Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

He did. He just said the evidence they do have is promising, so get more of that please. Yet still you jump down his throat, because TDS.

I had in quoted saying "Take it, you have nothing to lose". 

That's not indicating that there's no conclusive evidence that it works. "Promising" based on the French study noted in previous links it outright misrepresentation. 

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because he wants all the rabid Trump haters to leave limited drug supply for the believers.

G'hed. Poison yourselves with it.

I think the most sensible statement on this issue came from some doctor, I forget which, but to paraphrase, he said this has been used on thousands of Covid-19 patients so far in many countries, and if it was some kind of magic bullet, some kind of wonderful cure-all with amazing results, we'd know it by now. So in all likelihood it might help a little, in some cases, perhaps in combination with other treatments. But it's clearly not a cure.

11 hours ago, Boges said:

I had in quoted saying "Take it, you have nothing to lose". 

That's not indicating that there's no conclusive evidence that it works. "Promising" based on the French study noted in previous links it outright misrepresentation. 

Out of context quote, he didnt say take it without a doctor's prescription and supervision, you just want to pretend he did, because Orange Man Bad

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Out of context quote, he didnt say take it without a doctor's prescription and supervision, you just want to pretend he did, because Orange Man Bad

I know exactly what he's doing. He's trying to make the situation look better than it is. Because if it's bad, he has to wear it. 

Which he is. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/08/trump-approval-ratings-coronavirus-176105

Donald Trump isn’t benefiting from what political scientists refer to as a “rally ‘round the flag” effect — a traditional surge in popularity as the nation unites behind its leader during an emergency situation.

Even as the country confronts the greatest disruption to daily life since World War II, a series of new polls released this week show Trump’s approval ratings plateauing in the mid-40s, roughly where his approval rating stood a month ago, before the coronavirus shuttered much of the nation’s economic and social activity.

Trudeau on the other hand. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6792350/coronavirus-poll-prime-minster-premier-approvals/

Canadians are giving their political leaders high marks for their handling of the novel coronavirus pandemic, according to an exclusive Ipsos poll conducted for Global News.

Nearly three out of four Canadians (74 per cent) approve of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau‘s handling of the crisis, according to the poll.

An even greater number in most provinces — a combined 84 per cent — said they approve of their own premiers’ handling of the pandemic.

Edited by Boges

Why won’t he act?  Gross negligence?  Stupidity?  Arrogance?

Trudeau’s continued inaction is an abomination.  Businesses still haven’t received relief money.  Individuals out of work still haven’t received relief money.  Some hospitals in Toronto are running low on supplies.  People are losing their livelihoods.  Some businesses will go bankrupt before they can reopen.  The Prime Minister must act!

20 minutes ago, Shady said:

Businesses still haven’t received relief.  Individuals still haven’t received relief.  AND ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH.  He fiddles while Rome burns!

You're just outright lying. The cheques are being deposited in bank accounts as we speak. That's why the lineups at Costco today are ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

You're just outright lying. The cheques are being deposited in bank accounts as we speak. That's why the lineups at Costco today are ridiculous.

Six-week wait for wage subsidy may be too long for some businesses and their employees

https://business.financialpost.com/news/fp-street/six-week-wait-for-wage-subsidy-may-be-too-long-for-some-businesses-and-their-employees-caught-in-coronavirus-crisis

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Trudeau fiddles while Rome burns.

You got TDS of your own, it appears.  

People are already getting CERB benefits 
https://globalnews.ca/news/6782797/canada-emergency-response-benefit-apply-coronavirus/

The wage subsidy is a different program. BTW I don't think anything even remotely as generous is being offered in the US. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No you don't, you know exactly what he isn't doing and are pretending it's what he is doing

He's pretty predictable. 

His act here isn't all that must different from his life as a "business" person. 

He's trying to make people think about anything but the scores of people that are dying. 

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Not to you he isn't 

Your Trump predictions are probably the worst on the entire forum, as are your mind reading skills that you base them on, and that is saying something

Sweet Ad Hominem attack. 

It gives me satisfaction I've resorted you to insults instead of providing a reasoned argument. 

As I'm not predicting anything that happens to Trump. I'm just commenting on his actions.

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

It gives me satisfaction I've resorted you to insults instead of providing a reasoned argument

I insulted your argument and provided reasoned argument

You just ignore the reasoned argument because you are losing, and pretend I attacked you personally instead of your silly argument so you can dismiss all critiques of your critiques, and keep living in a bubble

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I can walk and chew gum at the same time, and I did

You just ignore the argument because you are losing

You're arguing the abstract. 

You know what Trump is thinking, and I don't. 

It's pure analysis. No objective "result" is possible. 

You speak to his deceit and hype as an effective tactic. I agree, but thinking it's morally reprehensible, you think it's good political strategy. 

14 minutes ago, Boges said:

You're arguing the abstract. 

You know what Trump is thinking, and I don't. 

I never claimed to be able to read Trump's mind, that is why my analysis is better than yours, it doesn't rely on non-existent mind reading skills

All your critiques are based on you claiming to know what Trump is thinking, even though you aren't inside his head, and can't possibly know that

I judge Trump based on his actions, instead of pretending I can read his mind, while you ignore his actions and pretend to be able to read his mind based on silly interpretations of his words

Most of the time you aren't even judging Trump based on his words, though you do that a lot too, but you judge him based on what you read in between the lines of what he said, that's your go to

Edited by Yzermandius19

59 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I never claimed to be able to read Trump's mind, that is why my analysis is better than yours, it doesn't rely on non-existent mind reading skills

All your critiques are based on you claiming to know what Trump is thinking, even though you aren't inside his head, and can't possibly know that

I judge Trump based on his actions, instead of pretending I can read his mind, while you ignore his actions and pretend to be able to read his mind based on silly interpretations of his words

Most of the time you aren't even judging Trump based on his words, though you do that a lot too, but you judge him based on what you read in between the lines of what he said, that's your go to

When you're the POTUS, your words matter. 

As an example, the downplaying of this virus early on did serious damage, even though it's now fact that Trump was warned of the seriousness of this disease in January. 

7 minutes ago, Boges said:

When you're the POTUS, your words matter. 

When you're the POTUS, your actions matter, those tunnel visioning on words to exclusion of actual actions, have no good argument and are grasping at straws to attack a politician they don't like

You want to start attacking Trump more effectively? Focus on his actions, not his words, or your silly interpretation of his words which have nothing to do with what he actually said

Actions speak louder than words, except to those who are deranged and grasping for straws

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Actions speak louder than words, except to those who are deranged and grasping for straws

His actions (denial for weeks) and lack of action (ignoring memos sent to him in January regarding this virus) made the covid-19 situation in the States worse.  Those who deny that are deranged and grasping for straws.

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

His actions (denial for weeks) and lack of action (ignoring memos sent to him in January regarding this virus) made the covid-19 situation in the States worse.  Those who deny that are deranged and grasping for straws.

He moved faster than most of his contemporaries with many of the actually necessary measures, and actions that destroyed the economy to stall for time is counter-productive, so waiting to do that also scores him points, though not as many as if he didn't engage in them

Keeping the economy shutdown until a vaccine is developed is not doable, and even if it was, the economic damage will vastly outweigh the damage done by the virus

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Sad 1

Trump and Trudeau both blew it in different ways, yet there’s merit in both approaches.  Trump represents the freedom to flout the facts and do what you want, which is liberating but also reckless and not the best course of action for tackling a pandemic.  Trudeau has been more careful and scientific on the whole, but he foolishly let his liberal ideological open doors bias put the public at risk by letting the Chinese and Iranians come in early on after Trump stopped flights, but I also see honour in that.  Trudeau didn’t discriminate, but when it comes to high infection-rate populations, perhaps discrimination on that basis has a better overall public health outcome.

Or does it?   The US has double our infection rate and triple the death rate.  I don’t say that in any way to gloat, because I hope all death rates everywhere go to zero ASAP.   I do agree with Hariri that we need to get beyond race and country and fight this virus with global solidarity, sharing resources and helping each other.  That’s the only answer.  

49 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump and Trudeau both blew it in different ways, yet there’s merit in both approaches.  Trump represents the freedom to flout the facts and do what you want, which is liberating but also reckless and not the best course of action for tackling a pandemic.  Trudeau has been more careful and scientific on the whole, ...

Canada and the U.S. are different nations, with different approaches to politics, public policy, health care, population density, etc.  

Based on what I can see in respective media, Canadians are getting and watching a lot more of Trump's actions and task team than Americans are seeing about Trudeau & ministers.   Many Canadians know who Dr. Fauci is.

As posted above, I think a lot of people mistakenly believe that a president or prime minister has such a large impact on the ground, where state/provincial & local execution matter far more.   

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Canada and the U.S. are different nations, with different approaches to politics, public policy, health care, population density, etc.  

Based on what I can see in respective media, Canadians are getting and watching a lot more of Trump's actions and task team than Americans are seeing about Trudeau & ministers.   Many Canadians know who Dr. Fauci is.

As posted above, I think a lot of people mistakenly believe that a president or prime minister has such a large impact on the ground, where state/provincial & local execution matter far more.   

I agree with your first and third paragraphs, but actually Trudeau has been in our living rooms every day, as have our premiers, health ministers, and public health officers.  I have seen Trump too, but not as much as our own leaders.  I’ve actually seen more of Gov. Cuomo than Trump.