is about as strong as Justin Trudeau's.  

What's really interesting is how you'll exalt him and his opinions.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

You keep saying that...you have several options, let law enforcement handle it and grin and bear it, or do something about it, organize your own peaceful rally. during the mornings after everyone is gone to work... Jimmy Hendriks purple haze at max volume works for me...AC DC got a lot of loud songs... or here is my favorite the loudest punk rock music you can get, everybody loves punk music. 

Suggesting people do something about it themselves is ridiculous and you know it.

19 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

What's really interesting is how you'll exalt him and his opinions.  

Well, since he helped write it, I think his opinion is at least worth considering.

That's not "exalting" him.

This is the difference between you and I - I consider all the opinions, especially from professionals, scientists who know more than I do.  The scientists I have been following have said from the beginning - the vaccines would be a failure.  They are known as "leaky" vaccines which would never stop infection or transmission.  Turns out they were right.  They said that mass vaccination during a pandemic was an already scientifically well-known terrible response, which would drive the virus to mutate faster - they were right about that too.  They said that eventually and in quite a fast amount of time, it would be the vaccinated dominating hospitals and ICUs. They were right about that too.  They said lockdowns were of little value - right on that too.  They said natural immunity was better - the government  and Big Pharma paid scientists are still denying it exists, which is a scientific impossibility with viruses and they know it.

There are some on here who  openly admit that they do not read anything that contradicts their views or open any links that might say something differently from what the propaganda arm (media) of the government tells them.

Edited by Goddess

2 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Even in oppressive islamic societies there are many gay people who are born gay but have to hide it. It is not the open society or open culture that creates gay individuals. What a person does with her or his body or how it is used is no one's or no religion's business. 

You say it is nobody else's business.  Ask the parents whose family are affected by Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity agenda of schools where they teach school kids they can choose what sex they want to be.  Outrageous and offensive.

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

As premier of N, how did he have any more involvement in the making of the Charter than any other Premier in Canada?  

I didn't say he had more involvement or the most involvement.

I said he helped write it and maybe we should consider what he has to say about how it's being used or applied today.

54 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Couldn't have said it better.  I don't get this fear of letting people speak their minds about religion.  Healthy democracies encourage debate.

21 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Well, since he helped write it, I think his opinion is at least worth considering.

That's not "exalting" him.

This is the difference between you and I - I consider all the opinions, especially from professionals, scientists who know more than I do.  The scientists I have been following have said from the beginning - the vaccines would be a failure.  They are known as "leaky" vaccines which would never stop infection or transmission.  Turns out they were right.  They said that mass vaccination during a pandemic was an already scientifically well-known terrible response, which would drive the virus to mutate faster - they were right about that too.  They said that eventually and in quite a fast amount of time, it would be the vaccinated dominating hospitals and ICUs. They were right about that too.  They said lockdowns were of little value - right on that too.  They said natural immunity was better - the government  and Big Pharma paid scientists are still denying it exists, which is a scientific impossibility with viruses and they know it.

There are some on here who  openly admit that they do not read anything that contradicts their views or open any links that might say something differently from what the propaganda arm (media) of the government tells them.

Great points and I agree that those that didn't resort to lock downs, in the end averaged the same death toll as those that did.  But I think what is missed, and I know most of my so called conservative friends and the wife disagree, there is no severe national health crisis.  COVID came in with a whimper.  And now its almost done for.  We didn't see body bags piling up around hospitals, and we didn't even see much of a public health demand crisis.  

17 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You say it is nobody else's business.  Ask the parents whose family are affected by Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity agenda of schools where they teach school kids they can choose what sex they want to be.  Outrageous and offensive.

More outrageous than offensive.  I mean what we have to have an alphabet soup now of gender identification?  For God's sake I may as well self identify as a colander.  Do I get some special treatment for that?  heh, look at me I have a balloon fetish.  How does that fit in the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ? We use to laugh at those that dressed in drag and couldn't quite narrow in what gender they should be.  Now we simply gloss over the fact there are members of the populace with mental delusions.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Not really.  His contribution to writing it amounted to little/nothing, like most of the people who signed off on it.  It was written by legal experts and scholars, not high school teachers and such that had to rubber-stamp it.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blackbird said:

If there are people in the family distressed by this then they are just misguided and should be excluded from the family. Parents should love their children no matter what. 

I am not sure what you mean by school reaching kids they can choose what sex they want to be. People are born into certain sex and orientation. If I am a boy or a girl nobody can reach to change it but they can teach me at school to be accepting of my classmates no matter what sex they are or orientation they have and that is great.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

If there are people in the family distressed by this then they are just misguided and should be excluded from the family. Parents should love their children no matter what. 

I am not sure what you mean by school reaching kids they can choose what sex they want to be. People are born into certain sex and orientation. If I am a boy or a girl nobody can reach to change it but they can teach me at school to be accepting of my classmates no matter what sex they are or orientation they have and that is great.

We love our children we just don't want them groomed for intercourse by the perverts.  That's the end game of the LGBT crowd.

10 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Are you kidding?  Of course parents should and do love their children no matter what.  But nobody in a school should be giving them the idea they can be a different gender than what they were born.  That is child abuse and should be a criminal offense.

People are not born into a certain orientation.  That again is ridiculous.  A person is what they are biologically born as, either male of female.  You obviously have swallowed the sick progressive delusions.

52 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Suggesting people do something about it themselves is ridiculous and you know it.

Yes , but how do you think this whole convoy thing got started...someone did something themselves...Obviously your not pissed off enough. You just want some else to do it for you...

Just now, blackbird said:

Are you recommending people be vigilantes?   Law enforcement is police business.

If playing loud music or honking horns is being a vigilantes then there is something wrong, i'm not asking you to bring violence, i'm asking you to give the goose what is good for the gander...in this case some honking or loud music...after all protesting them is as legal as them protesting mandates.

So here's how it goes. First we have astronomical budgets to pay for the police (among the top municipal expenses). Then police pays top bucks to subcontractor firm "to manage their message": Ottawa police hire elite crisis-management firm to handle protest messaging.

Will the circle ever stop? Will we ever be off this hook of high level buddies paying our bucks to more buddies? When and what astronomical amounts would it take?

23 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Are you kidding?  Of course parents should and do love their children no matter what.  But nobody in a school should be giving them the idea they can be a different gender than what they were born.  That is child abuse and should be a criminal offense.

People are not born into a certain orientation.  That again is ridiculous.  A person is what they are biologically born as, either male of female.  You obviously have swallowed the sick progressive delusions.

Nobody is teaching kids they have to be something they are not. They may be taught that they can be their own preference if they choose to, and that is fine. This is a free country not an islamic republic to lash people for being different or execute them if they act on their preference. I hope nobody is suggesting that.

People are born with certain preferences and science has proven that. Their mind and soul are what they are. You can't force to change a person.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

24 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It most definitely is child abuse to counsel a confused kid that should regard themselves other than their obvious gender.  I wonder why people are OK with that?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Faramir said:

It most definitely is child abuse to counsel a confused kid that should regard themselves other than their obvious gender.  I wonder why people are OK with that?

People agree with that because it is basic human rights to live his or her life the way he or she prefers and born with and nobody else's business.