Quebec Accepting Refugees Summer 2017: 150/day

18 hours ago, Argus said:

Yes, from all I've read the Somali population in the US  has gained the same sort of reputation for criminality as they have in Canada. The sex trafficking is mentioned of the US ones but Canada does it's best not to discuss such things so we don't know if that is happening here as well.

.Just look at ottawa over the last fews yrs, the somalis and other africans are now the major gangs and the shootings are getting out of hand. 

Edited by PIK

14 minutes ago, PIK said:

Young males with no respect for women or anyone else. Great for the country, but the white guilt people will at least be able to sleep at nite.

Says the fella leading the campaign for justice for all the Missing and Murdered First Nations women, the ones that law enforcement would have had their way with for over a century. 

On 8/7/2017 at 9:22 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Haitians are no different from many other emigres in that regard, from well "organized" nations or not. 

When the U.S. closes the border, they will go someplace else...like Canada.

Whoop-dee-thrill.  Canadians have to be the luckiest people in the world to be getting all of these hundreds of thousands of new foreign languages, traditions, cultures, and religions to our shores every year. Pretty soon Canada will be their country, and the host Canadians will be in the minority or worse. But hey, all of our dear leader politicians and liberals like to let the rest of the world know that we are a kind and passionate caring people who really do give a dam. The joke is on Canadians and their children and grandchildren who will pay for that joke in time. But do Canadians really care? Of course they don't. Money and me is what it is all about, dam the country. Pathetic. 

They are changing the shape of this country. This country will be flooded with culturally incompatible people. The worse if figures true, some 70% male refugees have no education likely without language skills or no skills at all on the receiving side of aid for years likely forever or forming gangsters, rapes, drugs..... Look what is happening to Europe, Germany in particular. We didn't vote for any of this. There is a feeling among politicians that this country belongs to them. Well not so. This country belong to the people. We need to take steps for new laws. Deportation to original country upon arrival for illegal immigrants. I am not against immigration I am an immigrant myself. I am against illegal immigrants especially those admitted with cultural incompatibility. 

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

On 8/11/2017 at 6:06 AM, betsy said:

I'm all for enlightened views.  I'm just wondering why teaching Voltaire seems to be a necessity for Haiti at this stage.

We may have to start with black/white cats - Galileo.

Deng Xiaoping was at least advanced enough to understand Galileo/Newton.

Can a billion people in China forget Confucious - and understand Voltaire?

=====

Betsy, between Jesus, Mohammed, Mao and Voltaire, I choose Voltaire.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:48 PM, August1991 said:

Nowadays, in this early 21st century, billions of people can travel everywhere. We are no longer tourists, visitors, immigrants, emigrants, travelers, employees, refugees...

Imagine the mid 21st century, say, around 2050 or so. What will people say? 

That we're definitely the weediest species on the planet if nothing else - there's nowhere on the face of or even under the land or sea we can't make a go of it.

We've won!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 0:32 AM, August1991 said:

150 people/day is about 50,000 per year. (In winter, the numbers may change - rise/fall, I don't know.)

CBC

.According to our federal PM, Justin Trudeau, we can accept all these people. I tend to agree: Canada is a large country. We can manage 50,000 refugees per year.

But my thought/fear is that Justin Trudeau is sending the message to many more/other foreigners: Canada is the place to be.

==== 

Some immigrants arrive in Canada with an understanding of Enlightenment principles. Many young children arrive with no knowledge of Voltaire at all.

Can we manage 100,000 refugees each year? Can we even manage 300,000 new immigrants each year?

Can we educate all these people, bring them into the 18th century? 

Canada has a controlled immigration system and there are a certain number of immigrants allowed for each category.  This year the total number will be 300,000.

Faith Goldie, a reporter and commentator from The Rebel Media, went to the main border crossing in Quebec recently and counted about 15 illegal migrants per hour coming into Canada.  This works out to 360 per day.  Of course these numbers probably vary widely.  These migrants probably do not fit into any of the legal categories because they are likely not genuine refugees fleeing persecution or threats to their lives.  If they are accepted then that may reduce the numbers permitted under certain categories.  Those who are trying to come in through the legitimate application process could be effected.  One website gives a basic description of how the system works.

Canada plans to allow 300,000 immigrants into the country this year.

Applicants are ranked on their age, education, language ability, and work experience and earn points for each category up to 600. For example, people aged between 20-29 years get the maximum 100 points while those over 45 get zero for that category.

Potential immigrants get additional points if they have a sibling who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada. Immigrants' spouses are assessed on the same criteria if they are also applying to come to Canada.   Unquote

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-immigration-factbox-idUSKBN1AI2UU?il=0

The number of immigrants for each category has to be justified by how they will fit into Canada.  For example, authorities who decide on the numbers must have justification for their numbers and know whether the numbers for each category will be able to find jobs and support themselves, or if for family reunification, be supported by family.  They can't bring in large numbers who will be required to be supported by social services because this will effect the social services budgets of the provinces.  So when people say we can bring in and support any number of migrants who come in illegally, they basically don't know what they are talking about.  The system has to operate on a controlled basis and be financially viable.

Edited by blackbird

38 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Canada has a controlled immigration system and there are a certain number of immigrants allowed for each category.  This year the total number will be 300,000.

blacklbird, do you work for the federal Liberal Party? If you do, the LPC is clueless.

It is wrong to say that Canada has a "controlled immigration system" when in 2017, several hundred foreigners are easily crossing the border daily.

=====

IMHO, we should teach people abroad, where they live, not in Canada.

Heck, even our flake federal PM believes this..

Edited by August1991

5 minutes ago, August1991 said:

blacklbird, do you work for the federal Liberal Party? If you do, the LPC is clueless.

It is wrong to say that Canada has a "controlled immigration system" when everyone knows that foreigners are easily crossing the border daily.

I am not a supporter of the LPC;  more of an opponent.  But I was just describing the info I found on how the system works in theory, not counting the illegal entries from the south.  I know they are just walking in in droves.  This could effect some categories and will cost a fortune to feed and house thousands of people and process their claims.  Many may be deported unless the government decides to allow them to stay under some dubious category.

38 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Blackbird all good but, we are talking about refugees and illegal immigrant not a controlled immigration!!!!!!!

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

47 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I am not a supporter of the LPC;  more of an opponent.  But I was just describing the info I found on how the system...

Fair enough. IMHO, the family name is causing confusion.

Our current federal PM is far more like his Mom. He is nothing like his Dad.

And frankly, between the two parents, I see little original.

=====

His Dad was original. His Dad chose an original woman.

We'll see whether Justin is an original. 

Edited by August1991

2 hours ago, August1991 said:

And frankly, between the two parents, I see little original.

=====

His Dad was original. His Dad chose an original woman.

We'll see whether Justin is an original. 

I am concerned about a number of things that JT is doing.  His idea about openly welcoming migrants to walk into Canada seems like a very unwise idea.  I can guess he is doing it to please the immigrant vote, which he relies heavily on.  Running up a deficit of 30 billions dollars in a year is hard to imagine and adding 30 billion a year to the deficit makes no sense.  Expected to be 100 billion dollars in a couple years.  What is he thinking?  Hard to believe one man has the power to do these kinds of things.  If you want to know more about Pierre Trudeau, get the book "The Truth About Trudeau" by Bob Plamandon.  He did so many bad things it is hard to understand why so many people seem to revere him.   He seemed to thumb his nose at our allies and traditional institutions like NATO while showing an unusual fondness for the communist dictatorships like the USSR. China, and Cuba.  JT's carefree attitude about national deficits might have been inherited from his father and of course his affection for Castro and the Chinese dictatorship.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

On the contrary. He shows the same contempt for those who disagree with him as his dad, and the same complete disregard for the importance of balancing the budget, the same willingness to throw federal dollars at anything that might get him elected, and the same affection for leftist dictatorships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

Pot - Kettle.

I don't show contempt for those who disagree with me. I discuss the disagreement politely.

I show contempt for idiots, especially the ones who go out of their way to insult me...

More than half of Quebecers are in favour of preventing migrants from entering the country and want them stopped at the Canada-U.S. border.

That opinion is shared by 51 per cent of Quebecers surveyed last week in a SOM-Cogeco News survey.

According to the survey, however, younger respondents, academics and people in the Montreal region do not support such a measure. In all, 37 per cent of respondents do not believe migrants should be prevented from entering Canada directly at the border.

Fifty-six per cent of respondents found it unacceptable that people bypassing normal immigration procedures be treated as a priority. People in the Quebec City area and those who speak French as their mother tongue are more likely to be in this group.

“At the time of the poll, we had very upbeat speeches from our leaders: Prime Minister (Justin) Trudeau, Premier (Philippe) Couillard, the mayor of Montreal, (Denis) Coderre. So we felt like it was ‘come on, come in, it’s the open bar, you’re accepted,’ ” Eric Lacroix, co-chair of SOM, said in an interview in explaining the results.

“There was an impression in the population at that time, that by crossing the border illegally, these people would have a privileged status compared to people who respect the rules,” he added.

The tone of the political leaders has since changed, he believes, to the point where the results might be different if the survey were done today.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/more-than-half-of-quebecers-want-to-prevent-entry-of-migrants-survey

This will play right into the hands of Couillard and his Liberals who have called for public consultations into discrimination and racism in La Belle Province. Polls such as this will serve to paint Quebecers as bigots and racists. A perfect lead in to the provincial election of October 2018 where Liberals hope minorities will respond in kind and vote for them.

MONTREAL — Quebec is being widely criticized for its plan to launch public consultations on systemic racism, even by those who agree visible minorities face many structural barriers in the province.

The debate has highlighted a deep divide among Quebec’s political left, with some people saying the consultations encourage an ideology of victimhood and demonize the province as inherently racist.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/consultations-on-systemic-racism-in-quebec-dividing-provinces-political-left/wcm/ed10d351-3f43-4ac4-bf63-74dd25bb605a

On 8/5/2017 at 7:41 AM, AngusThermopyle said:

They're not refugee's. Why is it so hard for people to comprehend that fact?

They are criminal illegals. They have entered Canada illegally and therefore they are telling Canadians that we don't care about your immigration laws. That is already one tick against them. They have no right to be here period. They all came from a safe country which according to the UN America is a safe country. Canada must send them back to America or whatever country they came from. Why is this so hard for Canadians to comprehend and try to get it thru their liberal heads that they have no right to be here and must go.  JT must go before Canada is ruined forever. 

On 8/13/2017 at 1:23 AM, blackbird said:

I am concerned about a number of things that JT is doing.  His idea about openly welcoming migrants to walk into Canada seems like a very unwise idea.  I can guess he is doing it to please the immigrant vote, which he relies heavily on.  Running up a deficit of 30 billions dollars in a year is hard to imagine and adding 30 billion a year to the deficit makes no sense.  Expected to be 100 billion dollars in a couple years.  What is he thinking?  Hard to believe one man has the power to do these kinds of things.  If you want to know more about Pierre Trudeau, get the book "The Truth About Trudeau" by Bob Plamandon.  He did so many bad things it is hard to understand why so many people seem to revere him.   He seemed to thumb his nose at our allies and traditional institutions like NATO while showing an unusual fondness for the communist dictatorships like the USSR. China, and Cuba.  JT's carefree attitude about national deficits might have been inherited from his father and of course his affection for Castro and the Chinese dictatorship.

Both Trudeau's have done and will continue to do more damage to Canada until this PM of ours is overthrown, and everything that his papa signed into law has to be erased form the books. The Trudeau legacy for Canada will end up only being known as nothing more than how to destroy a great wealthy freedom loving country in ten easy Marxists steps. Canada does not need the likes of Kim Jung "Ill" or Raul Castro to set up a communist dictator shop here, we already have our own dictator that has setup a communist shop here in Canada. We Canadians are so lucky, are we not? :D 

On 8/14/2017 at 3:42 PM, taxme said:

They are criminal illegals. They have entered Canada illegally and therefore they are telling Canadians that we don't care about your immigration laws. That is already one tick against them. They have no right to be here period. They all came from a safe country which according to the UN America is a safe country. Canada must send them back to America or whatever country they came from. Why is this so hard for Canadians to comprehend and try to get it thru their liberal heads that they have no right to be here and must go.  JT must go before Canada is ruined forever. 

Taxme,

I strongly disagree.

1. Given modern technology/supposed walls, they are here. (Sorry Matt Damon & fellow Canadians, we can no longer easily gate our life/house... )

2. How do we educate all these kids, bring them into the 21st century?

Edited by August1991

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Taxme,

I strongly disagree.

1. Given modern technology/supposed walls, they are here. (Sorry Matt Damon & fellow Canadians, we can no longer easily gate our life/house... )

2. How do we educate all these kids, bring them into the 21st century?

It doesn't matter if you strongly disagree, what taxme said is true. Your disagreement doesn't change the fact that they're illegal migrants crossing the border in an illegal manner. That's just a fact. Your strong disagreement doesn't change the fact that the US is considered to be a safe country, that's also a fact. Your strong disagreement also does not change the fact that they aren't refugees. You can disagree until the cows come home and it wont change these facts.

• Like 3