America under President Trump

8 hours ago, kimmy said:

So... the White House is trying to convince everybody that they fired Comey because he was mean to Hillary?

Also, the memo says that Comey was fired on the recommendation of Jeff Sessions, but Sessions swore to recuse himself from interfering in the Russia inquiry, so it seems as though Sessions has broken that oath.

Meanwhile, after spending all last summer complaining that Hillary had been reckless in using a private email server for classified emails, Trump has given a Russian state-photographer a private tour of the White House. SMRT!

I'm not sure how that stacks up against letting Mar-a-Lago guests take selfies with "Rick" and the "nuclear football".

-k

How did Sessions interfere with the Russian inquiry?

2 hours ago, taxme said:

They said the same thing about Obama and Hillary also.

No, they haven't. And if 'they' have, then they're clearly mistaken.

2 hours ago, taxme said:

People died after falling out with those two misfits. 

None that I'm aware of.

20 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It seems they've had enough time to determine if any collusion occurred. Up till now they have found nothing.

Nothing? NSA, CIA, FBI, and many others have evidence of collusion. Why do you think Comey was fired?

Just now, Omni said:

Nothing? NSA, CIA, FBI, and many others have evidence of collusion. Why do you think Comey was fired?

Thursday, May 11, 2017
James Clapper, the former Director of National Intelligence, told a Senate Judiciary subcommittee on Monday that he still has not seen any evidence of any kind of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian foreign nationals.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-N.C., asked if Clapper's prior statement was correct, when he said on NBC that there was "no evidence' of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian officials. When asked if that is still accurate, Clapper said Monday, "it is."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/james-clapper-still-no-evidence-of-any-russian-collusion-with-trump-campaign/article/2622452

It makes no difference what I think the reason was. It is pure speculation. But I doubt it was because Donald Trump was afraid of something coming out of it. By now they should have found something. Either there is evidence, or there is not. People like Van Jones et al are all speculating and doing so for very specific reasons. I don't react to propaganda. Fact is, the people close to the investigation have nothing, as James Clapper makes clear.

What I think however is that liberals are looking more and more foolish every day. If they believe that what they are doing with this hysterical smear campaign we are seeing is going to be effective, IE convince the public that Trump is a train wreck in every way, they are likely in for a big surprise. They underestimate the capability of the public to perceive when they are being taken for a ride. If they don't change the message and start coming up with criticisms that are substantial, it will backfire in their faces, much like during the election.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

What I think however is that liberals are looking more and more foolish every day

Who is looking more foolish every day is Trump. I think so far he is up to 3 totally contradicting stories as to why he fired Comey. But here is a question to ask yourself, if Trump was so convinced he was not under investigation, why would he invite Comey to the WH for dinner during which he asked him "am I under investigation?" Which by the way is totally illegal to do.

25 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

To get him on record as saying "No, you are not under investigation".

Either Trump is lying about having asked the question, or, at the time he asked it he was not under investigation. However I remind you, asking that question is illegal, regardless of the appropriate answer.

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

Either Trump is lying about having asked the question, or, at the time he asked it he was not under investigation. However I remind you, asking that question is illegal, regardless of the appropriate answer.

I can't find any evidence that asking the question is illegal. Do you have evidence?

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I can't find any evidence that asking the question is illegal. Do you have evidence?

There are legal arguments on both sides of that fence, however not much doubt about how inappropriate that question was, under the circumstances.  

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Seems like a good idea to me....Comey screwed up the Clinton email server investigation too.

Ha ha ha, you understand you are promoting the same lame excuse Trump is trying to flog eh? Well at least one of them, I think he's got about 3 that are contradictory, and laughable. It will be interesting to see who trump picks to fill the slot. The interim won't of course be acceptable because he supports Comey's professionalism. 

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

on NBC News on Thursday, Trump said: “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.’”

Illegal, I wouldn't know but it sounds a lot like obstruction to me

Edited by Wilber

23 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The very same FBI director that these same folks demanded be fired during Hillary's election?? And they're upset, now???

That's awesome!

:D

But to use the handling of Hilary's e-mail thing as an excuse is a bold-faced lie. 

It's clear Comey got fired because of his Russia investigation. Which is somewhat chilling that Trump will fire anyone who's not a devoted Yes man. 

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Asking question is called "Obstruction of justice"? Nonsense.

Certainly trying to influence the investigation by asking something he is not entitled to ask and Comey is not entitled to divulge.

He also put the firing of Comey in the same sentence as declaring the Russian investigation to be a made up story. 

Edited by Wilber