Is Doug Ford handling the Covid 19 outbreak good?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And even if the Ontario stats are credible and trustworthy they aren't anything like evidence the vaccine stops spread.

Here's a fun one that's kind of an Abbot and Costello routine on the vaccination:

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/abbot-and-costello-vaccine.jpg

This might work if you click it too:

abbot-and-costello-vaccine.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Accountability Now said:

Correct me if I wrong but the graphics from Argus have shown hospitalization numbers but not deaths. I briefly looked for Ontario COVID (Delta) deaths by vaccination status but wasn't successful. Keep in mind, the Covid cases in Ontario from Delta aren't large by any stretch as they are seeing approximately 500 cases per day with a population of 14.5 million versus UK with a population of 66.5 million seeing 35000 cases per day. 5x the population but 70x the daily cases. 

Just yesterday the UK updated their numbers and it shows 1189 deaths from Delta since Feb 1. 679 (57.1%) of these deaths are from double vaxxed and 390  (32.8%) are from unvaxxed. At the time of this briefing, the vaccination rates in the UK were 60% double vaxxed and 30% unvaxxed which is very close to the death rate percentages. However, keep in mind the data is cumulative from Feb 1 when only 0.7% of the UK was double vaccinated.  To truly compare this one would have to cross reference weekly vaccination rates with case counts...not sure I am up for that. LOL.  However if you look at the percentage of vaccinated versus unvaccinated for cases, hosptializations and deaths over the last six technical briefings you will see that the percentage of double vaccinated is climbing in every category and the percentage of unvaccinated is decreasing as time time goes on. 

The above suggests the vaccination effectiveness wanes over time. This is also being seen in Israel where just recently they found that 60% of people hospitalized are double vaxxed. Hence their reasoning for booster jabs. 

Nice work. How’s your calculus?

;) 

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

And even if the Ontario stats are credible and trustworthy they aren't anything like evidence the vaccine stops spread.

Here's a fun one that's kind of an Abbot and Costello routine on the vaccination:

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/abbot-and-costello-vaccine.jpg

I was trying to write something up to explain this conundrum but the logic was too twisted for me to articulate. Kept getting nausea and headaches... :wacko:

These geniuses have summed it up nicely!

On 8/21/2021 at 12:43 PM, Infidel Dog said:

So then why are unvaccinated making up at the very minimum 3/4 of the cases even if they represent 1/3 of the population? 

Also, two flaws in the logic experiment. 

People who can't get the vaccine for various medical concerns or unvaccinated children who aren't eligible. 

Also, the reason the unvaccinated are being banned from places is because they're the ones who come to the Hospital clogging up the Healthcare system and causing surgeries to be cancelled. 

So, we as a society, are telling them to stay away from non-essential leisure activities and work environments. It's for their own good. ?

Edited by Boges

It's also quite possible that COVID is spreading amongst the vaccinated at the exact same rate, but because they aren't experiencing any appreciable symptoms, there's no need to be tested. 

Which actually makes it much easier for the unvaccinated to get it, and get sick. 

• 3 weeks later...

So far, and it could charge in a couple of weeks with school’s opening, but the 4th wave in Ontario is much less of a spike like previous waves.  And more like a slow gradual even plateauing rise in cases.  This allows for people hospitalized to be admitted and even recover before somebody else needs to be hospitalized.  So far hospitalizations in Ontario are at 289 to date.  Down almost a hundred from a week or so ago.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

So far, and it could charge in a couple of weeks with school’s opening, but the 4th wave in Ontario is much less of a spike like previous waves.  And more like a slow gradual even plateauing rise in cases.  This allows for people hospitalized to be admitted and even recover before somebody else needs to be hospitalized.  So far hospitalizations in Ontario are at 289 to date.  Down almost a hundred from a week or so ago.

Ok, so why is the province being held indefinitely at step 3. Open up, Mr. Premier, end these restrictions.

Let ‘er rip.

;) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shady said:

So far, and it could charge in a couple of weeks with school’s opening,

I remember watching the UK numbers as they went up and then came down then went up again and then slowly went up again before looking like its coming down again. It would be nice if it just went up and down but at this point we can't expect anything. 

Doug Ford's government should provide third dose vaccines to every Ontarian who wants it. There are millions of unused vaccines in shelves that nobody wants them and they will expire soon so what is the logic for limiting third vaccine dose to the very small percent who are highly vulnerable?

Almost 5 million vaccines not administrated in Ontario alone and they all have a shelve expectancy.

https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON

On 9/12/2021 at 2:13 PM, OftenWrong said:

Ok, so why is the province being held indefinitely at step 3. Open up, Mr. Premier, end these restrictions.

Let ‘er rip.

;) 

Because its still summer. 

AND there are still many unvaccinated people still getting infected. We'd have daily numbers under 200 if it wasn't for the unvaxxed. 

Keeping masking in public indoor spaces has helped Ontario not go down the path of Alberta. 

Winter is the big test for how we can handle the fourth wave. Things didn't get bad last year until November. 

Edited by Boges

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Because its still summer. 

AND there are still many unvaccinated people still getting infected. We'd have daily numbers under 200 if it wasn't for the unvaxxed. 

Keeping masking in public indoor spaces has helped Ontario not go down the path of Alberta. 

Winter is the big test for how we can handle the fourth wave. Things didn't get bad last year until November. 

Glad your such a visionary sooth-sayer. Forsooth. Maybe apply for a job in government.

I thought Ontario being well vaccinated would open up and we may stop restrictions.

So we are in the same boat as Alberta? My bad for believing the vaccines "were a way out of this."

44 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Glad your such a visionary sooth-sayer. Forsooth. Maybe apply for a job in government.

I thought Ontario being well vaccinated would open up and we may stop restrictions.

Stopped a lot of them. Especially for the fully vaxxed. 

So we are in the same boat as Alberta? My bad for believing the vaccines "were a way out of this."

We aren't because certain restrictions stayed in place. No celebration about the End of COVID that ended up costing your Federal partner in the election. 

On 9/20/2021 at 6:09 PM, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Doug Ford's government should provide third dose vaccines to every Ontarian who wants it. There are millions of unused vaccines in shelves that nobody wants them and they will expire soon so what is the logic for limiting third vaccine dose to the very small percent who are highly vulnerable?

Almost 5 million vaccines not administrated in Ontario alone and they all have a shelve expectancy.

https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON

It’s not recommended that I everyone get a third dose.  In the United States the FDA has recommended only high risk individuals get a third dose.  I really think we need to wait for more study before rushing into anything.

2 hours ago, Shady said:

It’s not recommended that I everyone get a third dose.  In the United States the FDA has recommended only high risk individuals get a third dose.  I really think we need to wait for more study before rushing into anything.

Interesting that you believe the experts on COVID…. And gravity…. But not climate science?

3 hours ago, Shady said:

Effectiveness of vaccines fade in half after 6 months from 95% to 50%. Anything under 50% effectiveness is not an acceptable vaccine. Third booster is needed 6 months after second shot. Besides we have so many in shelves that nobody wants and they will soon expire so why let them go to waste?

10 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

Effectiveness of vaccines fade in half after 6 months from 95% to 50%. Anything under 50% effectiveness is not an acceptable vaccine. Third booster is needed 6 months after second shot. Besides we have so many in shelves that nobody wants and they will soon expire so why let them go to waste?

Cite. 

Vulnerable individuals should be getting a Booster, but mandating shots every 6 months is a bit of a stretch. 

43 minutes ago, Boges said:

Cite. 

Vulnerable individuals should be getting a Booster, but mandating shots every 6 months is a bit of a stretch. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02532-4

The third dose should be by choice not mandated. I am saying we do have so many unused vaccines about to expire so wht not use them?

Yes so far so good. Though the weather has not been cold enough (like under freezing point) for all indoor gatherings. I am hoping with relatively high vaccination rate in Ontario at 80 to 65% of eligible population (hoping that the remaining 15% wise up too and soon) we can keep the number of daily infection below 1000 till the fourth wave is over especially with the under 12 joining vaccine eligibility soon.

Got to play organized sports for the first time in a long time. 

Needed to show Proof of Vax before entering the league and entering the facility. 

This is probably the incentive in getting vaxxed. Actually participating in leisure activities we've gotten used to living without over the past 2 years. 

20 hours ago, Boges said:

Got to play organized sports for the first time in a long time. 

Needed to show Proof of Vax before entering the league and entering the facility. 

This is probably the incentive in getting vaxxed. Actually participating in leisure activities we've gotten used to living without over the past 2 years. 

Big woopie. We played unvaxxed hockey last summer and fall, and this summer too. Indoors, no masks on the ice, on the bench, naked in the dressing rooms, with our balls hanging out.

There was no covid-19. 

Anyway, the question arises is Doug Ford handling the Covid pandemic good?

No I don't think so. No and again, no. In fact I don't see any handling at all.

For example -
August 2021
Ontario Premier Doug Ford says his government will not create a 'split society' by implementing proof of vaccination documents.

Mr. Ford is singing a different song today, of course. Having a split society is ok now. Same goes for his party, and for provincial workers.

Same goes for you.

On September 1, 2021, the Ontario government announced that Ontarians will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide proof of vaccination along with photo ID to access certain public settings and facilities.

So while last week you were able to go to an outdoor patio without producing your health papers, this week you have no choice. But it's only a minor inconvenience for now, eh? Pretty soon the App will come out. Then shall the yoke be fully applied.

11 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

So while last week you were able to go to an outdoor patio without producing your health papers, this week you have no choice. But it's only a minor inconvenience for now, eh? Pretty soon the App will come out. Then shall the yoke be fully applied.

Actually unvaxxed can still go to outdoor patios. It's only for indoor dining, gyms, theatres etc. 

This is a political winner.  Vax passports are very popular. 

4 hours ago, Boges said:

BTW, I enjoy the anti-vax whining about this more than I thought I would. 

This is about government control. It just depends on if you trust putting bureaucracy in charge of peoples everyday lives. I do not have that kind of faith in government. Obviously you do.

• Like 1