Democrats Are In Disarray...Not GOP

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

On the streets of Chicago, community organizer and President Obama would be called a "punk bitch" for going out this way.

And he's not done yet. Not by a long shot.  He's having the time of his life. 

Edited by WestCoastRunner

6 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Why do you consider it a fiasco?  Your beloved GOP didn't think he was strong enough against Putin. Is that why it's a fiasco?  

I can't answer for Betsy, but I do see some issues WRT Obama's actions on his way out.  Russia has been hacking for well over a year, and Obama's known about it.  Second, in the last year his diplomats in Russia have been experiencing increasing harassment by Russian authorities.  Obama has done nothing about these direct offences against the US.  But suddenly with less than a month left, he gets heavy handed with Russia.  

If he had been heavy handed a year ago, the election hacking never would have happened.  So that tells us that their offences alone weren't enough to draw a response from Barry.  He has some other agenda as usual.  Ditto with his silly lashing out at Israel.  

Trump is showing his mettle, however, by using Obama's actions against him and becoming the good cop to Obama's bad cop.  

33 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

Are you saying the U.S. should bend over and take it when an unfriendly foreign government interferes in its election? Why wouldn't he act like "a woman scorned" in defence of his country?

He should just leave it to the President-elect to decide what to do about it, after all Obama's got only 3 more weeks to go!   Obama is making things difficult for the next President - that's his agenda.  He's poisoning the well.

I just heard the news tonight from a US channel.  There is nothing concrete so far to point to Putin.  The Intelligence "believe" and "suspect" that Putin is involved.  Until they have clear evidence that points to Putin, there's no point in antagonizing another nation over this.

Right on the heels of Netanyahu (over UN resolution), Putin's response to Obama over the expulsion of Russian diplomats  - no Russian tat for Obama's tit -  shows that Obama is now insignificant! 

That's what the pundit was saying on that US channel.  And it's true.

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Really it takes two to tango.  Trump and Obama both are noted dancers and they make a nice couple.

What is not in dispute is that the presidency's relationship to elections has forever changed.

Yeah....the two to tango are Putin and Trump.  They're dancing together - while sizing each other up.

Obviously, Obama's not good enough.  Netanyahu won't dance with him either. :P

There's no reason to tango with Obama , he's on his way out!  After Jan 20 - gone with the wind!

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

He should just leave it to the President-elect to decide what to do about it, after all Obama's got only 3 more weeks to go!   Obama is making things difficult for the next President

But the next president is the treasonous puppet who wants to sweep it all under the rug. He even has some particularly gullible people believing here isn't conclusive evidence.

This has led individuals in the GOP into the tricky position of deciding whether they are loyal to their country or their party. We are watching that shake out as we speak.

Edited by BubberMiley

27 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Who is not taking him seriously?

Openly? Russia, Germany, UK, China and Israel.  You have to assume that being a lame duck president, that there are more.  I suppose it's to be expected, but for leaders to do it so openly is a little shocking.  

You'll ask for a cite, but no, if you can't/won't believe it, that's on you.

54 minutes ago, Smallc said:

Both, since both were true.

I don't think the WMD story was true, but I'm becoming ever more convinced the hacking story is. Investigation into those stories was and is justified IMO. If I was an American voter I would have a big question mark in my mind that I would want laid to rest.

29 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Openly? Russia, Germany, UK, China and Israel.  You have to assume that being a lame duck president, that there are more.  I suppose it's to be expected, but for leaders to do it so openly is a little shocking.  

The Russian and Israeli leaders have never been fans of Obama.  The others are just things you're making up.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

I don't think the WMD story was true, but I'm becoming ever more convinced the hacking story is.

There were chemical weapons found in Iraq - the story about Saddam having plans to use them was a Bush administration fib.

1 minute ago, Smallc said:

There were chemical weapons found in Iraq - the story about Saddam having plans to use them was a Bush administration fib.

There were a few artillery shells found with mustard gas in the nose. I doubt Saddam even knew they were there. And they were quickly destroyed with his complete agreement.

29 minutes ago, Omni said:

There were a few artillery shells found with mustard gas in the nose. I doubt Saddam even knew they were there. And they were quickly destroyed with his complete agreement.

In all, American troops secretly reported finding roughly 5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs, according to interviews with dozens of participants, Iraqi and American officials, and heavily redacted intelligence documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?_r=1

More than a few.

5 minutes ago, Smallc said:

In all, American troops secretly reported finding roughly 5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs, according to interviews with dozens of participants, Iraqi and American officials, and heavily redacted intelligence documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?_r=1

More than a few.

Last thing I did was oversee the destruction of a few Samoud missiles that had a range of 180 km, if you changed out a smaller warhead for a bigger fuel tank that was against the UN sanctions of 150 KM. Again without any hassle from Saddam, and I doubt the world was really all that threatened by the extra 30 km range.

7 hours ago, Smallc said:

She won the popular vote.  She lost the election.  That's a travesty.

No it's not a travesty.  That's the electoral college which prevents California and New England dictating their will to the rest of the country.  It's fair as the mayor of Los Angeles has more Influence than the governor of North Dakota.  The system has to account for uneven population distribution and it's still democratic.

if the leftists want to get power back their message should appeal to people in the other parts of the country.

5 minutes ago, blueblood said:

No it's not a travesty.  That's the electoral college which prevents California and New England dictating their will to the rest of the country.  It's fair as the mayor of Los Angeles has more Influence than the governor of North Dakota.  The system has to account for uneven population distribution and it's still democratic.

if the leftists want to get power back their message should appeal to people in the other parts of the country.

The electoral college is outdated, should be dumped, and let the people actually elect their leaders. Had they done this sooner they wouldn't be heading into the embarrassment they are now facing.