America under President Trump

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

But to use the handling of Hilary's e-mail thing as an excuse is a bold-faced lie. 

It's clear Comey got fired because of his Russia investigation. Which is somewhat chilling that Trump will fire anyone who's not a devoted Yes man. 

Русские русские и еще больше русских!!!

:lol:

Tell me, do you REALLY think the Russians won the US election?

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Русские русские и еще больше русских!!!

:lol:

Tell me, do you REALLY think the Russians won the US election?

No. But it appears that people on Team Trump were certainly cosy with them (Flynn, Sessions and Kush). 

Is Trump really going to play the plausible deniability card?  

Just now, Boges said:

No. But it appears that people on Team Trump were certainly cosy with them (Flynn, Sessions and Kush). 

Is Trump really going to play the plausible deniability card?  

I suppose ultimately I really don't care what Trump's opponents think of him.

To me, this new relationship is a welcome change from the old Soviet Union and the nuclear brinkmanship that accompanied the whole Cold War. I'd rather our efforts be spent frying ISIS and other assorted rebels in their rat holes rather than worrying about what underwear Putin happens to be wearing today. But, that's just me. 

Andrew Coyne:

The comforting supposition that Trump, whatever danger his presidency might present, could be contained by the checks and balances built into the U.S. system, is now very much in doubt. For ultimately checks and balances depend upon a willingness of the president to be so checked and balanced — the very kind of norm that Trump has shown at every turn he is unwilling to observe.

14 hours ago, Omni said:

Who is looking more foolish every day is Trump. I think so far he is up to 3 totally contradicting stories as to why he fired Comey. But here is a question to ask yourself, if Trump was so convinced he was not under investigation, why would he invite Comey to the WH for dinner during which he asked him "am I under investigation?" Which by the way is totally illegal to do.

There were lots of reasons to fire Comey, just because different people gave different answers, doesn't mean squat.  He was a dead man walking regardless of who won the election.  

As for asking Comey if he was under investigation, Trump probably wanted to make sure that he wasn't firing a person investigating him.  He likely wanted to make sure that there was nothing between them that would look inappropriate.  Had Comey said yes, he might still be employed.  Don't fool yourself, whatever you think of Trump, he's no dummy.

...Oh, and when the FBI doesn't find anything going forward - and they won't, the Dems get to scream about how Trumps interference and intimidation scared away the investigation.  They'll rant that firing Comey worked.  They'll scream about a constitutional crisis because the president was able to squash an investigation about himself.  Their playbook is obvious.

35 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

There were lots of reasons to fire Comey, just because different people gave different answers, doesn't mean squat.  He was a dead man walking regardless of who won the election.  

As for asking Comey if he was under investigation, Trump probably wanted to make sure that he wasn't firing a person investigating him.  He likely wanted to make sure that there was nothing between them that would look inappropriate.  Had Comey said yes, he might still be employed.  Don't fool yourself, whatever you think of Trump, he's no dummy.

Trump fired Comey because he wouldn't agree to an oath of loyalty to Trump at a dinner he was invited to by Trump, which Comey felt was inappropriate at best. Now to post another one if his idiotic tweets which could again be found to be obstruction of justice, yep, I'd say he's a dummy. At least he sure acts like one. 

I see Trump has managed to get his disapproval rating UP to 58%

and his approval rating DOWN to 36%

And Quinnipiac University has recentlt released the results of a poll of Americans as to what was the first word that comes to their mind when they think of Donald Trump. The first three:       Idiot, incompetent, liar.

And he has achieved all of that in just over 100 days.

16 minutes ago, Omni said:

I see Trump has managed to get his disapproval rating UP to 58%

and his approval rating DOWN to 36%

And Quinnipiac University has recentlt released the results of a poll of Americans as to what was the first word that comes to their mind when they think of Donald Trump. The first three:       Idiot, incompetent, liar.

And he has achieved all of that in just over 100 days.

more stupid than bush and more corrupt thank nixon

gg americas

[email protected]

3 hours ago, Boges said:

But to use the handling of Hilary's e-mail thing as an excuse is a bold-faced lie. 

It's clear Comey got fired because of his Russia investigation. Which is somewhat chilling that Trump will fire anyone who's not a devoted Yes man. 

All leaders of all political party's will fire anyone who does not agree with their boss. That is politics. Politics stinks. What Canada needs more of is unemployed politicians.

Works for me. :D

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Trump fired Comey because he wouldn't agree to an oath of loyalty to Trump at a dinner he was invited to by Trump, which Comey felt was inappropriate at best. Now to post another one if his idiotic tweets which could again be found to be obstruction of justice, yep, I'd say he's a dummy. At least he sure acts like one. 

Obama demanded loyalty from his underlings. All leaders do. So, what's your point? 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

Obama demanded loyalty from his underlings. All leaders do. So, what's your point? 

When you hold those offices you take a pledge of loyalty to the constitution and the people of America, not any one individual.

Not even the president.

Edited by Omni

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

So what do you think that loyalty should include and should not include? Should it include lying or doing things that are unethical or maybe even illegal? Should it mean violating an oath they took when accepting their position?

22 minutes ago, Wilber said:

So what do you think that loyalty should include and should not include? Should it include lying or doing things that are unethical or maybe even illegal? Should it mean violating an oath they took when accepting their position?

I saw CBS interviewing trump loyalists on the news last night. They asked one woman if it would matter to her if proof was found that Trump did collude with the Russians to win election, and she said no, it wouldn't matter at all to her. Another woman said he was sent from God to cleanse America of all its perverted and depraved anti-Christian behaviour.

If people are looking for Trump supporters to turn on him, it's not going to happen. Trump once said that he could walk down main street shooting people and his supporters wouldn't care. I'd say he's right, and not only would his supporters not care they'd cheer him on as FOX explained that he was just killing commies and liberals who were a danger to America.

17 minutes ago, Argus said:

I saw CBS interviewing trump loyalists on the news last night. They asked one woman if it would matter to her if proof was found that Trump did collude with the Russians to win election, and she said no, it wouldn't matter at all to her. Another woman said he was sent from God to cleanse America of all its perverted and depraved anti-Christian behaviour.

If people are looking for Trump supporters to turn on him, it's not going to happen. Trump once said that he could walk down main street shooting people and his supporters wouldn't care. I'd say he's right, and not only would his supporters not care they'd cheer him on as FOX explained that he was just killing commies and liberals who were a danger to America.

Those people will always exist, it's the sane ones who voted for him that matter. 

30 minutes ago, Argus said:

I saw CBS interviewing trump loyalists on the news last night. They asked one woman if it would matter to her if proof was found that Trump did collude with the Russians to win election, and she said no, it wouldn't matter at all to her. ...

Why would or should it matter, any more than Clinton "colluded" to win an election. 

Canada's PM tried to influence the election too...so what ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

30 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Correct...it was their choice, regardless of what other Americans or foreign nationals think about it.

A lot of them are having second thoughts now it seems. The mid terms will likely point that out...assuming Trump lasts that long of course.