Quebec Accepting Refugees Summer 2017: 150/day

1 minute ago, Omni said:

How come you took him to the US then?

I already told you...because Haitian refugees prefer the U.S. over Canada...must be the weather.

Canada's Liberal Party sponsored the racist coup in Haiti ( The Ottawa Initiative ).

Now Haitian refugees are coming back to haunt Canada.

How do you say "Payback is a Bitch" in French ?

Omni. b_c, get a room - as the kids say.

=====

My 3 cents.

1. Despite various MSM reports, Steyn reports of impending doom, only 3 countries in the world have accepted and currently accept immigrants in large numbers: Australia, US, Canada. (In 1914, about 400,000 foreigners arrived in Canada. Our population then was about 8 million.)

2. But as an Australian once pointed out to me: Canadian immigrant numbers are gross; Australian are net numbers. Immigrants to Canada have a tendency to cross the border. So, net immigration to Canada is different. I'm with b_c: most foreigners prefer the US, not Canada. Omni, you're wrong.

3. IME, many French-Canadians (me, il était une fois... ) dislike English-Canadians (Omni) the same way many English-Canadians (Omni) dislike Americans (b_c).  So, I'm with b_c  in this aspect of the debate too. (Omni, you dislike America the same way that many people dislike you... )

Edited by August1991

The Western Left seems conflicted, and Omni's posts above show this confusion.

On one hand, Omni dislikes America.

On the other hand, Omni obviously likes progressive, Enlightenment principles.

=====

Some 100 years ago, millions of ignorant, illiterate immigrants of diverse religions, origins arrived in North America and teachers here taught them, or their children.

It was once considered progressive to teach and educate backward, illiterate people. Now, it is "progressive" to argue with literate libertarian trolls on the internet.

Edited by August1991

9 hours ago, August1991 said:

The Western Left seems conflicted, and Omni's posts above show this confusion.

On one hand, Omni dislikes America.

On the other hand, Omni obviously likes progressive, Enlightenment principles.

=====

Some 100 years ago, millions of ignorant, illiterate immigrants of diverse religions, origins arrived in North America and teachers here taught them, or their children.

It was once considered progressive to teach and educate backward, illiterate people. Now, it is "progressive" to argue with literate libertarian trolls on the internet.

Those last two lines are telling indeed.  The Internet is nothing more than an echo chamber for that kind of behaviour.