Democrats Are In Disarray...Not GOP

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Perhaps you should send the links to Peter Boockvar

I'm sure Boockvar is well aware of the situation. He is also one of the analysts predicting the bond market will slump. The nice thing about being a television pundit is you can have a different story every weekday, that way you get a steady paycheck as you always have something 'new' to say.

20 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

I'm sure Boockvar is well aware of the situation. He is also one of the analysts predicting the bond market will slump. The nice thing about being a television pundit is you can have a different story every weekday, that way you get a steady paycheck as you always have something 'new' to say.

It's CNN Money who is forecasting the stock market rally will continue, and is because of confidence in President Trump. These people are in contact with some of the top bank strategists on Wall Street and this is what they're seeing, contrary to some graph on google.

Trump stock market rally: Likely to keep going in 2017

Edited by OftenWrong

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

contrary to some graph on google.

The graphs is not on google, it is everywhere because it reflects reality. I  am citing facts, you are citing ouiji board. Yes there are a dime a dozen pundits out there with all sorts of 'predictions', and once in a blue moon one of them is right and then we have them and their sheep braying that for years despite the fact the 99% of the predictions are completely wrong.

On 12/31/2016 at 4:57 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Democrats ran a candidate who thought she was owed her turn just for being female....many women didn't buy into that nonsense.

Too bad there won't be much entertainment other than the choir. Well of course other than the buffoon himself, but I think most of us have seen/heard enough of that. Pass the remote please. 

Just now, ?Impact said:

The graphs is not on google, it is everywhere because it reflects reality. I  am citing facts, you are citing ouiji board. Yes there are a dime a dozen pundits out there with all sorts of 'predictions', and once in a blue moon one of them is right and then we have them and their sheep braying that for years despite the fact the 99% of the predictions are completely wrong.

Actually you have cited nothing. Not a single reference or link. At the moment the economy is very favourable despite liberal/ democrat predictions of a Trump win bringing financial doom.  Donald Trump got the presidency in a stunning win and ran a low cost campaign, spending far less than Hillary. The man's a financial genius.

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Actually you have cited nothing. Not a single reference or link.

I cited the DJIA, the very item that was the basis for the original comment in thread. There can be no clearer reference, that is a well understood metric that has been around for well over a century (since 1896). If you are going to get involved in a topic on finance and don't know the DJIA or how to follow it without a hand holding link then you should move over to the Kardashian thread.

6 hours ago, ?Impact said:

DJIA started increasing before the election, in fact that was its highest rate of climb. It has been going down slowly over the past couple of weeks, but then this is the holiday season.

8% rise in the Dow jones since trump won.  It is in spitting distance of 20000 and blew past 19000.  

That shows extreme investor confidence along with consumer confidence at highest level since 2001.

for the sake of intellectual honesty the Dow at 20000 has the calling card of a recession coming soon as the USA is due for one.

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

I cited the DJIA, the very item that was the basis for the original comment in thread. There can be no clearer reference, that is a well understood metric that has been around for well over a century (since 1896).

So what. You mentioned the term DJIA, but you didn't cite any data. Got any links to support your claim? I've shown the US economy is responding positively to Donald Trump as the next president. So let's see your info to the contrary. Support your claims.

No, 6%. Remember the election results were not known until after the close of market on the 8th.

The lax regulation in the financial markets was huge contributor to the collapse of the economy in 2008. Dodd-Frank was needed, it is far from perfect but to slap on the 'over regulate' label is silly. It also seems to contradict you next statement about 'due for correction'.

8 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

No, 6%. Remember the election results were not known until after the close of market on the 8th.

The lax regulation in the financial markets was huge contributor to the collapse of the economy in 2008. Dodd-Frank was needed, it is far from perfect but to slap on the 'over regulate' label is silly. It also seems to contradict you next statement about 'due for correction'.

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2016/12/09/trump-stock-market-dow-close-goldman-sachs/%3Fsource%3Ddam?client=safari

no 8%

dodd frank was not needed, all what happened was a bunch of money for printed and business said we have an unpredictable government that pops regulations on a whim and has sky high taxes so we are putting our money elsewhere and as a result the slowest recovery since the 40s and low job participation numbers 

government intervention with rock bottom interest rates, backstopping banks to allow them to make stupid loans and things like the community reinvestment act contributed to the recession along with people being greedy in the only thing propping up the economy (real estate) after the dot com bubble.

9 yrs of GDP growth as sluggish as it is means they are due for a recession especially when all the money is making its way into the stock market and interest rates are finally going up.  

Edited by blueblood

4 minutes ago, blueblood said:

no 8%

dodd frank was not needed, all what happened was a bunch of money for printed 

Quoting an article from Dec 9th has nothing to do with today's market. I am going from November 9th to today.

Regulation and printing money are two different things. I am not a big fan of the QE, but I don`t see any better solutions being offered.

6 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Quoting an article from Dec 9th has nothing to do with today's market. I am going from November 9th to today.

Regulation and printing money are two different things. I am not a big fan of the QE, but I don`t see any better solutions being offered.

Best solution is do nothing and let the market do the work.  Let the bad banks take their haircut.

23 hours ago, blueblood said:

This post shows why the dems have been shown the boot from all levels of govt.  ordinary people have had it with being talked down to by political elites and gave them a resounding middle finger.  The longer that republican voters are pathetic morons message goes the more they win.

Why would I care? The pathetic morons vote for a party whose pressing priority for the last two decades has been to cut taxes on the rich, cut taxes and regulations for business, and remove as many services that help the poor and middle class as possible. More and more money is flowing to the top end of the economic tree while the people below get shat on, and then they vote for more of the same. <shrug> I have zero sympathy for the Joe's of this world. 

15 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Yet that freakout proved short-lived, with stocks racing higher on Election Day. Instead of focusing on fears that Trump could start a trade war, investors are hoping the president-elect will unleash the U.S. economy by cutting taxes, rolling back regulation and ramping up infrastructure spending.

"The basis for the rally is optimism about reversing Obama-nomics -- raising taxes and increasing regulation," said Peter Boockvar, chief market analyst at The Lindsey Group.

You have to remember the market is a short term instrument. It likes the idea of increasing government spending because that will result in a short-term economic boost. Of course, in the long term, that borrowed money has to be repaid...

It likes the idea of cutting regulation because in the short term that means better profits, especially for Wall Street, which is why much of the increase in the market has come from the financial sector. But in the longer term, well, a deregulation and lack of oversight is what caused the last great financial crisis, and will likely cause the next.

10 hours ago, blueblood said:

8% rise in the Dow jones since trump won.  It is in spitting distance of 20000 and blew past 19000.  

Was... was within spitting distance, but it has sagged back nearly 200 points since then.

9 hours ago, blueblood said:

Best solution is do nothing and let the market do the work.  Let the bad banks take their haircut.

There would have been more than a haircut without government intervention. And the interrelationship between the world's major banks would have seen institutions collapsing across the board.

27 minutes ago, Argus said:

Why would I care? The pathetic morons vote for a party whose pressing priority for the last two decades has been to cut taxes on the rich, cut taxes and regulations for business, and remove as many services that help the poor and middle class as possible. More and more money is flowing to the top end of the economic tree while the people below get shat on, and then they vote for more of the same. <shrug> I have zero sympathy for the Joe's of this world. 

Yet enough of the ultra rich  continue to back democrats.  With the democrats controlling the house in the mid 2000s to 2010 one can surmise that the money would find its way to the fat cats.

maybe it's the morons who vote for democrats that put so many rules and regulations that only the elites and their army of lawyers can afford to follow them.  How has increased government intervention and the war on poverty been working?  Massive waste, huge deficits, and more inequality.  Maybe time for change?

23 minutes ago, Argus said:

There would have been more than a haircut without government intervention. And the interrelationship between the world's major banks would have seen institutions collapsing across the board.

Let them collapse, the money will flow elsewhere and better banks will win out.