Democrats Are In Disarray...Not GOP

1 hour ago, hernanday said:

....The Republican party is grossly unpopular in America, so much so, that in the last 7 elections they have have only one the popular vote 1 time.  That is losing the majority  of the voters 6 of 7 times.  This is why they cheat so much, because they can not win without cheating.

Then if the Republican party becomes any more unpopular, it will get even more seats in Congress, governorships, and state houses.

The Democratic party purposely cheated Bernie Sanders, and it helped to elect Donald Trump.

The electoral college has strayed  from the  framer's intent causing a failed democratic republic. If the framers intended for popular vote in a state to be their view of a representative republic , they would never have created  congressional districts. The only 2 states that remotely  follow the framer's intent are Nebraska and Maine which allocate  EC votes proportional to the votes of the people. 

Americans have a very short memory. Remember the last time you made a guy president who didn’t win the most votes.? 911,,,Iraq war disaster, Torture, financial crash. That's what happens when you subvert  the will of the people.

Edited by Canadianjim
  • Downvote 1

Obama is saying if he could run again he could beat Trump and Clinton is saying she lost because of the FBI director had said......Clinton lost because voters know ALL about them and Obama couldn't win ,especially what some Jews supporters must think of him not voting in the UN vote for Israel. The US is a huge mess and many people NEED to go to jail for causing the unrest going on it the US right now,like the 15 Mall attacks on consumers.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

He's just giving Netanyahu a slap for barging in to address congress without a proper invite. I reckon Obama is having a great time.

You'd reckon wrong then, Obama is desperately trying to protect his legacy..and is coming unwound as the people of America elected someone to dismantle his social agenda, that world leaders are waiting for his departure, that companies and the stock market are improving and even though he is still in office, no one gives a crap what he say's - It's all about Trump, and Trump is already doing Obama's job.  When Obama, is publicly saying that he'd have beaten Trump, you gotta know he's hurting.  No, he's not having a great time.

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

You'd reckon wrong then, Obama is desperately trying to protect his legacy..and is coming unwound as the people of America elected someone to dismantle his social agenda, that world leaders are waiting for his departure, that companies and the stock market are improving and even though he is still in office, no one gives a crap what he say's - It's all about Trump, and Trump is already doing Obama's job.  When Obama, is publicly saying that he'd have beaten Trump, you gotta know he's hurting.  No, he's not having a great time.

The EC elected Trump, not the people. Obama's legacy will be just fine and he may go down as one of the most popular presidents in the nation's history. Trump on the other hand will be in contravention of the Constitution the moment he signs into office, Obama is probably popping corn and getting ready to enjoy the show as we speak.

31 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

.  When Obama, is publicly saying that he'd have beaten Trump, you gotta know he's hurting.  No, he's not having a great time.

Actually he was just pointing out Trump's failure to win a majority of the vote, which causes Trump and his supporters to lose their sh*t, which is the only thing we have to look forward to for the next while.

Trump supporters aren't "losing their sh*t", maybe confused that you people are making up your own reality and grasping whatever small "victory" you can, but I assure you, Trump supporters couldn't be more happy right now.  I personally find it sad that after 8 years, the Obama's are going out like whining pu**ies.

4 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Trump supporters aren't "losing their sh*t", maybe confused that you people are making up your own reality and grasping whatever small "victory" you can, but I assure you, Trump supporters couldn't be more happy right now.  I personally find it sad that after 8 years, the Obama's are going out like whining pu**ies.

How happy will they be when Trump and his billionaire cabinet elites don't get them their jobs back?

8 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Happy enough to throw the bums out.  Worked the same for Hillary and her coastal elites.

I seem to recall during the debates that at one point when Trump seemed more or less coherent, he said he was going to stand up to the elites. Now all he's done is hire them. But I doubt that is much of a surprise to most of us. Of course the rust belt folks will probably have figured out they have been blind sided, but they now, as you say, have to wait 4 years to throw the bums out.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

I seem to recall during the debates that at one point when Trump seemed more or less coherent, he said he was going to stand up to the elites. Now all he's done is hire them. But I doubt that is much of a surprise to most of us. Of course the rust belt folks will probably have figured out they have been blind sided, but they now, as you say, have to wait 4 years to throw the bums out.

So hiring successful people to run things is a bad idea?

in fairness "elite" is relative.  Some people consider businessmen elite and people like myself consider Washington insiders - lawyers on trust funds to be elite.  Democrats have plenty of money greasing their wheels too.

the rust belt took it on the chin for almost 20 years, trump had a clear plan for change and Hillary was going to keep the status quo.

2 minutes ago, blueblood said:

So hiring successful people to run things is a bad idea?

in fairness "elite" is relative.  Some people consider businessmen elite and people like myself consider Washington insiders - lawyers on trust funds to be elite.  Democrats have plenty of money greasing their wheels too.

the rust belt took it on the chin for almost 20 years, trump had a clear plan for change and Hillary was going to keep the status quo.

Trump has taken his own businesses out of the US to China and Mexico to enhance profits so his credibility on this issue is in question right from the start. And since he won't divest then the moment he signs into office he is in contravention of the Constitution he will have sworn to uphold. Oh to be a lawyer in Washington, there will be no end to high paid work.

5 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trump has taken his own businesses out of the US to China and Mexico to enhance profits so his credibility on this issue is in question right from the start. And since he won't divest then the moment he signs into office he is in contravention of the Constitution he will have sworn to uphold. Oh to be a lawyer in Washington, there will be no end to high paid work.

Trump has businesses all over the world and he says that.  Heck he even opened up a 20 million dollar hotel in China. (The huff post YouTube video of him saying China is priceless).  Trump also says a lot of things.  Trumps credibility comes with his fortune and that he can't be bought.  He's already appointed his kids to run the empire while when he's done being president he'll be well looked after.  I'd rather have someone stinking rich who's influence can't be bought as he has gobs of money to begin with rather than someone without much money who is more succiptible to corruption.  If his business was such a problem he would have lost the presidency and if it becomes one then democrats can get in for the midterms and begin the impeachment process.

4 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Trump has businesses all over the world and he says that.  Heck he even opened up a 20 million dollar hotel in China. (The huff post YouTube video of him saying China is priceless).  Trump also says a lot of things.  Trumps credibility comes with his fortune and that he can't be bought.  He's already appointed his kids to run the empire while when he's done being president he'll be well looked after.  I'd rather have someone stinking rich who's influence can't be bought as he has gobs of money to begin with rather than someone without much money who is more succiptible to corruption.  If his business was such a problem he would have lost the presidency and if it becomes one then democrats can get in for the midterms and begin the impeachment process.

When you inherit as much money as Trump did and then go bankrupt at least 4 times, pay no income tax for nearly 20 years because there is a gaping hole in the tax act he was able to use, refuse to divulge income tax returns, and go from building hotels to just getting a stipend to hang your name on it, I have to question his actual business acumen. And of course when he speaks he seems to sound like a man with an IQ somewhere around room temperature, and he is showing he doesn't mind breaching the Constitution, impeachment, oddly, has entered the discussion about his presidency, even before he takes office.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

When you inherit as much money as Trump did and then go bankrupt at least 4 times, pay no income tax for nearly 20 years because there is a gaping hole in the tax act he was able to use, refuse to divulge income tax returns, and go from building hotels to just getting a stipend to hang your name on it, I have to question his actual business acumen. And of course when he speaks he seems to sound like a man with an IQ somewhere around room temperature, and he is showing he doesn't mind breaching the Constitution, impeachment, oddly, has entered the discussion about his presidency, even before he takes office.

He took 1 million and is now worth 4.3 billion.  He could ruin 20 businesses for all I care.  At the end of the day he had the acumen to get to be worth 4.3 billion.  How many people can say they turned 1 million into 4.3 billion?

6 minutes ago, blueblood said:

He took 1 million and is now worth 4.3 billion.  He could ruin 20 businesses for all I care.  At the end of the day he had the acumen to get to be worth 4.3 billion.  How many people can say they turned 1 million into 4.3 billion?

You think he only inherited a million? Don't think so but of course he won't release any actual paperwork to prove anything, but the actual numbers seem to be somewhere in the hundreds of millions. The discussion is about how the money was divied up among the family. We don't know how much he's worth as it's all speculation. Add to that his business dealings indicate he is a racist just as much as his "build a wall" and ""deport the Muslim's" bull shit confirms it, I am GD glad not to have this embarrassing A..hole as my "leader".  

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

You think he only inherited a million? Don't think so but of course he won't release any actual paperwork to prove anything, but the actual numbers seem to be somewhere in the hundreds of millions. The discussion is about how the money was divied up among the family. We don't know how much he's worth as it's all speculation. Add to that his business dealings indicate he is a racist just as much as his "build a wall" and ""deport the Muslim's" bull shit confirms it, I am GD glad not to have this embarrassing A..hole as my "leader".  

He was given a million to enter the real estate biz in the 70s and did well with it.  A google search shows he's worth 4.3 billion which is a sizeable fortune.

his build a wall to keep illegal immigrants out and ban people from terrorist areas won him the White House.  Part of the reason the dems lost is that they went on too many racist witch hunts and people got sick of it.  Joe Biden would agree with that remark.  A higher % of blacks and Hispanics voted for trump than Romney yet Romney got more total votes than trump did.  

In fairness Hilary would have lost to any of the rebublican primary candidates she was that poor of a candidate.

6 minutes ago, blueblood said:

He was given a million to enter the real estate biz in the 70s and did well with it.  A google search shows he's worth 4.3 billion which is a sizeable fortune.

his build a wall to keep illegal immigrants out and ban people from terrorist areas won him the White House.  Part of the reason the dems lost is that they went on too many racist witch hunts and people got sick of it.  Joe Biden would agree with that remark.  A higher % of blacks and Hispanics voted for trump than Romney yet Romney got more total votes than trump did.  

In fairness Hilary would have lost to any of the rebublican primary candidates she was that poor of a candidate.

What got Trump the election was promises to the rust belt regarding jobs, and as well a faulty EC system. It is going to be a gong show starting Jan 20.

Just now, Omni said:

What got Trump the election was promises to the rust belt regarding jobs, and as well a faulty EC system. It is going to be a gong show starting Jan 20.

How is the ec system faulty?  Because New England and California need the rest of the USA to decide the presidency?

maybe the USA was a gong show for the past 8 yrs?

2 minutes ago, blueblood said:

How is the ec system faulty?  Because New England and California need the rest of the USA to decide the presidency?

Simply faulty because it can thwart the will of the people as it just did. What I find ironic is that part of the reason it was initially established was to protect the electorate from itself in case they elected someone who could be destructive to the country overall. I see two glaring examples of faulty. 

21 minutes ago, blueblood said:

The system is faulty for those in denial only.  Reality is still too painful for leftwing extremists and the like.

2 hours ago, Omni said:

Simply faulty because it can thwart the will of the people as it just did. What I find ironic is that part of the reason it was initially established was to protect the electorate from itself in case they elected someone who could be destructive to the country overall. I see two glaring examples of faulty. 

I explained to you how this is wrong.