The road to 2020

1 minute ago, Boges said:

With Bloomberg out and supporting Biden, Gotta wonder if the money he's been spending goes with it. 

Bloomberg's money proves that it is no sure thing for victory.  

Trump defeated Clinton with far less money spent.

Trump's base has the "passion" juice, and so does Bernie's....Biden, not so much.

• Like 2

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

But that base cannot make up for the loss of disillusioned Bernie bros who will not turn out for Biden because of the DNC's  tactics.

...and more importantly, Joe Biden may win the Democrat delegates in southern states, but he will not win those states against Trump in the general.

I just posted polling that shows otherwise. And those polls were taken before the rest of the moderate field consolidated its support behind Biden. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I just posted polling that shows otherwise. And those polls were taken before the rest of the moderate field consolidated its support behind Biden. 

Polls ?  Polls ?   Didn't you learn anything from 2016 ?

Google "red state".

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Polls ?  Polls ?   Didn't you learn anything from 2016 ?

National polls.  We now know that this race is pretty much only down to 5-10 states, the other states may as well not have an election. 

I will give the Trump campaign credit. They knew where to focus their efforts. You would imagine Trump's team won't be facing such a complacent opponent this time. 

Edited by Boges

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

Polls right now don’t mean much.  Not until September.

• Like 2

Just now, Boges said:

National polls.  We no know that this race is pretty much only down to 5-10 states, the other states may as well not have an election. 

I will give the Trump campaign credit. They knew where to focus their efforts. You would imagine Trump's team won't be facing such a complacent opponent this time. 

The Democrats are so desperate they have given up on any policy/platform issues just to defeat Trump, at any cost.

Trump is in their head, and they still haven't recovered from getting clobbered in 2016.

They cannot win by just being "NOT TRUMP !".

• Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

The Democrats are so desperate they have given up on any policy/platform issues just to defeat Trump, at any cost.

Trump is in their head, and they still haven't recovered from getting clobbered in 2016.

That's like calling a 3-2 win in baseball clobbered. They were not clobbered. 

What are some of Trump's policy positions? Wall? America First? 

A lot of this elections seems to be going to fought around Healthcare. 

Just now, Boges said:

That's like calling a 3-2 win in baseball clobbered. They were not clobbered. 

What are some of Trump's policy positions? Wall? America First? 

A lot of this elections seems to be going to fought around Healthcare. 

Oh yes they were...psychologically clobbered to tears and depression...regardless of the score.

"America First" sells very well in the states that Trump needs to win.

Don't project Canada's obsession with "free healthcare" to the United States, where universal healthcare has already been defeated.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I am not American so at one level you know I know its not my phacking business but I agree with you. I think Dems are to fixated on Trump and have paid no attention to policies and issues. They can not win based on moral outrage. No one in the US is going to care if a politician lies or acts like a baboon or rude, etc. They care about MONEY, JOBS. Its about economic policies. Unless the Dems start talking economy and what they plan to do they won't defeat Trump on personality politics not with Smilin Joe Biden.

I have not heard one coherent economic statement from a Dem yet. I was hoping at least Bloomberg would say something of substance, but he did not. He was actually quite weak. All the geriatric candidates are. Between Bloomberg, Biden and Saunders it looks like some old age home for my people in Miami cursing each other out over who hid their teeth.

1 hour ago, Shady said:

Probably not until the general election.

He will definitely be supplying money to Biden if he needs it against Sanders. Sanders, and to a lesser degree Warren were the reasons he got into the race in the first place.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Ditto with the people who post here. 

We're just making arguments based on what we see and predictions that could prove meaningless in 9 months. 

Lol.....the Dems are in  full-swing TDS!  

If Trump had made so many gaffes  - how come Dems' priority is to vote the one "who can beat Trump?"   You'd think just about anyone among the candidates can, huh?

Lol, they don't even care about the policies - the only thing they want is to have someone who can beat Trump!  It means they know Trump will be hard to beat!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, betsy said:

If Trump had made so many gaffes  - how come Dems' priority is to vote the one "who can beat Trump?"   You'd think just about anyone among the candidates can, huh?

Agreed....any Democrat with a pulse should be able to "beat Trump", right ?

Why are they so worried if it so easy to defeat Trump ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boges said:

It'll be ironic AF if the GOP use that argument considering who leads their party right now. 

Trump's crazy 

Most of that stuff is Trump hamming it up at various events. He's quite descriptive with the body language...like getting down low to impersonate Bloomberg...or flailing his arms around like a windmill for Sanders...etc. 

He's popular...best deal with it rather than complain to me if you wish to change it.

In my opinion, only a fast moving NYC cab can derail the Trump campaign. NASA and the Military love Trump...that tells me what I personally need to know.

Pray for a miracle. But not on ice...they love Trump, too.

25038556-0-image-a-81_1582320644352.thumb.jpg.ccefeb28577cdc99dc0f62d919d85e24.jpg

Edited by DogOnPorch

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Except thats exactly what they did in 2018 and it worked like a charm.

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed....any Democrat with a pulse should be able to "beat Trump", right ?

Why are they so worried if it so easy to defeat Trump ?

Only Bernie has that passion juice you mention. Only Bernie draws big crowds...in VERY select locations, of course. Tacoma is his biggest so far, I think...not exactly 'enemy territory'.

Trump draws BIG crowds EVERYWHERE he goes...even California...and that has to be daunting as a Democrat in 2020. He's like Grant or Sherman at times...cutting a swath through the Democrat Confederacy. Trump Army on the march. Bloody awesome. He lives for this stuff.

But...me thinks those Dem Rebs have a few more tricks up their sleeves. Can't count 'em out yet.

I think that Obama is going to come out and endorse Biden any day now.

If he did it three months ago he would be interfering in the party politics to an extent which could upset the natural balance of the party, and he would also be seen to be going against all the other candidates.

Now when he weighs in it's to stop Bernie (not even a party member) and Trump, so he'll still be the hero of the entire Democrat Party. 

20 million people won't be kicked off of health care til after the election now... whew, R's can breath again!

Supreme Court will hear major challenge to Obamacare

"The justices said they would hear the case, likely later this year, after turning down an earlier request from Democrats to fast-track a ruling by June."

"The court is expected to hear the case during its next term starting in October, but the justices did not say when it will hear oral arguments."

On 3/4/2020 at 1:46 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Bloomberg's money proves that it is no sure thing for victory.  

Trump defeated Clinton with far less money spent.

Trump's base has the "passion" juice, and so does Bernie's....Biden, not so much.

Bloomberg started late, just flooded the airwaves & Internets with cash, did poorly then said peace out.  Terrible campaign.