Jump to content

Coroner says Jeff Epstein was strangulated


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The same could be said of Trump. You think they're gonna publicly demand information from him?

I have to admit I find the whole Epstein thing a bit of a farce. Nothing I've seen alleged to have happened would even have been illegal in Canada.

Isn't trafficking any person under the age of 18 a criminal offence in Canada?

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/AnnualStatutes/2010_3/page-1.html

It certainly is in the UK now. The recruitment operation run by Maxwell for Epstein's benefit does not look like a regular boyfriend-girlfriend situation. There are other potential offences under Canadian law here as well:

https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201724E#a3-12

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should have added above that AFAIK France does not extradite its own citizens which is a bit ridiculous. Instead they can sometimes be tried in France. Both Poland and Switzerland refused to extradite Polanski when the Americans tried. He's safe in those three countries. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2019 at 7:03 PM, BubberMiley said:

Someone related to Epstein made the allegation. No one related to Epstein made allegations against Clinton. These are facts.

You may continue with your irrelevant rant against the free western media. You got served again.

Complete nonsense.  This a joke lawsuit.  Anyone can file any kind of lawsuit they want, it's just a filing fee.  Then you can say a lawsuit was filed against Trump.   Regardless, Trump banned Epstein from Mar-a-Lago because of his behavior to under age girls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Isn't trafficking any person under the age of 18 a criminal offence in Canada?

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/AnnualStatutes/2010_3/page-1.html

Trafficking presumes prostitution. AFAIK this was mostly a case of a rich guy who had parties and drugs which attracted a lot of young women who wanted to party and hang around celebrities. These girls were not, again, AFAIK, prostitutes, but 'party girls', even if they were sometimes given gifts which included money. I never heard that any of them were forced to go there or forced to stay, beaten or threatened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Trafficking presumes prostitution. 

Trafficking is just selling or holding people against their will for any number of things. Prostitution is just one of them. Humans are trafficked for forced labour and even organ harvesting in extreme cases.

It's basically just a way of saying "selling people into slavery, or worse" without getting people too riled up about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Trafficking presumes prostitution. AFAIK this was mostly a case of a rich guy who had parties and drugs which attracted a lot of young women who wanted to party and hang around celebrities. These girls were not, again, AFAIK, prostitutes, but 'party girls', even if they were sometimes given gifts which included money. I never heard that any of them were forced to go there or forced to stay, beaten or threatened.

Epstein was doing more than simply attract girls. He was actively luring them through an organized network of women run by Maxwell. They were spotted outside places like high schools and given all sorts of stories to pull them in. Benefits were offered, including money. In many jurisdictions, coercion or physical force are not required to find a person guilty of trafficking if the victim is under 18. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Trafficking is just selling or holding people against their will for any number of things. Prostitution is just one of them. Humans are trafficked for forced labour and even organ harvesting in extreme cases.

It's basically just a way of saying "selling people into slavery, or worse" without getting people too riled up about it.

Okay, but I've seen stories on that. Girls are promised jobs, say, then they're locked up in a dank hellhole, their papers removed, they're raped, beaten and threatened. No one has even suggested anything like that happened here. The only threat I ever heard of was a threat to make them leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Argus said:

Okay, but I've seen stories on that. Girls are promised jobs, say, then they're locked up in a dank hellhole, their papers removed, they're raped, beaten and threatened. No one has even suggested anything like that happened here. The only threat I ever heard of was a threat to make them leave.

Nobody is going to argue at that extreme end but the law in many Western countries also protects underage females from exploitation without violence. Some of these offences occurred in remote locations like Epstein’s island or other properties which were not possible to leave immediately. Under such circumstances, there was an implicit threat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Argus said:

Okay, but I've seen stories on that. Girls are promised jobs, say, then they're locked up in a dank hellhole, their papers removed, they're raped, beaten and threatened. No one has even suggested anything like that happened here. The only threat I ever heard of was a threat to make them leave.

We need the death penalty here.

Fentanyl traffickers and human traffickers need to go. 

IMO just making something a minimum 5-year sentence is like legalizing it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

It’s notable now that Harvard failed to consider Epstein’s history of outlandishly fraudulent financial deals, never mind the rumours of ‘girlfriends’ on the younger side, before pocketing millions and, even more preposterously, appointing him as a Visiting Fellow. Worse than that, he was allowed to continue an official association with the institution long after his conviction. I know I shouldn’t be naive about these things but I remain surprised by what a mega-rich psychopath could get away with at America’s, and the world’s, leading university. After considering this case, one might conclude that all the warehouses of worthy SOPs on appropriate behaviour are applied in a fashion inversely proportional to one’s wealth. But that is not the case. Right? 

Since the vast majority of US "universities" are actually athletic teams with a handful of academics fronting for them to appear to be in the "learning" business, I am afraid I don't really take anything they do or say very seriously.  SInce outside of a few MDs Harvard pumps out the petitfogging ambulance chasers and MBAs who CAUSE 99% of our economic problems, I take anything they say with a HUGE grain (make that a large sack) of salt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 3:17 PM, cannuck said:

Since the vast majority of US "universities" are actually athletic teams with a handful of academics fronting for them to appear to be in the "learning" business, I am afraid I don't really take anything they do or say very seriously.  SInce outside of a few MDs Harvard pumps out the petitfogging ambulance chasers and MBAs who CAUSE 99% of our economic problems, I take anything they say with a HUGE grain (make that a large sack) of salt. 

In fairness, Harvard is a world leader in darn near any academic field one would care to mention. Hordes of Nobel Laureates hail from there and even some of the drop-outs excel, e.g. BillG and that awful social network guy. 

The question remains; why wasn’t Epstein ‘cancelled’ long before some honest academic simply expressing their opinion? 

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Randy Andy could easily have been in line to be our next head of state. In our system we still seem to hope that the Mother Country will sort all this out for us. Let’s face it - we were lucky with QEII. When it comes to monarchs females should be favoured over the lads: greater longevity and fewer scandals. Sexual affairs, when they occur, are usually age appropriate and being ‘massaged’ by young strangers isn’t a story we have to fear emerging from the woodwork. Long before social media and 24/7 news emerged, male royals were being ridiculed for their behaviour. Here's a quote from Joyce's Ulysses about Edward VII:

Quote

—Well, says J. J. We have Edward the peacemaker now.

—Tell that to a fool, says the citizen. There’s a bloody sight more pox than pax about that boyo. Edward Guelph-Wettin!

—And what do you think, says Joe, of the holy boys, the priests and bishops of Ireland doing up his room in Maynooth in His Satanic Majesty’s racing colours and sticking up pictures of all the horses his jockeys rode. The earl of Dublin, no less.

—They ought to have stuck up all the women he rode himself, says little Alf.

And says J. J.:

—Considerations of space influenced their lordships’ decision.

 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Didn't want to start a new topic, so I'll just put this here:

Epstein’s Private Calendar just dropped.

The calendar includes meetings with the man who’s now the current Director of the CIA, William Burns, among other prominent names including Rothschild, Kissinger and many more.

Here is the article without the paywall:

Jeffrey Epstein's Secret Calendar: CIA Director William Burns, Goldman Sachs's Top Lawyer, Noam Chomsky - WSJ (archive.is)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

Didn't want to start a new topic, so I'll just put this here:

Epstein’s Private Calendar just dropped.

The calendar includes meetings with the man who’s now the current Director of the CIA, William Burns, among other prominent names including Rothschild, Kissinger and many more.

Here is the article without the paywall:

Jeffrey Epstein's Secret Calendar: CIA Director William Burns, Goldman Sachs's Top Lawyer, Noam Chomsky - WSJ (archive.is)

I just saw that.  The WSJ article contains the following:

“Kathryn Ruemmler, a White House counsel under President Barack Obama, had dozens of meetings with Epstein in the years after her White House serviceand before she became a top lawyer at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in 2020. He also planned for her to join a 2015 trip to Paris and a 2017 visit to Epstein’s private island in the Caribbean. 

Leon Botstein, the president of Bard College, invited Epstein, who brought a group of young female guests, to the campus. Noam Chomsky, a professor, author and political activist, was scheduled to fly with Epstein to have dinner at Epstein’s Manhattan townhouse in 2015.”

Right now there are a lot of pedos scrambling to find out if their name has been released in conjunction with this story.  All in good time, pedos, it’s inevitable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2023 at 9:32 AM, sharkman said:

BTW all you lefties, there was no mention of Donald Trump.  Weird, eh?  

Because Democrats don’t peddle conspiracy theories all day long.  Donald Trump was MORE connected to Epstein than Clinton, but we don’t yet have evidence as to who of Epstein’s pals was involved in his sexual escapades.  If they were, R or D, they should go to prison. Odd that they didn’t get Ghislane to drop a dime on any of them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Because Democrats don’t peddle conspiracy theories all day long.  Donald Trump was MORE connected to Epstein than Clinton, but we don’t yet have evidence as to who of Epstein’s pals was involved in his sexual escapades.  If they were, R or D, they should go to prison. Odd that they didn’t get Ghislane to drop a dime on any of them.  

Come now.  You guys shrieked Russia, Russia, Russia for Trump's entire term.  It was the conspiracy that never paid off with reality. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Come now.  You guys shrieked Russia, Russia, Russia for Trump's entire term.  It was the conspiracy that never paid off with reality. 

But Russia did in fact interfere with the 2016 election. Not a conspiracy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Because Democrats don’t peddle conspiracy theories all day long.  Donald Trump was MORE connected to Epstein than Clinton, but we don’t yet have evidence as to who of Epstein’s pals was involved in his sexual escapades.  If they were, R or D, they should go to prison. Odd that they didn’t get Ghislane to drop a dime on any of them.  

You're 100% wrong, as usual. 

Beave tried peddling that BS here, but Trump's association with Epstein is mostly decades old. 

Epstein was barred from Mar-a-Lago in something like 1995, the last photos that anyone has of Trump hanging with Epstein were circa 2001. IIRC they were photographed together in 2014 or something like that at a party. It's a small world for wealthy NYC socialites. 

The Trump flight log on Epstein's plane also had his wife and baby daughter on it, but that didn't stop alt-left pundits from trying to say that makes it even worse, insinuating that his child was involved in something indecent.

Bill Clinton was a frequent flyer, sometimes he even left his SS behind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally find some of these connections between people and Epstein to be frivolous at best. 

Frequent flyers like Bill Clinton have a lot of answering to do, and for some reason no one seems to be asking him, but these people who briefly met with him in NYC??? I dunno, seems kinda vague imo. I don't think that he has ever been accused of peddling minors (or whatever you wanna call it) in the US. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I personally find some of these connections between people and Epstein to be frivolous at best. 

Frequent flyers like Bill Clinton have a lot of answering to do, and for some reason no one seems to be asking him, but these people who briefly met with him in NYC??? I dunno, seems kinda vague imo. I don't think that he has ever been accused of peddling minors (or whatever you wanna call it) in the US. 

“Did you have sex with underage girls?”

”No”

What other question would you ask?  They’d need a witness.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You're 100% wrong, as usual. 

Beave tried peddling that BS here, but Trump's association with Epstein is mostly decades old. 

Epstein was barred from Mar-a-Lago in something like 1995, the last photos that anyone has of Trump hanging with Epstein were circa 2001. IIRC they were photographed together in 2014 or something like that at a party. It's a small world for wealthy NYC socialites. 

The Trump flight log on Epstein's plane also had his wife and baby daughter on it, but that didn't stop alt-left pundits from trying to say that makes it even worse, insinuating that his child was involved in something indecent.

Bill Clinton was a frequent flyer, sometimes he even left his SS behind. 

The evidence that Donald Trump or Bill Clinton had sex with underage minors is equivalent. You’re just too polarized to see that. There are no witnesses who have made any claims that either man had such relationships. I believe there was such an accusation against Prince Andrew.

But I’ll add that an accusation alone is not proof.  If it were, then your beloved Donald Trump would be guilty of rape, as he is currently in a rape trial and he has been accused of sexual assaults by at least 18 women. 
 

Trump’s comment about Ghislane Maxwell? “I wish her well.” 
That’s what he had to say. 
And when it came out that one of his Cabinet Secretaries was the former prosecutor who let Epstein off in Florida, Trump refused to fire him. Instead, he said, “Let him talk and we’ll see what people think.”  IOW, to paraphrase, “I, Donald Trump, am utterly devoid of morality and moral values, he is welcome to remain as my Cabinet Secretary, and I will only act if this issue will harm me politically.”  Trump refused to fire Acosta and insisted that Acosta’s resignation was Acosta’s decision and Trump had not asked him to resign. 

Edited by Rebound
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,763
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    RevolutionPartyofCanada
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...