The Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

If I had the chance I'd slap all those people whining about the restrictions.   

Whining is one thing. It's another to be a person already suffering from mental health issues, or drug addiction, and no longer have access to your counselling for months. Throw in a free CERB and you have a big problem with drugs, alcohol, depression. Suicides and distress calls are way up.

This problem is "abstract" to most of us who can work from home, have all the creature comforts to distract us. Then we smugly assume everyone else should have it so easy too.

Next up we have the impending health care crisis. There are thousands upon thousands of people with heart disease and cancer who are not being seen. Their diagnosis, planning and treatment is crucial in terms of the timing. Result will not be good.

I pity anyone who has an undiagnosed health issue right now. There are many who will suffer, some will die, young and old.

5 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Whining is one thing. It's another to be a person already suffering from mental health issues, or drug addiction, and no longer have access to your counselling for months. Throw in a free CERB and you have a big problem with drugs, alcohol, depression. Suicides and distress calls are way up.

This problem is "abstract" to most of us who can work from home, have all the creature comforts to distract us. Then we smugly assume everyone else should have it so easy too.

Next up we have the impending health care crisis. There are thousands upon thousands of people with heart disease and cancer who are not being seen. Their diagnosis, planning and treatment is crucial in terms of the timing. Result will not be good.

I pity anyone who has an undiagnosed health issue right now. There are many who will suffer, some will die, young and old.

The ones who are complaining about lockdowns and masks are what I mean.  They try to use their right to liberty as an excuse, but in my eyes it is just whining.  Life is tough, suck it up.  If they had that attitude on the 40's we would all be speaking german right now.  

The health care crisis is a big one.  It's going to be a long haul and yeah some will not make it but they are doing what they can, we cannot ask for anything more. 

I was thinking the other day that with all this statue removal talk, why not start putting up monuments to the health care workers?  They definitely deserve a lot of recognition imo.  

On 7/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, Cannucklehead said:

we cannot ask for anything more

We can and must demand more competency and action from our leadership. There are many alternatives to completely shutting down. An example is the way old age homes have been left neglected. I don't mean the usual level of neglect which we as a society already deemed fine, but to allow overcrowding without additional barriers, more space to move people into, it's unconscionable. Then to stick it to the public, look at all these old people dying. You people need to stay indoors too.

An absolute bullshit, confusing message.

Edited by OftenWrong

BTW Boges, there's something we only hear about when they get caught but in June Washington state had to remove 7 cases off their "positivity rate" stats for deaths. 

Two were suicides, three were homicides and 2 were ODs. Increased testing caught them for Covid too.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/washington-coronavirus-testing-death-toll-mistake/281-1c1209f3-fd8c-4ca4-879c-cdbd43c8cd82

15 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

BTW Boges, there's something we only hear about when they get caught but in June Washington state had to remove 7 cases off their "positivity rate" stats for deaths. 

Two were suicides, three were homicides and 2 were ODs. Increased testing caught them for Covid too.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/washington-coronavirus-testing-death-toll-mistake/281-1c1209f3-fd8c-4ca4-879c-cdbd43c8cd82

All the Covid numbers that we are seeing today both in Canada and America are all manufactured Covid numbers. I was watching the news today and good old commie health Czar Bonny Poo was at it again. She was telling us all that the numbers are on the rise again here in BC. I guess that they have to keep this lie going in order to keep denying and to try and take more of our freedoms away from us that we have already lost thanks to communists like Bonny Poo. Mother Bonny Poo is the boss now. Whatever she says goes. 

It was nice to see a demonstration in Toronto last week where there were about a thousand of demonstrators demanding that this Covid lying hoax be put out of it's f'n misery.  Those people are true and real Canadians patriots. Maybe there is hope for Canada yet. I am just concerned as to what the communists will try and pull off come this fall. This must be the reason why people like mother Bonny Poo keeps trying to make things appear to be getting worse, and not better, and keep those many covidiots out there constantly in a state of panic and fear. I have not been put into a state of panic or fear over this fake and phony hoax China virus. And I refuse to wear one of those face diapers. What a big joke that one really is. :D

A resurgence of cases in Ontario:

TORONTO -- The number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario has shot back up to the highest level since late June.

The 203 new infections announced Tuesday morning brings the province's total of lab-confirmed cases to 37,942 – a 0.5 per cent increase over Monday's total when 135 cases were added.

Health Minister Christine Elliott called the increase "concerning" in a tweet published on Tuesday morning.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-records-highest-number-of-new-covid-19-cases-since-june-1.5032640

When this happened in Texas we were being told by Trump Derangement types it was proof of a complete failure of pandemic policy by Trump. Anybody think it's likely they'll be judging Trudeau by the same Metric?

Edited by Infidel Dog

Here's a recent story from Florida:

SCAMDEMIC: Floridians Report Receiving Positive COVID-19 Diagnosis Despite Never Being Tested

Florida residents are reporting that they have received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis despite never being tested for the virus.

“I got a call asking for me, and they told me that I had tested positive. I was like, ‘Positive for what?” Then, the lady said for COVID, and I said, ‘That’s impossible. I never got tested, Ma’am,’” Mindy Clark said.

Clark entered a line at Manatee County Rural Health Services in Bradenton, FL but left the line after she realized it was for individuals with symptoms only. She received the positive diagnosis although she was never tested...

I like how the Swedes were among the first to change the terminology of "Social Distancing" to "Physical Distancing". I know it is merely words. But there was a PR message behind this change when they publicly emphasis, this is not a time for social distancing, but quite the opposite is needed. We need to solve the disconnect that is hurtful for many on a personal level.

One example is, have some understanding for those who are really stressed out because of the virus. Many people are very afraid, and want to wear masks all the time. Hopefully those masks will protect them, but if they are not N95 they are of minimal usefulness, and arguably could be worse. They might even get you infected.

Likewise we should be understanding towards those who fear that this shutdown will be never ending, or who do not like putting masks on their face.

Edited by OftenWrong

On 7/20/2020 at 6:58 AM, OftenWrong said:

And I have already explained this to you before, there should be no need for me to reiterate. Since masks are sub-standard, they are not an excuse to drop social distancing. Yet that is clearly what I see and what the impulse will be for people who do not understand these things well. Most people.

You just made a good argument for locking things down.

So now, you go and guess all you want, about whatever you want.

I'm guessing you'll start talking about fascists and commies the minute anyone applies your argument in a rationale for locking things down.

On 7/21/2020 at 6:33 AM, OftenWrong said:

No, all that was provided shows that "masks are helpful" It does not address the specific techncal issue I described.

Why have you not provided your self-proclaimed highly trained level of expertise on the technical issues you are raising to the WHO?   Are you just shy or something?  The Nobel Prize...millions in cash awards...a pile of panties that would make Steven Tyler blush...all are within your grasp and yet you waste your time in this dim internet back alley on a bunch of dummies with no appreciation for your greatness.

Withholding your expertise on this pandemic is socially irresponsible enough to qualify as being criminal.  It's like you're in a crowded burning theatre watching people die in an exit-less corner while not drawing their attention to the wide open exit you're standing beside in the opposite corner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2020 at 8:03 AM, OftenWrong said:

There's days I wish I wasn't aware of the alien stirring in my chest...it might make being forced into the right-wings economic Jihad easier.

On 7/21/2020 at 8:14 AM, Cannucklehead said:

The ones who are complaining about lockdowns and masks are what I mean.  They try to use their right to liberty as an excuse, but in my eyes it is just whining.  Life is tough, suck it up.  If they had that attitude on the 40's we would all be speaking german right now.  

If we had our grandparent's attitudes we wouldn't be using our liberty as an excuse for maintaining cordial relationships with dictatorships.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Niagara Falls tour boats exemplify the difference between Americans and Canadians on fear of COVID-19...one boat is nearly empty.

Yes, it also exemplifies why your country is suffering the worst health impacts from COVID-19 in the world. $19 bucks says in 5 years the Maid of the Mist is a rusting bankrupt hulk that will exemplify that we charted the better course by putting people ahead of money.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes, it also exemplifies why your country is suffering the worst health impacts from COVID-19 in the world. $19 bucks says in 5 years the Maid of the Mist is a rusting bankrupt hulk that will exemplify that we charted the better course by putting people ahead of money.

That's not how it worked out for your fishing industry...even before COVID.

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's not how it worked out for your fishing industry...even before COVID.

It's working out that way for your's too...don't take it from me though go ask the folks who fish around Bristol Bay for a living.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It's working out that way for your's too...don't take it from me though go ask the folks who fish around Bristol Bay for a living.

Canada didn't even make the top 10 list....even before COVID.     Canada's economy has been harder hit too.  

Better save that $19 CAD...you are going to need it.

leading-fishing-nations-worldwide-2008.j

20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada didn't even make the top 10 list....even before COVID.

Canada is only 14 on the COVID list and you're number 1. Way to go but was there ever any doubt?

Canada's economy has been harder hit too.

Really? I'm cooking with gas myself at the moment but maybe that's just me.  As for the future though the consequences of recklessness has proven to be the greatest obstacle to economic recovery in the past.

But good luck, calm winds and following seas and all that.

Edited by eyeball

On 7/20/2020 at 11:30 AM, dialamah said:

An interesting side-effect of the pandemic  - a noticeable drop in premature births.  A widespread phenomenon as yet unexplained, significantly fewer babies were born early during the first few months of lockdowns in several countries.  Speculation that pregnant women able to remain home and rest more, less exposure to all diseses, lower pollution levels and fewer inductions may have contributed to this reduction. More study is needed. 

I think more rest would be a major cause there. 

8 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Despite the conviction of some people that mask wearing is pointless, one BC doc is so convinced by the value of masks that she's gone to court in an effort to force the government to make masking mandatory in public places.  

this one is not just asking people to wear a mask, but to wear a damn mask.  

Damn!

Edited by Cannucklehead

Chinese economy reopened in March and is making a strong recovery. Chinese Auto production is already back to pre-coronavirus levels. Retail sales are almost back to normal as well. China is using this head start to regain some of the ground they lost during the Trump presidency. In the west, Pro-China liberals don't seem to mind this. They are so bent on hating Donald Trump that they are ok with giving the world's economic reigns over to China. Want to do business in the new world? Better brush upon your Cantonese.

Or maybe this is actually part of the same, bigger picture here- that the problem all along has been that Donald Trump wanted to change the wealth and power structure up at the very highest levels- a level where you can find some powerful enemies. Those deeply invested in China wold have a double reason to hate the Donald. To them Donald Trump is a modern day Napoleon, a usurper, to be banished to the island of Elba as soon as possible.

And to them, the virus is like a gift from heaven.