America under President Trump

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding on why Trump invoked the Impoundment Control Act of 1974 and what it does.

It has been invoked before. The first time was when liberals created it to attack Nixon with under cover of the Watergate scandal.

First off, you have to understand that Trump couldn't veto the Porkulus stimulus package. It has a veto proof majority in the Senate.

But what he can do is send the bill back to the Senate with line by line recissions of the pork. This forces Senators to put their names to the pork, item by item. They have 45 days to do it.

Now as to this idea the 'let them eat cake' Democrats and their lapdog media have been pushing that it was they, all along who wanted $2,000 dollars for the working stiffs and private business, I ask you who is more likely to want to slip stuff like 25 million dollars for gender programs for Pakistan and all this stuff listed at the link below into the bill?

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/column-2/house-passes-covid-porkulus-bill-25-million-for-gender-diversity-program-in-pakistan/

So what really happened is if the Dems ever did genuinely want 2,000 dollars for workers in the US before Trump suggested it they most likely bargained it away to slip in the pork.

The guy below explains it better below and why he thinks Trump was clever to do it.

As to the military bill that's a different kettle of fish but it mostly seems to concern how the Dems slipped protection into it for their friends in Silicone valley.  Most importantly the bill protects section 230 which sanctions the ability of social media monopolies to censor Americans for political purposes. I think he also wants more general domestic security to take out the slack that allows election fraud.

Edited by Infidel Dog

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Trump's FU to the GOP establishment is deliciously entertaining. 

He's forced the GOP in the House to overrule his Veto of the Defence Bill and he's sided with the Dems on $2,000 stimulus cheques. 

It forces Mitch to either ignore the House Bill (that was passed with some GOP support) or let his caucus vote against direct COVID-19 aid or support a bill passed by Nancy Pelosi. 

It also gives the Dems in Georgia campaign fuel for the Runoff elections next week. 

:lol:

The GOP deserve it. They had a president.

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Most importantly the bill protects section 230 which sanctions the ability of social media monopolies to censor Americans for political purposes.

I read somewhere this is now being removed. Hope that's true.

Quite sure that Donald Trump was pushing for more money to be given to Americans than the proposed 600/month, going back to September. I can't prove it. Don't want to, don't care.

Here's one the lamestreamers won't be telling their gullibles about until it's all over and they're complaining that it happened:

There's a Stop the Steal rally in Washington on January 6th. When you see how big that rally will be you'll get an idea of how many Americans aren't getting their news from what regressives think of as the "main stream."

Edited by Infidel Dog

2 minutes ago, Shady said:

Is this peak Trump derangement syndrome?  Noted presidential historian correctly points out that Andrew Johnson never tweeted heroic videos about himself! ?

I think it's just an acknowlegement that tweeting heroic videos about one's self is a lame, brainless and pathetic thing for anyone to do, never mind a US president on his way out the door.

It's a little clumsy though, yes.  Well spotted for that.

56 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I think it's just an acknowlegement that tweeting heroic videos about one's self is a lame, brainless and pathetic thing for anyone to do, never mind a US president on his way out the door.

It's a little clumsy though, yes.  Well spotted for that.

Not sure about brainless, maybe lame.  But didn’t presidents back in the day get themselves painted riding on horses?

3 minutes ago, Shady said:

Not sure about brainless, maybe lame.  But didn’t presidents back in the day get themselves painted riding on horses?

Or statues.  That's what we need.  A statue of Trump!

A biggly one.  Yuge!

1 hour ago, bcsapper said:

Not if it keeps Trump on your mind...and in your conversations...even across an international  border.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not if it keeps Trump on your mind...and in your conversations...even across an international  border.

I don't need a video for that.  His clownish antics, selfish obsessions, and gullible followers keep me amused well beyond my desires.  I have no idea what I'm going to do when he's gone.  Revisit the Laurel and Hardy stuff on YouTube, I guess.

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I don't need a video for that.  His clownish antics, selfish obsessions, and gullible followers keep me amused well beyond my desires.  I have no idea what I'm going to do when he's gone.  Revisit the Laurel and Hardy stuff on YouTube, I guess.

This is exactly what Trump wants....more attention...and you will keep giving it to him.

Suckers !

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is exactly what Trump wants....more attention...and you will keep giving it to him.

Suckers !

I don't think he wants the kind of attention he gets from me.  Nobody wants their inadequacies and defects to be part of someone else's entertainment.

Just now, bcsapper said:

I don't think he wants the kind of attention he gets from me.  Nobody wants their inadequacies and defects to be part of someone else's entertainment.

After all these years...you still don't get it.

You and your like minded ilk keep the party going....encouraging spirited counter responses and actions by Trump supporters ("Trumpers").    You even have a name for them....in Canada !

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

After all these years...you still don't get it.

You and your like minded ilk keep the party going....encouraging spirited counter responses and actions by Trump supporters ("Trumpers").    You even have a name for them....in Canada !

I think I get more entertainment than the party gets momentum.  I'm definitely the winner here.  Even though it is somewhat disturbing at times.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I think I get more entertainment than the party gets momentum.  I'm definitely the winner here.  Even though it is somewhat disturbing at times.

Then it is a win-win....thank you for playing.

Trump has been so effective at this, Canadians insult each other by calling each other "Trumpers".  I cannot think of another contemporary foreign leader who has so firmly injected himself into the collective Canadian consciousness.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Nobody wants their inadequacies and defects to be part of someone else's entertainment.

You have no qualms about sharing yours . . . here?

Whether President Trump has lost the election or not, the election itself  . . . warts and all, needs looking at. American and Canadian politics/procedures need critical scrutiny.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump has been so effective at this, Canadians insult each other by calling each other "Trumpers".  I cannot think of another contemporary foreign leader who has so firmly injected himself into the collective Canadian consciousness.

I thought you trumpers backed the church?  

Thank you for playing.  ?

1 hour ago, Nefarious Banana said:

You have no qualms about sharing yours . . . here?

Whether President Trump has lost the election or not, the election itself  . . . warts and all, needs looking at. American and Canadian politics/procedures need critical scrutiny.  

I would have to do some real soul searching to see if I could come up with one.

And even then, I'm anonymous, so I could always pretend it wasn't me anyway.

The election was scrutinized as much as any election ever has been, and was not found wanting. 

Losers lose.  They always have done.

10 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

First off, you have to understand that Trump couldn't veto the Porkulus stimulus package. It has a veto proof majority in the Senate.

Wrong again. He still could have vetoed it. And then Congress would have had a second vote to override his veto. But Trump signed it so as not to be a loser...yet again...

Congress can override a veto by passing the act with a two thirds vote in both the House and the senate.

The bill passed the house 359-53 then went to the Senate where it passed 92 to 6. That's a super-majority. The Senate could have over-rode a veto with 67. 

The president had to sign the bill. 

Edited by Infidel Dog

Another interesting move by president Trump. Seems he vetoed the US defence bill, knowing they would override it of course. They were quick to do so. But money for Americans who are sequestered at home?

Naa.

In a series of Tuesday morning tweets, Trump simultaneously called on the Senate to uphold his veto of the National Defense Authorization Act while claiming that "Weak and tired Republican 'leadership' " will allow the legislation to pass as-is.

Nice finish...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yeah you could say the same thing about Hitler or Charles Manson. It’s not the grand accomplishment you think it is. 

3 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Fake quote. We all know what that reveals about Trump supporters. The quote cited from Oxford reference  in your right wing drivel article is different than the one in the meme. See for yourself 

“I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this—who will count the votes, and how.”

Edited by BeaverFever