Russia and Mr. Trump

On 2017-01-28 at 3:55 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Because President Trump wants better U.S. relations with Putin's Russia.   President Obama really screwed things up.

If Canada wants to fight Russia....go for it...alone.

Oh.  So your new president wants to cozy up to a fascist.  Well, isn't that nice.  Fits well with your history so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

1 hour ago, ReeferMadness said:

Oh.  So your new president wants to cozy up to a fascist.  Well, isn't that nice.  Fits well with your history so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

That's right...it's America First...not Defunct British Empire First...or Europe First...or China First.

• Downvote 1

On 2017-01-29 at 6:04 PM, Smallc said:

I'm not sure I understand.

Okay this is what I've read online...apparently the Elite have their own groups at war with each other, one side is Rothschild and the other Rockefeller and the politicians around the world have chosen sides, and this is true what's going on in the USA. Soros is on Rothschild side but he's a very dangerous person and he pays out money to have other people do his dirty work and he should be in jail,especially what he did to his own people, the Jews during WW2. It's all about power and control of the world and moving people around the world and erasing borders and WE the people are being used and control.  I know, u don't believe in any of this and that's what they want from u.

They might get along and surprise the world with new ideas on how to handle terrorism. I like Trump's latest idea on maintaining safe zones in Syria. I think president Putin will agree with and support that, as an alternative to displacing millions of people.

There are many other ramifications and this meeting could be historic.

It'll be huge!

14 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

They might get along and surprise the world with new ideas on how to handle terrorism. I like Trump's latest idea on maintaining safe zones in Syria.

Save zones, while nice in theory, can be extremely problematic.

For example, who maintains them? If its the U.S., that puts more U.S. troops on the ground in harms way and can drag the U.S. deeper into the war. If its the Syrians or Russians, how do you guarantee that they will truly remain 'safe'? If its some 3rd party from the area,(Turkey, Saudi Arabia, etc.) how do you guarantee that the safe zone is not used for rebel activities (as some of those 3rd parties support the revels.)

And maintaining safe zones can be expensive, and might take resources away from the fight against ISIS.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/27/middleeast/trump-syria-safe-zone-explained/

I think president Putin will agree with and support that, as an alternative to displacing millions of people.

Why exactly are you assuming Putin actually cares about the millions of displaced people?

Russia supports Assad. Until now, the U.S. didn't. While the 2 countries are nominally both trying to defeat ISIS, both countries have radically different ideas of what the end result should be. I'm sure Putin would be quite happy to see millions of displaced people if it meant that Assad would stay in power.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

REFERENDUM IN UKRAINE: A RETURN NUCLEAR STATUS! 

In postwar history, annexation of a part of a sovereign 
 country's territory to aggressor state has no precedent. 

USA TRUMP CREATED NEW EURO ARMY an INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL SYSTEM!

http://eurokrym.ho.ua/05pr/fimb.html 

Russia's aggression against Ukraine has led to RF international isolation, 
including NATO's suspension of all practical cooperation with Russia. 

http://eurokrym.ho.ua/06al/

Annexing a neighboring country’s territory by force, Putin overturned in a 
single stroke assumptions on which post-Cold War European order has rested. 

[email protected] 

This thread is sensationalist hype. The premise of the OP is based on unconfirmed evidence. Trump is a shrewd business man, not a politician. His approach to deal negotiation is completely unlike Obama, which must leave people feeling shell-shocked. There, there, Argus. Trump of exactly the kind of boorish, rude SOB needed to break the leftist momentum. He is the Great White Hope.

220px-GreatWhiteHopePlay.jpg

Obama/Trump 2017

Trump's approach to dealing with Russia is very simple, once you understand the basic art of the business deal.
"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer."

In a boxing match, this is called working on the inside.

Edited by OftenWrong

Your assessment of the situation is aligned with many of his supporters and, I fear, with Mr. Trump's also.

As I have already said, we'll agree to disagree but the spectacular failures of the last three weeks seem to be turning on the lightbulb with some that his showmanship,  bragging and failed businesses maybe weren't a good reason to elect him.

Also I noticed that many Trump supporters in my FB/Twitter feed are becoming quieter and quieter.

On 2017-02-11 at 11:57 AM, OftenWrong said:

This thread is sensationalist hype. The premise of the OP is based on unconfirmed evidence. Trump is a shrewd business man, not a politician. His approach to deal negotiation is completely unlike Obama, which must leave people feeling shell-shocked. There, there, Argus. Trump of exactly the kind of boorish, rude SOB needed to break the leftist momentum. He is the Great White Hope.

220px-GreatWhiteHopePlay.jpg

Obama/Trump 2017

Trump's approach to dealing with Russia is very simple, once you understand the basic art of the business deal.
"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer."

In a boxing match, this is called working on the inside.

I can't imagine Eastern Europeans are too reassured by this strategy. 

On 11 February, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Your assessment of the situation is aligned with many of his supporters and, I fear, with Mr. Trump's also.

As I have already said, we'll agree to disagree but the spectacular failures of the last three weeks seem to be turning on the lightbulb with some that his showmanship,  bragging and failed businesses maybe weren't a good reason to elect him.

Also I noticed that many Trump supporters in my FB/Twitter feed are becoming quieter and quieter.

Perhaps your twitter trump supporters are getting tired of repeating themselves to mindless fear mongering, as I am.  I've laid low in this forum lately for that exact reason, the shrillness is being amped up by the MSM which are apparently losing audiences as well.  

And perhaps I missed the failures you speak of, I only saw the one WRT the 90 day immigration freeze.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkman said:

Perhaps your twitter trump supporters are getting tired of repeating themselves to mindless fear mongering, as I am.  I've laid low in this forum lately for that exact reason, the shrillness is being amped up by the MSM which are apparently losing audiences as well.  

And perhaps I missed the failures you speak of, I only saw the one WRT the 90 day immigration freeze.

The endless hurt feelings about the size of his inauguration crowd is one.  There are countless others.

I first noticed this on a tweeted story where Trump said he would start respecting the 'one China' policy.  Many liberals jeered him, but knew that it was a safer strategy than whatever he was thinking of before.  His supporters were barely present.

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The endless hurt feelings about the size of his inauguration crowd is one.  There are countless others.

I first noticed this on a tweeted story where Trump said he would start respecting the 'one China' policy.  Many liberals jeered him, but knew that it was a safer strategy than whatever he was thinking of before.  His supporters were barely present.

Well if you're going to include the crowd size spat as a "failure", then I guess he's had a few.  I notice you don't care to count his wins thus far, as the rest of the left don't care to mention either.  It's funny, I truly was neutral towards Trump when he won the nomination, and I referred to him as a scoundrel.  I was hoping one of the other contenders would take it.

But I found myself defending common sense with regards to Trump and left zealot nonsense like he's the next Hitler, he's a racist, he's got ties with Russia, etc.  These attacks were nothing more than conspiracy theories.  Nothing real to back them up.  Hey, 9/11 was an inside job too.  

He's certainly a flawed person, and certainly not a skilled politician, but that's part of his appeal I think.  That's what won me over, the fact that he's not a politician, and doesn't owe favours across Washington and isn't connected to the power brokers.  Now some of them attack him out of fear after they've milked the system for decades.  

He's rough around the edges, but that's what his administration team is for.  At the end of the day, if he can get the US economy humming and get millions of people back to work, then he'll win a second term.  But at 76, I don't know if he'll have the energy for another 4.

Edited by sharkman
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, sharkman said:

1) I notice you don't care to count his wins thus far, as the rest of the left don't care to mention either.   

2) But I found myself defending common sense with regards to Trump and left zealot nonsense like he's the next Hitler, he's a racist, he's got ties with Russia, etc. ...

3) He's certainly a flawed person, and certainly not a skilled politician, but that's part of his appeal I think.  That's what won me over, the fact that he's not a politician, and doesn't owe favours across Washington and isn't connected to the power brokers.  Now some of them attack him out of fear after they've milked the system for decades.  

4) He's rough around the edges, but that's what his administration team is for.  At the end of the day, if he can get the US economy humming and get millions of people back to work, then he'll win a second term.  But at 76, I don't know if he'll have the energy for another 4.

1) I don't doubt he has had some.

2) I doubt the first two assertions. "He's got ties with Russia" is not in the same league as the other ones.  I have also confirmed on these boards that I succumb to Trump Derangement Syndrome.

3) Agree.

4) The economy was already recovering pretty well.  His economic programs ("building factories") worry me the most.

So Michael Flynn might be finished as NSA chief after getting caught lying about his conversations with Russia.

An interesting question now is, did Flynn lie to Vice President Pence about those conversations? Or did Flynn tell the truth to Pence and Pence lied to the American people when he went around the media circuit defending Flynn? One of those things must be true.

My bet is that Flynn lied to Pence, and Pence thought he was telling the truth when he defended Flynn on TV.

-k

I think we can all agree that if Flynn spoke to Putin about removing sanctions and lied about it, that he should be removed.  I think this should show that Trump is not going to accept those who have the perception of being compromised and he is not going to easily be swayed by Russia.  This should set everyone's mind at ease.

Yes, kudos to President Trump for taking the only possible action available.

Tomorrow's headline: "Michael Flynn, You're Fired."

Alternate headline: "Trump has mole excised."

Also kudos to low-energy fake news outlet Washington Post for breaking this story.

Of course, the House Oversight Committee could have done that as well, and were asked many times to investigate Flynn, but they refused.  In fairness to the House Oversight Committee, they had their hands full investigating more important issues, like Sid The Science Kid.

-k

9 minutes ago, kimmy said:

Yes, kudos to President Trump for taking the only possible action available.

Tomorrow's headline: "Michael Flynn, You're Fired."

Alternate headline: "Trump has mole excised."

Also kudos to low-energy fake news outlet Washington Post for breaking this story.

Of course, the House Oversight Committee could have done that as well, and were asked many times to investigate Flynn, but they refused.  In fairness to the House Oversight Committee, they had their hands full investigating more important issues, like Sid The Science Kid.

-k

Flynn lied to the vice president, they found out the truth and acted on it.  Why not just say that you content that the right thing was done?

5 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

I think this should show that Trump is not going to accept those who have the perception of being compromised and he is not going to easily be swayed by Russia.  This should set everyone's mind at ease.

Uhhh.  No.

Fox News has implicated Trump in an article entitled: Why Flynn's resignation as national security adviser dragged on too long 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/14/why-flynns-resignation-as-national-security-adviser-dragged-on-too-long.html

Michael Flynn lasted just over three weeks as President Trump’s national security adviser, but probably hung on too long.

It had been clear for days that his position in the White House had become untenable. But Trump, known for his loyalty to aides in trouble, didn’t push him out, and Flynn declined to step aside until late last night.

This administration is an international embarassment.