America under President Trump

I know it's not the "sexy" reason, but could he have been fired because his decision process was getting compromised, because he was being too polarized, because there was a division in the FBI, because there were leaks, because he basically handcuffed his agents, his suit made a whooshing noise (Seinfeld reference) or any other legitimate reason? 

7 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I know it's not the "sexy" reason, but could he have been fired because his decision process was getting compromised, because he was being too polarized, because there was a division in the FBI, because there were leaks, because he basically handcuffed his agents, his suit made a whooshing noise (Seinfeld reference) or any other legitimate reason? 

Nope, I think it's much more likely that Comey and the FBI investigation were getting too close to what Trump fears most being exposed, and that would be that he had a little help from his friend Putin to "win" the election. 

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Nope, I think it's much more likely that Comey and the FBI investigation were getting too close to what Trump fears most being exposed, and that would be that he had a little help from his friend Putin to "win" the election. 

Comey wouldn't have been working alone on this though.  Surely at least one of those he was working with would have the guts to see it through.  It's not like they would lose their jobs.  Pence would be a fool to fire them after they handed him the Oval Office.

25 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Comey wouldn't have been working alone on this though.  Surely at least one of those he was working with would have the guts to see it through.  It's not like they would lose their jobs.  Pence would be a fool to fire them after they handed him the Oval Office.

You think the FBI can hand the Oval Office to Pence? Where did you get that idea?

11 minutes ago, Omni said:

You think the FBI can hand the Oval Office to Pence? Where did you get that idea?

I think they can play a hand in the impeachment of Trump. 

Edited by bcsapper

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Right or wrong he has the authority to fire the head of the FBI. What makes it a little kinky is that the FBI was conducting an investigation of the Oval Office.  

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Right or wrong he has the authority to fire the head of the FBI. What makes it a little kinky is that the FBI was conducting an investigation of the Oval Office.  

That's what I meant when I said he can't have been working alone. Others know where the bodies are buried. 

23 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Not likely....that would require criminal charges and conviction stemming from the investigation for candidate Trump. 

Impeachment is constitutionally for actions while in office.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not likely....that would require criminal charges and conviction stemming from the investigation by candidate Trump. 

Impeachment is constitutionally for actions while in office.

I did not know that. What if it turns out he shot someone the day before taking over?

17 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The same Democrats who said Director Comey was flaky for going after Clinton (again) are now his biggest defenders.

Politics as usual....

The Democrats didn't fire him. And it's sure as hell not politics as usual. I can only assume Trump dragged Kellyanne out of the closet when he realized he f'ed up yet again, big time this time. 

They say they're firing Comey for something that happened last July? 

And that it had nothing to do with the FBI issuing subpoenas to Michael Flynn associates just a few hours before Comey got axed?

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA,  ok!  That seems highly believable!

It's obviously long before my time, but people are comparing this to Nixon firing Archibald Cox during the Watergate investigation.

-k

On 5/2/2017 at 10:26 AM, Argus said:

More like because he's a pathological liar, an arrogant, bullying narcissist, and appallingly ignorant about almost every facet of life, economics, government and international politics.

And he has the morals of a pimp.

Just to be clear, are you still talking about Trump or did you change focus to Justin?

Thanks,

Boy could Trump have timed this any worse? First he fires the head of the FBI because he apparently was tired of hearing  about the investigation of Russian influence in the previous election that put him in power, and the next day he welcomes two high ranking Russian officials at the WH.

Perhaps closer to the real reason why Comey was fired.

Former FBI Director James Comey had requested additional funding and personnel for the agency’s probe into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election just days before he was fired, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Mr. Comey, fired by President Donald Trump on Tuesday, had asked Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein last week for a significant boost in resources and later briefed U.S. lawmakers on the request, the New York Times said, citing three unnamed officials.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/ousted-fbi-chief-comey-wanted-more-russia-probe-funds-before-firing/article34945221/