The push is on of the Omicron or Omnicon virus.

taxme

This intentional hate-mongering towards the unvaccinated is very worrying. I guess it is silly to draw comparisons between now and the 1930s but you just can't help thinking about the similarities between the times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

The odd time, McCullough would pop in a personal opinion based on his religion.  I didn't always agree with what his opinion was but his science is always bang on. 

You mean Peter McCullough, the guy who said on Joe Rogan that the pandemic was planned? He also said that people are immune to covid after their first exposure. That's some pretty bang-on science.

19 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

This intentional hate-mongering towards the unvaccinated is very worrying. I guess it is silly to draw comparisons between now and the 1930s but you just can't help thinking about the similarities between the times.

I agree unvaxed shouldn't be hated, and JTs comments are reprehensible.  It is silly to draw comparisons between Jews and unvaxed: Jews could not change their Jewishness by taking a vaccine; they were stuck with no options.  Unvaxed have options and the limits on their freedoms are minimal and temporary.

It is difficult for people who are willing to lose their job to remain unvaxed.  But I think employers have the right to set certain requirements for their staff and the right to dismiss employees who do not comply.  Governments are also employers, and their mandates only apply to their employees.  (In Canada, other countries may do things differently).  

The bigger picture here that so many people seem to miss or downplay is the question of freedom itself.  Is it worth anything anymore?  Are people “irresponsible” for wanting to meet people and see their faces?  Is it unreasonable for kids to play sports, and for people to attend community events or stadiums?   We keep hearing that it’s about keeping the hospitals from becoming overwhelmed, but what we measure becomes us.  If we look for Covid through endless testing, even in mild cases or asymptomatic people, we’re going to find it, and our screening will make these people stay home from work.  What’s the value in that?   To slow the spread?  Once people get it they have months of immunity, and the next time they get it they have better resistance.

Is the plan to flood households with tests, find Covid, and scare people back into isolation?  What we’re doing is sick and dysfunctional.  Covid is everywhere in a milder form and most people are well-protected through vaccinations.  They can mask up if they so choose.

People indeed are falling apart, and not because of catching Covid, but the endless fear-mongering and psychological damage from leading sedentary lives in isolation.

The restrictions under which we live are indeed drastic and totalitarian, and they cannot be justified, certainly not at this stage.

End all restrictions immediately.  

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Already happening and we’re managing. People are recovering well, including the immune-compromised.  

Except more children are ending up in hospitals and even though recovery rates are higher, hospitals are coming under stress again because of higher admissions and large numbers of infected workers. 20,000 sick and self isolating in Quebec.

Edited by Aristides

19 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Except more children are ending up in hospitals and even though recovery rates are higher, hospitals are coming under stress again because of higher admissions and large numbers of infected workers. 20,000 sick and self isolating in Quebec.

Well let’s see how it goes.  Brampton, the worst hotspot most of the pandemic in Ontario, removed its Orange Alert.  Again, the focus should be treating the seriously ill now, not treating everyone who tests positive like an invalid.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well let’s see how it goes.  Brampton, the worst hotspot most of the pandemic in Ontario, removed its Orange Alert.  Again, the focus should be treating the seriously ill now, not treating everyone who tests positive like an invalid.  

Hospitals don’t admit people who aren’t sick.

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Develop a full report. Then let’s have a national dialogue. Remember to include the indigenous.

The historic world-pioneering one of a kind in the known Universe Romanow "Let's fix it for a generation" Commission must have been before your time, guessing?

7 hours ago, Aristides said:

Hospitals don’t admit people who aren’t sick.

Well you could move to China.  Very safe.

I want to become an American now. Canada is becoming a sad and miserable place where it’s fine to destroy businesses and mental health over a manageable health risk. We have to wait until the coddled triple vaccinated public can handle minor risks.  It’s so weak.

Oh well, I can have up to six months a year in Florida, so at least I can escape the Soviet iceberg for a while, even if it means spending several hundred dollars on PCR tests to get into my own country when I have to come back.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Yes, that would be a great solution! A great government takes care of everything no need to worry and think. Work hard sweat up get comfortable life and some services. Isn't that what we're looking for mostly or only, anyways?

Or we could simply rename it to something like "New China". Have a referendum too. It's up to you, one or the other, as usual.

22 minutes ago, myata said:

Yes, that would be a great solution! A great government takes care of everything no need to worry and think. Work hard sweat up get comfortable life and some services. Isn't that what we're looking for mostly or only, anyways?

Or we could simply rename it to something like "New China". Have a referendum too. It's up to you, one or the other, as usual.

Add stars or a hammer and sickle to the Liberal logo and Canadian flag.  Good to go.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

If hospital capacity and staff shortages are the reason, the government should immediately set up a bi-partisan committee to study the problem. Develop a full report. Then let’s have a national dialogue. Remember to include the indigenous.

Better yet, let’s spend next year’s health budget on setting up a Royal commission to create a report that tells us what we already know.  They key is, consult consult consult and take many years to complete it.  Make sure that the recommendations include many ideas that have nothing to do with healthcare, but would certainly bankrupt the country upon implementation.  Also, make sure that for every dollar spent there are no measurable outcomes or accountability.  The trick is to pay high salaries to a lot of bureaucrats, make them look busy, and find new ways to tax people and create slush funds that can be drawn upon to buy votes, especially in the Maritimes and places with the highest unemployment levels, because people love freebies. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I want to become an American now. Canada is becoming a sad and miserable place where it’s fine to destroy businesses and mental health over a manageable health risk. We have to wait until the coddled triple vaccinated public can handle minor risks.  It’s so weak.

Oh well, I can have up to six months a year in Florida, so at least I can escape the Soviet iceberg for a while, even if it means spending several hundred dollars on PCR tests to get into my own country when I have to come back.  

You can bitch and whine all you want but the reality is we have to make do with the system we have now, as does every other health care system in the world, which are all being stressed to the max by this pandemic.

How will you pay for your health care in Florida?

Edited by Aristides

29 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You can bitch and whine all you want but the reality is we have to make do with the system we have now, as does every other health care system in the world, which are all being stressed to the max by this pandemic.

I’ll pay for it.  Remember how services cost money?  

14 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

the question of freedom itself.  Is it worth anything anymore?

This can be the reason why responsible democracy has been created and tested, in some places. Society is a complex system. Very few absolute pure and absolute principles can be held, even "never kill" on a closer consideration can be not so simple. In a grown up citizen's democracy there are ways to talk and make decision in such cases. For example:

- this is a critical matter for the society and these are the reasons we think so and here's the evidence

- we propose these solutions based on this evidence, that will achieve this result in this timeframe

- now we are having an open discussion where all points of view can be presented and we defend our proposal in critical questioning

- if we cannot defend it in critical questioning, we haven't done a good work and will have to go back and improve it

- otherwise, after citizens had time and opportunities to examine the matter, the proposals can be put to a vote

- if any concerns or new information comes at any time the matter is revisited without delay.

I think it could have worked in this or similar way. And now open your eyes and look around. Not asking how close it is, just do you see any trace of it, intelligence, honesty, transparency and responsibility?

37 minutes ago, Aristides said:

There is no personal income tax in Florida. (Google)

When I was working in the office that would be about $40K to spend on health care services (in a year), how many insurance policies it would buy? Yes right, this is what we are paying for it, no questions asked and no options, sorry.

22 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I’ll pay for it.  Remember how services cost money?  

Services do cost money and Americans spend twice as much per capita vs GDP on health care than Canadians.  Over $11,000 USD compared to $5400 for Canada. The second highest is Switzerland at $7300. Enjoy.

25 minutes ago, myata said:

There is no personal income tax in Florida. (Google)

When I was working in the office that would be about $40K to spend on health care services (in a year), how many insurance policies it would buy? Yes right, this is what we are paying for it, no questions asked and no options, sorry.

Florida doesn't balance budgets either. You were paying $40 K in provincial income tax every year?

Edited by Aristides

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Services do cost money and Americans spend twice as much per capita vs GDP on health care than Canadians.  Over $11,000 USD compared to $5400 for Canada. The second highest is Switzerland at $7300. Enjoy.

Clearly our system isn’t working because we have to shut our businesses and make people stay home when other countries such as the US and UK are carrying on.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Clearly our system isn’t working because we have to shut our businesses and make people stay home when other countries such as the US and UK are carrying on.  

The NHS in Britain is just about under water and north eastern US states have been calling on the national guard to help out their health car systems.

The average cost of medical insurance for a 40 year old in Florida is $554 a month or $700 CAD and it doesn't get cheaper as you get older. How much are you prepared to pay to carry excess capacity in our system to deal with once in a lifetime pandemics?

Oops those were 2020 numbers, in 2021 the average cost went to $571 or $722 CAD.

Edited by Aristides

26 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The NHS in Britain is just about under water and north eastern US states have been calling on the national guard to help out their health car systems.

The average cost of medical insurance for a 40 year old in Florida is $554 a month or $700 CAD and it doesn't get cheaper as you get older. How much are you prepared to pay to carry excess capacity in our system to deal with once in a lifetime pandemics?

Oops those were 2020 numbers, in 2021 the average cost went to $571 or $722 CAD.

I’d pay it if it meant enjoying the freedom people in Florida have versus the creepy restrictions we live under in Ontario.  It really is another world, but Canadians think that what we’re living right now is typical and necessary.  It is not.