Democrats Are In Disarray...Not GOP

14 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Trump supporters aren't "losing their sh*t", maybe confused that you people are making up your own reality and grasping whatever small "victory" you can, but I assure you, Trump supporters couldn't be more happy right now.  I personally find it sad that after 8 years, the Obama's are going out like whining pu**ies.

Are these the "happy" Trump supporters threatening this old lady's life? 

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/news/world/a-professor-called-donald-trumps-election-an-act-of-terrorism-then-she-became-the-victim-of-terror&pubdate=2016-12-29

24 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

The right certainly doesn't like free speech, eh?   They whine about political correctness is someone says "Happy Holidays", but then think it's ok to harass and terrify people for saying things they don't like.   .   

9 hours ago, Omni said:

Simply faulty because it can thwart the will of the people as it just did. What I find ironic is that part of the reason it was initially established was to protect the electorate from itself in case they elected someone who could be destructive to the country overall. I see two glaring examples of faulty. 

The will of the people in the states was realized.  Just because the rest of the country didn't happen to agree with California and New England doesn't mean people should get their knickers in a knot.  Trump might be a loud boor but the people had plenty of opportunity to punt him.  The USA had to put up with Obama for 8 yrs...

1 hour ago, blueblood said:

The will of the people in the states was realized.  Just because the rest of the country didn't happen to agree with California and New England doesn't mean people should get their knickers in a knot.  Trump might be a loud boor but the people had plenty of opportunity to punt him.  The USA had to put up with Obama for 8 yrs...

Are you saying people shouldn't discuss Russian involvement in the election? This position seems to be putting the GOP into much greater disarray than the Democrats. They seem unsure whether they should be loyal to the New King or to the concept of a democratic USA.

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Much ado about nothing!  This woman deserves all the name calling she gets - she invited it, she also tried calling out the Trump supporters in that class...why?  So that she could intimidate them.  Now she is feeling intimidated by "mean tweets"?  Turn around is fair play, she's lucky she even has a job.  

You see, everything we're seeing right now is the people on the left having a difficult time realizing that there are consequences for their actions - there always is, for each decision you make, there is a price to pay.  Why liberals (especially educators) can't fathom that idea is staggering.  They think they can antagonize everyone whom they disagree with, but then when called out as the bullies they are, they claim "victimhood".  

10 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Much ado about nothing!  This woman deserves all the name calling she gets - she invited it, she also tried calling out the Trump supporters in that class...why?  So that she could intimidate them.  Now she is feeling intimidated by "mean tweets"?  Turn around is fair play, she's lucky she even has a job.  

She "deserves" death threats from "happy" Trump supporters for speaking against him?  There have been similar incidents within the GOP between those who don't want to be the party of Putin and those who long for authoritarianism. I would be surprised if the disarray is not deep enough to have a completely split party before long.

Edited by BubberMiley

8 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

You see, everything we're seeing right now is the people on the left having a difficult time realizing that there are consequences for their actions - there always is, for each decision you make, there is a price to pay.  Why liberals (especially educators) can't fathom that idea is staggering.  They think they can antagonize everyone whom they disagree with, but then when called out as the bullies they are, they claim "victimhood".  

You have outlined a principle here.  Now, prove to me you believe it by giving an example of a right-wing person who did the same thing and got what they deserved.

8 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

She "deserves" death threats from "happy" Trump supporters for speaking against him? 

Did she actually get any death threats?  All they quoted was some name calling.  This is simply the teacher inserting herself into the victim role, they even want to prosecute the student FFS.  Oh, she is scared - well, that's all on her.

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You have outlined a principle here.  Now, prove to me you believe it by giving an example of a right-wing person who did the same thing and got what they deserved.

Relevance to Democrats in disarray ?    Please start a new topic if needed.

8 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

People are constantly calling for Trump's death - just today Charlie Sheen jumped into the act on Twitter.

However, to your point, a quick example would possibly be the "christian bakery vs. the gay couple".  Does anybody care that the bakery gets driven out of business?  No, people on the left cheer and celebrate such an achievement - they had it coming, that's the price the bakery should pay for their intolerance.  

The theory works for everybody - in fact, it's inescapable.  One has the freedom to make a decision or state a comment, but freedom does not excuse any of us from the price of our actions - it may reduce it, but there will still be a price.  You want to quit your, tell off your boss, drive too fast, talk politics/religion, be a slut, be frigid, do drugs, kill somebody, but a corvette instead of mini-van (or vice versa), save your money, spend your money, be an asshole, sleep in....whatever.  Trump is paying the price for his decision to run for president, Hillary is paying the price for things she said and the psychology professor is paying the price for her decisions, the student will pay a price for recording that video.  There is price for every decision we make - every one, sometimes the price is high - sometimes it's fairly low.  It's up to us to decide whether that price is what we want to pay for that particular decision.

33 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Did she actually get any death threats?  All they quoted was some name calling.  This is simply the teacher inserting herself into the victim role, they even want to prosecute the student FFS.  Oh, she is scared - well, that's all on her.

The Washington police indicated in the article that they are taking the threats seriously and investigating. A Trump supporter also made her personal information public in order to intimidate her. But I guess if she chose to engage in political discourse, those threats are on her. 

6 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

The Washington police indicated in the article that they are taking the threats seriously and investigating. A Trump supporter also made her personal information public in order to intimidate her. But I guess if she chose to engage in political discourse, those threats are on her. 

Cox said she has appealed to Costa Mesa Police and the FBI seeking help, but was told by both agencies that until her property is vandalized or she is physically attacked, there’s nothing law enforcement can do to help.

In a statement sent to The Washington Post, Costa Mesa police wrote that they “take the type of threats that Ms. Cox received seriously and we are currently investigating this case.”

An FBI spokesman wrote to The Post that the agency does not comment on information from individuals who claim to be victims of crime.

“Any member of the public who feels they are being threatened may report it to the FBI, where we will attempt to determine veracity and whether an allegation falls within our purview,” the statement said. “If they feel their life is in immediate danger, they need to call 911.”

Of course the police say they are taking it seriously, what else would you expect them to say "we simply don't care"?  You have to read a little in between lines.  

Now, would I threaten her?  No, but i'm not surprised that out of 48% of a population of 380 million people, she got some nastiness sent her way for her comments.  Were there any direct threats?  No, not that we've seen and by the slant of the article, if there were any, we'd surely know by now.  As far as political discourse, many people have spoken out against Trump, so what makes her case different is that she is a professor and she was intimidating her students - she was a bully.  So, now she feels intimidated - so what.  

She wants absolutely no accountability for her actions, but she wants to make sure the student pays the "price" by ruining that students educational life - what about their political freedom? 

She didn't intimidate anyone. She simply expressed her views, which were secretly and illegally recorded and posted for "happy" Trump supporters. In response, she got over 1000 threatening emails, including this one: “You want communism, go to Cuba ... try to bring it to America and we’ll put a (expletive) bullet in your face.” 

5 minutes ago, BubberMiley said:

She didn't intimidate anyone. She simply expressed her views, which were secretly and illegally recorded and posted for "happy" Trump supporters. In response, she got over 1000 threatening emails, including this one: “You want communism, go to Cuba ... try to bring it to America and we’ll put a (expletive) bullet in your face.” 

Then you haven't seen the whole video or heard interviews with the students in that classroom.

She stood up in a forum and preached a very violent and fearful rant to a bunch of students.  She got "in the ring".  Her purpose was nothing more than to scare half the students and intimidate those who supported Trump.  What is the new catch phrase?  Words matter.  Yes, she is paying the price for her decisions.  Charlie sheen will pay a price for his comments too - a much smaller price because he wasn't preaching his shit to a captive group of students, but his price will amount to a bunch of people calling him a useless junkie etc etc.

Democrats and liberals never seem to think there should be ramifications for their actions and seem staggered by the truth when it does happen.  A prime example is Khan, although he was clearly used by the democrats because he is a muslim with a deceased military son.  People couldn't understand that this guy stood on stage, injected himself into the political arena for no other reason than to attack Trump.  Personally, I would've taken the high road and simply said "he has a right to his opinion", but he deserved what he got from Trump.  

18 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

She stood up in a forum and preached a very violent and fearful rant to a bunch of students.  She got "in the ring".  Her purpose was nothing more than to scare half the students and intimidate those who supported Trump.  What is the new catch phrase?  Words matter.  Yes, she is paying the price for her decisions.  Charlie sheen will pay a price for his comments too - a much smaller price because he wasn't preaching his shit to a captive group of students, but his price will amount to a bunch of people calling him a useless junkie etc etc.

You use a lot of descriptive words about what she said, calling it "intimidating" and "violent," but you won't say what she said to deserve the threats. That's telling.

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

It did, problem is; Hillary paid a larger price for her "deplorable" comments. 

You must not be aware that this woman's (non-violent, unintimidating) comments were secretly and illegally recorded by a Trump supporter and released to the mob. She didn't choose to get "in the ring", so even if that justified the death threats,  it isn't the case here. 

Edited by BubberMiley

2 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

You must not be aware that this woman's (non-violent, unintimidating) comments were secretly and illegally recorded by a Trump supporter and released to the mob. She didn't choose to get "in the ring", so even if that justified the death threats,  it isn't the case here. 

WoW! So much fail in two simple sentences.  First off, the natural world doesn't care about US law.  Society didn't care that the emails from DWS were obtained illegally, nor did they care about how Hillary's or Podesta's emails were acquired or released.  The natural world doesn't care that Trump was recorded (the pussy tapes) without his knowledge.  These people said and did what they said and did - plain and simple.  The natural world requires that a price be paid - and in all cases it was, did these people pay enough of a price for their indiscretions - that's an opinion argument.  

As far as this woman's comments being "intimidating" or "violent", that's not really your decision (or mine), that is the decision of those she is addressing.  I know you've been luring me into this argument for some time, clearly trying to change the topic and discuss what is and what is not intimidating, but that's not really up to us.  I've seen interviews with students and I've seen the videos, and if the witnesses say this woman was trying to intimidate, then I can see their point.  

As for the "Mob" comment - are you serious?  Is this how far you've stooped.  I can't say i thought you were better than this, but geez!

I'll say it again, she is a teacher/professor and she decided to air her political thoughts (that amounted to a childish rant) directly to an audience of students, which is very different that a regular person posting a Facebook rant, therefore, yes she got into the ring - and yes, she must accept whatever societal blowback comes her way.

Edited by Hal 9000