War With Iran?

Guest ProudConservative

11 hours ago, eyeball said:

You're implying America is? Seriously.

This might explain why your tone-deafness stands out like jumbo jet taking off.

Iran gov is a bunch of snakes who will agree to something smiling and nodding their heads with no intentions of following through while holding a knife behind their backs and order terrorist militias to kill you.  America has changed admins and reneged on deals but aren't typically deceitful snakes like the Iranians.  To try to find equivalence with them is naive and disgusting.

20 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Iran gov is a bunch of snakes who will agree to something smiling and nodding their heads with no intentions of following through while holding a knife behind their backs and order terrorist militias to kill you.  America has changed admins and reneged on deals but aren't typically deceitful snakes like the Iranians. 

I fail to see the difference. Sounds like you will make excuses for whoever seems to be on your side, until the end.

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

I fail to see the difference. Sounds like you will make excuses for whoever seems to be on your side, until the end.

....and just what side are you on and what makes you think you do not make excuses for it..  as for your reference until the end...are you suggesting Moonlight is a martyr and will die for his end?  Lol. Moon is a good guy and he is to die for according to his girlfriends but come on. Accusing others of being fanatical given your positions on this forum is a tad absurd. By the way if you think Iran is a nation whose policies you support and trust say so. Say it. Explain why.

By the way I agree with your comment that Iran and the US both lie. Fair is fair but if you want to suggest Iran is preferable to the US not withstanding Trump who many of us disagree with, we stand by it over Iran not because of fanatical views but because it's our best protection against fanatical extremist ideology coming out of Iran not to be confused with progressive Iranians being crushed by it as we speak.

Edited by Rue

As usual you are avoiding the point in order to try and insult others.

9 minutes ago, Rue said:

and just what side are you on

On the side of justice.

10 minutes ago, Rue said:

what makes you think you do not make excuses for it.

I never said I don't. I try not to though.

10 minutes ago, Rue said:

are you suggesting Moonlight is a martyr and will die for his end?

Did it sound like I said that?

11 minutes ago, Rue said:

Moon is a good guy

Isn't everyone?

11 minutes ago, Rue said:

Accusing others of being fanatical

I haven't now, have I?

12 minutes ago, Rue said:

given your positions on this forum

But you apparently are.

12 minutes ago, Rue said:

By the way if you think Iran is a nation whose policies you support say so

Sure. I shall.

13 minutes ago, Rue said:

Say it

As soon as I have a reason to say it, I will.

13 minutes ago, Rue said:

Explain why.

As soon as I have something to explain, I will.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, ProudConservative said:

What wrong with Appeasement? It better to swallow your pride, than turn into a war criminal.

Appeasement doesn’t work on religious zealots, megalomaniacs, psychos, etc. They only see their own power and the relative strength/weakness of others. 

They see your kindness as weakness. 

Do you think Iran would stop attacking if Trump didn’t kill sulamani? Do you think that the countries of the civilized world could stop spending trillions per year to combat terrorism? Could we all just waltz onto planes with metal in our pockets? 

Wake up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Appeasement doesn’t work on religious zealots, megalomaniacs, psychos, etc. They only see their own power and the relative strength/weakness of others. 

They see your kindness as weakness. 

Do you think Iran would stop attacking if Trump didn’t kill sulamani? Do you think that the countries of the civilized world could stop spending trillions per year to combat terrorism? Could we all just waltz onto planes with metal in our pockets? 

Wake up. 

Sanctions don't work either. 

War doesn't work either. 

At least diplomacy tries to avoid death and hardship. 

Trumpophants have been all about Diplomacy with North Korea and The Taliban. 

14 minutes ago, Boges said:

Diplomacy here is just a pretense where you don't do what is right in order to not receive criticism for, in practice, not doing anything at all.

Who has avoided deaths and hardship? Is there a winner somewhere I haven't heard of?

There can be no peace built when one party oppresses another.

In this case the oppressor is US. Therefore it is primarily their fault that they cannot build peace with Iran.

18 minutes ago, Boges said:

Sanctions don't work either. 

War doesn't work either. 

Trumpophants have been all about Diplomacy with North Korea and The Taliban. 

Of course sanctions work. Are you daft?

Go play any military strategy game and try to build an army without resources. Without money. A countries industrial capacity = a country's ability to create a modern army. Period. Places like Iran and Saudi Arabia with minimal industrial capacity buy their weapons elsewhere.

If diplomacy worked we wouldn't need to go through hoops to get on an airplane. 

Are sanctions against NoKo and Korea better than giving them hundreds of billions of dollars and all the tech they need to build nukes? Do you know what Iran would do if they had the military power that the US has? Open a history book.

2 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Diplomacy here is just a pretense where you don't do what is right in order to not receive criticism for, in practice, not doing anything at all.

Who has avoided deaths and hardship? Is there a winner somewhere I haven't heard of?

There can be no peace built when one party oppresses another.

In this case the oppressor is US. Therefore it is primarily their fault that they cannot build peace with Iran.

The Obama deal sought to avoid hardship of sanctions so that they'd play ball with Nuclear inspectors. 

Of course Trump can't abide by anything Obama did so he doubled down on sanctions and hoped Iran would tap out. 

It's actually done the opposite, Iran has been acting out. Now both countries appear at the edge of war. 

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Of course sanctions work. Are you daft?

Go play any military strategy game and try to build an army without resources. Without money. A countries industrial capacity = a country's ability to create a modern army. Period. Places like Iran and Saudi Arabia with minimal industrial capacity buy their weapons elsewhere.

If diplomacy worked we wouldn't need to go through hoops to get on an airplane. 

Are sanctions against NoKo and Korea better than giving them hundreds of billions of dollars and all the tech they need to build nukes? Do you know what Iran would do if they had the military power that the US has? Open a history book.

Well Sanctions haven't been working against Iran. 

See the War Trump is about to start with them. 

Sanctions are what caused Pearl Harbour BTW. And that conflict escalated to the first and only Military Nuclear strike. So no Sanctions don't work. 

Ad Hominem attack reported BTW. 

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

Sanctions are what caused Pearl Harbour BTW. And that conflict escalated to the first and only Military Nuclear strike. So no Sanctions don't work. 

Sanctions have been working against Iran, because they slow Iran's military buildup and restricts the amount of money that they have to spend on terrorism abroad.

Recruiting, propaganda, tech to communicate covertly, training, brainwashing all cost money. 

You just called anyone who disagrees with you a Trumpophant in your last post and now you're whining about ad hominem attacks? Cry me a river Boges. You're name-calling like a child. 

• Like 1

Just now, WestCanMan said:

Sanctions have been working against Iran, because they slow Iran's military buildup and restricts the amount of money that they have to spend on terrorism abroad.

And caused them to act out in multiple ways and are now about incite the US to declare War on them. Perhaps that says more about Trump's temperament than the effectiveness of Sanctions as he's the one who assassinated one of their leaders. 

You just called anyone who disagrees with you a Trumpophant in your last post and now you're whining about ad hominem attacks? Cry me a river Boges. You're name-calling like a child. 

Calling someone dumb for presenting a differing opinion is much different from coining a term for fans of Trump. 

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

buy their weapons elsewhere.

And these weapon from elsewhere.... They don't hurt as much as the other ones?

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

hoped Iran would tap out.

Nonsense. He knew what would happen.

12 minutes ago, Boges said:

A nokind of war.

15 hours ago, eyeball said:

Like a twitter feed between maniacs you mean?

Trump doesn't have a history of bombing people because of a tweet.

Maybe the tweets had a factor, but not the main one.  You're forgetting the events that happened on the ground.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Yes they have.  Sanctions are about carrots and sticks.  Ask the Iranian gov if they've been feeling tremendous economic pressure.  Why do you think they came to the table to make the nuclear deal with Obama in the first place?  Because they're nice guys and wanted peace?

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Sometimes sanctions work, sometimes they don't.  It's a case by case basis.  Regardless, Iran has perpetrated several attacks and events over the last several years without any U.S. response.  Eventually, one has to respond, when events continue to escalate.  This particular General was responsible for the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of American soldiers in Iraq.  He should have been killed long ago.  He was also in Iraq in violation of U.N. resolutions.

18 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trump doesn't have a history of bombing people because of a tweet.

Maybe the tweets had a factor, but not the main one.  You're forgetting the events that happened on the ground.

Like Trump you're just imagining these events - something Trump does have a history of doing.  There's no evidence of an imminent attack but lots of evidence of an unhinged US president with less self-control than Kim Jung il.

You're right the mullahs don't even come close in comparison.  Can you imagine how Trump would have reacted if Iran had assassinated Pompeo?

4 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Iran gov is a bunch of snakes who will agree to something smiling and nodding their heads with no intentions of following through while holding a knife behind their backs and order terrorist militias to kill you.  America has changed admins and reneged on deals but aren't typically deceitful snakes like the Iranians.  To try to find equivalence with them is naive and disgusting.

Yes the the Iran government is an ass-hole.

Get back to us when they start knocking off elected governments and installing dictators in countries halfway around the world.  You're right, there is no equivalence.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

It's staggering just how many people are here siding with Iran....Iran!  I know you people hate Trump, but c'mon.  

The more pressing issue for you sycophants is how less willing people are to pick sides.

It's like trying to choose between shit or crap.

Edited by eyeball

2 hours ago, Marocc said:

And these weapon from elsewhere.... They don't hurt as much as the other ones?

Yes, they do. They buy their radar, missiles, missile defence systems, drones, etc. All they could make themselves is boats that don't float planes that don't fly.

They don't all hurt, but the defence systems give them the feeling that they can sit comfortably at home and keep brainwashing kids to strap on explosives.

42 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Yes, they do. They buy their radar, missiles, missile defence systems, drones, etc. All they could make themselves is boats that don't float planes that don't fly.

They don't all hurt, but the defence systems give them the feeling that they can sit comfortably at home and keep brainwashing kids to strap on explosives.

I thought you thought it's good they have to get them elsewhere. Now it sounds like you're saying it doesn't matter at all — they're good to go either way.

What makes you think Iran funds random terrorism?