The road to 2020

4 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Ah yes because a guy who lost a fortune in business deals is the ideal candidate to manage the u.s. economy. 

Presidents do not manage the U.S. economy.

Works for me, when they go belly up they can beg Canada for help.  :)

That would be a big change from Canada currently depending so much on the U.S. economy.

2 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Wasn't it because of Obama's policies the u.s pulled put of recession a few years ago? 

Obama only continued the recovery policies of the previous administration, including Bush tax cuts.  And while presidents and Congress can influence business sectors and consumer confidence, they do not "manage" the U.S. economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/upshot/presidents-have-less-power-over-the-economy-than-you-might-think.html

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/11/presidents-do-not-control-economies-or-gdp/

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/07/why-the-economy-grows-faster-under-democrats-than-republicans/375180/

The Trudeau government did not prepare for the possibility of a Trump win in 2016, assuming, like so many others, that Hillary Clinton would obviously win.   The sad look on CBC News talking heads was priceless.

This time around for 2020, they appear to have learned that lesson...maybe.

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) He has said that the only way he would lose would be if the other side cheated.  It's irresponsible and lays the groundwork for denying the results.

1) Maybe you're not a liar, maybe your reading comprehension is what's holding you back. Saying the only way he'd lose is if Biden cheated is not the same as saying "I will stay in the WH no matter what". FYI the Dems were caught cheating 3 times on the last election, now that it's 100% certain that the investigation was a fraud.

I was going to respond to the rest of your post but you assert that the FBI is in on some conspiracy, which is just batshit crazy. 

The FBI wa involved in a conspiracy. They were busted for doing things that all add up to "being in on some kind of conspiracy". Then they wiped 33 cell phones, accidentally, because you know how sometimes you just do it. Everyone does, right?

Kevin Clinesmith from the FBI pleaded guilty to intentionally providing false evidence to the FISA court. He altered evidence. In addition to that, there were 17 SIGNIFICANT errors and omissions in the FBI's submissions to the FISA court.

Andrew McCabe and Petr Strzok were fired. 

The top FISA court judge said that the FBI's misconduct in this case was so egregious that it cast a shroud of doubt over every case the FBI ever worked on. I've posted a link to that here multiple times.

None of what I'm saying is CNN-type conspiracy bullshit (the type of thing that you like to base your opinions on). Every single thing that I've said here is a verifiable fact.

The fact that you don't know these things just shows your blatant, willful ignorance.

The only sane Conservative left is Argus and you lot are pillorying him.

Lie, get pilloried, then cry if you want. IDGAF. 

If people want to rip on Trump there are lots of truthful things that can be said. Just stick to the truth. It's ugly at times. Trump has a disqualifying record as a human being. 

Just remember that Hillary had an even more disqualifying record as a human being, and so does Biden. Being beholden to the Chinese gov't is probably the worst thing an American politician can have on their rap sheet. 

If there's a reason that Communism arrives, it will be because the conservatives went insane.  This is why I identify as conservative now, because the right turned into an LSD cult... and the original pragmatic conservatives are swamped by swamp drainage...

Dude the leftists are pure liars, top to bottom, inside and out. You can't name a single topic that CNN didn't "mostly lie about". I have as much respect for islamic state as I do CNN and the Dems. Sure islamic state is worse, I just don't have any respect at all for any of those groups.

I keep forgetting that I have you on ignore because you drink the proverbial kool aid that destroys politics. 

I'm not afraid to know what people are saying. I'd rather see people's lies and call them out for what they are than just let them spew unchallenged.  

15 hours ago, Cannucklehead said:

Ah yes because a guy who lost a fortune in business deals is the ideal candidate to manage the u.s. economy.  

Works for me, when they go belly up they can beg Canada for help.  :)

He's a person who has made and lost billions, and regardless of what you think about his business acumen, he's managed to keep himself in the penthouse lifestyle and his company holds billions worth of real estate. That's far more useful life experience than "part-time teacher, part-time snowboard instructor" or "created some racist laws in the '90s and bilked Ukraine, China and Iraq for billions".

43 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

If Trump somehow manages to pull off another win then you can discard all opinion polls as utterly useless.

Not necessarily. Remember that the US election is not merely a matter of who gets the most votes. An extra couple of million votes in places like California and New York and New Jersey won't do Biden any good. Trump could, as he did last time, win a few key battleground states with a few thousand votes and that would take the election.

5 hours ago, Argus said:

More and more we can see that where you stand on important political/politicized issues depends on the news feed you're getting.

ypflpzmyh2s51b.jpg

First two months against covid:

Trump - blocked travellers from China, neutral on masks.

Trudeau - allows flights right out of Wuhan, no screening at the airport, tells Canadians not to wear masks, gives away most of our PPE to China. Somehow our government never figured out that the WHO gave the worst advice possible, even though a lot of Canadians knew it the second we heard it. Now we have given the WHO ver $1B for the advice that made Canada top ten fastest in the world for getting to the 5,000 death mark. 40th in the world in population, 187th lowest pop density, one of the fastest countries to hit 5,000 deaths.

For some perspective, the New York City MSA has 21M people, and it's only 35,000 sq km. That's like if we took the whole population of Quebec, BC, Alberta, Yukon, Nunavit, NWT, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, and PEI, put them all on Vancouver Island, and the mayor of a city with 8M people there told the 4.3M daily subway riders to carry on as usual.

America's problem at the beginning of the outbreak was people like DeBlasio and Pelosi actively giving the worst advice possible to Americans and Cuomo stuffing covid patients into care homes.  NY State would be top ten in the world for covid deaths, just counting care home deaths.

FYI Fox News doesn't make comparisons between the USA and Canada re: covid. They don't care about our situation. No one had to tell me this, I'm not and idiot and I figured it out myself. 

People who think that Trudeau rocked the 'fight' against covid and Trump screwed up are just complete morons. Trudeau did nothing. Canada's built-in social distancing saved our bacon. People from Flin Flon can't infect people from Saskatoon as thoroughly and as quickly as people from NYC can infect people in Newark. 

Court frustrates Republican's attempt to suppress votes by limiting ballot drop-off locations to one per county.

Abbott said the move was designed to "strengthen voting safety in Texas." But Judge Robert Pitman said the directive imposed a "burden on an already vulnerable voting population that is somewhere between 'slight' and 'severe.'"

"By limiting ballot return centers to one per county, older and disabled voters living in Texas's largest and most populous counties must travel further distances to more crowded ballot return centers where they would be at an increased risk of being infected by the coronavirus in order to exercise their right to vote and have it counted," Pitman said. 

No matter where anyone stands on the political spectrum, shouldn't everyone agree that Americans deserve to hear an answer from Harris/Biden on the issue of packing the Supreme Court?Not just this issue either. Adding states,getting rid of the electoral college system. Basically changing the rules so that the Dems may never lose again.

As for packing the courts, the fact that Harris/Biden repeatedly refuse to give a clear answer says that they will absolutely pack the Supreme Court. They should be upfront and just say it.

• Like 1

Democrats (and their like minded sycophants in Canada) would violently refuse to accept a Trump win.

Will Democrats Accept Another Trump Victory?

...The exchange brings to mind the 2016 campaign, when media personalities speculated that Mr. Trump would refuse to concede to Hillary Clinton. The hypothesis was never tested, Mr. Trump having had the bad manners to win, but it turned out to be they who refused to concede defeat—not by contesting the election results but by persuading themselves and half the country that Mr. Trump had won by illegal means and generally behaving like spoiled children for the next four years.

...Unless Mr. Trump wins an improbable landslide, Democrats will claim he stole another election. He’s illegitimate now, in their eyes, but he’ll be even more illegitimate if he wins again. The only question is what conspiracy they will invent to explain it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/will-democrats-accept-another-trump-victory-11594405793

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Democrats (and their like minded sycophants in Canada) would violently refuse to accept a Trump win.

Looks like the US is in trouble then.  No-one is going to accept it.  Might as well save time and start shooting now.

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

At least one Canadian prefers to use ricin poisoning instead.

Yeah.  More effective over a longer distance, but the delivery system is not nearly as reliable.

It's going to get nasty after the election is over. If Trump somehow still manages to pull off a victory there will be riots. If Biden wins there will be celebrations which will descend into riots.

Either way there will be riots.

10 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

It's going to get nasty after the election is over. If Trump somehow still manages to pull off a victory there will be riots. If Biden wins there will be celebrations which will descend into riots.

Either way there will be riots.

What you just said boils down to: Leftists will riot if they lose and leftists will riot if they win.

Leftists consist of 3 groups: losers who stand to gain from a system where hard work is meaningless, ultra-wealthy people who own large corporations who don't want competition from small businesses, and idle dreamers who were brainwashed in liberal cullteges and cultiversities.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

It is said in the last days of Pompeii, they danced like madmen.

Edited by OftenWrong

It's very interesting what Shady has posted above with the polls, 2016 vs 2020. One would think that polling firms would absolutely want to get the most accurate numbers possible regardless of who they want to win but I'm not sure if that's the case.Jesse Watters from FOX has pointed out a number of times that many polling firms deliberately oversample Democrats which taints the real numbers. According to Watters, the reason they so this is that they do have an interest in promoting one side over the other, namely to discourage Republicans from showing up to vote and perhaps more so to discourage money going to what people would see as the losing side.I think there's something to this theory.

Another thing at play is that many Trump supporters are afraid to even voice their opinions out of fear of retribution.  The Democrats and their foot soldiers have created a very real climate of fear.